Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT!

Go down 
+11
sororityalpha
dreadpirateroberts2020
thelmar
Draw_It_White
AbbyLayne
Onyx
Reznor
Fata Morgana
Screamingophelia
Ligeya
asloversgo
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
asloversgo

Contribution Points : 76158
Forum Reputation : 0

RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT! Empty
PostSubject: RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT!   RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2020 2:07 am

Randy's book is out! I helped edit. It's amazing! Please support him and buy it, he's never made a cent off of Columbine and I would hate it to be shared everywhere.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Ligeya

Contribution Points : 42924
Forum Reputation : 53

PostSubject: Re: RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT!   RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2020 2:14 am

Only paperback?
Back to top Go down
asloversgo

PostSubject: Re: RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT!   RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2020 2:30 am

so far, yes. Kindle will be available soon, amazon has to format.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193746
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT!   RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2020 2:38 am

I am really intrigued... 

Also really happy to have some more topics for discussion, the depositions are not out for like 7 years.....

PostSubject: Re: RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT!   RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2020 2:46 am

Randy writes about those but had to be somewhat vague because of the legal implications. I told him to write more about the basement tapes haha
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT!   RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2020 3:25 am

I am going to pick this up soon, hopefully. I can't wait to see what he has revealed in his book.
Back to top Go down
Fata Morgana

Fata Morgana

Contribution Points : 37848

PostSubject: Re: RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT!   RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2020 4:06 am

hvernon wrote:
I am going to pick this up soon, hopefully. I can't wait to see what he has revealed in his book.
Yeah, me too. I hope it adds something new and doesn't disappoint.

PostSubject: Re: RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT!   RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2020 4:41 am

It has a lot of new things. The best part of it is that it is from his journals so it takes you through the roller coaster of it all. Gives a real glimpse of how involved he was with the families and klebolds after the massacre
Back to top Go down
Reznor

Reznor

Contribution Points : 41646
Forum Reputation : 350

PostSubject: Re: RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT!   RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2020 5:20 am

So the money is going to Randy? I will buy it regardless, just curious because your wording was a little bit confusing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT!   RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2020 2:14 pm

oh god!!!!
It doesn't ship to romania , god damn it.
I hope it will soon though. God im so sad and anxious.

Edit: If anyone has any ideas how an Europoor can get their hands on this book, lemme know!
Back to top Go down
Onyx
Top Contributor
Onyx

Contribution Points : 49502
Forum Reputation : 378

PostSubject: Re: RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT!   RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2020 2:39 pm

Hell yeah! Finally something new!
Back to top Go down
asloversgo

PostSubject: Re: RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT!   RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2020 3:23 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], Yes, Randy will get whatever amazon doesn’t take Smile
Back to top Go down
AbbyLayne

AbbyLayne

Contribution Points : 41715
Forum Reputation : 193

PostSubject: Re: RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT!   RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2020 6:18 pm

asloversgo wrote:
Randy's book is out! I helped edit. It's amazing! Please support him and buy it, he's never made a cent off of Columbine and I would hate it to be shared everywhere.

Do you have any idea if the kindle/ebook version will be available internationally?

Thanks for the heads up btw! This totally wasn't on my radar!

beyond a cold sanctuary, of fire and of ice
deep in the bedrock, already here i come”

Heresy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT!   RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2020 7:05 pm

Magnaphoria wrote:
oh god!!!!

Edit: If anyone has any ideas how an Europoor can get their hands on this book, lemme know!

A proxy shipping service?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT!   RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2020 9:07 pm

Is anyone willing to help me get my hands on his book? Proxy shipping costs more than the book. If anyone is willing to help, please PM me. I'd really love to get this book and read it asap ^^

I don't really know how Amazon works, so if Randy or Amazon will allow international shipping , that would be cool.
Back to top Go down
asloversgo

PostSubject: Re: RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT!   RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2020 12:19 am

You should be able to get the kindle edition even internationally, right?
Back to top Go down
AbbyLayne

AbbyLayne

PostSubject: Re: RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT!   RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2020 6:03 am

asloversgo wrote:
You should be able to get the kindle edition even internationally, right?  

