Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

List of Columbine in art/pop culture

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

List of Columbine in art/pop culture  Empty
PostSubject: List of Columbine in art/pop culture    List of Columbine in art/pop culture  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2019 7:01 am

I could not find a list, so I start one with ... THESE:

1. "Love Letters/White Flag: The Book of God" - hand-embroidered handkerchiefs of Eric's journal

2. “Nothing Much Happened Today (for Eric and Dylan)” - cotton tapestry of the surveillance camera image of Eric and Dylan in the cafeteria

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: List of Columbine in art/pop culture    List of Columbine in art/pop culture  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2019 7:02 am

The tapestry even made it into the book Craftivism: The Art of Craft and Activism by Betsy Greer.

Last edited by Infinityland99 on Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jaymie

Jaymie

Contribution Points : 42813
Forum Reputation : 275

PostSubject: Re: List of Columbine in art/pop culture    List of Columbine in art/pop culture  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2019 9:14 am

A painting by Eric and Dylan hangs in a German museum (a crime scene photo, if you know what I mean) On the website:

Krefeld is the first museum to have a rope painting by Fabian Marcaccio - a picture in which color is pressed through rope fabric , The picture, whose rampant color merges into the room, shows - viewed from a few meters away - the two young gunmen Eric and Dylan, who have directed themselves in the school library. The traces of blood and devastation are palpable. The weapon can still be seen in the foreground, the books in the library are now only pieces of color, tattered like the ideologies of the two students. Skipping ropes run to the arm of a perpetrator, who is identified as a puppet. "Eric & Dylan" is based on a police photo of the crime scene that somehow got onto the Internet. "Eric and Dylan" are not going back to the US. Now it is a matter of fact that Fabian Marcaccio's picture of the massacre at Columbine High School remains in the art museums in Krefeld.

I want to post the link, but that's not allowed, right?

PostSubject: Re: List of Columbine in art/pop culture    List of Columbine in art/pop culture  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2019 7:18 pm

The Love Letters art project is very interesting. I'd like to see it in person. I am kind of surprised that a museum would allow the project to be displayed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: List of Columbine in art/pop culture    List of Columbine in art/pop culture  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2019 2:44 am

hvernon wrote:
The Love Letters art project is very interesting. I'd like to see it in person. I am kind of surprised that a museum would allow the project to be displayed.

Yes, especially so shortly after the Pulse shooting. Here is another exhibition: “Brig und Ladder” by Bunny Rogers at the Whitney Museum.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: List of Columbine in art/pop culture    List of Columbine in art/pop culture  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2019 2:52 am

Jaymie wrote:
A painting by Eric and Dylan hangs in a German museum (a crime scene photo, if you know what I mean) On the website:

Krefeld is the first museum to have a rope painting by Fabian Marcaccio - a picture in which color is pressed through rope fabric , The picture, whose rampant color merges into the room, shows - viewed from a few meters away - the two young gunmen Eric and Dylan, who have directed themselves in the school library. The traces of blood and devastation are palpable. The weapon can still be seen in the foreground, the books in the library are now only pieces of color, tattered like the ideologies of the two students. Skipping ropes run to the arm of a perpetrator, who is identified as a puppet. "Eric & Dylan" is based on a police photo of the crime scene that somehow got onto the Internet. "Eric and Dylan" are not going back to the US. Now it is a matter of fact that Fabian Marcaccio's picture of the massacre at Columbine High School remains in the art museums in Krefeld.

I googled it and wonder how their parents would feel about this. Seeing the suicide pic of your child made into a painting and being exhibited at a museum must be disturbing. :/
Back to top Go down
Onyx
Top Contributor
Onyx

Contribution Points : 49002
Forum Reputation : 378

PostSubject: Re: List of Columbine in art/pop culture    List of Columbine in art/pop culture  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2019 6:56 pm

Jaymie wrote:

Thanks, I didn't know this.
It looks great!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: List of Columbine in art/pop culture    List of Columbine in art/pop culture  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

List of Columbine in art/pop culture
Page 1 of 1