Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting.

Go down 
+19
rabadon55
sscc
STK
sororityalpha
Sabratha
Koltin
Wideawake
ChoSeungHui
MysteryMan
philosopher_king
Mr_Chagrin
Undyne
Lifetime
Z_Splatter
LPorter101
queenfarooq
JayJay
starviego
Jenn
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
queenfarooq

Contribution Points : 102387
Forum Reputation : 10

Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting.   Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 10:39 am

Hale-Bopp wrote:
An article from Langman about the Sandy Hook report. Langman believes that Adam Lanza suffered from schizophrenia that was wrongly diagnosed as Asperger and obsessive compulsive disorder. He also speculates about a possible sexual motive for the attack (pedophilia).
And last but not least, Langman mentions a forthcoming book, where he wants to analyze forty-eight school shooters. I'm really looking forward it!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I think this will probably be an interesting read. I've come across the suggestion Lanza may have suffered from schizophrenia in a couple of other articles, so i'd be interested in what Langman has to say about that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting.   Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 12:44 pm

queenfarooq wrote:
Hale-Bopp wrote:
An article from Langman about the Sandy Hook report. Langman believes that Adam Lanza suffered from schizophrenia that was wrongly diagnosed as Asperger and obsessive compulsive disorder. He also speculates about a possible sexual motive for the attack (pedophilia).
And last but not least, Langman mentions a forthcoming book, where he wants to analyze forty-eight school shooters. I'm really looking forward it!

I think this will probably be an interesting read. I've come across the suggestion Lanza may have suffered from schizophrenia in a couple of other articles, so i'd be interested in what Langman has to say about that.

I didn't read about that theory before, but I also thought about schizophrenia, as I did read about Adam smelling things that were not there. I never came across any mention that linked olfactory hallucinations with Asperger, most sources consider it as a typical symptom of schizophrenia, epilepsy and sometimes depression.
Back to top Go down
Z_Splatter

Contribution Points : 97386
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting.   Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 10:34 am

[quote="queenfarooq"]
Hale-Bopp wrote:
He also speculates about a possible sexual motive for the attack (pedophilia).

Interesting. I did see some evidence collected by police that suggested this as well. Of course they didn't full say what it was, but I wonder if they will ever elaborate on this point.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting.   Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 12:16 am

Posted on January 8, 2014 by Reed Coleman
These quotes were buried at the bottom of a previous post, and with the traffic on this blog increasing drastically, many are probably looking for these forum posts by the Sandy Hook shooter, which were previously unknown. So, I’m re-posting them here.

The below quotes are from (mostly) cached forum threads from the site ShockedBeyondBelief.com, a now-defunct forum dedicated to the Columbine killers, and mass shootings in general. Lanza posted under the username “Smiggles”, up until sometime in early 2012.

Adam Lanza's ShockedBeyondBelief.com forum posts

The Smiggles instances: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Audio of Sandy Hook Shooter Adam Lanza's call-in to a radio show

(It doesn’t appear that the Connecticut State Attorney’s Office was aware of this recording’s existence when they wrapped up their official report last month. Or if they were, they left it out. Which is a shame, because the Sandy Hook shooter practically spells out his motive here, in his own words and voice.)

On December 20th, 2011, Adam Lanza called in to a talk radio program, “AnarchyRadio,” broadcasted on KWVA 88.1FM out of the University of Oregon. Here is the portion of the show that contains the entirety of his call (although he claims his name is “Greg”, it is in fact Adam Lanza, which I will establish later in this post):
--------

Definitely seems genuine. Has an exact, precise tone of speech when presenting long-winded details and facts that seems in keeping with Aspergers. The obsession with chimps and this particular tale seems to be a deliberate calling card dropping, paralleling himself to the chimp and it's seemingly unexpected violent actions taken and the motivations thereof. Very interesting to hear this!  The audio forms a more well rounded picture of an odd, sophisticated, brainy intellectual sounding adult as most of the photos makes him seem like a bug eyed, awkward kid.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118783
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting.   Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 2:34 am

So I was right and "Smiggles" was Lanza? Did anyone here ever have a conversation with him on RPG? I joined in January, 2012 and he hadn't been posting much by then. I also can't help but wonder if the person who wrote this article on January 8th got their evidence of Adam being "Smiggles" from this thread.

