Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Columbine Copycats/Influenced attacks in Asia?

Go down 
+3
dyonqqr
Carnifex879
Atomkrieg
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Columbine Copycats/Influenced attacks in Asia?   Empty
PostSubject: Columbine Copycats/Influenced attacks in Asia?    Columbine Copycats/Influenced attacks in Asia?   Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2020 5:10 pm

Has there been any columbine copycats/influenced attackers in any Asian countries? Doesn't matter what type of attack, hell doesn't even have to be at a school but Im just wondering if anyone knows anything?
Back to top Go down
Atomkrieg

Atomkrieg

Contribution Points : 39512
Forum Reputation : 50

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Copycats/Influenced attacks in Asia?    Columbine Copycats/Influenced attacks in Asia?   Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2020 5:04 pm

I heard about one where some 12-year-old kid shot 2 kids, a teacher and then himself. (correct me if I'm wrong), he had worn a natural selection t-shirt that he made himself with (laughably) black marker pen and a white shirt.

Hayden Jagst
Former Top 10 Contributor

Carnifex879

Contribution Points : 68497
Forum Reputation : 391
Location : Gretchen Whitler's People's Republic of "The Mitten"

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Copycats/Influenced attacks in Asia?    Columbine Copycats/Influenced attacks in Asia?   Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2020 5:11 pm

feelmywrath wrote:
I heard about one where some 12-year-old kid shot 2 kids, a teacher and then himself. (correct me if I'm wrong), he had worn a natural selection t-shirt that he made himself with (laughably) black marker pen and a white shirt.
That was in Mexico

Atomkrieg

Atomkrieg

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Copycats/Influenced attacks in Asia?    Columbine Copycats/Influenced attacks in Asia?   Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2020 5:12 pm

Carnifex879 wrote:
feelmywrath wrote:
That was in Mexico

Fuck, apologies, I'll research and see if I can find anything.

Atomkrieg

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Copycats/Influenced attacks in Asia?    Columbine Copycats/Influenced attacks in Asia?   Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2020 5:14 pm

Can't post links to wikipedia sadly, but if you search 'List of rampage killers in Asia' you get a sizable list.
Hope this helps.

Hayden Jagst

Carnifex879

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Copycats/Influenced attacks in Asia?    Columbine Copycats/Influenced attacks in Asia?   Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2020 5:16 pm

I don't know of any Asian massacres inspired by Columbine (or any other school shootings). Most of the attacks I've heard of were committed by adult men attacking young children.

Atomkrieg

Atomkrieg

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Copycats/Influenced attacks in Asia?    Columbine Copycats/Influenced attacks in Asia?   Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2020 5:23 pm

Carnifex879 wrote:
I don't know of any Asian massacres inspired by Columbine (or any other school shootings). Most of the attacks I've heard of were committed by adult men attacking young children.

I just linked it as he said something like 'not just school shootings', if he had said school shootings I probably wouldn't have found very much.

Hayden Jagst

Carnifex879

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Copycats/Influenced attacks in Asia?    Columbine Copycats/Influenced attacks in Asia?   Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2020 5:26 pm

feelmywrath wrote:
Carnifex879 wrote:

I just linked it as he said something like 'not just school shootings', if he had said school shootings I probably wouldn't have found very much.
I know what you're saying. There are many massacres committed in Asia (not just school attacks) but I haven't found any inspired by Columbine in particular. I feel like western countries in Europe and parts of South America are more likely to have school attacks inspired by Columbine than countries in Asia, where news coverage and information on mass shootings and school attacks is less common.

Atomkrieg

Atomkrieg

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Copycats/Influenced attacks in Asia?    Columbine Copycats/Influenced attacks in Asia?   Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2020 5:28 pm

Carnifex879 wrote:
feelmywrath wrote:
Carnifex879 wrote:

I know what you're saying. There are many massacres committed in Asia (not just school attacks) but I haven't found any inspired by Columbine in particular. I feel like western countries in Europe and parts of South America are more likely to have school attacks inspired by Columbine than countries in Asia, where news coverage and information on mass shootings and school attacks is less common.

Ah yes, I had forgotten about the lack of western news in Asia.

dyonqqr

Contribution Points : 40459
Forum Reputation : 175

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Copycats/Influenced attacks in Asia?    Columbine Copycats/Influenced attacks in Asia?   Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2021 10:53 pm

Attackers in Asia have a mythology all their own. In the west, school shooters research and build upon each other, the script mutating and building as it jumps from one gunman to the next. In Asia, a self-contained but very similar process occurs, with attacks that most of the English speaking internet has hardly heard of inspiring further knifemen to go on sprees of their own. See this: some attacks are only a few days apart.

On a semi-related note, I can't help but wonder about rampage attacks in North Korea. Given their high-stress culture, I must imagine it happens a lot, probably in the form of stabbings, but obviously the media there never reports on it, much less tells the outside world. Odd to think there's a whole country worth of sprees we'll never hear about.
Back to top Go down
Employer_Square

Contribution Points : 34380
Forum Reputation : 79

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Copycats/Influenced attacks in Asia?    Columbine Copycats/Influenced attacks in Asia?   Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2021 11:19 am

Atomkrieg wrote:

That was in Mexico but yes.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120628
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Copycats/Influenced attacks in Asia?    Columbine Copycats/Influenced attacks in Asia?   Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2021 12:50 am

dyonqqr wrote:
On a semi-related note, I can't help but wonder about rampage attacks in North Korea. Given their high-stress culture, I must imagine it happens a lot, probably in the form of stabbings, but obviously the media there never reports on it, much less tells the outside world. Odd to think there's a whole country worth of sprees we'll never hear about.

I actually suspect the opposite - that in a country where extreme violence and terror are considered a fact of life, most would-be mass killers are simply enforcers of the regime's brutal policies (or in certain cases, its victims).

dyonqqr likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Copycats/Influenced attacks in Asia?    Columbine Copycats/Influenced attacks in Asia?   Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2021 4:28 am

There will be one eventually. We've had lolumbine copycats from the Mexican desert to the urals of Russia already.
Back to top Go down
eolen

eolen

Contribution Points : 24555
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Copycats/Influenced attacks in Asia?    Columbine Copycats/Influenced attacks in Asia?   Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2021 3:36 am

As far as I know [now], there is no such case
Back to top Go down
Engel

Engel

Contribution Points : 36425
Forum Reputation : 197

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Copycats/Influenced attacks in Asia?    Columbine Copycats/Influenced attacks in Asia?   Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2021 6:07 pm

Was Columbine even covered at all in Asia?

"Humanity is overrated, isn't it?" - Matti Saari

"Live in virtue, no desire
And in the grave an angel's choir
You look to heaven and wonder why
No one can see them in the sky

Just as the clouds have gone to sleep
Angels can be seen in heaven's keep
Alone in fear, they question why
Goddamn, not an angel when I die
" - Engel, Rammstein (English version)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Copycats/Influenced attacks in Asia?    Columbine Copycats/Influenced attacks in Asia?   Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2023 8:42 am

Guest wrote:
There will be one eventually. We've had lolumbine copycats from the Mexican desert to the urals of Russia already.
You forgot Brazil lol. Seems pretty unlikely but if anything i'm betting on the Philipines since they are more western influenced. There was a attempted Christchurch Copycat in Singapore and a Zodiac Killer copycat in Japan tho.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Copycats/Influenced attacks in Asia?    Columbine Copycats/Influenced attacks in Asia?   Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Columbine Copycats/Influenced attacks in Asia?
Page 1 of 1