Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

[[

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SandraSmit19

SandraSmit19

Contribution Points : 103844
Forum Reputation : 235

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2021 5:14 pm

Depends on what you consider 'knowing'. I've read just about everything there is to read about Columbine, seen just about everything there is to see. Does that mean I know everything? Does anyone? A lot of what is known about Columbine is subject to speculation and personal interpretation. I can give my opinion on every aspect of Columbine and I like to think it's always based on something, some fact, but does that mean my knowledge is greater than someone else's?
In other words, I don't know Razz

Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 194046
Forum Reputation : 1317

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2021 8:55 pm

I know random things from living in Littleton and knowing people personally...

Also I researched it from day 1 when I was a teenager, so I can speak on what the community was like then, the online True Crime community that is, and I remember seeing a lot of interviews and hearing the misinformation as it was happening. I did also speak to Brenda Parker back then..I don't know if that counts for anything?

I took a TON of time off from researching though- like 17 years so I am sure a lot more people know more than me!!!

I think we all have strong knowledge of various true crime related subjects etc.. which makes this such an interesting forum.

Kinkeloukaitis likes this post

Back to top Go down
milennialrebelette

milennialrebelette

Contribution Points : 60190
Forum Reputation : 725

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2021 6:22 am

If you count me being in 3rd grade I was at Normandy Elementary that day while my older brother and sister went to Columbine , classes of '02 and '00, and were on campus.

(For everyone else hi!!! Missed you! My self imposed online hiatus to avoid all the intense politics lasted even longer than I thought it might )

Screamingophelia likes this post

Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 98818
Forum Reputation : 154

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2021 10:31 am

Living in Littleton or having siblings at the school probably is beneficial to knowledge in some ways.

However, if you are basing it on proximity to the school, who was there in 1999, whoo was old enough at the time to absorb knowledge of what was going on, who knew people involved then the obvious answer is Randy Brown. By a mile.

In terms of who I’d go to for info for hard facts if I wasn’t sure, it’d be sororityalpha.
Back to top Go down
milennialrebelette

milennialrebelette

Contribution Points : 60190
Forum Reputation : 725

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2021 5:32 am

Draw_It_White wrote:
Living in Littleton or having siblings at the school probably is beneficial to knowledge in some ways.

However, if you are basing it on proximity to the school, who was there in 1999, whoo was old enough at the time to absorb knowledge of what was going on, who knew people involved then the obvious answer is Randy Brown. By a mile.

In terms of who I’d go to for info for hard facts if I wasn’t sure, it’d be sororityalpha.

For the most part I believe you're right. But the problem with Randy is that all his knowledge is mixed with made up conspiracies and straight lies. The actual Columbine community doesn't like the Browns not because of some conspiracy to cover things up but because he has said nasty and down right incorrect things about the students who were there, who were hurt and some who were killed. If you, like so many actual Columbine alumn, like Mr. D, he considers that alone means nothing you believe or say is true. That includes many actual survivors who were there that day and experienced these things.

The problem is because everyone, outside of actual Columbine survivors and families and the community, looks to him as The Expert. And yes he does have a lot of raw data as far as everything about every bullet and extensive police reports. But he combines this data with incorrect rumors, falsehoods and his personal beliefs that interfere with a great deal of his statements.

He's decimated* his entire life to this, in an obsessive way that has destroyed any part of his life outside his dedication to what he believes is his role as the only true expert about the shooting. His book was journal entries seeped in subjective claims, his own feelings and instead of focusing on the stories of survivors as valid, he super imposes his own beliefs. Its become very hard to pick apart what is objectively true and supported by data and validated stories of the experienced of survivors and victims as opposed to what is Randy's feelings, emotions and theories supported by logical fallacies and his own belief in his superiority.

Not trying to start drama again, but just want to make it clear to others that a good chunk of Randy's  claims and statements and what are his own personal feelings, opinions, and disproven rumors. This is the long term belief of the majority of the surviving Columbine community.

*EDIT- That was a typo originally for dedicated but I decided to leave it because he really has destroyed any semblance of his real life, his job in real life, what relationships he managed to have before the shootings with neighbors and co workers (there were many more who already disliked the Browns before the shooting because of their nastiness and awfulness) and the overall real life community. Online he might revel in bragging about his knowledge and popularity among strangers who mostly could be the age of his grandchildren if he had any, or even younger, but in real life Littleton among the real life Columbine community of survivors, victims, neighbors, families he was abhorred for decades but going on 22 years later feelings among many of the community are disgusted pity.

Last edited by milennialrebelette on Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:09 am; edited 1 time in total

Jenn, QuestionMark, cakeman and Ligeya like this post

Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 98818
Forum Reputation : 154

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2021 12:34 pm

milennialrebelette wrote:
Draw_It_White wrote:

For the most part I believe you're right. But the problem with Randy is that all his knowledge is mixed with made up conspiracies and straight lies. The actual Columbine community doesn't like the Browns not because of some conspiracy to cover things up but because he has said nasty and down right incorrect things about the students who were there, who were hurt and some who were killed. If you, like so many actual Columbine alumn, like Mr. D, he considers that alone means nothing you believe or say is true. That includes many actual survivors who were there that day and experienced these things.

The problem is because everyone, outside of actual Columbine survivors and families and the community, looks to him as The Expert. And yes he does have a lot of raw data as far as everything about every bullet and extensive police reports. But he combines this data with incorrect rumors, falsehoods and his personal beliefs that interfere with a great deal of his statements.

He's decimated his entire life to this, in an obsessive way that has destroyed any part of his life outside his dedication to what he believes is his role as the only true expert about the shooting. His book was journal entries seeped in subjective claims, his own feelings and instead of focusing on the stories of survivors as valid, he super imposes his own beliefs. Its become very hard to pick apart what is objectively true and supported by data and validated stories of the experienced of survivors and victims as opposed to what is Randy's feelings, emotions and theories supported by logical fallacies and his own belief in his superiority.

Not trying to start drama again, but just want to make it clear to others that a good chunk of Randy's  claims and statements and what are his own personal feelings, opinions, and disproven rumors. This is the long term belief of the majority of the surviving Columbine community.

I see Randy has it in for Mr D in a lot of things I’ve seen, read and when I’ve corresponded with him.

You are obviously a fan of his (Mr D, not Randy! and it’s great he helped your family out when your mum was poorly and things like that).

I’d be interested in your views as to whether you felt the school, and therefore Mr D failed any of Eric & Dylan, victims, the school as a whole both before and during the massacre?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[[
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: