Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Aftermath: Survivors who are struggling

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kerea2244
Top 10 Contributor
Kerea2244

Contribution Points : 124150
Forum Reputation : 40

Aftermath: Survivors who are struggling Empty
PostSubject: Aftermath: Survivors who are struggling   Aftermath: Survivors who are struggling Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2020 2:59 pm

Richard Calastado- Was with Rachel Scott eating lunch when both of them were shot. Rachel was killed and Richard is left paralyzed. He is now homeless after falling ill with MRSA.

Austin Eubanks- Corey Depooter's best friend who was in the library with him. He witnessed Corey's death and was also shot in the hand and knee. He developed a opioid addiction and died on May 18, 2019 due to an accidental overdose

Mark Taylor- Shot many times outside. Mark was put into The Lighthouse inpatient unit of Aspen Pointe in 2008 after an alleged meltdown at a book store. He was forced onto mood-altering drugs over two consecutive stays in a ward. he couldn't even form coherent answers

Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193746
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath: Survivors who are struggling   Aftermath: Survivors who are struggling Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2020 3:42 pm

I know there were others who have been really struggling too.

According to some interviews, a couple ended up being incarcerated for various things too... there is a lot of PTSD, substance abuse, panic attacks etc... I think Lance Kirklin struggled with alcoholism.

adastra

Contribution Points : 45844
Forum Reputation : 268

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath: Survivors who are struggling   Aftermath: Survivors who are struggling Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2020 7:10 pm

Lance did struggle with alcoholism. There's a great interview with him that was done for Rocky Mountain PBS called Ripples of Columbine where he talks about his issues in the wake of the shooting.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
milennialrebelette

milennialrebelette

Contribution Points : 59890
Forum Reputation : 725

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath: Survivors who are struggling   Aftermath: Survivors who are struggling Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2020 2:53 am

My sister who was on of Rachel Scott's closest friends at Dutch Creek, Ken Caryl and into Columbine and who she invited to lunch with her and Richard last minute but my sister had already made plans to go pick up her prom pictures with another girl, struggled with alcoholism from her senior year (99-00) until she was about 25? I know last year was hard for her and our mom's death in late 2010 was hard too. She's stayed sober though at least since she's had her daughters. I know she relapsed after the 10 year anniversary up until after my mom passed away.

I know a lot of her former friends had problems like her. She was a cheerleader/poms and admittedly wasn't the nicest all the time she said.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath: Survivors who are struggling   Aftermath: Survivors who are struggling Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2020 2:57 am

Traumatic events can shape or even destroy a person.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath: Survivors who are struggling   Aftermath: Survivors who are struggling Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aftermath: Survivors who are struggling
Page 1 of 1