Not every ebook available on amazon.com is automatically available on amazon.uk, amazon.de,... I have no idea how it works with self published stuff though.

Edit: Nevermind! I've just seen that the paperback version is now available in my country! Yay! Very Happy

Heresy
Back to top Go down
AbbyLayne

AbbyLayne

PostSubject: Re: RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT!   RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2020 6:30 am

Magnaphoria wrote:
oh god!!!!

The book is available on amazon.co.uk, amazon.de, amazon.fr,... I'm pretty sure they ship to Romania. If everything else fails contact me and I'm sure we can work sth out.

Heresy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT!   RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2020 11:17 am

AbbyLayne wrote:
Magnaphoria wrote:
oh god!!!!

The book is available on amazon.co.uk, amazon.de, amazon.fr,... I'm pretty sure they ship to Romania. If everything else fails contact me and I'm sure we can work sth out.

Yeah, I saw. I'll order it next month, it's gonna be hard to wait till then ^^
Back to top Go down
Reznor

Reznor

PostSubject: Re: RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT!   RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2020 4:02 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] The "follow the author" link is for a different Randy Brown, you might want to let him know so he can have Amazon fix it.
Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 98518
Forum Reputation : 154

PostSubject: Re: RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT!   RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2020 10:19 pm

Kindle is available now isn’t it?

Just reading the sample it offers at the minute. As expected, he’s furious at a number of people...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT!   RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2020 11:55 pm

N/A

Last edited by Duluth on Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
thelmar

thelmar

Contribution Points : 83257
Forum Reputation : 3068

PostSubject: Re: RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT!   RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2020 3:40 am

I've ordered this and can't wait to read it. I have been not so patiently waiting for it lo these many years. I know that there will be bias and I am not in agreement with Randy's argument that bullying was the main cause of Columbine, but I really appreciate his perspective given the Brown's involvement with Eric long before the massacre.

I'll probably post a long-assed review so hope nobody minds!
Back to top Go down
dreadpirateroberts2020

Contribution Points : 41905
Forum Reputation : 125

PostSubject: Re: RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT!   RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2020 3:48 am

I bought the book. Read it this afternoon. It’s incredible.
Buy this book guys. Support Randy, he’s undoubtedly our best research resource!
In the book, Randy confirms what Columbine researchers have suspected; he has the full 911 library call.

Relevant Section Below.

“The Library Tape and Assault Rifles.  JAN. 2020

I listened, again, to the recording of the teacher in the library who called 911 and then set the phone down. It is a poor-quality recording. It is a little hard to hear the words spoken, and the other sounds. It is the recording of the library. No, not the one you know about. This is the rest of the tape, the recorded of the killings in the library.

The tape from the library is the saddest thing I have ever heard. The greatest sadness of my life. The worst thing I will ever hear. I would be remiss, in my duty to tell the truth, if I did not mention one very obvious fact: The weapons, during the killings, were fired as single shots. There was very little semi-automatic fire. There would be a single shot, and then nothing for a few seconds, 10, 15 seconds or longer. Then another shot. This was not a madhouse. This was a calm and collected killing. The shot would be loud in the room, and then nothing. The police outside could hear the shot, and a long pause, and then another shot, and a long pause, and then another shot. They stayed outside, held back by their own fear. They were certainly not held back by the withering automatic weapons fire from the library.

I know, it is an awful detail, but it is kind of important. The portrayal of this as an overwhelming gun battle, and chaos, was a lie, an excuse. There was no excuse. Any of those policemen could have walked in and taken on these two cowards. Any of them. If they had just gone into the library. If they had just intervened. It is important for all of us, civilians and police, to acknowledge that simple fact. There were no automatic rifles used in this shooting, at least not as you imagined, not as you were led to believe. There were shots fired slowly, deliberately, and with a lot of time in between them. There are single rounds from weapons, fired at a slow pace, relishing the killing. Eric and Dylan took their time, and they enjoyed it. The delays, the time, match very well with the comments, the “wahoo’s” and excitement of the killers.

Eric and Dylan enjoyed killing innocent defenseless children, and the police, outside of the open doors, and outside of the shattered windows, listened, and stayed where they were. They stayed outside, and let these children be killed. No. These killings are not like you have imagined, or have been led to believe.  They are slow, and methodical. The police, outside, stayed there, outside, and let these children be killed, listening to the sound of gunfire and screams, slowly taking place, slowly unfolding, like the nightmare it was. While Eric and Dylan walked around, in between the bookshelves, protected from the police, the police failed to enter.

And that is the reason that the police never released this tape: They wanted to hide the single-shot scenario. They wanted people, and the press, to think it was a gunfight, a wild automatic-rifle gunfight, with chaos and sirens and noise and smoke. That is all a lie. The water was downstairs in the cafeteria. There was never a fire in the library. The sprinkler system never went off in the library. The tables are dry. The floor is dry. The clothes of Eric and Dylan are dry. One tabletop has ashes on it from a fire Eric tried to start. The Library was dry, with no water, not a drop. The library was dry. The chaos defense is a false one. There was no chaos. There was a systematic killing of innocent children. There was plenty of time to intervene. This loss of life could have been prevented.

It is worth noting, that you would not notice it the first time you listen, it is too upsetting to comprehend the first time. You would not notice it the second time. But, on the third time, or the fourth, you hear it, and it takes on a different meaning. As a note: the killings outside of the school, that happened first, could not have been prevented. Once the killers were at the school, the chance to intervene was over. Eric and Dylan opened fire without warning. Once they were at the school, it would have been pure luck to have had Gardner, the school resource officer, standing there at the West entrance, with his weapon drawn.

Barring that improbable scenario, the shooting of the first children, once Eric and Dylan were at the school, armed, would have been hard to prevent. Rachel and Richie, and Dan, and Anne were shot before anyone had a chance to react, before anyone had a chance to raise a defense. No one can react in 5 seconds, or 15 seconds. They were shot outside the school, with no warning. But, once in the school, and in the library, there was time, and there was opportunity to raise a defense.

If you will remember, Gardner shot his .45 pistol at Eric, before Eric actually went into the school, at the West entrance. Eric spun around, and Gardner thought he had hit him. He was wrong. He knew he had fired at Eric, who was crouched down, and he missed. He missed four times. (Yes, there are a few different versions of this part of the incident. They contradict themselves in some of the important details. In one version Eric is crouched, and spins as he is fired at. In another version, Eric is inside the doors, resting his rifle on the door frame. In another version Gardner is firing at Dylan.) Then Eric and Dylan walked through the school, shot up the main office, and walked back down the hall to the library. Gardner fired at them in the library, with 4 more rounds, from outside, in the parking lot, and so did other policemen. These rounds, fired by the police, are all over the library, in walls, books, and in the ceiling of the library. Then, Eric and Dylan, not immediately, started killing children in the library.

This was a fiasco. This was the failure. And that is probably the reason the police never released this tape of the library killings. This tape removes any doubt about the cowardice of these policemen. It removes any doubt that, if any of these policemen had tried to stop these killings, they could have. One brave policeman walking into that school, into the library, with his weapon drawn, could have intervened. Oh, yes, they might have died in the attempt. Yes. I acknowledge that. And I also acknowledge that not one of them did. Not one. I know. I know. It is in retrospect. It was 20 years ago. But the details and the timing make it pretty clear what happened here.

As does the audio tape. Now you know all you need to know about the audio tape of the killings in the library. That is all you need to know. Be glad that you have never heard it. The police failed, and it appears that I hate them. But that is too strong a word. It is a disappointment, a sorrow, that they failed in so many ways. And yes, an anger. An anger at these men for not knowing what their job was, and for letting these children die. Their job isn’t to give you a ticket for speeding. That is not their job. That is not their first and most important job. Their job, first, is to protect innocent people from violent criminals. Their job is to protect innocent children from violent children.

Do you think that is too critical? Do you? Then you should listen to the tape of the killings in the library. Then I am wrong for not releasing it. If you still think that they did not fail, then the tape of the killings should be released for everyone to hear. Then you should listen to the tape, and be force into learning the truth. Then you might get it. Then you might understand, by listening to this tape. Then you would know that the police on tv, the heroes that are competent and risk their lives for civilians, are a myth. Imaginary. A falsehood. Then you might know the truth. I know the truth. I have listened to the tape.”

"When have I lied? When have I cheated or stolen from anyone here? When have I treated anyone unfairly? When have I lead you astray?

Why do you turn on me now when I have poured my heart and soul into this community and project?

...Do you think this site built itself? Do you think it runs itself?...Do you have any idea the risk the people operating this site are taking?

Do you have any clue what we've been through to get here today?

Whether you like it or not, I am the captain of this ship, if you don’t like the rules of the game, or you don’t trust your captain, you can get off the boat.”

-Dread Pirate Roberts
Back to top Go down
Ligeya

PostSubject: Re: RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT!   RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2020 4:11 am

I read kindle excepts. Are those supposed to be most interesting, potentially engaging parts of the book, or are those chosen randomly? Because i didn't read anything new, or revelatory in those excepts. It's very emotional, i'd say even too emotional. You'd think Dylan was their son with endless talks about how much they loved him.
Two things got my attention.
Randy decided that Eric killed Dylan after he talked to Patti Nielsen and she told him that "1-2-3" suicide story was a lie.
Randy admits he pressured victim's families to talk to the press, and was angry with them when they didnt.
Back to top Go down
thelmar

thelmar

PostSubject: Re: RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT!   RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2020 4:08 pm

Ligeya wrote:
I read kindle excepts. Are those supposed to be most interesting, potentially engaging parts of the book, or are those chosen randomly? Because i didn't read anything new, or revelatory in those excepts. It's very emotional, i'd say even too emotional. You'd think Dylan was their son with endless talks about how much they loved him.
Two things got my attention.
Randy decided that Eric killed Dylan after he talked to Patti Nielsen and she told him that "1-2-3" suicide story was a lie.
Randy admits he pressured victim's families to talk to the press, and was angry with them when they didnt.

I haven't received my copy yet (I ordered the paperback) but I have read the Kindle pages that are available. This is the book in order, from page 1 to whenever they cut you off. So it's not meant to be the highlights of the book.
From the beginning of the book Randy writes that the book isn't written chronologically. Some things he wrote years after the fact and some of the things he believed then or in 2005 are not what he believes now. So I suspect, and will find out when I get my copy, that there will be an evolution of thought and feelings based upon things he learned over the years. For example, in the pages that are available to read he mentions things he thought about on hikes and one scenario he became convinced of was that Eric must have threatened Dylan's family and Dylan felt trapped and unable to back out. That Dylan was trying to protect specific people from Eric and so went along with him on his plans in order that those specific people not be hurt. I would hope that this thought process of Randy's has changed over the years- but I guess I'll see when I get my book.
Back to top Go down
thelmar

thelmar

PostSubject: Re: RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT!   RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2020 4:09 pm

With regard to the library 911 call- this is beyond disturbing.
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 124574
Forum Reputation : 1001

PostSubject: Re: RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT!   RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2020 4:46 pm

I have been saying for years that he had the full 911 call from the library and he finally confirmed it.

Release the full 911 library call then.
Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

PostSubject: Re: RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT!   RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2020 6:36 pm

sororityalpha wrote:
I have been saying for years that he had the full 911 call from the library and he finally confirmed it.

Release the full 911 library call then.

Did I not confirm that a while ago? I think he’s got even more than he lets on in the book and still suspect he will at some point release it - particularly if he receives any backlash from the book.
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT!   RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2020 7:06 pm

Randy finally admitted that he had the full 911 library call is what I am saying.

There was evidence that he also has some (if not all) audio/video of the basement tapes.
Back to top Go down
cakeman

cakeman

Contribution Points : 81047
Forum Reputation : 1491

PostSubject: Re: RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT!   RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2020 7:26 pm

dreadpiraterobers2020 wrote:
They stayed outside, held back by their own fear. They were certainly not held back by the withering automatic weapons fire from the library.
Indeed, there was something else supposed to be the attack's main feature.. One has to wonder if that's on the tapes, and seems a much more likely scenario for what to cover up.
Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

PostSubject: Re: RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT!   RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2020 9:18 pm

sororityalpha wrote:
Randy finally admitted that he had the full 911 library call is what I am saying.

There was evidence that he also has some (if not all) audio/video of the basement tapes.

Yeah, I thought we cleared up a while ago that he had the full 911 call.

I think it’s the audio of basement tapes.
Back to top Go down
adastra

adastra

Contribution Points : 45844
Forum Reputation : 268

PostSubject: Re: RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT!   RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2020 9:59 pm

Ordered this and looking forward to reading it. The bit about the 911 call is extremely disturbing. It's not overly surprising that the entire call casts doubt on the way the shooting in the library occurred, considering how against releasing it Jefco has been. Like others, I'd also wager Randy has the audio/possibly video of the Basement Tapes. And, really, all of it likely adds up to a colossal failure on the part of law enforcement - especially if you consider the Brown's police report and attempts to draw attention to Eric as dangerous well before the massacre happened. This seems a more likely reason for withholding the tapes and full 911 call than that that they genuinely fear people being inspired by these two.
Back to top Go down
Onyx
Top Contributor
Onyx

Contribution Points : 49502
Forum Reputation : 378

PostSubject: Re: RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT!   RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2020 10:43 pm

I don’t want to sound bizarre, but I really want to hear the whole 911 call. Do you think it could leak to the public after this?
Back to top Go down
cakeman

cakeman

Contribution Points : 81047
Forum Reputation : 1491

PostSubject: Re: RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT!   RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2020 11:50 pm

Don't think you sound bizarre. Perhaps morbid at first blush, but really every theory of the crime finds different parts of what they say in the library to be important, and witnesses are unsurprisingly divided on what exactly they said.  And it's not like we have a transcript endorsed as official or something. At least I don't think we do. If you can hear anything, that is. I'm not sure why he would leak it though one could hope. 

Lukewarm feelings on his theorizing. His research on the other hand is interesting. The book seems probably the neatest thing about the massacre one could expect at this point. Whatever portion of it is "ballistics" is probably fascinating. Probably get it eventually after some avoiding it, or at least eager to read others thoughts about it.

Last edited by cakeman on Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ligeya

PostSubject: Re: RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT!   RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2020 3:04 am

I don't want to offend anyone, but there are some huge editing problems with that book. It's very repetetive, and there are some pretty huge parts being repeated almost verbatim. Maybe it's a problem of kindle edition, but it makes it very hard to read.
And a lot of little mistakes that makes me question the depth of his research.
Back to top Go down
Reznor

Reznor

PostSubject: Re: RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT!   RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2020 6:32 am

Draw_It_White wrote:

I think it’s the audio of basement tapes.

I posted recently in another thread but I thought I'd share it here too:
In the Brown interview with FHM in 2004, the author writes "As if more evidence were needed, he [Randy] puts on a video Eric and Dylan made some months before the massacre. It shows them, faces contorted with anger, cursing the bullies who had tormented them and the teachers who allowed it to happen. "More rage, more rage! Keep building it on!" Spits Eric, eyes burning through the television screen. "You've been giving us shit for years, I'm going to kill you all!"

It's possible he still has this clip, and maybe more of the basement tapes if he wasn't forced to give up his copies.

ligeya wrote:

I don't want to offend anyone, but there are some huge editing problems with that book. It's very repetetive, and there are some pretty huge parts being repeated almost verbatim. Maybe it's a problem of kindle edition, but it makes it very hard to read.

