Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ladies: Have you felt love for The Boys?

Go down 
+8
Onyx
42099_4EVA
Jenn
Marianna
LadyStardust
Screamingophelia
Lizpuff
sympathyforEandD
12 posters
AuthorMessage
sympathyforEandD

sympathyforEandD

Contribution Points : 71469
Forum Reputation : 486

Ladies: Have you felt love for The Boys? Empty
PostSubject: Ladies: Have you felt love for The Boys?   Ladies: Have you felt love for The Boys? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2019 11:47 am

Since they have so many female fans (Eric in particular it seems), I'm just curious if the women of the Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum have ever crushed on The Boys. If so: Spill. Which boy, and what did you like best about him? Did you tell anyone? Did you look at photographs of him every day? :3
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 96449
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: Ladies: Have you felt love for The Boys?   Ladies: Have you felt love for The Boys? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2019 12:28 pm

All right I will bite. I am female but no I have never crushed on either of them. I am in my 30s and even though had they lived they would be older than me, it feels disgusting to be attracted to children. BC that is what they were. Children. Not to mention their actions. I don't think either was horribly ugly but they both were normal looking kids to me.

I think it is odd to be attracted to them bc of their age and so many of these women are older but I can get it in a way. There are so many women attracted to criminals of all kinds. Ramirez had his fair share of lady fans and look at his mug.

I don't know that this post will get many admitting those feelings however. Since they tend to be ridiculed.

Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193507
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Ladies: Have you felt love for The Boys?   Ladies: Have you felt love for The Boys? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2019 12:40 pm

It’s an odd thing indeed, they would have been my age so I remember thinking they were pretty normal looking, like Sue said; Dylan (and I’d say Eric) didn’t look like kids you’d be afraid of.

But there are others I’ve come across who were in their 30’s when Columbine happened who seem to find them very attractive, that’s unnerving.

It’s very taboo to find any mass shooter anything besides repellent

I’ve been on true crime pages where there are memes and jokes about Dahmer, Bundy and that sort but if you mention a mass shooter you’re scum.

LadyStardust

Contribution Points : 51617
Forum Reputation : 387

PostSubject: Re: Ladies: Have you felt love for The Boys?   Ladies: Have you felt love for The Boys? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2019 1:37 pm

I think it is that very "normalcy" of the boys, and the glimpses we get into thier human side and feelings, that causes  many of us to feel great compassion for them. After reading thier journals, and chats, etc, and seeing how vulnerable they felt - it can tug at the heartstrings. But compassion is not lust or a crush. It seems many of the ladies on here feel that compassion and empathy for two lost souls.  Maybe it's just in our nature. But, I don't think you're going to find many fangirls on this discussion board.
Back to top Go down
Marianna

Contribution Points : 44223
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: Ladies: Have you felt love for The Boys?   Ladies: Have you felt love for The Boys? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2019 5:45 pm

LadyStardust wrote:
I think it is that very "normalcy" of the boys, and the glimpses we get into thier human side and feelings, that causes  many of us to feel great compassion for them. After reading thier journals, and chats, etc, and seeing how vulnerable they felt - it can tug at the heartstrings. But compassion is not lust or a crush. It seems many of the ladies on here feel that compassion and empathy for two lost souls.  Maybe it's just in our nature. But, I don't think you're going to find many fangirls on this discussion board.

Yes! This is it for me too. No crush- I am also “too old”; I could practically be their mothers, age-wise... Plus I tend to prefer my love interests alive and without criminal activity!
For me it’s more of a sense of empathy and compassion, along w/ almost some false sense of having “known them” from having been able to read their journals/sense their vulnerabilities, see their videos, etc.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 119058
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: Ladies: Have you felt love for The Boys?   Ladies: Have you felt love for The Boys? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2019 9:19 am

As a grown woman, no, there's no attraction or crush. Going back to the day that this happened, I remember it. I had just gotten home from school. I live on the east coast so we are 2-3 hours ahead of Colorado and by the time I got home, they were posting photos of who the shooters were. I remember sitting in my kitchen with my Grandmother watching the news.

