Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Origins

Go down 
+11
ValiantSoldier
Supacocky
Butterbean
Imperator
mrbaby56
Lizpuff
HanShotFirst
beautifullyunconventional
Onyx
REBELVODKA
andthentherewas1
15 posters
AuthorMessage
andthentherewas1

andthentherewas1

Contribution Points : 54786
Forum Reputation : 25

Origins Empty
PostSubject: Origins   Origins Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2019 6:16 pm

How did you guys first discover Columbine? My story is kinda weird.
Back to top Go down

Origins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Origins   Origins Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2019 6:58 pm

I discovered it through this video back when I was 11
Back to top Go down

Origins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Origins   Origins Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2019 7:02 pm

N/A

Last edited by Burn on Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:01 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
REBELVODKA

REBELVODKA

Contribution Points : 47564
Forum Reputation : 125

Origins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Origins   Origins Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2019 7:50 pm

I remember it, was in october of 2012, I found Columbine theme by being bored in internet

Top Contributor
Onyx

Contribution Points : 49277
Forum Reputation : 378

Origins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Origins   Origins Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2019 8:47 pm

I remember in 2008, when my band mate was listening to the Flyleaf's song Cassie on YT, that infamous cafeteria picture was always popping up as a recommended video. But I actually clicked on it 2 years later, in May of 2010, and then I started researching it. At that time, I was still in a high school so it was pretty intense for me. Can't believe 9 years has passed, seems like yesterday! Shocked
Back to top Go down

Origins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Origins   Origins Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2019 9:41 pm

I actually started researching this year. Last school year, I did a report on Sol Pais since I live in Colorado. Since I didn't really understand her Columbine references, I started digging deeper into Columbine and I kinda got hooked (weird, I know).
Back to top Go down
beautifullyunconventional

Contribution Points : 47450

Origins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Origins   Origins Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2019 4:47 am

Through a video on youtube - something like photos before death. There was the cafeteria photo of Dave Sanders running to the stairs
Back to top Go down

Origins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Origins   Origins Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2019 5:18 am

N/A

Last edited by Duluth on Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
HanShotFirst
Top Contributor
HanShotFirst

Contribution Points : 64612
Forum Reputation : 1210

Origins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Origins   Origins Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2019 6:50 am

My interest started with my love of south park. I was doing research on the creators Matt Stone and Trey Parker, and learned that Trey attended a neighboring school of Columbine in Jefferson county in the Evergreen area and that a lot of the setting & bizarre shit in the show was inspired by where he grew up. So then I started researching that area of Colorado. I stumbled across their bit in "Bowling for Columbine" while I was digging around about them. I knew of Columbine before then but i started looking into it with a fresh interest. Now whenever I watch South Park I think of Littleton/Columbine.

Origins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Origins   Origins Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2019 8:14 am

I watched it live on TV and followed the 1999 media circus for a while but I did not start researching the case until AMR came out in 2016.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 96449
Forum Reputation : 1190

Origins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Origins   Origins Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2019 8:40 am

Saw it back in 1999. Looked at it a bit with my general interest in crime in high school. Didn't think much of it until I saw Sue on 2020 in 2016

mrbaby56

mrbaby56

Contribution Points : 62345
Forum Reputation : 0

Origins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Origins   Origins Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2019 9:59 am

There was a Swedish TV-show where Americans can rekindle their Swedish past and current relatives. There was a girl in that show that had gone to Columbine and apparently been friends with Cassie Bernall. I had been interested in Crime for a while but that is when I first started reading about Columbine. After a while I found CVA and then this place... bounce
Back to top Go down
Imperator

Imperator

Contribution Points : 73520
Forum Reputation : 175

Origins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Origins   Origins Icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2019 6:38 pm

I discovered it by watching it unfold on TV...partially.  It was lunch time when I got back to my barracks and threw on the TV and saw it on the news.  Kinda shocking, I still remember seeing the live footage.  

Although I didn't fixate on it then.  A decade went by until roughly 2010/2011 when an episode of Cold Case was on TV titled rampage which mirrored similarities of Columbine (even took place in the 90's as they played songs from Bush et al), I started researching it.  

I came across the SuperColumbineMassacre page which was the foundation of this one I believe.  When that one went away I lurked here off and on for years.  

My fascination really is because these two would be my age, they lived in my era, I can relate to H.S. life of the mid/late 90's.  I graduated in 97 from a different CHS in a different state as did my brother, class of 99.  I remember calling on the evening of 4/20 to make sure he was ok.  I guess they sent everyone home from school that day.  

And here I am..off and on still
Back to top Go down
Butterbean

Contribution Points : 44185

Origins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Origins   Origins Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2019 9:59 am

I paid little attention when it happened as I was dealing with personal stuff. One day around 2007 I wondered about some mundane detail, looked it up, and I fell down the rabbit hole.
Back to top Go down
Supacocky

Supacocky

Contribution Points : 50415
Forum Reputation : 75

Origins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Origins   Origins Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2019 12:46 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] What is your weird story i am curious ?

When i was in middle school, a kid from my city went on a rampage in his middle school and stab fews students asking them "Do you believe in god ?". As an Europeen that's kind of events are very rare so at that time that's shocked me and stay in my mind.... That's only fews years later that i heard of columbine via Bowling for columbine in class and realise this sentence came from that.
Back to top Go down
ValiantSoldier

ValiantSoldier

Contribution Points : 58421

Origins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Origins   Origins Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2019 9:03 am

A meme on Youtube, which led me to Zero Hour, then extensive research. Although I haven't got through all of the 11K, and I can't be bothered to go through tons of pages. Only bits and pieces from what people shared when discussing a certain topic to do with the columbine case.

<<If all shall turn against me, I'll fight like I always have.>>

<<There are three kinds of people: those who seek strength, those who live for pride, and those who can read the tide of battle.>>

<<Belka did absolutely nothing wrong.>>
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193507
Forum Reputation : 1317

Origins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Origins   Origins Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2019 11:20 am

It was an unusually warm Tuesday in upstate New York. I walked back home from the bus stop late in my senior year. My parents had the news on and I watched in horror as I saw a young man fall from a window. And then I thought to myself who earth is doing such a thing that they announced who the people were and the rest is history.

Contribution Points : 67657

Origins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Origins   Origins Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2019 3:48 am

I watched the news coverage in school. It was kind of a joke of a class in one of the art rooms. One guy usually flipped around on TV and he told a few of us to check it out.
Back to top Go down
FejNiko

FejNiko

Contribution Points : 42106

Origins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Origins   Origins Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2019 7:47 pm

Came home from school and flipped on the tv and saw the coverage on it. Was pretty young and didn’t quite understand the gravity of it then. Then the next day at school started hearing more and more about it from friends and teachers. Have been intrigued by it ever since
Back to top Go down
andthentherewas1

andthentherewas1

Contribution Points : 54786

Origins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Origins   Origins Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2019 4:03 pm

1 year ago on this day, I discovered Columbine on total accident.
Back to top Go down
Greendreamer

Contribution Points : 41830

Origins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Origins   Origins Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2019 7:20 pm

I first discovered it on April 20, 1999. I had gotten home from school at about 2:20 CST and turned on the TV and watched the event unfold. I watched the news for several days. I have recently gotten back into learning more since it took place.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Origins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Origins   Origins Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Origins
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: