Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Violent movies of 99

Go down 
+3
spishakwax
alexnade
Imperator
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Imperator

Imperator

Contribution Points : 73545
Forum Reputation : 175

Violent movies of 99 Empty
PostSubject: Violent movies of 99   Violent movies of 99 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2019 11:41 pm

Without cheating.. What can you think of?  Movies that would possibly have fit into E & D's NBK twisted fantasy.  
I'll start from memory...Boondock Saints and The Matrix

and begin

Edit:
Boondock saints because they were two Irish twin brothers with Divine help triumphing over 'evil'
The Matrix because E & D thought they'd already swallowed the Red Pill and were self aware.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Violent movies of 99   Violent movies of 99 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2019 2:03 am

How about Fight Club?

From that year, I can recall BlairWitch Project (although it's not violent).

Back to top Go down
Imperator

Imperator

PostSubject: Re: Violent movies of 99   Violent movies of 99 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2019 12:07 pm

Forgot about fight club
Back to top Go down
alexnade

alexnade

Contribution Points : 42993
Forum Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: Violent movies of 99   Violent movies of 99 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2019 1:40 pm

I think Audition came out in '99. Definitely violent.

PostSubject: Re: Violent movies of 99   Violent movies of 99 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2019 1:49 pm

Three Kings came out that year as well.
Back to top Go down
Imperator

Imperator

PostSubject: Re: Violent movies of 99   Violent movies of 99 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2019 2:13 pm

Quote :
Such an awful movie too LOL
Back to top Go down
spishakwax

Contribution Points : 45780
Forum Reputation : 315

PostSubject: Re: Violent movies of 99   Violent movies of 99 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2019 10:49 pm

These aren't violent but I think Dylan might have liked the movie Go if he had been given the chance to see it. It's a little bit similar to Nowhere but is kind of told like Pulp Fiction where everyone's stories meet. Office Space also comes to mind but I'm fairly sure that came out after Columbine.

Contribution Points : 70623
Forum Reputation : 345

PostSubject: Re: Violent movies of 99   Violent movies of 99 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2019 11:13 pm

She's All That.
Back to top Go down
spishakwax

Contribution Points : 45780
Forum Reputation : 315

PostSubject: Re: Violent movies of 99   Violent movies of 99 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2019 12:02 am

I think they would have loathed She's All That. I tried watching it just for Matthew Lillard but I couldn't do it, I had to turn it off.

true_crime

Contribution Points : 58849
Forum Reputation : 296

PostSubject: Re: Violent movies of 99   Violent movies of 99 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2019 1:18 am

Definitely The Matrix. Not just for the self-awareness (as you mentioned) but for the violent fantasies and it was simply just cool looking.

Imperator

PostSubject: Re: Violent movies of 99   Violent movies of 99 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2019 9:49 am

Quote :
She's All That.
^^^This definitely. If only they had seen message in a bottle, total redemption for them
Back to top Go down
Szabo

Contribution Points : 68003
Forum Reputation : 35

PostSubject: Re: Violent movies of 99   Violent movies of 99 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2019 11:23 am

The Faculty was also released in 1999.
Back to top Go down
W.A.R.

Contribution Points : 70623
Forum Reputation : 345

PostSubject: Re: Violent movies of 99   Violent movies of 99 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2019 6:25 pm

Szabo wrote:
The Faculty was also released in 1999.

Not quite but close enough. It was released on Christmas of 98.
Back to top Go down
Lunkhead McGrath

Contribution Points : 76686
Forum Reputation : 225

PostSubject: viol   Violent movies of 99 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2019 5:30 pm

Imperator wrote:
Without cheating.. What can you think of?  Movies that would possibly have fit into E & D's NBK twisted fantasy.  
I'll start from memory...Boondock Saints and The Matrix

and begin

Edit:
Boondock saints because they were two Irish twin brothers with Divine help triumphing over 'evil'
The Matrix because E & D thought they'd already swallowed the Red Pill and were self aware.  

You'd think Boondock Saints would be an obvious choice but if I'm not mistaken it wasn't really a success until it was on home video or DVD...it was released in theaters January 1999 but God knows who all was seeing in theaters then.

The 1999 film that most makes me think of Columbine is, perversely, "American Pie." So much of the Columbine mythos was about them gunning down "the beautiful people" who had scorned them, which is what I think of every time I see Allyson Hannigan get turned away from that party at the beginning. Of course, AP was filmed before the massacre.

The Buffy The Vampire Slayer episode about the graduation ceremony attacked by a monster, and the school being blown up, is a piece of crap and I think it's actually hilarious that such a pile of junk was taken off the air at the time because of Columbine.
Back to top Go down
Imperator

Imperator

PostSubject: Re: Violent movies of 99   Violent movies of 99 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2019 5:34 pm

Quote :
You'd think Boondock Saints would be an obvious choice but if I'm not mistaken it wasn't really a success until it was on home video
That's probably true but I do remember it being around at some point in 1999. I always thought it was released post Columbine but after a quick look, appears not. Those two seem to be the type to pick up on movies like that but nevertheless it appears they may not have. Who knows.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Violent movies of 99   Violent movies of 99 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2019 8:27 am

Imperator wrote:
Quote :
Such an awful movie too LOL

Was it? I can't really remember much of it. Other than driving through the desert listening to Beachers and some evil Iraqi having one of them drink a glass of oil. I think the Iraqi opened the victim's mouth with a Michael Jackson CD.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Violent movies of 99   Violent movies of 99 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Violent movies of 99
Page 1 of 1