And I thought to myself how normal-looking the boys were. Not ugly, not necessarily attractive but like most other kids that age. And I thought "those kids are the shooters?" like kinda shocked because they just looked like normal teenagers.

After that day, I never really thought about Columbine again until years later. When I first got into it, I did have a lot of sympathy for Dylan. I wouldn't call it "love" though, lol. Mostly because the first thing I ever really read about Columbine was Cullen's book (and I have the original version, not the edited one) and at the time, I actually believed his bullshit. Once I started actually researching and looking into the truth, my entire opinion changed.

Back to top Go down
42099_4EVA

42099_4EVA

Contribution Points : 66160
Forum Reputation : 28

PostSubject: Re: Ladies: Have you felt love for The Boys?   Ladies: Have you felt love for The Boys? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2019 10:43 pm

Me personally? Never. I do admit that Eric is very handsome but that's just because I think he looks a lot like Macaulay Culkin and Culkin is who I have a serious crush on, but as far as falling in love with Eric and Dylan? No, but I have a hell of a lot of sorrow and remorse for them because I get why they did what they did. I feel the inner hurt and pain regarding what they went through, which led them to carry out NBK and in no way at all do I consider them evil. I consider them to have been wounded and abused in numerous ways and hurt people hurt people, so that's my take on it and had I been at Columbine during the years of '99, '98, oh we three would've been best buds and I probably would've helped them get the hell out of Colorado because I believe Colorado was the source of all their hurt and pain....That's just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Onyx
Top Contributor
Onyx

Contribution Points : 49277
Forum Reputation : 378

PostSubject: Re: Ladies: Have you felt love for The Boys?   Ladies: Have you felt love for The Boys? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2019 11:10 pm

Not exactly love, but 10 years ago when I was in high school I thought Dylan had potential Very Happy
He reminded me of a young Stewart Copeland who I find veeeeery attractive.
Back to top Go down
Butterbean

Contribution Points : 44185
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Ladies: Have you felt love for The Boys?   Ladies: Have you felt love for The Boys? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2019 11:41 am

No, but both had a lot of potential in the looks department. I was surprised by how good Dylan looked in the interview where his silly bozo hair was hidden. Eric looked better with longer hair and Dylan with shorter. I’m not sure why both went in the opposite direction. It’s so tragic they thought high school was it because I believe both would’ve grown into their looks and been able to date pretty girls. Who knows if something as simple, but important, may have changed the course of events. But there’s a lot more to attracting girls than looks so......
Back to top Go down
Onyx
Top Contributor
Onyx

PostSubject: Re: Ladies: Have you felt love for The Boys?   Ladies: Have you felt love for The Boys? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2019 11:57 am

Butterbean wrote:
No, but both had a lot of potential in the looks department. I was surprised by how good Dylan looked in the interview where his silly bozo hair was hidden. Eric looked better with longer hair and Dylan with shorter. I’m not sure why both went in the opposite direction. It’s so tragic they thought high school was it because I believe both would’ve grown into their looks and been able to date pretty girls. Who knows if something as simple, but important, may have changed the course of events. But there’s a lot more to attracting girls than looks so......

I don't think their appearance was a problem they had no luck with the girls, but their bad attitudes.
Back to top Go down
Butterbean

Contribution Points : 44185
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Ladies: Have you felt love for The Boys?   Ladies: Have you felt love for The Boys? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2019 2:39 pm

I completely agree, Onyx. That’s what my last sentence implied. I assume they thought looks were the problem though.
Back to top Go down
sympathyforEandD

sympathyforEandD

Contribution Points : 71469
Forum Reputation : 486

PostSubject: Re: Ladies: Have you felt love for The Boys?   Ladies: Have you felt love for The Boys? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2019 7:52 am

Onyx wrote:
Butterbean wrote:

I don't think their appearance was a problem they had no luck with the girls, but their bad attitudes.

Uh, weren't the jocks who had their pick of the women basically sociopaths?

Girls weren't interested in E&D because they were low-status outcasts who got picked on. Women are like WiFi. They see all available devices and connect to the strongest one. There's no "you must be this good of a person to ride."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I agree that Eric was a handsome kid. He was also super intelligent. I wish people had just left him alone.
Back to top Go down
Onyx
Top Contributor
Onyx

PostSubject: Re: Ladies: Have you felt love for The Boys?   Ladies: Have you felt love for The Boys? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2019 10:21 am

sympathyforEandD wrote:
Onyx wrote:
Butterbean wrote:

Uh, weren't the jocks who had their pick of the women basically sociopaths?

Girls weren't interested in E&D because they were low-status outcasts who got picked on. Women are like WiFi. They see all available devices and connect to the strongest one. There's no "you must be this good of a person to ride."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I agree that Eric was a handsome kid. He was also super intelligent. I wish people had just left him alone.

Sometimes they left him alone, but then he wanted to be involved.
I think a big part of the problem is that he didn't even know what he really wanted.
Back to top Go down
true_crime

true_crime

Contribution Points : 58824
Forum Reputation : 296

PostSubject: Re: Ladies: Have you felt love for The Boys?   Ladies: Have you felt love for The Boys? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2019 2:41 am

Butterbean wrote:
I think a big part of the problem is that he didn't even know what he really wanted.

But do any of us at that age?

Top Contributor
Onyx

PostSubject: Re: Ladies: Have you felt love for The Boys?   Ladies: Have you felt love for The Boys? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2019 7:31 am

true_crime wrote:
Butterbean wrote:

But do any of us at that age?

Well, around the age of 17-18 we know at least roughly whether we are social persons or loners and as employment or study time is close, we should at least somewhat know what we want.
Eric was often diametrically opposed in his desires, thoughts and attitudes, which probably made him very angry and frustrated and difficult to communicate with other people and achieve mutual understanding.
Back to top Go down
Imperator

Imperator

Contribution Points : 73520
Forum Reputation : 175

PostSubject: Re: Ladies: Have you felt love for The Boys?   Ladies: Have you felt love for The Boys? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2019 12:44 pm

Smells like Teen Spirit and feels like a Nysnc concert.

Quote :
They see all available devices and connect to the strongest one. There's no "you must be this good of a person to ride."
Nothing strong about cowardly murdering defenseless people. If that is what you find strong to defend your 'cave' as you put it earlier than I believe you have a serious disconnect to reality. This is NOT a survival instinct. It is disturbing fan girl behavior.

My opinion
Back to top Go down
noodlesoldier

noodlesoldier

Contribution Points : 43171
Forum Reputation : 50

PostSubject: Re: Ladies: Have you felt love for The Boys?   Ladies: Have you felt love for The Boys? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2019 8:42 pm

LadyStardust wrote:
I think it is that very "normalcy" of the boys, and the glimpses we get into thier human side and feelings, that causes many of us to feel great compassion for them. After reading thier journals, and chats, etc, and seeing how vulnerable they felt - it can tug at the heartstrings. But compassion is not lust or a crush. It seems many of the ladies on here feel that compassion and empathy for two lost souls.  Maybe it's just in our nature. But, I don't think you're going to find many fangirls on this discussion board.

I second this. I first read about Columbine back in 2012, when I was 17 years old myself. The same age as they were, pretty much. And as bad as it might seem, I did fall for Eric. And yup, when I say I fell for him I mean romantically.
Now, I have to clarify that I wasn't a crazed fangirl making collages and editing pictures of him with hearts and shit. Rather a teenage girl who thought of him as really interesting, with an interesting character and personality (cause you do get a lot of insight of him through journals and videos, etc.) Hell, he even liked the same movies, the same music, everything. On top of that, he is/was very good looking. No doubt. He was just someone I could really see myself with as in a boyfriend or friend and had I been in school with him back then I definitely would've made a move on him.

Of course, when I think about what he's done I feel anger towards him and even disgust. But most of all, disappointment. WHY did they have to do it. WHY.

Today, I'm 24 and if I met him I'd just slap him hard in his face and tell him to get his fucking senses together. Shooting other kids is NOT the answer.
Back to top Go down
Imperator

Imperator

PostSubject: Re: Ladies: Have you felt love for The Boys?   Ladies: Have you felt love for The Boys? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2019 9:17 pm

out of morbid curiosity, how could you fall for Eric or Dylan through fractional glimpses of their minds through incomplete journals? Serious question.
Back to top Go down
noodlesoldier

noodlesoldier

PostSubject: Re: Ladies: Have you felt love for The Boys?   Ladies: Have you felt love for The Boys? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2019 9:23 pm

Imperator wrote:
out of morbid curiosity, how could you fall for Eric or Dylan through fractional glimpses of their minds through incomplete journals?   Serious question.

Dunno if this was a general question or aimed at me but, I was 17, is that enough of an answer? lol.
Although, if I dig deeper, I think I created this image of him in my head. But yet, with just fractional glimpses and incomplete journals, I fell for him. I can't really remember. I have a hard time understanding it myself today.
Back to top Go down
Imperator

Imperator

PostSubject: Re: Ladies: Have you felt love for The Boys?   Ladies: Have you felt love for The Boys? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2019 9:24 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

yes the question was directed at you and fair enough on the response.
Back to top Go down
Onyx
Top Contributor
Onyx

PostSubject: Re: Ladies: Have you felt love for The Boys?   Ladies: Have you felt love for The Boys? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2019 6:44 am

Even though I found Dylan a bit interesting 10 years ago, it kind of frustrates me to read that someone would date him or Eric. For the most part, they were unpopular, isolated and considered unattractive. So if anyone thinks they would date them, date such guys from your surroundings and stop them, as they may be the next ones to commit mass murder Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
noodlesoldier

noodlesoldier

PostSubject: Re: Ladies: Have you felt love for The Boys?   Ladies: Have you felt love for The Boys? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2019 8:06 am

I get your point, but I hung out with the ''unpopular, unattractive kids'' when I was in school. I was in that ''group''. I wasn't bullied but I wasn't the most popular one either. Just neutral. Then again, Eric was not unattractive, to me. Maybe my way of thinking back then was a bit different than from a typical American teen, since I'm not one myself.

Also, are you implying that one should date a dude just to stop them from becoming a mass shooter? In my world, you date a guy cause you like him and he's cute, idk.... scratch scratch
Back to top Go down
Imperator

Imperator

PostSubject: Re: Ladies: Have you felt love for The Boys?   Ladies: Have you felt love for The Boys? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2019 11:22 am

um dating someone thinking you're going to fix them is a recipe for disaster.

Just making a general statement there.
Back to top Go down
noodlesoldier

noodlesoldier

PostSubject: Re: Ladies: Have you felt love for The Boys?   Ladies: Have you felt love for The Boys? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2019 12:18 pm

Imperator wrote:
um dating someone thinking you're going to fix them is a recipe for disaster.  

Just making a general statement there.  

Sure, but why date someone just to fix them? That seems a bit odd. Can't really know if someone needs to be 'fixed' beforehand. You obviously wouldn't know his intentions and plans.
Back to top Go down
Imperator

Imperator

PostSubject: Re: Ladies: Have you felt love for The Boys?   Ladies: Have you felt love for The Boys? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2019 4:24 pm

Quote :
Sure, but why date someone just to fix them?
Simply, you don't.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: Ladies: Have you felt love for The Boys?   Ladies: Have you felt love for The Boys? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2019 6:07 pm

I think a lot of it is just glorifying the boys themselves. Can happen in any relationship. People put what they know about them, pictures, videos, writings etc and add in things that they see in movies/other fantasies to turn E&D into a dream guy.

When in reality Brooks compared Eric to Napoleon Dynamite... he may not have actually been like Napoleon but everytime I think about that comparison I laugh

Imperator

Imperator

PostSubject: Re: Ladies: Have you felt love for The Boys?   Ladies: Have you felt love for The Boys? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2019 6:08 pm

Can you see Eric doing the grand finale dance? Lucky
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: Ladies: Have you felt love for The Boys?   Ladies: Have you felt love for The Boys? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2019 6:18 pm

Imperator wrote:
Can you see Eric doing the grand finale dance?  Lucky

Vote for Pedro

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ladies: Have you felt love for The Boys?   Ladies: Have you felt love for The Boys? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ladies: Have you felt love for The Boys?
Page 1 of 1