Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Confronting Columbine podcast

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ladyloki616

Ladyloki616

Contribution Points : 42637
Forum Reputation : 0

Confronting Columbine podcast Empty
PostSubject: Confronting Columbine podcast   Confronting Columbine podcast Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2021 9:20 am

I saw on Spotify a new podcast started called calling Confronting Columbine. One of the survivors Amy Over talks about her experience that day. She talks to other survivors, the police and other people who were there that day.
I listen to the first episode and enjoyed it. The only thing is it is done my wondery. They do good podcast stories but have too many adverts. I did try their trial for the month but even with that, I was still getting loads of adverts. The first episode didn't have many which were good.

Here the link:- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Here is the description of the podcast:-
Amy Over is the host of Confronting: Columbine and was a senior at Columbine High School in 1999. On April 20, 1999, Amy was eating lunch in the cafeteria with friends when her school was violently attacked by two fellow students. She hid under a table fearing the worst when her basketball coach indicated that the kids in the cafeteria needed to run. As Amy ran toward the exit, the killers shot into the crowd of students Amy was in. Amy narrowly escaped with her life. She remembers fleeing past slain bodies of her classmates. Amy ran a half mile to a stranger’s home and took shelter there to catch her breath and call her mother. She has been dealing with the trauma of that day ever since.

Part of her healing has been helping other survivors of mass trauma as the Director of Fundraising and Project Journey Coordinator for The Rebels Project since 2015.

Amy has a bachelor’s degree in criminal justice and has completed level one trauma assistance training through Colorado Victims Assistance academy.

Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 98088
Forum Reputation : 440

PostSubject: Re: Confronting Columbine podcast   Confronting Columbine podcast Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2021 2:59 pm

Ladyloki616 wrote:
I saw on Spotify a new podcast started called calling Confronting Columbine. One of the survivors Amy Over talks about her experience that day. She talks to other survivors, the police and other people who were there that day.
I listen to the first episode and enjoyed it. The only thing is it is done my wondery. They do good podcast stories but have too many adverts. I did try their trial for the month but even with that, I was still getting loads of adverts. The first episode didn't have many which were good.

Amy Over is the host of Confronting: Columbine and was a senior at Columbine High School in 1999. On April 20, 1999, Amy was eating lunch in the cafeteria with friends when her school was violently attacked by two fellow students. She hid under a table fearing the worst when her basketball coach indicated that the kids in the cafeteria needed to run. As Amy ran toward the exit, the killers shot into the crowd of students Amy was in. Amy narrowly escaped with her life. She remembers fleeing past slain bodies of her classmates. Amy ran a half mile to a stranger’s home and took shelter there to catch her breath and call her mother. She has been dealing with the trauma of that day ever since.

Part of her healing has been helping other survivors of mass trauma as the Director of Fundraising and Project Journey Coordinator for The Rebels Project since 2015.

Amy has a bachelor’s degree in criminal justice and has completed level one trauma assistance training through Colorado Victims Assistance academy.

thanks

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193557
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Confronting Columbine podcast   Confronting Columbine podcast Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2021 9:43 pm

I just finished the Sean Graves episode.

I know some of the things she talks about regarding bullying is ruffling some feathers, but she is talking about her OWN experience.. so she sees school and sees things from her POV.

I am proud of her!

PostSubject: Re: Confronting Columbine podcast   Confronting Columbine podcast Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2021 12:06 pm

Nice podcast, is interesting see the point of view of the survivors and how they lived the tragedy.
Back to top Go down
pedromonkeyplays

Contribution Points : 27725

PostSubject: Re: Confronting Columbine podcast   Confronting Columbine podcast Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2021 7:09 pm

Sabratha wrote:
Ladyloki616 wrote:

thanks

where a i can hear free? i dont wanna pay 5 dollars to only hear voices.
Back to top Go down
Ladyloki616

Ladyloki616

PostSubject: Re: Confronting Columbine podcast   Confronting Columbine podcast Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2021 7:34 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Its on Spotify just search for Confronting Columbine. It should be other media platforms.

pedromonkeyplays likes this post

Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Confronting Columbine podcast   Confronting Columbine podcast Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2021 8:53 am

It is on Apple Podcasts as well.

Contribution Points : 27725

PostSubject: Re: Confronting Columbine podcast   Confronting Columbine podcast Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2021 10:31 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
It is on Apple Podcasts as well.

Thanks bro
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Confronting Columbine podcast   Confronting Columbine podcast Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2021 6:31 am

No Problem!

This week there is an interview with Dave Cullen.. I may skip it.

PostSubject: Re: Confronting Columbine podcast   Confronting Columbine podcast Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2021 10:36 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
No Problem!

sounds like a good choice LOL
Back to top Go down
Ladyloki616

Ladyloki616

PostSubject: Re: Confronting Columbine podcast   Confronting Columbine podcast Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2021 9:29 pm

vroedbka_17 wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
No Problem!

I listen to it. If you take Cullen with a pinch of salt as normal it's fine. It was interesting but he sounded crazier each interview he does now. The way he spoke, was so different from the one I listen to years ago.
In that episode, you find out that she was on a hit list.
After the shooting, the FBI was at her house asking her questions if she knew about the hit list. She was in one of their classes but never interact with them, which she could remember but she spoke to her best friend who was also on a list. He was on Eric's list and he knew why and it was because he called them out for the video they did with the bike. The FBI woman who was on the case got to tell her whose list she was on and it was Eric's. The woman did say Eric had many lists, but he seems to put everyone on the list. He had a list just for all girls
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Confronting Columbine podcast   Confronting Columbine podcast Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2021 3:54 am

Ladyloki616 wrote:
vroedbka_17 wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
No Problem!

I listen to it. If you take Cullen with a pinch of salt as normal it's fine. It was interesting but he sounded crazier each interview he does now. The way he spoke, was so different from the one I listen to years ago.
In that episode, you find out that she was on a hit list.
After the shooting, the FBI was at her house asking her questions if she knew about the hit list. She was in one of their classes but never interact with them, which she could remember but she spoke to her best friend who was also on a list. He was on Eric's list and he knew why and it was because he called them out for the video they did with the bike. The FBI woman who was on the case got to tell her whose list she was on and it was Eric's. The woman did say Eric had many lists, but he seems to put everyone on the list. He had a list just for all girls

I also listened to it & I agree that he sounds more. . . absurd
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Confronting Columbine podcast   Confronting Columbine podcast Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Confronting Columbine podcast
Page 1 of 1