Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Alejo Garza Tamez (2010), and a Brazilian farmer (2015) and self-defense

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Alejo Garza Tamez (2010), and a Brazilian farmer (2015) and self-defense Empty
PostSubject: Alejo Garza Tamez (2010), and a Brazilian farmer (2015) and self-defense   Alejo Garza Tamez (2010), and a Brazilian farmer (2015) and self-defense Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 6:09 pm

Hello. I posted a message requesting my account deletion because I was in a very bad day but I came back and requested my account not be deleted. Besides that, I did recently found about Alejo Garza Tamez, who killed four Los Zetas criminals in 2010 and, subsequently, a Brazilian farmer who killed three criminals in 2015. The stories are really interesting.

Alejo Garza Tamez story (from Spanish Wikipedia):
Alejo Garza Tamez (1933 - November 14, 2010) better known as Don Alejo, was a Mexican businessman and hunter. Don Alejo made news when he died heroically after having a shootout against an organized crime group that demanded that he hand over his property to them. Garza Tamez wounded two and killed four of the criminals.

Members of organized crime (from the Los Zetas group) demanded Alejo's ranch on November 13, 2010, and warned him that he had 24 hours to leave his property. Alejo Garza, 77, refused to hand it over. He gathered the workers on his ranch and ordered them not to show up for work the next day. That morning the vehicles of the criminals entered the ranch and were placed in front of the house. The assassins exited the truck, fired a burst into the air and exclaimed that they would seize the ranch. Garza Tamez responded with gunshots and the armed group opened fire against the house. The robbers increased their attack and switched from long weapons to hand grenades. Despite the numerical difference, the criminals did not deprive him of the ranch and fled before the arrival of the military. Don Alejo took cover on his farm, killing four of the attackers and wounding two more.

Elements of the Mexican Navy arrived at Alejo's ranch, called "San José", located 15 kilometers from Ciudad Victoria, Tamaulipas. The elements found the main house partially destroyed by bullet holes and grenade explosions. They found six abandoned bodies outside the estate, four dead and two unconscious. Inside the house they found only the body of Alejo Garza Tamez next to two weapons, with only 2 bullet wounds, one in the chest and the other in the head, his cause of death was due to the splinters of the grenades.

Upon inspection of the ranch, it was revealed that guns and shell casings were found in all the windows and doors. It was finally understood that Alejo had designed his strategy to fight alone, placing weapons on all doors and windows.

Source: Alejo's article on Wikipedia. I heard that Alejo was, perhaps, brought down by a rocket-propelled grenade, but I can't confirm this.

Brazilian farmer story (from a Brazilian news article):
The attempted robbery of a rural property on Sunday afternoon (11) ended with four criminals killed in Terra Roxa, in western Paraná.

According to information from the Military Police (PM), the assailants arrived at the property, told the farmer they were thirsty and asked for water. When they were served, they surrendered the owner and announced the crime. The criminals arrived at the scene in a Gol car and were armed with a 12-gauge shotgun and a pistol.

What they did not expect was the reaction of the farmer, who was not named. He managed to disarm the assailant with the shotgun and fired at the four. Ângelo Moringo Neto, 19 years old, Reinaldo Batista Bauer, 20 years old, and Leonardo Zuze Fleitas, 19 years old died on the spot. The fourth member of the group, identified as Charles Henrique Brito da Silva, 22 years old, altough wounded managed to escape.

In the house were more people who managed to call the Military Police (PM). The police tried to approach the injured assailant, but he responded with gunfire and PM retaliated, killing him. According to soldier Wilson Gomes, of the PM, a fifth member of the gang had fled on a motorcycle when the shooting began.

For the police, the farmer acted in self-defense. He assumed he had engaged in a hand-to-hand fight with one of the assailants and shot the group. "He is calm, he said he will not leave the residence because of what happened," says soldier Gomes.

Everyone involved had already passed through the police. Charles Henrique Brito da Silva and Leonardo Zuze Fleitas are fugitives from the public jail in Cascavel, from where they escaped on December 5 of last year along with 21 other prisoners.

The bodies of the suspects were sent to the Toledo Medical Institute (IML).

Source: Fazendeiro reage a assalto e mata três criminosos no Oeste do Paraná

Unfortunately I have no opinions to form about those two cases, as I'm extremely bad about forming opinions about self-defense, gun rights, etc. I only have to say is that I hope Alejo is resting in peace.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alejo Garza Tamez (2010), and a Brazilian farmer (2015) and self-defense   Alejo Garza Tamez (2010), and a Brazilian farmer (2015) and self-defense Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 6:11 pm

I'm glad you decided to stay. You are one of my favorite posters.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alejo Garza Tamez (2010), and a Brazilian farmer (2015) and self-defense   Alejo Garza Tamez (2010), and a Brazilian farmer (2015) and self-defense Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:37 pm

Ivan wrote:
Thank you Ivan! Also, could you move this thread to "Other Mass Shootings"? I forgot that Alejo and the Brazilian's farmer stories were self-defense mass shootings. Regards!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alejo Garza Tamez (2010), and a Brazilian farmer (2015) and self-defense   Alejo Garza Tamez (2010), and a Brazilian farmer (2015) and self-defense Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 9:50 pm

Enesbrietchvonfrederitch wrote:
Ivan wrote:
Thank you Ivan! Also, could you move this thread to "Other Mass Shootings"? I forgot that Alejo and the Brazilian's farmer stories were self-defense mass shootings. Regards!
Sure, that isn't a problem.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alejo Garza Tamez (2010), and a Brazilian farmer (2015) and self-defense   Alejo Garza Tamez (2010), and a Brazilian farmer (2015) and self-defense Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2021 5:07 pm

Count Dankula did a video on Alejo Garza Tamez.

R.I.P Alejo Garza Tamez, a true hero.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alejo Garza Tamez (2010), and a Brazilian farmer (2015) and self-defense   Alejo Garza Tamez (2010), and a Brazilian farmer (2015) and self-defense Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alejo Garza Tamez (2010), and a Brazilian farmer (2015) and self-defense
Page 1 of 1