Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Doom: Eternal

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
V. Pascow

Contribution Points : 50110
Forum Reputation : 55

Doom: Eternal  Empty
PostSubject: Doom: Eternal    Doom: Eternal  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2020 12:46 am

I wonder what Eric would've thought about the new DOOM game, had he lived to see it. Just a random thought. I imagine he would've made some wicked maps with the level creator of Doom 2k16.
Back to top Go down
Toua77

Contribution Points : 38100
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Doom: Eternal    Doom: Eternal  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2020 2:24 pm

I don't think he would've liked Doom 3, the pacing is just waaaaay different for a Doom game.

I think he would have loved 2016. It's got the mix of innovation he was looking for and a lot of the original the core game design is still there. Lots of corridors and tight arenas

Eternal is pretty hardcore, I think he would've loved the gameplay, and enemy design, but he might've hated the level design. There's moments when you get squeezed into tight areas & corridors, but generally the arenas in Eternal are more wide open. There's no labyrinth/corridor style levels like classic Doom 1 & 2, and even 2016. It was an intentional choice, because they want to be flexible with the demons that can be dropped into the arenas in future updates.

Pretty sad, that everything he wanted in a Doom game happened after he died. The ability to look up & down, climb, jump, extended lore on the Doom Marine, and not 1, but 2 crappy Doom movies!
Back to top Go down
V. Pascow

PostSubject: Re: Doom: Eternal    Doom: Eternal  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2020 2:28 pm

Toua77 wrote:
I don't think he would've liked Doom 3, the pacing is just waaaaay different for a Doom game.

I think he would have loved 2016. It's got the mix of innovation he was looking for and a lot of the original the core game design is still there. Lots of corridors and tight arenas

Eternal is pretty hardcore, I think he would've loved the gameplay, and enemy design, but he might've hated the level design. There's moments when you get squeezed into tight areas & corridors, but generally the arenas in Eternal are more wide open. There's no labyrinth/corridor style levels like classic Doom 1 & 2, and even 2016. It was an intentional choice, because they want to be flexible with the demons that can be dropped into the arenas in future updates.

Pretty sad, that everything he wanted in a Doom game happened after he died. The ability to look up & down, climb, jump, extended lore on the Doom Marine, and not 1, but 2 crappy Doom movies!

Yeah, it's sad to think of what could've been. I'm honestly surprised nobody has tried to remake any of his levels in the 2016 map editor.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Doom: Eternal    Doom: Eternal  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2020 2:45 pm

WasteOfGoodSuffering wrote:
I wonder what Eric would've thought about the new DOOM game, had he lived to see it. Just a random thought. I imagine he would've made some wicked maps with the level creator of Doom 2k16.

He's playing Doom Eternal right now!
Back to top Go down
V. Pascow

PostSubject: Re: Doom: Eternal    Doom: Eternal  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2020 2:49 pm

TheOne99 wrote:

Hell doesn't exist Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Doom: Eternal    Doom: Eternal  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2020 2:52 pm

TheOne99 wrote:

Hell doesn't exist Rolling Eyes

*Sarcasm*

And hey man its cool im an Agnostic Atheist
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Doom: Eternal    Doom: Eternal  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2020 1:40 pm

I have DOOM (2016) on PS4 and I fucking love it! Cannot wait to get my hands on Eternal.
Back to top Go down
Futility

Contribution Points : 38512
Forum Reputation : 105

PostSubject: Re: Doom: Eternal    Doom: Eternal  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2020 6:48 am

Great game:D
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Doom: Eternal    Doom: Eternal  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2020 11:03 pm

He probably wouldve loved it and Doom 2016 because they were very simmilar to the DOOMs he grew up playing. I wonder what kind of SnapMaps he wouldve made.
Back to top Go down
ValiantSoldier

ValiantSoldier

Contribution Points : 58471
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Doom: Eternal    Doom: Eternal  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2020 7:07 pm

Don't forget the glory kills, he would have loved to have had a lot more ideas for his fantasies if doom 2016 and Doom eternal were to have been out during his time.

Also for those who have played Doom Eternal what would he have thought of the Marauder?
I think Eric would likely talk down to those complaining about him and written about them in his journal and website. Not to mention there will be a longer shit list due to some people not liking the Marauder.

<<If all shall turn against me, I'll fight like I always have.>>

<<There are three kinds of people: those who seek strength, those who live for pride, and those who can read the tide of battle.>>

<<Belka did absolutely nothing wrong.>>
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Doom: Eternal    Doom: Eternal  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Doom: Eternal
Page 1 of 1