Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Anyone have the interview of Brooks Brown by Darrell Scott?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Vepr

Contribution Points : 40920
Forum Reputation : 25

Anyone have the interview of Brooks Brown by Darrell Scott? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone have the interview of Brooks Brown by Darrell Scott?   Anyone have the interview of Brooks Brown by Darrell Scott? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2020 1:56 am

IN "No easy Answers" Brooks says that he was interviewed by Darrell Scott in Clement Park 6mos or so after the shooting. Does this video exist anywhere?
Back to top Go down
nopenever

Contribution Points : 44718
Forum Reputation : 75

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have the interview of Brooks Brown by Darrell Scott?   Anyone have the interview of Brooks Brown by Darrell Scott? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2020 11:08 am

I dunno if there was a video of it, but that sure sounds interesting. I wonder how much of what Brooks said was true.

Fun fact: John Green of The Fault in Our Stars fame reviewed Brooks' book for a trade publication.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have the interview of Brooks Brown by Darrell Scott?   Anyone have the interview of Brooks Brown by Darrell Scott? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2020 2:23 pm

I don't recall Brooks saying this interview was filmed, so I'm not sure there is a video to find. It was possibly for their book.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193482
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have the interview of Brooks Brown by Darrell Scott?   Anyone have the interview of Brooks Brown by Darrell Scott? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2020 8:19 pm

I imagine there were so many complicated feelings and meetings with people for years after...

There were a lot of kids that knew and liked Eric and Dylan but also liked those they killed and injured.

We will probably never hear the stories but I bet there are people who liked Eric or Dylan but weren't fond of someone who was killed.. that has to be a weird feeling.

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have the interview of Brooks Brown by Darrell Scott?   Anyone have the interview of Brooks Brown by Darrell Scott? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2020 9:13 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
I imagine there were so many complicated feelings and meetings with people for years after...

There were a lot of kids that knew and liked Eric and Dylan but also liked those they killed and injured.

We will probably never hear the stories but I bet there are people who liked Eric or Dylan but weren't fond of someone who was killed.. that has to be a weird feeling.

They interviewed Mollie for the 20th anniversary though. I think that was an interesting perspective.
Back to top Go down
Vepr

Contribution Points : 40920
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have the interview of Brooks Brown by Darrell Scott?   Anyone have the interview of Brooks Brown by Darrell Scott? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2020 12:10 am

hvernon wrote:
I don't recall Brooks saying this interview was filmed, so I'm not sure there is a video to find. It was possibly for their book.

Excerpt; "Mr. Scott had already co-authored a book about his daughter titled "Rachel's Tears". Now he was putting together a tribute video, made up of comments from people who had known her. He had a photo of me studying with Rachel before a debate competition, and he knew that she and I had been friends. So he asked me to participate."

Page 192.
Back to top Go down
nopenever

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have the interview of Brooks Brown by Darrell Scott?   Anyone have the interview of Brooks Brown by Darrell Scott? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2020 9:10 am

Vepr wrote:
hvernon wrote:

Excerpt; "Mr. Scott had already co-authored a book about his daughter titled "Rachel's Tears".  Now he was putting together a tribute video, made up of comments from people who had known her.  He had a photo of me studying with Rachel before a debate competition, and he knew that she and I had been friends.  So he asked me to participate."

Page 192.

Oh interesting. Never heard of this before because I hadn't read his book. I'm guessing it's lost to time now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have the interview of Brooks Brown by Darrell Scott?   Anyone have the interview of Brooks Brown by Darrell Scott? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone have the interview of Brooks Brown by Darrell Scott?
Page 1 of 1