Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Veik's Vengeance

Go down 
+14
Lizpuff
meowitscow
PaintItBlack
human_abstract
rockiemontana
shades
JayJay
Wideawake
queenfarooq
tfsa47090
Jenn
maninthebox
jettfyre80
Mj2beat
18 posters
AuthorMessage

Veik's Vengeance  Empty
PostSubject: Veik's Vengeance    Veik's Vengeance  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 1:41 pm

Some concise bullet point accounts about Veik from the 11k documents:

1) Veik rode to school with Harris, worked with him in video class, and reportedly seemed to idolize him.

2) On 4/20, he was the author of the “Thought of the Day”.

3) In Fall 1999, he was removed from CHS for making comments which were construed to be a possible threat of a repeat of 4/20.

(10925) 
On 5-11-99 1205 I was contacted by Inv. Don Estep who had information a student at Chatfield High School may have in his possession enough gasoline and flares to blow up Chatfield High School. The student identified was Eric Veik, Inv. Estep told me he was contacted by Lt. Dennis Potter who spoke with the mother of John Ungerland who had a conversation with Eric the day before about being able to blow up Chatfield High School. ….
[Comment— Veik was investigated for this incident but was not arrested]
On October 20th a 17-year old Columbine High student, Eric Veik, was arrested and jailed (with bond set at an astronomical $500,000) on the night of October 19th on charges of “inciting destruction of life or property, and theft for allegedly stealing a school microphone”. Officials were given word of the student’s plans, which included a diagram of the school and other writings, by a fellow student who had heard him say he would “finish the job” in the wake of the April 20th tragedy by initiating another shooting.
"He said something recently about how he craves attention, that he’d do pretty much anything to get attention,” said Mike Casey, a classmate who has worked with the suspect on the school play. "I said, "Not what Eric and Dylan did,’ and he kind of laughed and that was the end of that.”

[…]
The allegations stemmed in part from a 12-page diary, reportedly found among his possessions at school, that contains threats of violence.
[…]
Friends say the teen was reported to school authorities last year, after Columbine students had resumed classes at nearby Chatfield High School. They say he made some inappropriate remarks about the massacre that were overheard, prompting the district to suggest he not return for the rest of the year.
Some parents had been notified of the arrest Tuesday evening. “He didn’t seem like a kid that would do anything dangerous,” said fellow student Jeffrey DiManna, 18, who was in the video class last year with the boy.

DiManna said the teen spent a lot of time with Harris and Klebold.

"They sat at the same table in class," he said. "They were always together."

The boy is scheduled to return to court Friday. He was held in the Jefferson County jail before a judge Wednesday ordered him moved to a youth detention center.

The boy’s family declined to comment. He is under a suicide watch, county officials said.

Jefferson County sheriff’s officials said the boy told another student he would “finish the job started by Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold.”
Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I do think Veik was very hurt and confused when E & D did the deed, and in a sense, ditched him.  According to Devon Adams, Veik wasn't really considered a friend by Eric and Dylan.  They just sort of used him as they knew he was the 'go to guy' for many aspects of their video production projects.   From, Veik's PoV, he assumed he was a part of E & D's little club against the world.  I also tend to think Veik was nursing the same sorts of hidden frustrations and anger as E  & D. Like Eric, he was small in size and undoubtedly bullied and considered 'that tagalong dork with the vid camera' trailing after the TCM Rammstein boys.  Sadly, he didn't get a whole lot of respect with even those he identified with as his friends.  Simply used.  Veik was the guy that got bumped holding the camera when the jocks crashed past Eric and Mike V. in the 'Eric in Columbine' video.  I get the strong impression that Veik really looked up to Eric's bold, anti-hero style. He idolized him. I I speculate that Veik had a boy crush on Eric, even.

