Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What happened to acolumbinesite.com?

Go down 
+4
Mj2beat
Jenn
tfsa47090
JDM87
8 posters
AuthorMessage
JDM87

Contribution Points : 101856
Forum Reputation : 0

What happened to acolumbinesite.com? Empty
PostSubject: What happened to acolumbinesite.com?   What happened to acolumbinesite.com? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 9:36 pm

I used to frequent there quite often for information, now it looks as though it's offline. Anyone have any reasons why? One of the only reliable Columbine resources on the net, in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
tfsa47090
Global Moderator & Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 101288
Forum Reputation : 91

PostSubject: Re: What happened to acolumbinesite.com?   What happened to acolumbinesite.com? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 10:08 pm

cgi-sys/suspendedpage.cgi  on a HostGator site means that the page is suspended. Possibly, there has been a violation of the ToS, high resource usage, or perhaps the bill for the domain or other charges haven't been paid. The site owner must contact HostGator to deal with it/figure it out.  Whois states that it doesn't expire until October of 2014.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What happened to acolumbinesite.com?   What happened to acolumbinesite.com? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 10:20 pm

Hopefully it comes back. It's been around longer than any other informational columbine sites I've seen. The idea of all that info disappearing scares me.  No 
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 119008
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: What happened to acolumbinesite.com?   What happened to acolumbinesite.com? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 10:51 pm

Wow. That site has been around since the day after the shooting, I think. I hope the problem is fixed soon.

Back to top Go down
Mj2beat

Contribution Points : 95304
Forum Reputation : 24

PostSubject: Re: What happened to acolumbinesite.com?   What happened to acolumbinesite.com? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 11:29 pm

yes is weird, I saw the page a few days and weeks ago when I was reading information and now is suspended, I hope to see it again soon because is an excellent website

The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile but that it is indifferent; but if we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death — however mutable man may be able to make them — our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light
Back to top Go down
TheFragile

Contribution Points : 97284

PostSubject: Re: What happened to acolumbinesite.com?   What happened to acolumbinesite.com? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 12:22 pm

How long have been down?

My first columbine website  Sad

Contribution Points : 102378

PostSubject: Re: What happened to acolumbinesite.com?   What happened to acolumbinesite.com? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 9:38 am

I hope it comes back up as well. It's where my interest in Columbine really began, so it has a lot of meaning to me.

philosopher_king

Contribution Points : 101572
Forum Reputation : 8

PostSubject: Re: What happened to acolumbinesite.com?   What happened to acolumbinesite.com? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 7:30 pm

The website will probably return as I haven't heard the owner discuss closing the website. Though, anything can happen that can quickly change previous plans.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: What happened to acolumbinesite.com?   What happened to acolumbinesite.com? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 1:45 am

Maybe the site got closed down by the company hosting it and not the owner?

Back to top Go down
JDM87

Contribution Points : 101856

PostSubject: Re: What happened to acolumbinesite.com?   What happened to acolumbinesite.com? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 5:45 am

It would be a real tragedy if it is closed down. The information on there was invaluable, and since dylanklebold.com is also offline, there is no definite Columbine researching site online anymore.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What happened to acolumbinesite.com?   What happened to acolumbinesite.com? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 10:19 am

On tumblr, someone archived the site. I don't think it's the most recent version of the site, however.
Here you go!
Back to top Go down
TheFragile

Contribution Points : 97284

PostSubject: Re: What happened to acolumbinesite.com?   What happened to acolumbinesite.com? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 2:17 pm

Lananas wrote:
On tumblr, someone archived the site. I don't think it's the most recent version of the site, however.
Here you go!

Wow, last entry is on 2010.

PostSubject: Re: What happened to acolumbinesite.com?   What happened to acolumbinesite.com? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 2:18 pm

I think Cyn Shepard probably just didn't pay the hosting bill.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What happened to acolumbinesite.com?   What happened to acolumbinesite.com? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 1:27 am

yikes. hadn't visited in a while and had no idea the site was down.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What happened to acolumbinesite.com?   What happened to acolumbinesite.com? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 5:55 pm

I think it will be back once the hosting fees are paid.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: What happened to acolumbinesite.com?   What happened to acolumbinesite.com? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 6:48 pm

How do you know that it was closed down because it wasn't paid for? Maybe no one was making donations and she decided she didn't want to pay out of pocket anymore?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What happened to acolumbinesite.com?   What happened to acolumbinesite.com? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 6:50 pm

Precisely. Non payment for whatever reason. I didn't speculate on the reason.
Back to top Go down
mrc123

Contribution Points : 97892

PostSubject: Re: What happened to acolumbinesite.com?   What happened to acolumbinesite.com? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 10:52 pm

Is there a way to contact her and take up a collection? I know I would be willing to kick in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What happened to acolumbinesite.com?   What happened to acolumbinesite.com? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 6:30 pm

No doubt. I'd also donate a little something if necessary.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: What happened to acolumbinesite.com?   What happened to acolumbinesite.com? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 6:57 pm

I really don't know if I believe it was shut down for non-payment. That site had been up for years and was never shut down before to my knowledge. Also, it is usually pretty cheap to keep a site running. I am wondering if it was shut down for being against the terms of service or something? I hope not.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What happened to acolumbinesite.com?   What happened to acolumbinesite.com? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 7:01 pm

I was rethinking that too Jenn. The costs are really not that much but I can't conceive of why anything on the site would constitute a TOS violation. I recent corresponded with Cyn Shepard a few weeks ago about a journal article I am working on, so I really should just email her and find out. I'll report back when I get a reply.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What happened to acolumbinesite.com?   What happened to acolumbinesite.com? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 6:01 am

acolumbinesite is back.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What happened to acolumbinesite.com?   What happened to acolumbinesite.com? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 4:11 pm

Yay! Glad its back!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What happened to acolumbinesite.com?   What happened to acolumbinesite.com? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What happened to acolumbinesite.com?
Page 1 of 1