Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Did any massshooter care about how their actions would impact their parents

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Contribution Points : 70816
Forum Reputation : 95

Did any massshooter care about how their actions would impact their parents Empty
PostSubject: Did any massshooter care about how their actions would impact their parents   Did any massshooter care about how their actions would impact their parents Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2020 1:05 pm

So did any mass shooter´s think or care about how their actions would ruin their parents life? I am sure many of them loved their parents.

Edit: I am not talking about mass shooters who killed their parents to spare them the pain of their actions.

Last edited by TheGoodGuy on Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Did any massshooter care about how their actions would impact their parents Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did any massshooter care about how their actions would impact their parents   Did any massshooter care about how their actions would impact their parents Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2020 1:21 pm

N/A

Last edited by Duluth on Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

PostSubject: Re: Did any massshooter care about how their actions would impact their parents   Did any massshooter care about how their actions would impact their parents Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2020 1:36 pm

Duluth wrote:
Eric Harris expressed a degree of remorse and concern for his parents in the aftermath of the Columbine shooting.

Some people speculate that Adam Lanza shot his mother, Nancy, to spare her of the aftermath of the Sandy Hook shooting.

Dylann Roof, in an interview with the FBI shortly after his capture (the day after the Charleston AME Church shooting), said that he thought that his mother would be pretty mad with him due to what he had done.

Thanks for the response but I am more interested in the mass shooters who didn´t kill their parents to spare them the pain of their actions e.g. Kip Kinkel killed both his parents for that reason.

It´s just some of these mass shooters planned for a long time and so they must at least have thought about how their shooting would ruin the lives of their parents maybe even have researched about previous shooters parents to mass shooters to see how it affected them.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did any massshooter care about how their actions would impact their parents   Did any massshooter care about how their actions would impact their parents Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2020 1:45 pm

Pekka-Eric Auvinen wrote in his suicide note to his parents and little brother that he was sorry, but he was dissatisfied with society and he hoped another shooting like Jokela wouldn't happen again after what he would do.

Elliot Rodger wanted to kill his stepmom and little brother so he could use his dads SUV but didn't do it.

Dylan Klebold from my understanding didn't seemed to care, saying he didn't like life too much and that he'd be happier wherever he goes after Columbine.

I think I heard some theories that Michael Ryan shot his mother to spare her the suffering of his actions, and he even said during his standoff with police that his mothers death was a "mistake"

Mutsuo Toi wrote in one of his suicide notes that he killed his grandmother to spare her the shame of being a "murderers grandmother"

Back to top Go down
Futility

Contribution Points : 38312
Forum Reputation : 105

PostSubject: Re: Did any massshooter care about how their actions would impact their parents   Did any massshooter care about how their actions would impact their parents Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2020 4:25 pm

I guess that depends on how the shootings are prepared/carried out. In Cases where the shooter planned their attacks for a while (Weeks or Months) some of them seemed more "remorseful" towards their relatives while in other Cases (mentally-ill related attacks, "snapping"..etc) they not. Excuse my english.
Back to top Go down
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

PostSubject: Re: Did any massshooter care about how their actions would impact their parents   Did any massshooter care about how their actions would impact their parents Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2020 2:28 pm

Futility wrote:
I guess that depends on how the shootings are prepared/carried out. In Cases where the shooter planned their attacks for a while (Weeks or Months) some of them  seemed more "remorseful" towards their relatives while in other Cases (mentally-ill related attacks, "snapping"..etc) they not. Excuse my english.

I agree and it makes sense, if a person snaps they don´t have time to think about anything but their current actions

Back to top Go down
Futility

Contribution Points : 38312
Forum Reputation : 105

PostSubject: Re: Did any massshooter care about how their actions would impact their parents   Did any massshooter care about how their actions would impact their parents Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2020 2:36 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] you just putted the right words. Im from Germany so it was not easy to explain it properly.
Back to top Go down
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

PostSubject: Re: Did any massshooter care about how their actions would impact their parents   Did any massshooter care about how their actions would impact their parents Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2020 10:02 pm

Futility wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] you just putted the right words. Im from Germany so it was not easy to explain it properly.
You´re welcome

Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

Contribution Points : 85953
Forum Reputation : 340

PostSubject: Re: Did any massshooter care about how their actions would impact their parents   Did any massshooter care about how their actions would impact their parents Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2020 6:24 am

Trey Eric Sesler: was going to shoot up a school. He shot his family so they wouldn’t have to deal with the shame however after doing so didn’t go through with it.
Back to top Go down
Onyx
Top Contributor
Onyx

Contribution Points : 49127
Forum Reputation : 378

PostSubject: Re: Did any massshooter care about how their actions would impact their parents   Did any massshooter care about how their actions would impact their parents Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2020 6:44 am

Duluth wrote:
Some people speculate that Adam Lanza shot his mother, Nancy, to spare her of the aftermath of the Sandy Hook shooting.

It’s really bizarre to think of killing someone just to spare them. It’s like when my lesbian friend benevolently said that before she comes out of the closet, it would be good for her grandparents to die so they don’t have to worry about it. At that time, it was very funny because she said it without thinking, but later when you realize that a lot of people really solve their problems that way, it becomes worrying.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did any massshooter care about how their actions would impact their parents   Did any massshooter care about how their actions would impact their parents Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Did any massshooter care about how their actions would impact their parents
Page 1 of 1