Last edited by Jenn on Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:30 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting.   Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 5:57 am

If Smiggles really was Adam, then I think the maybe most odd thing is, that he clearly expressed dislike for Eric Harris on some occasions. That is a least unusual, because Eric tends to be the Shooter who mostly was taken as a role model.

I also would be interested, if anyone her had contact with him. I joined around February 2012 and it seems, like his online activities decreased by that time.
Back to top Go down
JayJay

Contribution Points : 96939

PostSubject: Re: Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting.   Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 2:32 pm

InFiNiNcEX5 wrote:
These quotes were buried at the bottom of a previous post, and with the traffic on this blog increasing drastically, many are probably looking for these forum posts by the Sandy Hook shooter, which were previously unknown. So, I’m re-posting them here.

The below quotes are from (mostly) cached forum threads from the site ShockedBeyondBelief.com, a now-defunct forum dedicated to the Columbine killers, and mass shootings in general. Lanza posted under the username “Smiggles”, up until sometime in early 2012.

The Smiggles instances: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

(It doesn’t appear that the Connecticut State Attorney’s Office was aware of this recording’s existence when they wrapped up their official report last month. Or if they were, they left it out. Which is a shame, because the Sandy Hook shooter practically spells out his motive here, in his own words and voice.)

On December 20th, 2011, Adam Lanza called in to a talk radio program, “AnarchyRadio,” broadcasted on KWVA 88.1FM out of the University of Oregon. Here is the portion of the show that contains the entirety of his call (although he claims his name is “Greg”, it is in fact Adam Lanza, which I will establish later in this post):
--------

Definitely seems genuine. Has an exact, precise tone of speech when presenting long-winded details and facts that seems in keeping with Aspergers. The obsession with chimps and this particular tale seems to be a deliberate calling card dropping, paralleling himself to the chimp and it's seemingly unexpected violent actions taken and the motivations thereof. Very interesting to hear this!  The audio forms a more well rounded picture of an odd, sophisticated, brainy intellectual sounding adult as most of the photos makes him seem like a bug eyed, awkward kid.

Wow, super interesting links.

Now, the connection to primitivism/green anarchy is interesting. So now we have Adam Lanza listening to and reading John Zerzan. Ted Kaczynsky (the Unabomber) writing a primitivist manifesto and corresponding with green anarchists from his super-maximum security prison in Colorado and Eric Harris who has an affinity to primitivist ideas through his ideas about nature and civilization (as well as Nietzsche and Hobbes).

"Is evil something you are? Or is it something you do? My pain is constant and sharp and I do not hope for a better world for anyone. In fact, I want my pain to be inflicted on others. I want no one to escape."
- American Psycho - Bret Easton Ellis (1991)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting.   Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 2:54 pm

JayJay wrote:
InFiNiNcEX5 wrote:

--------

Wow, super interesting links.

Now, the connection to primitivism/green anarchy is interesting. So now we have Adam Lanza listening to and reading John Zerzan. Ted Kaczynsky (the Unabomber) writing a primitivist manifesto and corresponding with green anarchists from his super-maximum security prison in Colorado and Eric Harris who has an affinity to primitivist ideas through his ideas about nature and civilization (as well as Nietzsche and Hobbes).

Pekka-Eric Auvinen also was fascinated by Anarcho Primitivism, especially by the ideas of Kaczynski and Petti Linkola. I think, he made a tribute video to the second one.
Interestingly, Michael Carneal also had the Unabomber Manifesto at his PC, but I don't know how much he was interested to it, ideologically.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting.   Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 4:08 pm

Apparently a lot of the entries by Smiggles, who get quoted in the article are redacted ones. I wonder how the  guy who runs the Blog can read them?

Last edited by Hale-Bopp on Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting.   Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 4:47 pm

I also wonder how the guy who wrote this blog got access to the "Miscellaneous' section on SBB when no other members or guests can? This screen shot of the Misc section from SBB is from November 30, 2013. How come no one else can see this, but he can?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting.   Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 4:56 pm

Jenn wrote:
I also wonder how the guy who wrote this blog got access to the "Miscellaneous' section on SBB when no other members or guests can? This screen shot of the Misc section from SBB is from November 30, 2013. How come no one else can see this, but he can?

Seems like the person either has good hacking skills or is indeed someone from SBB itself. A Mod, or something like that.
Back to top Go down
queenfarooq

PostSubject: Re: Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting.   Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 5:20 pm

Hale-Bopp wrote:
Jenn wrote:

Seems like the person either has good hacking skills or is indeed someone from SBB itself. A Mod, or something like that.

I also wondered how this person got access to the Misc section so recently. If i log into SBB i can't even view my own posts in the Misc section on there let alone other members posts. I can only guess as mentioned there was some kind of hacking involved or there is a straight foreword way of accessing the Misc section that i just don't know about.

EDIT: You can view posts from the SBB Misc section if you search for them on Google. I just typed in "Shocked Beyond Belief Travis the chimp." I clicked on the first link and it took me to SBB but with the message "You are not authorized to read this forum" however there is a little drop down menu just under the link and i was able to see the full post if i clicked on "cached" which looked like this:  

So i guess by this method if you know what you are looking for it would be relatively easy to view post from the SBB Misc section. I don't know if non-members can view this though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting.   Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 8:49 pm

More interesting and LOLzy speculations on the Tumblr-Blog-That-Shall-Remain-Nameless which referenced the chock full o' info Sandy Hook Lighthouse site.

--------------------------

Just something...
I’m just looking through the threads on Shockedbeyondbelief about Adam and Sandy Hook. There was a thread right as the news broke, back when they were reporting Ryan as the perpetrator. It’s so weird seeing people who he spoke to on the site a lot talking about him without knowing it was someone they used to message. Since he didn’t give his name there and used ‘Greg’ on his radio call, they wouldn’t know.

Again it shows how chaotic reports are when a shooting happens, the fatality figures jumping about like crazy, reporting the wrong suspect and somehow patricide got in there? Which changed to fratricide, brother found dead, mother shot in school, Adam’s girlfriend missing, Adam having Ryan’s ID because he was too young to get into bars(never heard that one before!) Such confusing and wrong material comes out at the start of these things! And what the heck is all this?:

""The investigation also uncovered a video of Lanza shooting guns with friends, according to Dr. H. Wayne Carver, the state of Connecticut’s chief medical examiner.” Who are these unnamed friends?  Are they fellow ‘goths,’ referencing the attire Lanza was known to affect, as least for a time? And then there is this little gem: …“My sister went to high school with him,” said Madeline Fletcher, 16. “He was known around the school as the kid who wore a trench coat.” I wouldn’t be surprised to learn that Lanza was a member of Newtown’s own little ‘trenhcoat mafia,’ referring to the infamous gang that was behind the shooting at Denver’s Columbine high school in 1999.  We know that Lanza was under intense observation since entering high school.  What was the school district’s reaction to Adam's new fashion accessory?  Is this the real reason he was red flagged by the school security guy?”

I never heard about that^^^. I’m surprised Marilyn Manson didn’t get blamed again.

But sometimes facts also get lost early on, never to appear again…

Seeing a report that ‘the gunman was unusually accurate with his fire’ is more explained now that we know that many of those shot were all hiding in a bathroom together, with no escape. In the first few days after, there were lots of people describing him, and while there were many saying how they ‘couldn’t see it coming’, there were a fair amount who were saying he was always weird, they weren’t surprised and that he was disconnected from his high school and town.

He redacted his posts on the site quite a lot over time, but most of them were done Feb 11th 2011 around 10:37 am. He did a sort of mass-redaction of his previous posts, but he continued posting on the site until early 2012 so far that I have found, and hadn’t edited those. I’d love to know when his first proper planning thought was, whether he was trying to cover his tracks for a bit on the website. I’d also love them to release what he wrote in his computer documents, like ‘me’ and ‘tomorrow’.

And this is so significant for me - it’s a post from Adam. All the speculation about motives, personalities, truths and lies, what they were thinking,  - this has been most rife with Columbine and Sandy Hook, because there’s no clear motive, there’s unreleased material, Adam, Eric and Dylan killed themselves and took their reasons with them. People have been talking about them for years, we are still interested in their cases, and Adam himself (If this is indeed him) says it right here, that the room for speculation has made Columbine a topic of intense discussion to this day; even for him. I wonder, would there be as much talk and theories about Sandy Hook if it was all laid out black and white? I don’t know what I think about ‘fame’ killing theories,  but it’s like he foresees his own fate here:

Some people on the thread have described Adam as having fame-seeking motives:

"It makes me sick to think that anybody could do such a thing. I bet this sorry excuse of a human being killed elementary school kids because he knew that would give him the most world-wide coverage and that his name and face would be plastered all over newspapers and on television screens around the world."

“Everyone wants their 15 minutes…The media has made this problem much worse and Columbine arguably set the precedent for extreme media coverage relating to mass shootings.  The problem is that a precedent has been set now, you can’t just shoot high school or college students anymore.  You have to hit people with a sledgehammer to get their attention by shooting little fucking kids.  Dead and famous.  This asshole was geared up in combat boots, military fatigues, vests the whole nine yards all to shoot children.  Fucking coward.”

It would fit with the apparent ‘kills count’ tally on the mass murderer spreadsheet, but eh, I don’t know…

And these posts: ”(This case is getting so creepy. I wonder if the shooter left anything behind - writings, videos, pictures. And I wonder if any of that stuff will mention Columbine. )I would be SHOCKED if the shooter had made any mention of Columbine, or was in any way “inspired” by Columbine. The circumstances of these two tragedies are just so different - there’s absolutely no connection between them at all.”

"I’d like to know more about him, it bothers me that he didn’t leave any writing, diary, internet traces (the opposite of what E&D did)."

These are just ironic. Not only did he have a large collection of Columbine documents on his computer but he even POSTED on this very Columbine discussion forum!!!

I wonder if any of the people who were on the forum with him know yet that it was him they used to talk to?…

Last edited by InFiNiNcEX5 on Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting.   Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 8:54 pm

One more from today..

--------------------------

Adam Lanza - You know what he hates!?!?

These are several posts over time by Adam on a thread titled ‘You know what I hate!?!?’ which is a very long thread with users posting the odd thing they hate over the years. I’ve put them in chronological order, but when he says that he was as depressed as he gets in his last post, I don’t know if that meant the ‘value’ one right before, or the one about culture and lying on the floor, or a post on another thread entirely. This is the first self mention of mental health and mood swings I’ve seen.

I don’t know what to make of it all really, I’m finding it really fascinating seeing his own words on things and seeing his personality. I think it’s kinda changed my perspective on him, now that we have a voice and words to match a description and a face, it makes him more real, if you know what I mean. What I’ve seen with the post’s of his I’ve read is that he has a self-awareness. Both about himself, his emotions and about mass murder and motives. The reports about the possible disorders he had - if he did have developmental or mental disorders, it may have affected him offline, we haven’t seen what he was like, only witness reports, but it didn’t affect his logic and self-awareness.

His online activity has kind of made me see him be more capable of the massacre, it shows another side of him that before we’ve only got lists like what he had on his computer or that he was interested in mass murder; these kinda put it into live action. It didn’t come out of nowhere, from someone with shallow views of the world and light interests - he didn’t just collect information on shootings, he discussed them and knew everything about them. I don’t know how far into his mind and behind the workings we see from these. He was pretty anonymous online, some people who are introverted offline show their true selves and thoughts online, while some become over-confident or become a kind of fake persona and under or overexaggerate themselves and things, who knows which if any Adam was. Most people hadn’t seen him for about 3 years, so he could’ve changed a lot from these reports of him in school and become more open.
Most of his posts are facts, providing links to relevant videos and sources of information about shootings. Some are pure innocent humour and witty comments, while a few like these are more personal and show his views and thoughts. What strikes me though is how open and jokey he is about shootings and things, how innocent some comments I’ve seen are, like saying to someone something like ‘Don’t pull a Travis’ and ‘“How about how Mad_Bomber has been here for three years and he still hasn’t gone on a rampage? I thought he would’ve been on my catalog of mass murderers by now” and a couple of other jokey references to other users and shootings. He seemed, apart from the odd post, just like many other people online with an interest in mass murder and a wealth of knowledge of it - I’m sure at least most of them people don’t suspect would actually carry one out themselves :p  I wonder how long he had been planning it, whether he always knew he was going to be added to the list of mass murderers while he was researching them, or if it was more of a sudden decision, and if anything in his research inspired him forward with his plans. It’s like the researcher becomes a topic of the research themselves, featuring in his own catalogue of murders himself, doing what he’d researched for so many years.

Gosh my posts are long. Damn you, years of school indoctrination and essay writing!!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting.   Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 9:29 am

Overlap between “Smiggles” and “Kaynbred”:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting.   Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 6:59 am

My question to Reed Coleman (guy who runs the blog about Sandy Hook):

Me wrote:
Can I ask how you got access to some of the posts? I was a member of SBB and still can log in, but I am not able to see a lot of the posts, you quote.
I can visit some of the pages in cache, but only through a randomly search per Google and its not possible to skip to other pages, because the site denies access.

His answer:

Reed Coleman wrote:
Try searching Google for the URL of the page you want to see. Then check if theres a cached link. Doesn’t always work but often enough.
Are you able to access the result of clicking on the “Smiggles” profile link? I am not a member so have no way of knowing if there’s any info there.

My answer:

Me wrote:
Yes, I can look at smiggles profile and wander through his posts, but only those from the sections, who are still visible (not from the miscellaneous-area for example).
And a lot of his early posts are redacted, apparently done by himself.
Back to top Go down
queenfarooq

PostSubject: Re: Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting.   Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 12:01 pm

Hale-Bopp wrote:
My question to Reed Coleman (guy who runs the blog about Sandy Hook):

Me wrote:
Can I ask how you got access to some of the posts? I was a member of SBB and still can log in, but I am not able to see a lot of the posts, you quote.
I can visit some of the pages in cache, but only through a randomly search per Google and its not possible to skip to other pages, because the site denies access.

His answer:

Reed Coleman wrote:
Try searching Google for the URL of the page you want to see. Then check if theres a cached link. Doesn’t always work but often enough.
Are you able to access the result of clicking on the “Smiggles” profile link? I am not a member so have no way of knowing if there’s any info there.

My answer:

Me wrote:
Yes, I can look at smiggles profile and wander through his posts, but only those from the sections, who are still visible (not from the miscellaneous-area for example).
And a lot of his early posts are redacted, apparently done by himself.

Wow this must have taken quite some time to find all the entries. I guess he must have searched for many specific topics / themes that have been mentioned in the Sandy Hook documents (as well as other places), then checked to see if 'Smiggles' made any similar posts on SBB. Great research job though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting.   Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 8:15 pm

Another off Tumblr..

Adam Lanza's dream
This post from Smiggles was in a thread titled ‘Dreams’ where members wrote about their Columbine-related dreams. Adam’s dream only has one brief Columbine reference, and mainly focuses on his brother. I think I remember reading that Ryan’s bedroom was in the basement before he moved out?

"I affectionately embraced her in my arms and tenderly kissed her."

This is such a beautiful sentence, and then he tosses her over the railings with anger!!

I also noticed how, in under year he would be staying in his extremely dark bedroom during a power outage in Hurricane Sandy. The link to the picture no longer works but it contained the phrase ‘ethereal filcher’ which is a monster in the game Dungeons and Dragons:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting.   Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 8:49 pm

Here's a slightly eerie video of Adam Lanza. In July, a few months before he'd murder so many children and teachers, he's seen playing DDR2 and doing -seemingly- normal things. No one knew what he was planning... creepy.
Back to top Go down
Lifetime

Contribution Points : 102153

PostSubject: Re: Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting.   Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 9:55 pm

Langmans writing a book about 48 school shooters  Shocked. I guess 10 wasn't enough. I'll be looking forward to it though cause I really liked "Inside the Mind of School Shooters".

PostSubject: Re: Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting.   Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 4:58 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Strange how much you can find on google images, even when you're not directly searching for sandy hook related photos.
Back to top Go down
Undyne

Contribution Points : 101888
Forum Reputation : 27

PostSubject: Re: Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting.   Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 8:47 pm

I became a member of SBB in 2010, but I don't really remember Smiggles.

I'm going through his posts, and I've made these observations:

1. He actually had a sense of humor.  Shocked 

2. He says the following at one point:

"Literature is simply another coping mechanism for children who've been mindfucked by culturapists. They're carried to other worlds in the stream of semen."

User gluth says, "Doesn't anybody else notice that Smiggles sometimes sends huge "I AM A PEDOPHILE" signals?"

Well then.

3. He describes himself as a compulsive organizer at one point.

4. He talks about Breivik and makes comments about being sexually attracted to him, although he might have been joking. Hard to tell.

5. At one point he says that his wet dream is to live in the wild with apes.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting.   Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 9:31 pm

sergeant hartman wrote:

1.  He actually had a sense of humor.   Shocked 

2.  He says the following at one point:

"Literature is simply another coping mechanism for children who've been mindfucked by culturapists. They're carried to other worlds in the stream of semen."

User gluth says, "Doesn't anybody else notice that Smiggles sometimes sends huge "I AM A PEDOPHILE" signals?"

Well then.

4. He talks about Breivik and makes comments about being sexually attracted to him, although he might have been joking.  Hard to tell.

"They're carried to other worlds in the stream of semen" What the hell does this even mean?
Back to top Go down
JayJay

Contribution Points : 96939

PostSubject: Re: Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting.   Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 2:22 am

Lananas wrote:
sergeant hartman wrote:

1.  He actually had a sense of humor.   Shocked 

2.  He says the following at one point:

Well then.

4. He talks about Breivik and makes comments about being sexually attracted to him, although he might have been joking.  Hard to tell.

"They're carried to other worlds in the stream of semen" What the hell does this even mean?

Yeah, that, and also the first sentence: ''Literature is simply another coping mechanism for children who've been mindfucked by culturapists.''

Culturapists. Sounds like something cable channel hosts do. Talk radio puppets and misguided high school teacher forcefully assigning books to read, maybe?

"Is evil something you are? Or is it something you do? My pain is constant and sharp and I do not hope for a better world for anyone. In fact, I want my pain to be inflicted on others. I want no one to escape."
- American Psycho - Bret Easton Ellis (1991)
Back to top Go down
Mr_Chagrin

Contribution Points : 100581

PostSubject: Re: Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting.   Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 12:54 pm

Here's another link to the audio

also in the article references the username "Smiggles" the user from the SBB forum.
Back to top Go down
philosopher_king

philosopher_king

Contribution Points : 101347
Forum Reputation : 8

PostSubject: Re: Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting.   Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 3:03 pm

I remember smiggles. I don't recall talking to him, but he might have contributed to my forum question on mental illness or possibly answered the poll question which listed A.S.
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

Contribution Points : 150640
Forum Reputation : 2754

PostSubject: Re: Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting.   Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 8:51 pm

It's hard to call the news a shock. I've been expecting something like this for a long time.

As a former moderator, I can say unequivocally that if I ever had the slightest inkling that this kid was making specific threats and/or plans, I would have contacted law enforcement.

Earlier today I picked up a copy of the dead-tree edition of the New York Daily News. (I live in Miami, where there are lots of New York transplants.) Adam Lanza's face was plastered on the cover. Little did I know that the article inside referenced SBB by name.

PostSubject: Re: Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting.   Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 9:16 pm

LPorter101 wrote:
It's hard to call the news a shock. I've been expecting something like this for a long time.

As a former moderator, I can say unequivocally that if I ever had the slightest inkling that this kid was making specific threats and/or plans, I would have contacted law enforcement.

Earlier today I picked up a copy of the dead-tree edition of the New York Daily News. (I live in Miami, where there are lots of New York transplants.) Adam Lanza's face was plastered on the cover. Little did I know that the article inside referenced SBB by name.

Whenever there's a tragedy, a new one that's even worse pops up somehow. The aurora shooting happens in July? Sandy Hook happens a few months later. Columbine? A huge number of copycat shootings surface (with one being 8 days after in Alberta), and then there was Virginia Tech. I have a bad feeling that Columbine probably sent a message to these people that if you murder a bunch of people, you get to be famous.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting.   Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 10:20 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting.   Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 6:23 pm

This information to me is shocking. I mean the forum used to be a place where we could discuss the columbine shooting and other tragedies objectively, it never occurred to me that one of the users would be able to do something this horrible. Naive, I know.

It really bothers me. :/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting.   Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 12:36 am

The author of "Newton: An American tragedy" explains why he thinks, that Adam did target children, based on the posts on SBB:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting.   Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 12:47 am

Hale-Bopp wrote:
The author of "Newton: An American tragedy" explains why he thinks, that Adam did target children, based on the posts on SBB:

Just read that one.  Great article.  Might pick up his book.

It's ironic that all the official reports came out and the end result was "well, we still don't know why" and then Lanza's radio call and forum posts bubble up from the surface - and he. himself, essentially tells us why in a round 'about kind of way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting.   Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 3:15 pm

I can imagine this has already been posted on the forum somewhere but I came across this video of some guy playing DDR.

The person claiming to have made the video states that it is Lanza.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting.   Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 3:55 pm

Greetje wrote:
I can imagine this has already been posted on the forum somewhere but I came across this video of some guy playing DDR.

The person claiming to have made the video states that it is Lanza.

Yep. Already posted on Page 3 in this thread.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting.   Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 3:59 pm

Whoops, I'm such a sloppy reader, apologies.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting.   Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 11:04 pm

SBB Smiggles archive:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting.   Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 7:56 am

Hm I remember the stream of semen and the castrated-myself-at-15- posts. But still, those posts did not make me worry if he would go on a shooting spree. I just figured he was a bit out there, never responded to his posts either I think.

Was there anyone on here that WAS worried about him doing something like this?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting.   Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 1:28 pm

InFiNiNcEX5 wrote:
SBB Smiggles archive:

Ahh, that is wonderful!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting.   Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 10:02 am

i found this that claimes that he posted on the old coulmunbie message board [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
queenfarooq

PostSubject: Re: Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting.   Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 11:19 am

outlaw wrote:
i found this that claimes that he posted on the old coulmunbie message board [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thanks for the article. I was very skeptical at first as to weather Smiggles on SBB was actually Lanza, but the evidence as outlined in this thread seems to be mounting. His posts from the old forum now seem to be everywhere.

Just from the above article:
"made hundreds of posts on a now-defunct online forum, "Shocked and Beyond," that focused on mass shootings after Columbine."  scratch
Back to top Go down
queenfarooq

PostSubject: Re: Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting.   Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 3:01 pm

Newtown residents want gunman's house torn down

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting.   Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 7:53 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Saw this floating around somewhere. Do any of you think it could be Adam? The shooting did start at 9:30...
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting.   Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 8:38 am

Dylan and Eric's suicide photos are not allowed to be posted on this board. I have edited your photo and removed the suicide photo.

Back to top Go down
Jenn
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting.   Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2014 9:22 pm

I've been watching this show a bit lately and thought this was a nice tribute.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting.   Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 7:11 am

I found two other posts by smiggles, who appear interesting: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

In almost every news about Adams internet history, the start for his interest for Mass Shootings was places around 2009. However, in the "How did you find the forum"-Thread on SBB, Adam wrote that he found the board at the end of 2006, making him 14 years old at the time.

In another posts, Adam asks another User a question without quoting him and comments it with " I don't quote people when I post directly after them, because eye-contact upsets me."

This sounds so odd, that I now think if it might be possible that Adams writing style- who often appears humorous- was just him being honest about his completely messed up mindset. This post might be an example.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting.   Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 11:25 am

Lananas wrote:
LPorter101 wrote:

Whenever there's a tragedy, a new one that's even worse pops up somehow. The aurora shooting happens in July? Sandy Hook happens a few months later. Columbine? A huge number of copycat shootings surface (with one being 8 days after in Alberta), and then there was Virginia Tech. I have a bad feeling that Columbine probably sent a message to these people that if you murder a bunch of people, you get to be famous.

I dont think they (most of them atleast) do it because they want to be famous.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting.   Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 11:38 am

Hale-Bopp wrote:
If Smiggles really was Adam, then I think the maybe most odd thing is, that he clearly expressed dislike for Eric Harris on some occasions. That is a least unusual, because Eric tends to be the Shooter who mostly was taken as a role model.

I also would be interested, if anyone her had contact with him. I joined around February 2012 and it seems, like his online activities decreased by that time.

He really was Smiggles that has been confirmed, What do you mean with he has taken Eric as role model?
Back to top Go down
MysteryMan

Contribution Points : 90258
Forum Reputation : 12

PostSubject: Re: Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting.   Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 8:07 am

I add a raport about Lanza's mental health for those whom haven't read that yet.
Back to top Go down
ChoSeungHui
William Atchison
March 18, 1996 -
December 7, 2017
ChoSeungHui

Contribution Points : 85636
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting.   Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 9:15 pm

Alright I'm a day late but.. Yesterday was the 2nd anniversary of Sandy Hook.. Time flies.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting.   Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2015 10:42 am

Lananas wrote:
LPorter101 wrote:

Perhaps they "kick started a revolution" after all...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting.   Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next