Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

20 years on

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Norwegian
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 79353
Forum Reputation : 304

20 years on Empty
PostSubject: 20 years on   20 years on Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2020 2:08 am

And it still seems to me like people are trying to look for easy answers for mass violence. Even though we know that it's, in fact, complicated.

For my part, its so complex that I fail to fully comprehend it, to be exact.
. I dont think I ever will.

Do you agree on this?
Back to top Go down
Onyx
Top Contributor
Onyx

Contribution Points : 49502
Forum Reputation : 378

20 years on Empty
PostSubject: Re: 20 years on   20 years on Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2020 2:24 pm

Yes, I agree and it’s making me anxious, but maybe some things can’t be fully explained and we have to get over it.
Back to top Go down
Norwegian
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 79353
Forum Reputation : 304

20 years on Empty
PostSubject: Re: 20 years on   20 years on Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2020 2:56 pm

Onyx wrote:
Yes, I agree and it’s making me anxious, but maybe some things can’t be fully explained and we have to get over it.

Not necessarily, but look at what we can do. Such as, not giving them Fame and so on.
Back to top Go down

20 years on Empty
PostSubject: Re: 20 years on   20 years on Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2020 6:28 pm

Norwegian wrote:
And it still seems to me like people are trying to look for easy answers for mass violence. Even though we know that it's, in fact, complicated.

For my part, its so complex that I fail to fully comprehend it, to be exact.
. I dont think I ever will.

Do you agree on this?
People still try to shoehorn an incorrect diagnosis onto others out of convenience.
Back to top Go down
HanShotFirst
Top Contributor
HanShotFirst

Contribution Points : 64837
Forum Reputation : 1210

20 years on Empty
PostSubject: Re: 20 years on   20 years on Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2020 4:08 am

Some people can't accept the fact that things happen beyond their control. It makes them uncomfortable, so they reassure themselves by grasping at any explanation they can.

"Well if we didn't have this then that wouldn't have happened."

It's like a mental security blanket that helps them pretend life isn't chaos and they have some degree of control.

20 years on Empty
PostSubject: Re: 20 years on   20 years on Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2020 3:20 pm

The U.S. learned nothing from Columbine except to implement security rules and terrorize children. Both of which have failed success.
Back to top Go down
Onyx
Top Contributor
Onyx

Contribution Points : 49502
Forum Reputation : 378

20 years on Empty
PostSubject: Re: 20 years on   20 years on Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2020 4:02 pm

HanShotFirst wrote:
Some people can't accept the fact that things happen beyond their control. It makes them uncomfortable, so they reassure themselves by grasping at any explanation they can.

"Well if we didn't have this then that wouldn't have happened."

It's like a mental security blanket that helps them pretend life isn't chaos and they have some degree of control.

I agree! People are most afraid of chaos and thoughts that for example no Illuminati, or whoever, controls the world. So they make up many conspiracy theories and often meaningless rationalizations and explanations for the sake of explanations themselves.

milennialrebelette likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

20 years on Empty
PostSubject: Re: 20 years on   20 years on Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

20 years on
Page 1 of 1