Veik was stunned when E & D finally pulled off what they had been inside joking about for some time and of course, right in earshot of Veik, who never quite took them seriously just like everyone else.  He joked and played the game with them - and then one day it happened.  I know in one news video, Veik was in tears, sniffling in his news interview to paraphrase: 'he knew them. Eric and Dylan were not like that.'   Veik had a hard time processing all of it. He felt completely ditched and betrayed by his pals and just massively confused and devastated by it all.  I speculate that since he harbored the same outcast frustrations as E & D, on some level, he wished they would've included him in the plan.  The angry part of him was sore about it and he thought: we were a team, weren't we?  He felt cheated by them.  Eventually, he kind of lost it and decided it was his turn to attack the school and finish the job his 'friends' started; he so he went about his mini attack recklessly and haphazardly.  Veik even openly bragged to students that all the security put in place after Columbine wasn't enough to stop it from happening again.  Eric Veik was so angry, bereft and depressed, and so unable to process all of the mixed emotions, that he morphed into a copy cat - attempting to follow in "his friends" E & D's footsteps.  Man, just imagine the 500,000 bond after his little breakdown!  

I've seen a somewhat recent pic of Veik. He's still in theater/video production as a career (at least at the time of that photo) and it's on a company website.  Can't recall, off hand.  He looks happy in the snapshot.  I just wish we could get snapshot of him now in retrospect about his experience.  But these 'associates' have burrowed so deep into the wood work in hopes to put Columbine and their association with E & D behind them forever.  Still, it would seem a worthy contribution to society to take their past suffering and put a new, positive spin on it as a 'survivor'.  These folks have 15 years put behind them and to be able to check in with them, if they have the courage to come forward, would be helpful to examine and identify how an average teenager finds himself on a downward spiral path of a next future school shooter.

Last edited by InFiNiNcEX5 on Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Veik's Vengeance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veik's Vengeance    Veik's Vengeance  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 1:52 pm

InFiNiNcEX5 wrote:
These folks have 15 years put behind them and to be able to check in with them, if they have the courage to come forward, would be helpful to examine and identify how an average teenager finds himself on a downward spiral path of a next future school shooter.

Good point and great post. Lots of info here almost all of which is news to me. Thanks!
Back to top Go down

Veik's Vengeance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veik's Vengeance    Veik's Vengeance  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 3:27 pm

Great post! I wonder if Veik would have joined in as a third shooter if Dylan and Eric had let him in on the complete NBK plans and welcomed him into their little fraternity of two?
Back to top Go down
Mj2beat

Contribution Points : 95204
Forum Reputation : 24

Veik's Vengeance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veik's Vengeance    Veik's Vengeance  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 8:32 pm

Wow most of this is new to me, I wonder the same that ThoughtBox and what would happen then if he participate as a third shooter, maybe their plan would be worse and like they originally planned

The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile but that it is indifferent; but if we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death — however mutable man may be able to make them — our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light
Back to top Go down
jettfyre80

Contribution Points : 94385
Forum Reputation : 0

Veik's Vengeance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veik's Vengeance    Veik's Vengeance  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 5:18 am

Now he'll forever be known as the "cinimini guy".

Contribution Points : 99627
Forum Reputation : 8

Veik's Vengeance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veik's Vengeance    Veik's Vengeance  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 8:37 am

jettfyre80 wrote:
A lot of fangirls seems to think it was Harris in the video  Shocked 
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118908
Forum Reputation : 1004

Veik's Vengeance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veik's Vengeance    Veik's Vengeance  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 8:51 am

maninthebox wrote:
jettfyre80 wrote:
That is because a lot of fangirls don't actually research Columbine. If they actually did research Columbine they would know that Eric Harris wasn't even in the car.

Back to top Go down
maninthebox

Contribution Points : 99627
Forum Reputation : 8

Veik's Vengeance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veik's Vengeance    Veik's Vengeance  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 8:57 am

Jenn wrote:
maninthebox wrote:
jettfyre80 wrote:
That is because a lot of fangirls don't actually research Columbine. If they actually did research Columbine they would know that Eric Harris wasn't even in the car.
Exactly. Also, Harris and Veik sound nothing like each other. Fangirls can't even recognise very distinctive voice of their beloved Eric  Evil or Very Mad 
Back to top Go down
tfsa47090
Global Moderator & Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 101188
Forum Reputation : 91

Veik's Vengeance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veik's Vengeance    Veik's Vengeance  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 9:54 am

This is interesting and important information about Veik. Thank you for posting it here, InFiNiNcEX5. And that video that you've mentioned with Veik is really heartbreaking. He was SO incredibly shook up, just beyond flabbergasted.

This is the news report InFiNiNcEX5 discussed in her post if anyone who would like to watch it.

Jenn wrote:
maninthebox wrote:
jettfyre80 wrote:

cheers 

Hooray Jenn!!!

Last time I addressed this whilst in their (the fangirls') "domain", I was harassed and threatened for a good two weeks straight! (This was about two years ago).
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Jenn

Veik's Vengeance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veik's Vengeance    Veik's Vengeance  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 10:25 am

tfsa47090 wrote:
This is interesting and important information about Veik. Thank you for posting it here, InFiNiNcEX5. And that video that you've mentioned with Veik is really heartbreaking. He was SO incredibly shook up, just beyond flabbergasted.

This is the news report InFiNiNcEX5 discussed in her post if anyone who would like to watch it.

Jenn wrote:
maninthebox wrote:
jettfyre80 wrote:

cheers 

Hooray Jenn!!!

Last time I addressed this whilst in their (the fangirls') "domain", I was harassed and threatened for a good two weeks straight! (This was about two years ago).

Harassed and threatened you for 2 weeks straight? So, basically they were bullying you? They were doing exactly what Dylan and Eric hated? Bullying. Oh yea, Dylan and Eric would LOVE them. Rolling Eyes 

Back to top Go down
tfsa47090

Veik's Vengeance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veik's Vengeance    Veik's Vengeance  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 10:43 am

Jenn wrote:
tfsa47090 wrote:
Jenn wrote:
maninthebox wrote:
jettfyre80 wrote:

cheers 

Hooray Jenn!!!

Harassed and threatened you for 2 weeks straight? So, basically they were bullying you? They were doing exactly what Dylan and Eric hated? Bullying. Oh yea, Dylan and Eric would LOVE them. Rolling Eyes 

EXACTLY!!  Laughing
Back to top Go down
jettfyre80

Veik's Vengeance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veik's Vengeance    Veik's Vengeance  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 2:25 am

Those fangirls are scary!

Veik's Vengeance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veik's Vengeance    Veik's Vengeance  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 3:46 am

ThoughtBox wrote:
Great post! I wonder if Veik would have joined in as a third shooter if Dylan and Eric had let him in on the complete NBK plans and welcomed him into their little fraternity of two?

gustopoet wrote:
Good point and great post. Lots of info here almost all of which is news to me. Thanks!

Mj2beat wrote:
Wow most of this is new to me, I wonder the same that ThoughtBox and what would happen then if he participate as a third shooter, maybe their plan would be worse and like they originally planned

You're welcome.  Glad it was fresh and enlightening info. Smile

And, no, I don't think Dylan and Eric would've welcomed Veik into their Blood Brotherhood.  I get the impression Veik was viewed as nothing more than an entertaining tagalong.  He wasn't the material they were looking for.  That would be more like a purposeful, militant, hot head like Chris Morris. Whom, btw, Eric kinda sorta tried to recruit on a few occasions but Morris supposedly turned him down.
Back to top Go down

Veik's Vengeance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veik's Vengeance    Veik's Vengeance  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 3:51 am

tfsa47090 wrote:

Anytime. Smile And thank you for posting the video.  Veik seems so unconsolable and beside himself. Sad I really wish we could find out more about him now and how things really were with him and E & D.  Seems invaluable information.
Back to top Go down

Veik's Vengeance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veik's Vengeance    Veik's Vengeance  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 12:02 pm

Quote :

Neither Harris nor Veik was in the car. ''Cinimini guy'' is Eric Jackson, who attended video class with Dylan and Dustin Gorton.
Back to top Go down

Veik's Vengeance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veik's Vengeance    Veik's Vengeance  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 12:20 pm

MegaloX wrote:
Quote :

Neither Harris nor Veik was in the car. ''Cinimini guy'' is Eric Jackson, who attended video class with Dylan and Dustin Gorton.

That's correct. Eric Jackson is the guy in the backseat filming. His voice sounds nothing like Eric Harris, really.
Back to top Go down
tfsa47090

Veik's Vengeance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veik's Vengeance    Veik's Vengeance  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 2:06 pm

InFiNiNcEX5 wrote:
tfsa47090 wrote:

Anytime. Smile And thank you for posting the video.  Veik seems so unconsolable and beside himself. Sad I really wish we could find out more about him now and how things really were with him and E & D.  Seems invaluable information.

You're very welcome, I was happy to share the video. That one always really struck me, he was incredibly traumatized, like everyone else who had to endure what occurred that day.

InFiNiNcEX5 wrote:
MegaloX wrote:
Quote :

That's correct. Eric Jackson is the guy in the backseat filming.  His voice sounds nothing like Eric Harris, really.

A few years back there was a video someone made of their friend eating cinnaminis with ketchup, and it had a number of moronic comments about how "Eric Harris brought me here" and "Just like Eric Harris!!!". I made a few comments addressing which Eric was actually in the car, and that it was in fact Jackson. I wasn't exactly polite about what I had to say, I must mention, but I didn't just blindly attack them, either. I just made the point that if these people consider themselves "experts" they should do a bit more research into their "heroes" and/or "loverboys". When I made these posts back then pointing this out, no one attacked me there (on youtube), however, the same can't be said about tumblr.
Back to top Go down
jettfyre80

Veik's Vengeance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veik's Vengeance    Veik's Vengeance  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 12:54 am

Too many Erics in Littleton....lol

Veik's Vengeance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veik's Vengeance    Veik's Vengeance  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 2:06 am

what revenge did he get? did it happen in his dreams because that seems to be the only place it happened
Back to top Go down
queenfarooq

Contribution Points : 102512
Forum Reputation : 10

Veik's Vengeance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veik's Vengeance    Veik's Vengeance  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 8:05 pm

dreamman67 wrote:
what revenge did he get? did it happen in his dreams because that seems to be the only place it happened

The 'revenge' certainly seems to have only occurred on a fantasy level. I don't believe Veik ever actually did anything, only spoke about it in the aftermath of the massacre.
Back to top Go down
Wideawake

Wideawake

Contribution Points : 101926

Veik's Vengeance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veik's Vengeance    Veik's Vengeance  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2014 6:32 pm

I'm so glad to see this thread. Erik Veik is probably the #1 person who I would like to speak to regarding Columbine, specifically for his relationship with E&D. Like others said earlier in the post, he seemed to have a little bit of hero worship going on with them, particularly with Eric, while they seemed to have used him as means to an end. Thinking about that kind of attitude, I wonder just how much they let the walls come down in front of him and how much he actually saw and heard. I'm sure that he, like everyone else, thought they were just joking. And I imagine that when the event actually happened, he was equal parts horrified that they had actually gone through with it and devastated that they hadn't included him - not to say that he would have WANTED to join them, but I'm sure it hurt to realize that he wasn't truly a part of things.

Regarding the cinniminis thing, I have attempted to correct fangirls on tumblr before. I have never been bullied or "attacked" for it, simply ignored. This has happened a few times when I have tried to offer correct information, so I have given up.
Back to top Go down
tfsa47090

Veik's Vengeance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veik's Vengeance    Veik's Vengeance  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 1:30 am

Wideawake wrote:

Regarding the cinniminis thing, I have attempted to correct fangirls on tumblr before. I have never been bullied or "attacked" for it, simply ignored. This has happened a few times when I have tried to offer correct information, so I have given up.

This is often the case with a large number of people on that network; they ignore anything that doesn't suit their fantasy. For whatever reason, at the time when I happened to make this point (along with other points) a few years back, this one particular group of people decided to flip out and harass me for a couple of weeks.

And most people give up for the exact same reasons you did, I have noticed. There are some really intelligent, insightful, and even humorous blogs concerning the subject there. It was one of the reasons why I joined tumblr in the first place a few years ago; so I could interact with them. But most of them lose interest, or get sick of the other things going on there and end up leaving.
Back to top Go down
sdfs

Veik's Vengeance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veik's Vengeance    Veik's Vengeance  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 10:57 pm

You know there is a news video of Viek talking about E&D.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Jenn

Veik's Vengeance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veik's Vengeance    Veik's Vengeance  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 12:30 am

sdfs wrote:

I've seen clips of that before. Does anyone have the entire video?

