Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Different thoughts

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kerry

Contribution Points : 20250
Forum Reputation : 0

Different thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Different thoughts   Different thoughts Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2022 9:50 pm

Aloha, I just discovered this useful forum:

A while ago I heard Sue Klebold (Columbine parent) being interviewed on PBS. I was disappointed to hear her say, several years after the incident--

Quote :
". . . I might've in some way inadvertently contributed to his perception of something at a given moment," Sue's use of the word "might've" (might have) is a clue, it's referred to as covert denial; however, her word "inadvertently" is accurate. Sue was and still appears to be unconscious.

and--

". . . I felt for a very long time that it must've been something I did . . ." Here the words "felt" and "something" are clues. The implied communication being, I finally arrived at that it wasn't any specific thing I did or did not do or said or did not say. One thinks thoughts. One feels feelings.

Sue was still using everyone's home-grown definition of the word responsibility, the one we learned from parents, teachers, and clergy; it's missing the word "cause." One can't complete an incomplete they aren't willing to have caused; ergo, Sue's prolonged sadness, confusion,  and dramatized grief.

It prompted me to post an "Open letter to Sue Klebold." Google w/quotes.

Kerry likes this post

Back to top Go down
theartofwar

theartofwar

Contribution Points : 34807

Different thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Different thoughts   Different thoughts Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2022 6:14 pm

I'll be honest, I'm not sure what you're pointing at, you might be diving in too deep. What you might need to realize is that Sue was a run of the mill civilian pre-columbine, she's not some professional speaker, not some college professor, she's just a civilian, people will tend to make mistakes when they're not a pro at public speaking, while yes, she does speak out, it's not her job to talk, hence, she can and will make mistakes in her speech.

Triflers_Escrow3-25 dislikes this post

Back to top Go down
Kerry

Contribution Points : 20250

Different thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Different thoughts   Different thoughts Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2022 8:44 pm

Thanks for your thoughts theartofwar.
Back to top Go down
Triflers_Escrow3-25

Triflers_Escrow3-25

Contribution Points : 24052
Forum Reputation : 60

Different thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Different thoughts   Different thoughts Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2022 4:08 am

Endless Love by DVRST makes me think of Dylan's last moments before he died. Here's it basically:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Different thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Different thoughts   Different thoughts Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Different thoughts
Page 1 of 1