I haven't received my copy yet but I already feel that way about the excerpt that was posted here about the 911 tape.
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT!   RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2020 6:55 pm

Reznor wrote:
I posted recently in another thread but I thought I'd share it here too:

In the Brown interview with FHM in 2004, the author writes "As if more evidence were needed, he [Randy] puts on a video Eric and Dylan made some months before the massacre. It shows them, faces contorted with anger, cursing the bullies who had tormented them and the teachers who allowed it to happen. "More rage, more rage! Keep building it on!" Spits Eric, eyes burning through the television screen. "You've been giving us shit for years, I'm going to kill you all!"

Here is a link to that article from the Columbine Master Archive:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT!   RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2020 7:29 pm

The excerpt posted about the 911 calls was hard to read, not just for the contents but Randy's writing style was just hard to read. I have a feeling the book will take me a while to get through because of this. Not the point...

The bigger thing is that Randy has the 911 call! How did he get it?

Reading about the shooting in the library made me feel sick. I do feel like Randy is possibly onto something with why they never released the full tape. Obviously, part of the reason the tape never got released is because it is an audio of children being murdered. However, his theory sits well with me. The section that god leaked in which you can allegedly hear Val being shot does sound very chaotic. It paints a very different picture of what went down in the library than what Randy paints. I have always thought the police were cowards for never entering the building when the shooting was going in.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT!   RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2020 3:34 am

He has a lot of theories written as journal entries, so it can be a bit much to follow... 

He contradicts things from Sue's book, even little things like Sue said in her book she picked out her outfit for Dylan's funeral  (a skirt and blazer) in a rush but Randy says Judy gave her a blazer...

He also said Rachel had a boyfriend at the time and she didn't...

PostSubject: Re: RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT!   RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2020 4:12 am

He pretty much says Sue's book is a lie from start to finish.
He also claims that Eric killed Dylan, and that he told Sue about it, but she didn't want to hear it. He blames her for pushing the idea of Dylan's "suicide".
It's a strange part of the book.
Back to top Go down
milennialrebelette

milennialrebelette

Contribution Points : 59890
Forum Reputation : 725

PostSubject: Re: RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT!   RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2020 4:51 am

asloversgo wrote:
It has a lot of new things. The best part of it is that it is from his journals so it takes you through the roller coaster of it all. Gives a real glimpse of how involved he was with the families and klebolds after the massacre

*how involved HE THOUGHT he was. FIFY
Back to top Go down
milennialrebelette

milennialrebelette

PostSubject: Re: RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT!   RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2020 5:07 am

All I can say from what has been posted here and is available on Kindle is it sounds exactly like things they'd say. Nicknames for kids they didn't know that the kids didn't even use, always trying to put themselves in the middle of what was going on when they weren't. Incorrect details about Rachel (she didn't have a boyfriend they'd broken up in early 98 and $20 there's Judy's favorite theory that Dylan was head over heels in love with her and she was creeped out by him is in there, and all that), who my family knew much better than the Browns ever did. There might be some good information, I won't say that there's not. I don't want to spend a penny helping the Browns especially since they (well Judy, Randy just kind of enables her) were so awful to me about having to work FT while I was in high school and my mom was dying. I don't think he should be making money off telling lies about how close they were with people they weren't.

All I can say though is please use discretion, some of the Browns favorite conspiracy "truths" are things I know aren't true and I'm far from an expert. Especially when it comes to personal truths about how much they know certain people or things like that, that's always been where they like to exaggerate the most.

I know this probably isn't a super popular post of mine and I do know I have problems with the Brown family outside of this so I definitely am biased and am willing to admit it. I would just say approach with caution.
Back to top Go down
Reznor

Reznor

PostSubject: Re: RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT!   RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2020 5:34 am

milennialrebelette wrote:
I don't think he should be making money off telling lies about how close they were with people they weren't.