Back to top Go down
tfsa47090

Veik's Vengeance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veik's Vengeance    Veik's Vengeance  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 5:27 am

Jenn wrote:
sdfs wrote:

I posted the link to the only news report I have ever seen in an earlier post in this thread:

tfsa47090 wrote:

But I have never heard about any other video where he is discussing them.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Jenn

Veik's Vengeance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veik's Vengeance    Veik's Vengeance  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 8:53 am

tfsa47090 wrote:
Jenn wrote:
sdfs wrote:

I posted the link to the only news report I have ever seen in an earlier post in this thread:

tfsa47090 wrote:

Thank you. Yes, I've seen this video before, I think I may have even posted that to my Columbine page before. I am guessing there isn't a full version for that interview though?

Back to top Go down
JayJay

Contribution Points : 97064

Veik's Vengeance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veik's Vengeance    Veik's Vengeance  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 4:41 pm

Jenn wrote:
tfsa47090 wrote:
Jenn wrote:
sdfs wrote:

tfsa47090 wrote:

Thank you. Yes, I've seen this video before, I think I may have even posted that to my Columbine page before. I am guessing there isn't a full version for that interview though?

In the  video comments, there may be a survivor from the library commenting, PurpleKnightSaber.  Don't know if it's legit. Says she was under the table beside Kasey (maybe she meant Cassie but she spells it more than once, Kasey). However Cassie and Steve Curnow were not under the same table when shot at. She says: ''They did a little more than walk by. Eric shot Kacey and Steven Curnow (who were both next to me) and shortly after that put down his gun literally RIGHT ABOVE my head. I don't think I ever held my breath for so long in my life.''

''Imagine bracing yourself to be shot after hearing the girl right next to you being shot, going deaf from the blast. Imagine bracing for a gun blast to tear through your ribs, then hearing nothing, then wondering WHY you had been spared, WHY nothing came. My memory is getting a little fuzzy after ten years, but I will ALWAYS remember that. Adjectives fail to describe that moment.''

Then: ''You never react the way you think you will. A few weeks before, I'd figured IF it ever happened at my school, that I'd be crying and screaming, but the opposite happened: I went numb. The shot of me in the video is about two hours after I got out of the library, and you can see I'm just completely numb and dazed, wandering aimlessly. Having been in there, I spent the rest of the day patting myself down to make sure I really hadn't been shot. It was just surreal.''

"Is evil something you are? Or is it something you do? My pain is constant and sharp and I do not hope for a better world for anyone. In fact, I want my pain to be inflicted on others. I want no one to escape."
- American Psycho - Bret Easton Ellis (1991)
Back to top Go down
queenfarooq

Contribution Points : 102512
Forum Reputation : 10

Veik's Vengeance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veik's Vengeance    Veik's Vengeance  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 5:03 pm

I think PurpleKnightSaber may be a member here (Yumeko Chan) If i recall correctly she was under a table with/ nearby Kasey (not Cassie, two different people).

EDIT: Kasey Ruegsegger i believe was beside Steven Curnow in the library.

If i am incorrect please feel free to correct me, i'm just going off memory here and didn't check any notes.
Back to top Go down
tfsa47090

Veik's Vengeance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veik's Vengeance    Veik's Vengeance  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 6:14 pm

I am almost certain that PurpleKnightSaber is Yumeko Chan (Amanda).

Of course, she will have to confirm it herself the next time she logs in and sees this.

I could have sworn she discussed/mentioned that PurpleKnightSaber was her account, or perhaps she had it linked on a profile or something a long while back.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Contribution Points : 79861
Forum Reputation : 38

Veik's Vengeance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veik's Vengeance    Veik's Vengeance  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2016 12:33 am

I pitied him. Any word on his current whereabouts?

