Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bryer Schmegelsky and Kam McLeod

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ex_nihilo

Contribution Points : 48260
Forum Reputation : 0

Bryer Schmegelsky and Kam McLeod Empty
PostSubject: Bryer Schmegelsky and Kam McLeod   Bryer Schmegelsky and Kam McLeod Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 10:05 pm

Maybe it's just because I live in Canada and this is everywhere right now, but I can't believe no one has posted anything about these two on here yet, especially since two of their victims were American and Australian.

They are 18 and 19, killed three people, and have been on the run for the last 10 days. The killers are using the harsh terrain of Northern Manitoba against the police, and it has been reported that they are fairly well versed in survival techniques, which is why it has been so difficult to catch them. Even the Air Force has gotten involved in the search.

If you just Google the first guy's name, there is a massive quantity of information out there that just keeps growing by the day with no foreseeable end in sight.

Last edited by Ex_nihilo on Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bryer Schmegelsky and Kam McLeod   Bryer Schmegelsky and Kam McLeod Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 10:09 pm

I haven't seen a single thing about this. Off to dive down this rabbit hole.
Back to top Go down
Ex_nihilo

PostSubject: Re: Bryer Schmegelsky and Kam McLeod   Bryer Schmegelsky and Kam McLeod Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 10:12 pm

It's pretty wild, and it will certainly scratch that true crime itch. It being ongoing is an added bonus, I have been Googling this for days at work lol
Back to top Go down
Primate Murder
Top 10 Contributor
Primate Murder

Contribution Points : 64908
Forum Reputation : 446

PostSubject: Re: Bryer Schmegelsky and Kam McLeod   Bryer Schmegelsky and Kam McLeod Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2019 3:48 am

They already beat Chris Dorner's record for hide-and-seek.

NoThanks

Contribution Points : 45090

PostSubject: Re: Bryer Schmegelsky and Kam McLeod   Bryer Schmegelsky and Kam McLeod Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2020 4:47 am

New info has been released:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Ex_nihilo

PostSubject: Re: Bryer Schmegelsky and Kam McLeod   Bryer Schmegelsky and Kam McLeod Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2020 5:23 am

NoThanks wrote:
New info has been released:

Thanks, I pretty much forgot that this even happened or that I posted about it on here until I received the notification for your message.
Back to top Go down
NoThanks

NoThanks

PostSubject: Re: Bryer Schmegelsky and Kam McLeod   Bryer Schmegelsky and Kam McLeod Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2020 2:51 pm

Let's keep this thread alive. The father of one of the boys got in trouble:

Back to top Go down
Ex_nihilo

PostSubject: Re: Bryer Schmegelsky and Kam McLeod   Bryer Schmegelsky and Kam McLeod Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2020 4:03 pm

I kinda feel bad for the father but I can see where the son learned his erratic weirdness
Back to top Go down
NoThanks

NoThanks

PostSubject: Re: Bryer Schmegelsky and Kam McLeod   Bryer Schmegelsky and Kam McLeod Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2020 6:54 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
downwardspiral

downwardspiral

Contribution Points : 41775
Forum Reputation : 306

PostSubject: Re: Bryer Schmegelsky and Kam McLeod   Bryer Schmegelsky and Kam McLeod Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2020 1:13 am

NoThanks wrote:

Finally...I've been not-so-subtly trying to get people on this board interested in this case since I joined. It's by far the case I'm most interested in. I really encourage everyone to read up on this case. The more you know about it, the weirder it gets.

Ex_nihilo wrote:
I kinda feel bad for the father but I can see where the son learned his erratic weirdness

I've heard rumors that Bryer was diagnosed as being on the autism spectrum, but it hasn't been confirmed.

There was also a Facebook discussion group on the case that Bryer's father briefly joined. He said that Bryer, Kam, and a third friend were involved in a serious car accident in April 2018. Bryer only suffered minor cuts and bruises, but Kam sustained serious facial injuries and had to be airlifted to the hospital. Since then, I've been wondering if Kam suffered some sort of TBI that later triggered a psychotic break, and perhaps this was some sort of folie a deux situation. It would explain a lot.

"Psychosis secondary to traumatic brain injury (PSTBI) is reported to occur in anywhere from 4% to 8.9% of individuals who sustain traumatic brain injury (TBI) (Achte et al., 1991; Violon, 1988). Despite its rarity, PSTBI is of interest to clinicians and neuroscientists for three reasons: 1) there is usually a latency between the head injury and presentation of psychotic symptoms, thus the appearance of psychosis is often unexpected and puzzling;"

"Despite the wide range of latencies, studies suggest that about half of patients with PSTBI demonstrate symptoms within the first year, and roughly 72% of patients have symptoms within the first five years"
Back to top Go down
NoThanks

NoThanks

PostSubject: Re: Bryer Schmegelsky and Kam McLeod   Bryer Schmegelsky and Kam McLeod Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2020 5:28 am

downwardspiral wrote:
NoThanks wrote:

Finally...I've been not-so-subtly trying to get people on this board interested in this case since I joined. It's by far the case I'm most interested in. I really encourage everyone to read up on this case. The more you know about it, the weirder it gets.

Ex_nihilo wrote:

I've heard rumors that Bryer was diagnosed as being on the autism spectrum, but it hasn't been confirmed.

There was also a Facebook discussion group on the case that Bryer's father briefly joined. He said that Bryer, Kam, and a third friend were involved in a serious car accident in April 2018. Bryer only suffered minor cuts and bruises, but Kam sustained serious facial injuries and had to be airlifted to the hospital. Since then, I've been wondering if Kam suffered some sort of TBI that later triggered a psychotic break, and perhaps this was some sort of folie a deux situation. It would explain a lot.

"Psychosis secondary to traumatic brain injury (PSTBI) is reported to occur in anywhere from 4% to 8.9% of individuals who sustain traumatic brain injury (TBI) (Achte et al., 1991; Violon, 1988). Despite its rarity, PSTBI is of interest to clinicians and neuroscientists for three reasons: 1) there is usually a latency between the head injury and presentation of psychotic symptoms, thus the appearance of psychosis is often unexpected and puzzling;"

"Despite the wide range of latencies, studies suggest that about half of patients with PSTBI demonstrate symptoms within the first year, and roughly 72% of patients have symptoms within the first five years"
Thank you very much. Very good info. I found Kam's snapchat back when I had my phone.
Back to top Go down
downwardspiral

downwardspiral

PostSubject: Re: Bryer Schmegelsky and Kam McLeod   Bryer Schmegelsky and Kam McLeod Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2020 5:32 pm

NoThanks wrote:
Thank you very much. Very good info. I found Kam's snapchat back when I had my phone.

Was there anything of note on there? For some reason I never thought to look it up.

Here's a few other profiles people found. Not sure if you have seen them before.

Steam profiles (I previously shared some thoughts about Bryer's Steam profile on the thread about the Steam profiles of killers. Kam's was made private, unfortunately.)

League of Legends profiles:

Instagram:

The Instagram has its own attached weirdness, as there are several people (both in the Instagram comments and on discussion groups) who swear that Bryer's profile picture changed on July 22nd from a picture of just him, to the picture of him and Kam. According to the official timeline, they stopped at the McDonalds in Thompson Manitoba on the afternoon of July 22nd, so it's technically possible. Especially as the police claimed they never found their phones, and only found Kam's SIM card.

Kam's Youtube channel. It only has one video which features Kam, Bryer, and others playing PUBG. Unfortunately the video doesn't have any talking or anything, and in general nobody has been able to find any videos which featured them talking yet.

Kam's Spotify profile: [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Another music profile that Kam had: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Kam's Pinterest profile: [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

A very old Twitter that Kam had from 2011 (it appears to have been taken over by a spambot at some point):

Also, do you find it strange that Kam and Bryer's Facebook profiles were deleted around July 28th/29th? Apparently other Canadian killers like Justin Bourque and Alexandre Bissonnette still have their social media profiles up to this day. We still don't know who deleted them, but I've heard that they were deleted within seconds of each other. There are still screenshots of most of the content.

They also apparently had a gaming channel somewhere and a Facebook page for it, that was also deleted. This is the only screenshot of it I've been able to find, which came from a Vice article on the case. None of us know what website this interface is from, so if you know, that information would be much appreciated.

Even weirder than that, the entire section of Google Maps Street View between Dease Lake and Iskut -- where the crime scenes were found relating to Professor Dyck's murder -- was deleted. We know it was deleted and wasn't just missing to begin with, for two reasons:
a) The section north of Dease Lake and the section south of Iskut were both taken in July 2009, so it stands to reason the section between them would have been taken at that time, as well.
b) Someone I know recently emailed Google asking why it was removed. A few weeks later, a small section north of Iskut was put back. However, it was using an older and lower-quality Street View, from 2007, compared to the rest of the footage.

Considering this case wasn't even that well-known as far as cases go, it's very odd that 30 entire miles of highway would be deleted from Street View because of a single murder.

But as I said, the more you look into this case, the stranger it gets....
Back to top Go down
NoThanks

NoThanks

PostSubject: Re: Bryer Schmegelsky and Kam McLeod   Bryer Schmegelsky and Kam McLeod Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2020 11:05 pm

downwardspiral wrote:
NoThanks wrote:

Was there anything of note on there? For some reason I never thought to look it up.

Here's a few other profiles people found. Not sure if you have seen them before.

Steam profiles (I previously shared some thoughts about Bryer's Steam profile on the thread about the Steam profiles of killers. Kam's was made private, unfortunately.)

League of Legends profiles:

Instagram:

The Instagram has its own attached weirdness, as there are several people (both in the Instagram comments and on discussion groups) who swear that Bryer's profile picture changed on July 22nd from a picture of just him, to the picture of him and Kam. According to the official timeline, they stopped at the McDonalds in Thompson Manitoba on the afternoon of July 22nd, so it's technically possible. Especially as the police claimed they never found their phones, and only found Kam's SIM card.

Kam's Youtube channel. It only has one video which features Kam, Bryer, and others playing PUBG. Unfortunately the video doesn't have any talking or anything, and in general nobody has been able to find any videos which featured them talking yet.

Kam's Spotify profile: [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Another music profile that Kam had: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Kam's Pinterest profile: [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

A very old Twitter that Kam had from 2011 (it appears to have been taken over by a spambot at some point):

Also, do you find it strange that Kam and Bryer's Facebook profiles were deleted around July 28th/29th? Apparently other Canadian killers like Justin Bourque and Alexandre Bissonnette still have their social media profiles up to this day. We still don't know who deleted them, but I've heard that they were deleted within seconds of each other. There are still screenshots of most of the content.

They also apparently had a gaming channel somewhere and a Facebook page for it, that was also deleted. This is the only screenshot of it I've been able to find, which came from a Vice article on the case. None of us know what website this interface is from, so if you know, that information would be much appreciated.

Even weirder than that, the entire section of Google Maps Street View between Dease Lake and Iskut -- where the crime scenes were found relating to Professor Dyck's murder -- was deleted. We know it was deleted and wasn't just missing to begin with, for two reasons:
a) The section north of Dease Lake and the section south of Iskut were both taken in July 2009, so it stands to reason the section between them would have been taken at that time, as well.
b) Someone I know recently emailed Google asking why it was removed. A few weeks later, a small section north of Iskut was put back. However, it was using an older and lower-quality Street View, from 2007, compared to the rest of the footage.

Considering this case wasn't even that well-known as far as cases go, it's very odd that 30 entire miles of highway would be deleted from Street View because of a single murder.

Thank you so much! I've have been looking for their accounts. No, nothing of note was on the snapchat account. Let's investigate more... I tried to find Bryer's facebook but it appears to have been deleted.
Back to top Go down
downwardspiral

downwardspiral

PostSubject: Re: Bryer Schmegelsky and Kam McLeod   Bryer Schmegelsky and Kam McLeod Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2020 11:54 pm

NoThanks wrote:
Thank you so much! I've have been looking for their accounts. No, nothing of note was on the snapchat account. Let's investigate more... I tried to find Bryer's facebook but it appears to have been deleted.

Yeah I mentioned that in my last post. Both of their Facebook profiles were deleted by someone -- not sure who, but given the Google Street View deletion thing, I'm guessing it was probably the police -- around July 28th or 29th. People have said they were deleted within seconds of each other. This doesn't seem to be the usual protocol for the police when dealing with social media accounts of suspects or crime scenes though.

Bryer's profile was archived by the Wayback Machine on July 24th and 25th:

There are also some screenshots from it, not visible in the archive. It doesn't seem like there was any publicly viewable content on there after 2016 though. (Sorry I had to combine these into the same image -- it won't let me upload more than three images per post.)

As far as I know, Kam's profile was never archived, and this is the only screenshot of it I've seen:
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 121203
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Bryer Schmegelsky and Kam McLeod   Bryer Schmegelsky and Kam McLeod Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2020 1:18 am

downwardspiral wrote:
Also, do you find it strange that Kam and Bryer's Facebook profiles were deleted around July 28th/29th? Apparently other Canadian killers like Justin Bourque and Alexandre Bissonnette still have their social media profiles up to this day.

I think it really depends. Alek Minissan had his FB deleted within minutes of his attack, it was to the point where people weren't sure if his one and only post declaring the beta uprising was a hoax or not.

downwardspiral wrote:

That is very odd. I'm at a bit of a loss to understand why the cops would want that section removed; it's not like you can actually see anything important from Google Maps. If I was being generous I'd chalk it up to a generic error and a subsequent coincidence, but I'm not sure if I should be giving the benefit of the doubt here.

downwardspiral

downwardspiral

PostSubject: Re: Bryer Schmegelsky and Kam McLeod   Bryer Schmegelsky and Kam McLeod Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2020 3:50 am

QuestionMark wrote:
I think it really depends. Alek Minissan had his FB deleted within minutes of his attack, it was to the point where people weren't sure if his one and only post declaring the beta uprising was a hoax or not.

Oh really...I didn't know that. I wonder why they decide to remove it in some cases but not others. In Alek Minassian's case it made more sense because he actually made a reference to the attack on his Facebook page before doing it. In Kam and Bryer's case, nobody reported that there was anything related to the crimes on their Facebook profiles, and the police even said they didn't find any evidence of planning or anything based on their online activity. Plus, their other profiles (Instagram, etc.) remained up.

QuestionMark wrote:
That is very odd. I'm at a bit of a loss to understand why the cops would want that section removed; it's not like you can actually see anything important from Google Maps. If I was being generous I'd chalk it up to a generic error and a subsequent coincidence, but I'm not sure if I should be giving the benefit of the doubt here.

That'd be a hell of a coincidence, especially as Google ended up putting one section back as I mentioned, but the section they put back just so happened to not include any of the crime scenes. And especially considering that pretty much every other highway in BC is on Street View, and the rest of that highway was mapped out in both 2007 and 2009.

Plus, that's not the only weird thing related to the investigation. There was a three-day delay in the police telling the public that the first two victims (Lucas and Chynna) were murdered, which allowed Kam and Bryer to evade detection, kill Professor Dyck, and allegedly attempt an ambush on another person. Then there was another delay in telling the public they were missing, and in naming them suspects, which allowed them to get a 4 1/2-day head start on their escape. The police wouldn't tell the public how any of the victims died for months -- Lucas and Chynna's cause of death was leaked by the Australian media and confirmed by their families, and full details of Professor Dyck's death never came out (and the more that did come out, the weirder it got). Kam and Bryer's families didn't know for months what evidence even linked them to the murders. Even now it seems that they don't know much more than anyone else.

Then there were a lot of weird things related to the investigation. For example, the police claimed in a press conference on July 24th that they didn't know what Kam and Bryer were armed with, even though they knew what type of ammunition was used in the murders by then. It took the police a week to find items they dropped that were alongside a path, within 1000 feet of their car.

And it took the police two weeks to find their bodies, despite the fact that they were in a place that should have been very obvious. Not only was it one of the only ways to reach the river from the riverbank since most of the area is high cliffs, but it was also only 0.3 miles from a highway, and had a path leading from the highway very close to it (you can see this aerially on Google Maps). Oh yeah, and the police didn't even find them -- a local resident found them right as the police were about to give up on the search for good, after being volun-told to help them. They didn't even give him a bulletproof vest in a search for armed and dangerous suspects. Based on his description -- he initially thought Kam was alive when he reached them -- they weren't decomposed at all, which is very odd considering that area has tons of insects in the summer, and animals such as polar bears. Also, the military was searching for them aerially from July 27th to July 31st, and the RCMP actually asked the military to leave, saying they "no longer required their assistance," even though they weren't found for over a week after that.

Then there's the fact that they were sighted by multiple independent witnesses in York Landing, 80 miles away from where their bodies were found, on July 28th. Multiple witnesses also reported them attempting to hitch rides from the Gillam area on July 22nd/23rd. And multiple witnesses reported hearing gunshots in the woods near where they were sighted in York Landing. The police initially denied there were any gunshots. Then the next day, they admitted there were gunshots, but said that it was "an officer who had gotten lost and shot in the air to signal his position." During a manhunt. For armed suspects. People from York Landing have claimed that they saw body bags being loaded onto a helicopter as well.

Then the police claimed that they never even attempted to find a motive because "it wasn't their job to speculate." Despite the fact that speculating on motives is the entire reason why Behavioral Analysis Units were created in the first place, and they had previously said that they would use the Behavioral Analysis Unit to figure out the motive in this case. Meanwhile, in the Nova Scotia case for example, the Behavioral Analysis Unit already released a "psychological autopsy" of the killer, and it's only been a few weeks.

The police also took five months to trace one of their guns, even though it was sold at the only gun shop in Port Alberni on the day they left town. Meanwhile, in the Nova Scotia case again, the police already traced all five of that guy's guns, despite the fact that they were illegally purchased!

I don't know what to make of any of this, but, there's definitely a lot of questions about what happened, and a lot of missing information. Half the information we have only came out because the media went to court and got it unsealed.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: Bryer Schmegelsky and Kam McLeod   Bryer Schmegelsky and Kam McLeod Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2020 1:46 pm

downwardspiral wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:

Oh really...I didn't know that. I wonder why they decide to remove it in some cases but not others. In Alek Minassian's case it made more sense because he actually made a reference to the attack on his Facebook page before doing it. In Kam and Bryer's case, nobody reported that there was anything related to the crimes on their Facebook profiles, and the police even said they didn't find any evidence of planning or anything based on their online activity. Plus, their other profiles (Instagram, etc.) remained up.

I think it might be a decision by Facebook itself rather than the police. Maybe an admin over there panicked and was afraid the killers could use FB to co-ordinate an escape or otherwise communicate with others. IDK when they were ID'd as suspects though, so depending on how long it took between then and the first murder the police could've conceivably ordered it.

downwardspiral wrote:
Plus, that's not the only weird thing related to the investigation.
[snip]

You're right about this being all-around bizarre. I had to sit down and think for a solid five minutes or so to figure out why the police would be both so clingy with information and so incompetent in apprehending the duo, but I think I figured it out. I think during the course of the manhunt, the police were actually not bothering to search at all for Kam and Breyer. I can only speculate as to why that is, but my best guess is that they were afraid of losing men searching for and possibly engaging with the pair. I think it follows, then, that they withholding of information is all related to the police wanting very much to bury their own cowardice by not drawing any attention to the case, and to spite Kam and Breyer post-mortem.

Two things did stand out to me though.

downwardspiral wrote:
Oh yeah, and the police didn't even find them -- a local resident found them right as the police were about to give up on the search for good, after being volun-told to help them. They didn't even give him a bulletproof vest in a search for armed and dangerous suspects. Based on his description -- he initially thought Kam was alive when he reached them -- they weren't decomposed at all, which is very odd considering that area has tons of insects in the summer, and animals such as polar bears

It sounds to me like maybe the police knew where they were and had some way of suspecting that they had committed suicide, but didn't want to risk their asses and sent the guy out there to take a bullet if they were wrong. I say this because it sounds like they died the same day the bodies were discovered. How they suspected this though, is beyond me.

downwardspiral wrote:
And multiple witnesses reported hearing gunshots in the woods near where they were sighted in York Landing. The police initially denied there were any gunshots. Then the next day, they admitted there were gunshots, but said that it was "an officer who had gotten lost and shot in the air to signal his position." During a manhunt. For armed suspects. People from York Landing have claimed that they saw body bags being loaded onto a helicopter as well.

Very strange. Do you think, based on this testimony, there were other victims and the police covered it up? Are there any reports of homicides or missing persons that would line up for the date the alleged body bags were handled?

downwardspiral

downwardspiral

PostSubject: Re: Bryer Schmegelsky and Kam McLeod   Bryer Schmegelsky and Kam McLeod Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2020 5:43 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
I think it might be a decision by Facebook itself rather than the police. Maybe an admin over there panicked and was afraid the killers could use FB to co-ordinate an escape or otherwise communicate with others. IDK when they were ID'd as suspects though, so depending on how long it took between then and the first murder the police could've conceivably ordered it.

They were named suspects on July 23rd. The profiles were taken down around July 28th or 29th, or so I've heard. It'd be a weird reason to take it down considering they were literally in the middle of nowhere, where there isn't any phone service. Either way I just want to know who took it down and why.

QuestionMark wrote:
You're right about this being all-around bizarre. I had to sit down and think for a solid five minutes or so to figure out why the police would be both so clingy with information and so incompetent in apprehending the duo, but I think I figured it out. I think during the course of the manhunt, the police were actually not bothering to search at all for Kam and Breyer. I can only speculate as to why that is, but my best guess is that they were afraid of losing men searching for and possibly engaging with the pair. I think it follows, then, that they withholding of information is all related to the police wanting very much to bury their own cowardice by not drawing any attention to the case, and to spite Kam and Breyer post-mortem.

It's possible, but, according to the official story, they had no idea if Kam and Bryer were even still in the local area, or how far they had gotten, until they happened to find them. Kam and Bryer had almost a 24-hour head start between when they burned the RAV4 and when the police started searching for them, so they really could have been anywhere by that point.

Also, you'd think the police are trained in resolving manhunts without losing people. If they can't catch two dumb, possibly psychotic teenagers in the woods without losing people, then who can they catch? Plus they had the military equipment to at least locate them so they knew where they were, and sent it away prematurely.

Also clearly they've never heard of the Streisand Effect. I think most of the interest and publicity about this case came from the police not releasing information.

Oh and there was another thing I forgot to mention. So I mentioned how the spot where they were found really wasn't as remote as the police made it out to be, if you look at it on Google Maps. Anyway, the police wouldn't allow journalists to go to the spot where their bodies were found, claiming it was too remote and dangerous. However, a few days later, a bunch of locals went to the spot to do a First Nations ceremonial cleansing ritual there. And another local was quoted in an article as saying the place where they were found was one of his favorite hunting spots.

QuestionMark wrote:
It sounds to me like maybe the police knew where they were and had some way of suspecting that they had committed suicide, but didn't want to risk their asses and sent the guy out there to take a bullet if they were wrong. I say this because it sounds like they died the same day the bodies were discovered.  How they suspected this though, is beyond me.

If that's what happened, that's really fucked up. However, it's very unlikely that they killed themselves the same day their bodies were discovered or even within a few days. The local guy was searching with them every day since August 2nd, and never reported hearing any gunshots in the long interview he did about the search. SKS rifles are very loud and from what I've researched, gunshots from them would be heard at least a couple of miles away.

QuestionMark wrote:
Very strange. Do you think, based on this testimony, there were other victims and the police covered it up? Are there any reports of homicides or missing persons that would line up for the date the alleged body bags were handled?

No, some people believe the police killed Kam and Bryer in York Landing and that's what the gunshots were (three gunshots were heard) and then covered it up by transporting their bodies to the location where they were found. The chief of York Landing even made a Facebook post about this back in October.

I don't think there's any chance there were additional victims in the area, considering how small these communities are. Everyone knows everyone. York Landing only has about 450 people and Gillam only has about 1200 people.

I'm not saying this happened. I'm just saying there are a lot of unanswered questions and things that don't make any sense. And this type of speculation is what happens when authorities aren't transparent and contradict themselves.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: Bryer Schmegelsky and Kam McLeod   Bryer Schmegelsky and Kam McLeod Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2020 2:35 am

downwardspiral wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:

They were named suspects on July 23rd. The profiles were taken down around July 28th or 29th, or so I've heard. It'd be a weird reason to take it down considering they were literally in the middle of nowhere, where there isn't any phone service. Either way I just want to know who took it down and why.

I still lean on it being FB's decision rather than the cops. It occurred to me that part of the motivation might have been to root out the trolls and edgelords encouraging the pair. Considering the duo's other social media is still up then it would make sense if it was an internal decision by the company.

downwardspiral wrote:
No, some people believe the police killed Kam and Bryer in York Landing and that's what the gunshots were (three gunshots were heard) and then covered it up by transporting their bodies to the location where they were found. The chief of York Landing even made a Facebook post about this back in October.

I don't think there's any chance there were additional victims in the area, considering how small these communities are. Everyone knows everyone. York Landing only has about 450 people and Gillam only has about 1200 people.

I'm not saying this happened. I'm just saying there are a lot of unanswered questions and things that don't make any sense. And this type of speculation is what happens when authorities aren't transparent and contradict themselves.

Ah! That explanation would actually make sense; not sure why I leaped to the idea of additional victims since I usually don't entertain conspiracy stuff. Chalk it up to an off day for me, I guess. Smile

Honestly it wouldn't even be that outlandish to believe the cops killed them then dumped the bodies. If that is the case I imagine they thought of it as some vigilante justice type shit. Making sure they never get released from prison or whatever. The time gap could conceivably leave them enough of a window to set up a fake camp-site. Course the theory isn't exactly perfect

I dunno, like you said there's a lot of fishy stuff going on here so I don't know what to really make of it. Cheers.

downwardspiral

downwardspiral

PostSubject: Re: Bryer Schmegelsky and Kam McLeod   Bryer Schmegelsky and Kam McLeod Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2020 7:58 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
I still lean on it being FB's decision rather than the cops. It occurred to me that part of the motivation might have been to root out the trolls and edgelords encouraging the pair. Considering the duo's other social media is still up then it would make sense if it was an internal decision by the company.

It's entirely possible. The reason why I thought it was less likely is because Instagram is also owned by Facebook and their Instagrams are still up, but, I guess they are different divisions. I didn't see their Facebooks when they were still up, so I don't know if anyone was posting troll/edgelord comments, but a few people did see their Facebooks and nobody has reported that there were any.

QuestionMark wrote:
Ah! That explanation would actually make sense; not sure why I leaped to the idea of additional victims since I usually don't entertain conspiracy stuff. Chalk it up to an off day for me, I guess. Smile

Honestly it wouldn't even be that outlandish to believe the cops killed them then dumped the bodies. If that is the case I imagine they thought of it as some vigilante justice type shit. Making sure they never get released from prison or whatever. The time gap could conceivably leave them enough of a window to set up a fake camp-site. Course the theory isn't exactly perfect

Well, York Landing would also qualify as a conspiracy theory, so I find it interesting that you don't think it'd be outlandish. I don't entertain conspiracy stuff in general either, but honestly, considering what some cops have been doing lately in front of witnesses and while being filmed....

There are many controversial high profile cases in Canada where killers were found not guilty by reason of insanity and released into the community after a few years. Like that guy who cut the other guy's head off on the Greyhound bus. One of their victims (Lucas) was the son of a high-ranking police officer in Sydney, and some police officers from Sydney actually traveled to Canada to meet with the RCMP during the manhunt, which we've always found to be strange in terms of sovereignty and preferential treatment.

If there was evidence that this was some kind of psychotic folie a deux situation (which, of the evidence that's been released, there are a few signs pointing to it) then that would explain why the police were so adamant that they weren't able to determine a motive, and didn't want any information to be released. And it could explain other things as well.

QuestionMark wrote:
I dunno, like you said there's a lot of fishy stuff going on here so I don't know what to really make of it. Cheers.

Same. We're basically in a holding pattern waiting for more information to come to light.
Back to top Go down
NoThanks

NoThanks

PostSubject: Re: Bryer Schmegelsky and Kam McLeod   Bryer Schmegelsky and Kam McLeod Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2020 12:36 am

Back to top Go down
downwardspiral

downwardspiral

PostSubject: Re: Bryer Schmegelsky and Kam McLeod   Bryer Schmegelsky and Kam McLeod Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2020 2:58 pm

Someone actually found a video of Bryer talking last week and his dad confirmed it was him. Apparently he had a speech impediment due to his disabilities. You can hear him talking around 5:15 and also around 8:30-9:00.

Speaking of disabilities, I'm totally convinced that Bryer had XYY syndrome (a chromosomal disorder where the person has an extra Y chromosome). I already suspected it for a while but when I came across this research report on it, it removed all doubt. Everything matches up -- his height and physical appearance, having symptoms of autism and ADHD, having a speech impediment and learning disabilities involving writing, being very quiet unless spoken to. His dad even said a while ago that Bryer had trouble holding a pen because of his disabilities as well as other symptoms of dyspraxia. I think most people didn't believe him, but that's a very common symptom of XYY syndrome. Interestingly, this document says that people with XYY syndrome are "gullible and easily led," and can become aggressive when they get overwhelmed.

Also just some random updates, these articles have some new info on the case/background. It took them an entire year but at least the media has finally solved the mystery of why Bryer was wearing a suit on June 29th if he didn't actually graduate...there was so much discussion about that on discussion groups back in the day.

And this one is interesting because it implies that the media got more documents unsealed in the case. And it has, I think, the first (what sounds like a) verbatim quote the media has reported on from one of the videos..."The documents, obtained through an access to information request, reveal that in one video, Schmegelsky — who would have turned 19 on Aug. 4 — "advises they have found a nice little spot by the river where they are going to shoot themselves.""

Bryer's dad also said that in the final video (the only one he was allowed to watch), Bryer's final wishes was "to be cremated and have his ashes thrown in the garbage." So overall some pretty sarcastic statements on these videos, if that was accurate.

Back to top Go down
NoThanks

NoThanks

PostSubject: Re: Bryer Schmegelsky and Kam McLeod   Bryer Schmegelsky and Kam McLeod Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2020 11:20 pm

downwardspiral wrote:

Someone actually found a video of Bryer talking last week and his dad confirmed it was him. Apparently he had a speech impediment due to his disabilities. You can hear him talking around 5:15 and also around 8:30-9:00.

Speaking of disabilities, I'm totally convinced that Bryer had XYY syndrome (a chromosomal disorder where the person has an extra Y chromosome). I already suspected it for a while but when I came across this research report on it, it removed all doubt. Everything matches up -- his height and physical appearance, having symptoms of autism and ADHD, having a speech impediment and learning disabilities involving writing, being very quiet unless spoken to. His dad even said a while ago that Bryer had trouble holding a pen because of his disabilities as well as other symptoms of dyspraxia. I think most people didn't believe him, but that's a very common symptom of XYY syndrome. Interestingly, this document says that people with XYY syndrome are "gullible and easily led," and can become aggressive when they get overwhelmed.

Also just some random updates, these articles have some new info on the case/background. It took them an entire year but at least the media has finally solved the mystery of why Bryer was wearing a suit on June 29th if he didn't actually graduate...there was so much discussion about that on discussion groups back in the day.

And this one is interesting because it implies that the media got more documents unsealed in the case. And it has, I think, the first (what sounds like a) verbatim quote the media has reported on from one of the videos..."The documents, obtained through an access to information request, reveal that in one video, Schmegelsky — who would have turned 19 on Aug. 4 — "advises they have found a nice little spot by the river where they are going to shoot themselves.""

Bryer's dad also said that in the final video (the only one he was allowed to watch), Bryer's final wishes was "to be cremated and have his ashes thrown in the garbage." So overall some pretty sarcastic statements on these videos, if that was accurate.

Thank you so much! Very interesting. Let's keep this thread alive.

downwardspiral likes this post

Back to top Go down
Primate Murder
Top 10 Contributor
Primate Murder

Contribution Points : 64908
Forum Reputation : 446

PostSubject: Re: Bryer Schmegelsky and Kam McLeod   Bryer Schmegelsky and Kam McLeod Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2020 2:54 pm

The link to the official RCMP investigative report on the 2019 Northern British Columbia murders: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

QuestionMark likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bryer Schmegelsky and Kam McLeod   Bryer Schmegelsky and Kam McLeod Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bryer Schmegelsky and Kam McLeod
Page 1 of 1