I don't really think he should make money off of the book at all, it should be donated. What he thinks is the truth should be shared without profit.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT!   RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2020 5:53 am

All I can say from what has been posted here and is available on Kindle is it sounds exactly like things they'd say. Nicknames for kids they didn't know that the kids didn't even use, always trying to put themselves in the middle of what was going on when they weren't. Incorrect details about Rachel (she didn't have a boyfriend they'd broken up in early 98 and $20 there's Judy's favorite theory that Dylan was head over heels in love with her and she was creeped out by him is in there, and all that), who my family knew much better than the Browns ever did. There might be some good information, I won't say that there's not. I don't want to spend a penny helping the Browns especially since they (well Judy, Randy just kind of enables her) were so awful to me about having to work FT while I was in high school and my mom was dying. I don't think he should be making money off telling lies about how close they were with people they weren't.

All I can say though is please use discretion, some of the Browns favorite conspiracy "truths" are things I know aren't true and I'm far from an expert. Especially when it comes to personal truths about how much they know certain people or things like that, that's always been where they like to exaggerate the most.

I know this probably isn't a super popular post of mine and I do know I have problems with the Brown family outside of this so I definitely am biased and am willing to admit it. I would just say approach with caution.

I thought about you and the community of survivors and families when I started reading it, how will this be taken. There is clearly NO love loss 

I also hated when he talked about all the coaches letting people get bullied, I never met Coach Sanders but he was my friends coach and I cannot imagine him allowing it... so I am taking the book with heaps of salt, not just a grain of salt.

Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT!   RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2020 5:55 am

Reznor wrote:
I don't think he should be making money off telling lies about how close they were with people they weren't.

I don't really think he should make money off of the book at all, it should be donated. What he thinks is the truth should be shared without profit.

There are so many organizations that the money could go towards. There is an organization just for survivors, all across the country, their goal is to help.

milennialrebelette

PostSubject: Re: RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT!   RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2020 6:12 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
Reznor wrote:

There are so many organizations that the money could go towards. There is an organization just for survivors, all across the country, their goal is to help.

Agreed, Rebel's Project would be great. Or hell, donate the money to "Richie". Richard has been in a really bad place, I don't know about how he feels about donations but he needs the money waaaaay more than the Brown family does.
Back to top Go down
HanShotFirst
Top Contributor
HanShotFirst

Contribution Points : 64837
Forum Reputation : 1210

PostSubject: Re: RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT!   RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2020 6:35 am

All you have to do is read some of Randy's Facebook posts to realize the guy is just a nut.

PostSubject: Re: RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT!   RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2020 6:57 pm

It's good to hear a perspective about parts of the book from someone who was closer to Columbine than the rest of us here. I always thought Randy tried to be really involved in the shooting after it happened despite having no business being involved in it. When I get my copy, I planned to read it with skepticism. We all already know that Dylan didn't love Rachel and that Dylan shot himself. He has nothing to gain by publishing these lies. I do think that perhaps parts of the book, the parts about the library call and any descriptions of the basement tapes could be true. But his personal relations with the Klebolds make me question him writing any truths about Dylan in particular and how he acted before and during the shooting.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT!   RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2020 9:26 pm

hvernon wrote:

It's good to hear a perspective about parts of the book from someone who was closer to Columbine than the rest of us here. I always thought Randy tried to be really involved in the shooting after it happened despite having no business being involved in it. When I get my copy, I planned to read it with skepticism. We all already know that Dylan didn't love Rachel and that Dylan shot himself. He has nothing to gain by publishing these lies. I do think that perhaps parts of the book, the parts about the library call and any descriptions of the basement tapes could be true. But his personal relations with the Klebolds make me question him writing any truths about Dylan in particular and how he acted before and during the shooting.

I did like hearing about Tom, Tom seemed to not want to deal with their bull shit. 

Also I have not gotten to the part where Judy and Sue have a falling out, if it is even there. However they make it sound like Judy and Sue were sisters practically...

PostSubject: Re: RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT!   RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next