Contribution Points : 75361

Veik's Vengeance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veik's Vengeance    Veik's Vengeance  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2016 2:49 am

At the end of sue's interview with diane sawyer back in feb, a man in shadow spoke of himself who as a teen had seriously contemplated an attack at his school.  He basically said how glad he is now that he didnt follow through with his plan because his life is now happy and fulfilling. A member on this board, i think it was LPorter (whatever happened to him anyway?) speculated that the man in shadow was eric veik.  If true, it would seem mr veik is doing well in life now
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Veik's Vengeance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veik's Vengeance    Veik's Vengeance  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2016 3:11 am

rockiemontana wrote:
At the end of sue's interview with diane sawyer back in feb, a man in shadow spoke of himself who as a teen had seriously contemplated an attack at his school. He basically said how glad he is now that he didnt follow through with his plan because his life is now happy and fulfilling. A member on this board, i think it was LPorter (whatever happened to him anyway?) speculated that the man in shadow was eric veik. If true, it would seem mr veik is doing well in life now
Mmmmm...I....uh, I don't think it's him.

Why would he choose to hide his identity years later to tell he's doing fine? but it's strange though like, he's as good as unsearchable. Maybe he changed his name and move states or whatever. If any of the boys' comrades ought to get checked on I feel Veik should be the one. Poor poor guy.

Contribution Points : 81721

Veik's Vengeance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veik's Vengeance    Veik's Vengeance  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2016 3:16 am

Veik has always been an interest to me. It was already shocking that the shooting was carried out by two people instead of one, and Veik makes for a third person who potentially could have participated under different circumstances. The fact that it wasn't just a lone mentally deranged perpetrator shows the kind of environment these kids were living in, as well as the thought processes of teenage boys in general.

However, I still wonder about these allegations. I've heard stories of several other CHS students being removed from school due to questionable comments in the wake of the massacre. With the hypersensitive environment at the time, even mentioning Columbine was the equivilant of yelling 'BOMB' in an airplane. I'm curious about the journal police retrieved and if it reveals a more serious plan. I'm inclined to believe the things he said were watched much more closely than others due to his previous association with E&D, and even harmless words were taken seriously.
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 96691
Forum Reputation : 52

Veik's Vengeance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veik's Vengeance    Veik's Vengeance  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2016 3:40 am

Speaking for myself,I do believe that Veik is the one in shadow.After listening to the interview many times and comparing the voices it sounds like him to me.
I think he would have felt comfortable doing this because nobody would know it was him unless they knew him personally or a small percentage of hard core Columbiners /researchers like us.
Most people from his past at least already know what happened.
I have to hand it to him.Its not easy to come back from where he was and him spending about a year in that juvie center probably put him somewhat behind in school but he turned his life around and has done very well as he is married and has a career he enjoys.

If this could have only happened for E &D as well.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Veik's Vengeance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veik's Vengeance    Veik's Vengeance  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2016 3:48 am

It does sound like Veik, though he obviously has gained some weight then through the lovely silhouette.
If it's him it's good, thank God he's gotten better. I guess I could understand why we think it's him through the context of his story the narrator made.

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 96691
Forum Reputation : 52

Veik's Vengeance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veik's Vengeance    Veik's Vengeance  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2016 3:51 am

liquorvamp wrote:
It does sound like Veik, though he obviously has gained some weight then through the lovely silhouette.
If it's him it's good, thank God he's gotten better.

I do believe its him, but I respect the opinions of those who disagree or just aren't sure.It's wonderful.I feel very happy for him.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Veik's Vengeance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veik's Vengeance    Veik's Vengeance  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2016 4:16 am

human_abstract wrote:
Veik has always been an interest to me. It was already shocking that the shooting was carried out by two people instead of one, and Veik makes for a third person who potentially could have participated under different circumstances. The fact that it wasn't just a lone mentally deranged perpetrator shows the kind of environment these kids were living in, as well as the thought processes of teenage boys in general.

However, I still wonder about these allegations. I've heard stories of several other CHS students being removed from school due to questionable comments in the wake of the massacre. With the hypersensitive environment at the time, even mentioning Columbine was the equivilant of yelling 'BOMB' in an airplane. I'm curious about the journal police retrieved and if it reveals a more serious plan. I'm inclined to believe the things he said were watched much more closely than others due to his previous association with E&D, and even harmless words were taken seriously.

