Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

[[

Go down 
+11
lol
bradt93
FreeJust
true_crime
sororityalpha
Screamingophelia
Lizpuff
Amarantha
QuestionMark
HanShotFirst
Bruce Wayne
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Bruce Wayne

Bruce Wayne

Contribution Points : 45719
Forum Reputation : 40

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2019 10:52 pm

Well most psychopaths are very cunning, usually no remorse, charming and in most cases somewhat smart.Eric showed a lot of what I said. Eric in my opinion is a psychopath . And in some cases psychopaths can actually love its usually someone close like family.
Back to top Go down
HanShotFirst
Top Contributor
HanShotFirst

Contribution Points : 64887
Forum Reputation : 1210

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2019 12:41 am

emanresu wrote:
Psychopaths cannot love because the region responsible for that is significantly smaller and greatly diminished in their brains. This would be the case since birth. Therefore they cannot form any emotional attachment to anyone or anything whatsoever. Eric had a huge crush on devon and had a lot of girlfriends. He would also get mad when he gets rejected. He expressed his love for his parents in the basement tapes (although that could be a con). But the chances of him being a psychopath is slim but him having antisocial personality disorder is very likely.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120928
Forum Reputation : 3191

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2019 12:51 am

Bruce Wayne wrote:
Well most psychopaths are very cunning, usually no remorse, charming and in most cases somewhat smart.Eric showed a lot of what I said.

Charming? Eric, the charming one? To adults, yeah, but to peers, no, not a chance.

Also, FTR, most psychopaths actually have below average intelligence, since they're prone to repeating their mistakes, lack the ability to think outside the moment, and are recklessly impulsive.

Amarantha

Amarantha

Contribution Points : 73022
Forum Reputation : 211

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2019 2:09 am

I'm not a pro in the medical field, but I suspect that Eric had undiagnosed BPD [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

he definitely wasn't a psychopath, you need to be plain inhuman without any kind of guilt, feelings and frailty to fit into that picture and Eric did actually showed this kind of emotions both in the tapes and his journal

Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2019 3:35 am

Amarantha wrote:
I'm not a pro in the medical field, but I suspect that Eric had undiagnosed BPD [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Dylan always struck me as more BPD really.

Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 96724
Forum Reputation : 1190

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2019 8:36 am

I won't touch the psycho stuff.... but the person claiming Eric loved Devon, is Devon. And I don't believe her whatsoever. She has this huge attachment to Dylan that I don't believe was there in his life and I think she wants to insert herself into a bigger role than she played.

Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193796
Forum Reputation : 1317

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2019 9:16 am

I’m pretty sure Eric started hating her because she ratted them out for something and then she started to say something about Dylan at some point because even Nate emailed her and told her to knock it off.

I think when it comes to Eric, Most people were pretty clear about who he liked... He was incredibly persistent so I’m sure we would’ve heard something if he was trying to ask out Devon

Besides Marla, and we’re only basing this on the random statement from marla about Dylan asking her to prom And his date with Kristen a couple weeks before the massacre . Which Kristen never mentions I don’t think, Dylans crushes are a mystery.

It is interesting because hate and love are kind of synonymous with each other. So someone can hate passionately and they can also love just the same.

Bruce Wayne

Contribution Points : 45719
Forum Reputation : 40

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2019 12:58 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] i agree with Eric only really did fool adults but still fooled somebody 🤷🏾‍�

Btw Dude not all psychopaths are smart but most are such Jeffrey Dahmer, Edmund Kemper, Hilter, Ted bundy, and The Unabomber. And thats just a short list. The lists goes on and on Once again not all are but most are.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2019 2:31 pm

Bruce Wayne wrote:
Btw Dude not all psychopaths are smart but most are such Jeffrey Dahmer, Edmund Kemper, Hilter, Ted bundy, and The Unabomber. And thats just a short list. The lists goes on and on Once again not all are but most are.

Dahmer, Hitler, and the Unabomber were not psychopaths, and I have serious doubts Ed Kemper was a psychopath either. So in your list, the only actual, provable psychopath you have is Bundy.

You've still got it backwards too, most psychopaths (at least, criminal, low-functioning ones) are stupid, not smart. A person like Ted Bundy is the exception, not the rule. Even having said that Bundy had horrible impulse control problems, binge drinking alcohol during his murders, was genuinely surprised that an eyewitness could place him at the scene of a crime because he felt that nobody noticed other people, and stole credit cards instead of working for money. Most criminal psychopaths are like Arthur Shawcross or Martin Bryant - people who dropped out of school and turned to committing crimes out of sheer boredom and short-sightedness.

sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 124624
Forum Reputation : 1001

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2019 2:44 pm

Psychopathy in the workplace

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2019 3:53 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
Amarantha wrote:

I have to agree with this. I hate trying to diagnose Eric and Dylan with any kind of mental health problem (or anyone dead for that matter). It's really hard to say because none of us here knew Eric or Dylan. We can only base our guesses on what other people have said about them and the few mannerisms we've gotten to see through writings and videos. But this is a really interesting topic to me, and I just can't leave it alone. Despite the fact I hate to do it, I would strongly agree that Dylan has BPD. I wouldn't say that either of the boys was a psychopath though.

Let's look at some symptoms of BPD that apply to Dylan:

1. Fear of abandonment

I don't really know if this one applied to Dylan or not. In a roundabout way, I think it does. I think Dylan was afraid of getting attached to people so that they couldn't abandon him in the future. But on the other hand, he pretty much abandoned all of his friends aside from Eric before the massacre.

2. Unstable relationship(s)

There's not really much to be said here that isn't obvious. Dylan had unstable relationships with almost everyone especially later in life.

3. Unclear self-image

Dylan's writings show he shifted from self-hatred to wanting to feel "godlike". That's a very conflicting self-image.

4. Self-destructive behaviors or Impulsive Behaviors

The shooting itself could chalk up to a self-destructive behavior. The REB missions, the van break-in, the alcohol, etc. I think a lot of Dylan's behaviors were self-destructive. We know he talked about self-harm, which leads me to: 5. Self-Harm.

6 and 7. Chronic feelings of emptiness & Feeling out of touch with reality

Dylan felt very empty if his writings are any indicator of his real feelings. In fact, the kid felt so empty he dreamt up this entire fake world that he wanted to live in. Dylan constantly talked about his "halcyon girl" and how he was going to meet her in the end. Now, this may have at one point been a real girl. I think it is safe to say that by the end, Dylan's girl was nothing but a figment of his own imagination. (Chronic empty feelings could go hand in hand with depression, though.)

I, also, know that people with BPD tend to have very short tempers. Now, of course, I am no psychiatrist. I won't pretend to be. As I said before, I hate to diagnose dead people. This is just all my own opinion based on what I learned when I was undergoing therapy. I was suspected to have BPD. These are just a few of the symptoms that I learned about. Ultimately, I didn't have BPD. But, in my opinion, Dylan probably did.
Back to top Go down
true_crime

true_crime

Contribution Points : 59099
Forum Reputation : 296

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2019 4:40 pm

[quote="hvernon"]
Amarantha wrote:

I have to agree with this. I hate trying to diagnose Eric and Dylan with any kind of mental health problem (or anyone dead for that matter). It's really hard to say because none of us here knew Eric or Dylan. We can only base our guesses on what other people have said about them and the few mannerisms we've gotten to see through writings and videos. But this is a really interesting topic to me, and I just can't leave it alone. Despite the fact I hate to do it, I would strongly agree that Dylan has BPD. I wouldn't say that either of the boys was a psychopath though.

Let's look at some symptoms of BPD that apply to Dylan:

1. Fear of abandonment

I don't really know if this one applied to Dylan or not. In a roundabout way, I think it does. I think Dylan was afraid of getting attached to people so that they couldn't abandon him in the future. But on the other hand, he pretty much abandoned all of his friends aside from Eric before the massacre.

2. Unstable relationship(s)

There's not really much to be said here that isn't obvious. Dylan had unstable relationships with almost everyone especially later in life.

3. Unclear self-image

Dylan's writings show he shifted from self-hatred to wanting to feel "godlike". That's a very conflicting self-image.

4. Self-destructive behaviors or Impulsive Behaviors

The shooting itself could chalk up to a self-destructive behavior. The REB missions, the van break-in, the alcohol, etc. I think a lot of Dylan's behaviors were self-destructive. We know he talked about self-harm, which leads me to: 5. Self-Harm.

6 and 7. Chronic feelings of emptiness & Feeling out of touch with reality

Dylan felt very empty if his writings are any indicator of his real feelings. In fact, the kid felt so empty he dreamt up this entire fake world that he wanted to live in. Dylan constantly talked about his "halcyon girl" and how he was going to meet her in the end. Now, this may have at one point been a real girl. I think it is safe to say that by the end, Dylan's girl was nothing but a figment of his own imagination. (Chronic empty feelings could go hand in hand with depression, though.)

I, also, know that people with BPD tend to have very short tempers. Now, of course, I am no psychiatrist. I won't pretend to be. As I said before, I hate to diagnose dead people. This is just all my own opinion based on what I learned when I was undergoing therapy. I was suspected to have BPD. These are just a few of the symptoms that I learned about. Ultimately, I didn't have BPD. But, in my opinion, Dylan probably did.

Dylan more than likely was Schitzotypical or had Avoidant Personality Disorder.

Contribution Points : 44890
Forum Reputation : 100

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2019 5:54 pm

Does anybody else kind of blame Cullen for th psychopath thing?
I mean, I’m not saying he was or wasn’t, because I’m not a doctor by any stretch of the imagination, LOL...but wasn’t it Cullen who kind of started that?
Or am I wayyyy confused and thinking of something else?? Laughing
Back to top Go down
bradt93

Contribution Points : 91581
Forum Reputation : 255

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2019 11:03 pm

I wonder if they deep down regretted what they did before they died? Their had to be some good buried under all that hate and anger they had. Sad

true_crime

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2019 12:09 am

bradt93 wrote:
I wonder if they deep down regretted what they did before they died? Their had to be some good buried under all that hate and anger they had. [smiley][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Oh definitely. Eric even mentions it in his journal beforehand. He writes that he will have to become hardened, that he will have to imagine that it is a video game. It’s the mindset of a kid. That’s why I firmly believe they stopped killing innocent people. Their plans went wrong, they would have to kill up close and personal instead of shooting from a distance. The adrenaline wore off and perhaps the reality of what they were doing hit them. At least one person in the library overheard Dylan say “Maybe we should start knifing people, that would be more fun.” Also, keep in mind that they spent only about 10 minutes in the cafeteria, but the scene in the library and their victims would look much differently.

Contribution Points : 103322
Forum Reputation : 325

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2019 6:09 pm

On what planet was Eric Harris charming? To adults? Any teenager can be charming to adults. But what about to girls? Or just people in general? His friends? No way in hell was the kid a charmer. He was so incredibly awkward, and uncomfortable in his own skin every time I watch him in videos. If anything he lacked being charismatic, which is what he disliked. Girls in his school constantly described him as being "weird", including girls he went out with.

He was definitely no charmer.

downwardspiral likes this post

Back to top Go down
Amarantha

Amarantha

Contribution Points : 73022
Forum Reputation : 211

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2019 12:13 am

QuestionMark wrote:
Amarantha wrote:

I think he was a bit too depersonalized to fall into the BPD spectrum. Usually, borderline people are very outspoken about their feelings, they constantly change opinion about people around them depending on how they feel and they have persistent mood swings, Dylan, however, kept somehow a low profile while he was stuck in a depressive slump 24/7, his outbursts were relatively rare for a BPD sufferer

Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2019 12:29 am

Amarantha wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
Amarantha wrote:

I think he was a bit too depersonalized to fall into the BPD spectrum. Usually, borderline people are very outspoken about their feelings, they constantly change opinion about people around them depending on how they feel and they have persistent mood swings, Dylan, however, kept somehow a low profile while he was stuck in a depressive slump 24/7, his outbursts were relatively rare for a BPD sufferer

Regardless, it still fits Dylan way better than it does Eric.

Norwegian
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 79403
Forum Reputation : 304

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2019 11:45 am

Its pretty much un-debatable that Harris had some sort of ASPS. Its been established by experts and researchers alike, so IDK why people keep beating over a dead horse
Back to top Go down
sympathyforEandD

sympathyforEandD

Contribution Points : 71744
Forum Reputation : 486

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2019 1:37 pm

lol wrote:
On what planet was Eric Harris charming? To adults? Any teenager can be charming to adults. But what about to girls? Or just people in general? His friends? No way in hell was the kid a charmer. He was so incredibly awkward, and uncomfortable in his own skin every time I watch him in videos. If anything he lacked being charismatic, which is what he disliked. Girls in his school constantly described him as being "weird", including girls he went out with.

I don't think Eric was "awkward" in the slightest. His body language, facial expressions and how he carried himself were all neurotypical. Girls at Columbine weren't interested in him because he got picked on. Straight up. To women, being bullied means you have weak genes and are low on the social totem pole. They want to be inseminated by the bully, not the bully victim.
Back to top Go down
true_crime

true_crime

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2019 3:01 pm

Norwegian wrote:
Its pretty much un-debatable that Harris had some sort of ASPS. Its been established by experts and researchers alike, so IDK why people keep beating over a dead horse

Those experts and researchers cannot officially diagnose someone without talking/analyzing them while alive.

thelmar

Contribution Points : 83307
Forum Reputation : 3068

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2019 4:45 pm

sympathyforEandD wrote:
lol wrote:

I don't think Eric was "awkward" in the slightest. His body language, facial expressions and how he carried himself were all neurotypical. Girls at Columbine weren't interested in him because he got picked on. Straight up. To women, being bullied means you have weak genes and are low on the social totem pole. They want to be inseminated by the bully, not the bully victim.

I don't know what videos you're watching but Eric's constant fidgeting, hand picking, and face touching look awkward as hell, to me. And I don't know if you've ever had a relationship with a woman, but you don't seem to know much about what they want.

downwardspiral likes this post

Back to top Go down
Norwegian
Top 10 Contributor

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2019 7:51 pm

Apparently they can
Back to top Go down
MysterionSZAF

Contribution Points : 46134
Forum Reputation : 83

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2019 8:52 pm

sympathyforEandD wrote:
To women, being bullied means you have weak genes and are low on the social totem pole. They want to be inseminated by the bully, not the bully victim.

Whenever someone is talking about women and then the word "genes" come up, i just physically cringe.

QuestionMark, downwardspiral and angelsurf like this post

Back to top Go down
lol

Contribution Points : 103322
Forum Reputation : 325

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2019 10:10 pm

sympathyforEandD wrote:
lol wrote:

Eric was incredibly awkward. Just look at the kid's demeanor. He looks very uncomfortable in his own skin. Looks like the typical socially awkward kid who has problems talking to girls, which it damn well showed. Girls in Columbine weren't interested in him due to a mixture of reasons.
Back to top Go down
Norwegian
Top 10 Contributor

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2019 8:21 am

Definately there tends to be a problem with bullying in a place where you have a lot of kids. In a lot of ways thats because of mental and emotional development in the brain.

But we also need to establish what bullying truly is. Its not just physical and its not just mean spirited behaviour. Theres an imballance of power and repeated acts of abuse, wether its verbal physical or emotional, etc.

The one doesnt necessarily exclude the other. He could have been both bullied and a psychopath at the same time. Of course. Its not like a bullied person has to fit into a certain character. And the argument 'those experts cant diagnose someone thats dead', apparently they can.

And I dont think its our job to evaluate something like that. When anyone can put a diagnose onto people. The end result of that tends to be a not very pretty one.

IDK why so many people inside the TCC keeps repeating that argument? And act as if they are more qualified than the experts to answer that question? That makes absolutely 0 sense, other than portraying these two as nothing more than victims of relentless bullying. When anyone thats been following schools shootings and mass shootings and the reseach coming out knows that its usually far more complex than the stereotype will tell you.

Im assuming that for them to diagnose him like that it takes a bit of an effort to come up with that conclusion. This isnt something that they can just make up. They have to evaluate this on a professional basis. Of course, not everyone wants to hear this, but most likely they had their reasons for doing so.
Back to top Go down
Norwegian
Top 10 Contributor

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2019 8:26 am

Amarantha wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
Amarantha wrote:

I believe that it generally depends on who you are asking. It seems as though if he hated you he would treat you like shit and if he liked you,he would be nice.
Back to top Go down
Norwegian
Top 10 Contributor

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2020 2:15 pm

FreeJust wrote:
Does anybody else kind of blame Cullen for th psychopath thing?
I mean, I’m not saying he was or wasn’t, because I’m not a doctor by any stretch of the imagination, LOL...but wasn’t it Cullen who kind of started that?
Or am I wayyyy confused and thinking of something else?? Laughing

No, Cullen didnt start it. It came from the Investigation. Cullen Just took upon what allready had been established. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[[
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: