Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Is your obsession with Columbine a phase?

Go down 
+5
Jenn
LPorter101
jobbesat
Mr_Chagrin
tfsa47090
9 posters
AuthorMessage

Is your obsession with Columbine a phase? Empty
PostSubject: Is your obsession with Columbine a phase?   Is your obsession with Columbine a phase? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 11:40 pm

Have you lost interest over time? Is your interest just a phase or do you think you will always be interested?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is your obsession with Columbine a phase?   Is your obsession with Columbine a phase? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 1:33 am

I'm the type that gets really obsessed with things such as shows, movies, songs, stores, etc. I thought my interest in Columbine was just a phase. But it's been almost 2 years and still going strong. Since it hasn't ended by now then it might never end. Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is your obsession with Columbine a phase?   Is your obsession with Columbine a phase? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 2:01 am

It might be a phase, but I carry that fascination with me since 2008, so it doesn't seem like a short one. I'm not sure, if, how and in what way this interest changed me or impacted my development, and its hard to compare it to other phases. Its not really similar to belonging to a subculture or listening to a certain form of music.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is your obsession with Columbine a phase?   Is your obsession with Columbine a phase? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 3:26 am

Some months I don't care and some I'm really into it again, who knows, eventually i wont care, maybe until basement tapes are released? (hopefully?)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is your obsession with Columbine a phase?   Is your obsession with Columbine a phase? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 7:58 am

Eh, I think even when I lose interest it'll still be in my head sometimes, especially if I'm reading a book, watching TV or listening to music and it reminds me of Columbine.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is your obsession with Columbine a phase?   Is your obsession with Columbine a phase? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 11:49 am

My outward interest in Columbine was a phase but my fascination with it will go on probably for the rest of my life. However after years of combing through material and facts I have come to a point where I feel i've consumed everything there is to sift through. I can only beat a dead horse so many times. Still interesting no less.
Back to top Go down
tfsa47090
Global Moderator & Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 101313
Forum Reputation : 91

PostSubject: Re: Is your obsession with Columbine a phase?   Is your obsession with Columbine a phase? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 11:58 am

I was intensely involved in researching, reading, and watching whatever I could find off and on during the mid 00s. It almost seemed as though it was vaguely starting to wane for me in 2006, and then boom, they released the 900 documents with their journals and other writings.

In mid 2008 it had become a bit much for me, and I left it be for a while.

I barely paid any mind to it even in 2009 (the 10th anniversary), although I made a post memorializing all of them on a friend's forum. In 2009 I also quickly skimmed through reviews of Cullen's book, because the same previously mentioned friend was infuriated about the book and discussed it. I looked into a few other things after that and left it be again.

In the spring of 2012, I saw some conspiracy related video that included snippets about columbine, and I got back into it quite intensely again.
Back to top Go down
Mr_Chagrin

Contribution Points : 100831
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Is your obsession with Columbine a phase?   Is your obsession with Columbine a phase? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 1:24 pm

I've been researching since about 2004, I go in and out of it. If a new piece of evidence surfaces, or someone writes a new book I usually regain some interest. I've left it sometimes for more than a year, but I always end up coming back.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is your obsession with Columbine a phase?   Is your obsession with Columbine a phase? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 2:44 pm

Yeah, erm, not a phase. I'm not always heavily into it and there are days/weeks I spend without thinking much about it at all, though. I always come back to it in the end. There's a lot of info and a lot of random philosophical stuff going 'round in my head about the case and I don't think that I'd ever forget all of this again. There's just something about Columbine.. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is your obsession with Columbine a phase?   Is your obsession with Columbine a phase? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 6:55 pm

Every time I think I'm over it something happens to pull me back in.
Back to top Go down
jobbesat

Contribution Points : 101556

PostSubject: Re: Is your obsession with Columbine a phase?   Is your obsession with Columbine a phase? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 2:52 am

All depends on your age. There will come a time when you simply couldn't have time to be obsessed with anything.

Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

Contribution Points : 151470
Forum Reputation : 2754

PostSubject: Re: Is your obsession with Columbine a phase?   Is your obsession with Columbine a phase? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 1:45 pm

Honestly, my interest in the massacre peaked a long time ago. It hasn't gone away completely, but it's not nearly as intense as it was back in 2009 and 2010.

PostSubject: Re: Is your obsession with Columbine a phase?   Is your obsession with Columbine a phase? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 6:46 pm

Lananas wrote:
Eh, I think even when I lose interest it'll still be in my head sometimes, especially if I'm reading a book, watching TV or listening to music and it reminds me of Columbine.
Welp, the title of a home improvement/furniture magazine article I read was "natural selection". I don't even know why I'm laughing at this.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 119033
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: Is your obsession with Columbine a phase?   Is your obsession with Columbine a phase? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 3:19 am

I guess my obsession lasted from December, 2011 - June, 2012. There are still certain things that interest me, like the bombs and the suicides. But, for the most part, I don't really research as much. And I usually only participate in threads that are topics I still have a high interest in.

Back to top Go down
maninthebox

Contribution Points : 99752
Forum Reputation : 8

PostSubject: Re: Is your obsession with Columbine a phase?   Is your obsession with Columbine a phase? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 4:40 am

I think my phase is coming to an end. There are too many questions with no answers, it's just frustrating. If only the tapes were released..
Back to top Go down
TheFragile

Contribution Points : 97309

PostSubject: Re: Is your obsession with Columbine a phase?   Is your obsession with Columbine a phase? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 9:44 am

I've been interested since my psychology teacher made us watch "Bowling For Columbine" in 2006. Since then, I've been researching on and off.

Wideawake

Contribution Points : 102051

PostSubject: Re: Is your obsession with Columbine a phase?   Is your obsession with Columbine a phase? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 4:59 pm

I don't think it's a phase. I am always interested. But there are times when I am more interested than others. And frankly, at times I get too deep in it and have to back off. But I have been researching off and on for about 3 years, so I imagine I will continue to do so.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is your obsession with Columbine a phase?   Is your obsession with Columbine a phase? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 5:40 pm

gustopoet wrote:
Every time I think I'm over it something happens to pull me back in.

Couldn't agree more. I am starting to hope it's just a phase; I really have other things I should be doing than combing through the 11k!
Back to top Go down
Mj2beat

Contribution Points : 95329
Forum Reputation : 24

PostSubject: Re: Is your obsession with Columbine a phase?   Is your obsession with Columbine a phase? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 11:34 pm

I dont know if is a phase or not because I've been interested in these kind cases since I was in puberty and there are cases that still got me interested and searching for answers, Columbine is something that made me wondering lots of things since a long time ago but until last year I was really interested and I think that I will be interested all my life because I've been interested in these kind of things all my life, maybe I will stop to search and think about it for a while but I know that I will be still interested because there is things that haven't answers yet and stuff that are not release yet.

The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile but that it is indifferent; but if we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death — however mutable man may be able to make them — our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is your obsession with Columbine a phase?   Is your obsession with Columbine a phase? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 1:24 am

it's definitely gone back and fourth. A massive change in environment should have caused it to leave entirely(i dont get a moment to myself now) but it still lingers. So, i do not believe it is a phase....the constant daily lurkings were a phase. But I never stop being reminded of it in the little things.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is your obsession with Columbine a phase?   Is your obsession with Columbine a phase? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is your obsession with Columbine a phase?
Page 1 of 1