Veik is like the overlooked underdog of the whole thing. If you think about it, he's much more of a loser than Eric & Dylan really. He ended up forgotten! Even the boys felt more superior than he was and he wasn't cool enough to them to be part of NBK. The betrayal that he felt post-Columbine is a little hard to grasp because I think in his head, he felt like he was left out of a suicide pact or something. Like he probably wanted to be dead as his friends are.
I do agree and share your sentiment that right after Columbine, everything was so fragile, and any bit of possible harm will be harped on so fast.

Contribution Points : 75361

Veik's Vengeance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veik's Vengeance    Veik's Vengeance  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2016 4:21 am

I can understand why he would conceal his identity. To admit on national tv that you almost became a mass murderer could have ramifications. Imagine explaining THAT to a current or future employer... I dont know if it was eric veik or not. It was an idea that tossed around the board a while back. I like to think that it was him because he was so thankful for the life he has now. But Im one of those weirdos who wants everything to have a happy ending
Back to top Go down
meowitscow

meowitscow

Contribution Points : 74270

Veik's Vengeance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veik's Vengeance    Veik's Vengeance  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2016 6:45 am

I wonder what's with him now. Question

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 96299
Forum Reputation : 1190

Veik's Vengeance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veik's Vengeance    Veik's Vengeance  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2016 8:35 am

If he was the guy in the shadow then good for him. I am glad he has moved on with his life.

The comments he made after the massacre he explained away as a hypothetical what if type of joke. Although all of the boys involved tried to deny the conversations at first and then finally relented and seemed extremely embarrassed.

For Eric V, I am not sure how much of it really was a joke. I mean, your two "friends" just shot and killed students and a teacher and tried to blow up a school, and here you sit months later contemplating bringing in pipes and gas into the school.....great "joke"

shades

shades

Veik's Vengeance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veik's Vengeance    Veik's Vengeance  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2016 8:50 am

Lizpuff wrote:

For Eric V, I am not sure how much of it really was a joke. I mean, your two "friends" just shot and killed students and a teacher and tried to blow up a school, and here you sit months later contemplating bringing in pipes and gas into the school.....great "joke"

He felt left out. When I first learnt about Veik's ordeal during his time at Chatfield, I instantly got where he is coming from. Veik, He was as much a loser/outsider as the boys were. If not, more. He was the guy people use and drag along to do their hardwork for them, he was the guy behind the camera, taking orders, etc etc. I don't think he meant it as a joke when he threatened to finish their job initially, because he hated what his friends did + hated that they are dead AND lastly might've wished he was as dead as them too. I think he felt left out that he never knew Eric and Dylan had a murder plan to retaliate to how awful the school was, because Veik might've felt the same exact way and wished HE was the one making his statement by murdering people too.

Last edited by liquorvamp on Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Veik's Vengeance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veik's Vengeance    Veik's Vengeance  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2016 9:10 am

liquorvamp wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:

He felt left out. When I first learnt about Veik's ordeal during his time at Chatfield, I instantly got where he is coming from. Veik, He was as much a loser/outsider as the boys were. If not, more. He was the guy people use and drag along to do their hardwork for them, he was the guy behind the camera, taking orders, etc etc. I don't think he meant it as a joke when he threatened to finish their job initially, because he hated what his friends did + hated that they are dead AND lastly might've wished he was as dead as them too. I think he felt left out that he never knew Eric and Dylan had a murder to plan to retaliate to how awful the school was, because Veik might've felt the same exact way and wished HE was the one making his statement by murdering people too.

True. Poor guy. Makes me hope that the guy in the shadow was him. That way we would have some reassurance that he is doing ok
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Veik's Vengeance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veik's Vengeance    Veik's Vengeance  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2016 9:21 am

Sigh...even after Columbine he's still in the shadows... hahah! lol so sorry
I'm sorry I just made myself crack up. ok that wasn't too nice lol. Sorry Veik. I'm pretty sure he's alright. He's good now.

Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120503
Forum Reputation : 3191

Veik's Vengeance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veik's Vengeance    Veik's Vengeance  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2019 11:55 am

Guest wrote:
Eventually, he kind of lost it and decided it was his turn to attack the school and finish the job his 'friends' started; he so he went about his mini attack recklessly and haphazardly.  Veik even openly bragged to students that all the security put in place after Columbine wasn't enough to stop it from happening again.  Eric Veik was so angry, bereft and depressed, and so unable to process all of the mixed emotions, that he morphed into a copy cat - attempting to follow in "his friends" E & D's footsteps.

This sort of thing gets me wondering, was Veik serious about planning and executing an attack, was he being so open about his intentions in the hope that he would get caught, or was he so emotionally devastated that his "plan" to attack the school was just proverbial lashing out at the horrible situation he found himself in?

Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193357
Forum Reputation : 1317

Veik's Vengeance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veik's Vengeance    Veik's Vengeance  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2019 12:09 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
Guest wrote:
Eventually, he kind of lost it and decided it was his turn to attack the school and finish the job his 'friends' started; he so he went about his mini attack recklessly and haphazardly.  Veik even openly bragged to students that all the security put in place after Columbine wasn't enough to stop it from happening again.  Eric Veik was so angry, bereft and depressed, and so unable to process all of the mixed emotions, that he morphed into a copy cat - attempting to follow in "his friends" E & D's footsteps.

This sort of thing gets me wondering, was Veik serious about planning and executing an attack, was he being so open about his intentions in the hope that he would get caught, or was he so emotionally devastated that his "plan" to attack the school was just proverbial lashing out at the horrible situation he found himself in?

I honestly don’t think he was serious. He was angry, hurt etc.. and lashed out.

whyno

Contribution Points : 67878
Forum Reputation : 50

Veik's Vengeance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veik's Vengeance    Veik's Vengeance  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2019 9:39 pm

Guest wrote:
He wasn't the material they were looking for.  That would be more like a purposeful, militant, hot head like Chris Morris. Whom, btw, Eric kinda sorta tried to recruit on a few occasions but Morris supposedly turned him down.

Does anyone have anything on this? It's always been a personal suspicion of mine that Eric would have either flat out asked Chris to join them, or at least hint at it a bunch to "feel him out."

But it's just a personal hypothesis of mine because I haven't seen or heard any proof that either happened. Is there an interview with Chris that I'm missing? Or where is this "guest" getting that Eric did try to recruit him and he turned Eric down?
Back to top Go down
cakeman

cakeman

Contribution Points : 80622
Forum Reputation : 1491

Veik's Vengeance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veik's Vengeance    Veik's Vengeance  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2019 2:39 am

whyno wrote:
Guest wrote:
He wasn't the material they were looking for.  That would be more like a purposeful, militant, hot head like Chris Morris. Whom, btw, Eric kinda sorta tried to recruit on a few occasions but Morris supposedly turned him down.

Does anyone have anything on this? It's always been a personal suspicion of mine that Eric would have either flat out asked Chris to join them, or at least hint at it a bunch to "feel him out."

But it's just a personal hypothesis of mine because I haven't seen or heard any proof that either happened. Is there an interview with Chris that I'm missing? Or where is this "guest" getting that Eric did try to recruit him and he turned Eric down?

It's in Cullen's book for example that they tried to recruit him. I'm not sure of the primary source he is referring to, if there is one. Also on the basement tapes they say they are hiding napalm at his house, supposedly.

I'm sure the more help they had the better for their plot, but it's hard to buy it when they say things like only blame us, it's a two man war against the world, etc.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Veik's Vengeance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veik's Vengeance    Veik's Vengeance  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2019 8:30 am

I kinda wonder if Dylan tried a few others before settling on Eric. I have no proof but its just a wonder in my mind

QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120503
Forum Reputation : 3191

Veik's Vengeance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veik's Vengeance    Veik's Vengeance  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2019 12:05 pm

Lizpuff wrote:
I kinda wonder if Dylan tried a few others before settling on Eric.  I have no proof but its just a wonder in my mind

I don't doubt that when Dylan was thinking of pairing up with someone and going on a killing spree that Harris wasn't his first choice, but at the same time I think Veik wasn't even on his radar.

Sponsored content

Veik's Vengeance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veik's Vengeance    Veik's Vengeance  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Veik's Vengeance
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: