Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

At least 34 dead in a mass shooting at a child care center in Thailand

Go down 
+4
Wanderer
Bookish
NookAndCranny
Insomnia
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Insomnia

Insomnia

Contribution Points : 16734
Forum Reputation : 25

At least 34 dead in a mass shooting at a child care center in Thailand Empty
PostSubject: At least 34 dead in a mass shooting at a child care center in Thailand   At least 34 dead in a mass shooting at a child care center in Thailand Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2022 5:27 am

"At least 22 children were among dozens of people killed in a mass shooting at a child care center in northeastern Thailand on Thursday, officials in the country said."
"Authorities immediately launched a manhunt for the suspected shooter, later identified by Thailand’s Central Investigation Bureau (CIB) as a 34-year-old former policeman."
 - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

QuestionMark and anna444 like this post

Back to top Go down
NookAndCranny

NookAndCranny

Contribution Points : 18730
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: At least 34 dead in a mass shooting at a child care center in Thailand   At least 34 dead in a mass shooting at a child care center in Thailand Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2022 7:53 am

I wonder what his motive was
Back to top Go down
Bookish

Bookish

Contribution Points : 21725
Forum Reputation : 195

PostSubject: Re: At least 34 dead in a mass shooting at a child care center in Thailand   At least 34 dead in a mass shooting at a child care center in Thailand Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2022 8:26 am

It strikes me as, like so many, there was massive grudge against society issues. I’m not sure if he has any history with the place the kids were sadly killed at or if he just targeted young children for the fame and disgust from the public. It hurts more when they are so young and totally innocent of ever hurting him. His family were killed too which again suggests he either was aiming at those who hurt him or he really had the mentality that if he was going he really was going to take out as many as possible on the way down. Obviously not a lot has come out so far but that’s my initial analysis of the facts so far.
Back to top Go down
Wanderer

Wanderer

Contribution Points : 20110
Forum Reputation : 27

PostSubject: Re: At least 34 dead in a mass shooting at a child care center in Thailand   At least 34 dead in a mass shooting at a child care center in Thailand Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2022 10:35 am

With his wife & kid:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Helianthus and anna444 like this post

Back to top Go down
NookAndCranny

NookAndCranny

PostSubject: Re: At least 34 dead in a mass shooting at a child care center in Thailand   At least 34 dead in a mass shooting at a child care center in Thailand Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2022 10:49 am

Bookish wrote:
It strikes me as, like so many, there was massive grudge against society issues. I’m not sure if he has any history with the place the kids were sadly killed at or if he just targeted young children for the fame and disgust from the public. It hurts more when they are so young and totally innocent of ever hurting him. His family were killed too which again suggests he either was aiming at those who hurt him or he really had the mentality that if he was going he really was going to take out as many as possible on the way down. Obviously not a lot has come out so far but that’s my initial analysis of the facts so far.

As a native that is watching the local news, it sounds like drug/mental illness related issue but then again, Thailand's media is garbage and always blame everything on drugs. Also he was a former colonel or something but got demoted because he had drugs; I don't think he did it for the fame as Thai people don't really kill like that. It's not the same mentality as western countries.

There have been several shootings in Thailand now, with the infamous mall shooting. It never happened before and I don't know how the fuck Thai people thought of that as it is a very religious country run by a shit government who controls the TV media. Gun laws aren't that tight in Thailand (you can get one small revolver with some ammo for only 22k THB) but he was a former army man.

Last edited by NookAndCranny on Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:55 am; edited 1 time in total

QuestionMark, Bookish and KalmaX2012 like this post

Back to top Go down
Bookish

Bookish

PostSubject: Re: At least 34 dead in a mass shooting at a child care center in Thailand   At least 34 dead in a mass shooting at a child care center in Thailand Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2022 10:54 am

NookAndCranny wrote:
Bookish wrote:

As a native that is watching the local news, it sounds like drug/mental illness related issue but then again, Thailand's media is garbage and always blame everything on drugs. Also he was a former colonel or something but got demoted because he had drugs; I don't think he did it for the fame as Thai people don't really kill like that. It's not the same mentality as western countries.
Thank you for your insight. At this stage I hadn’t thought too much about the cultural stuff so thanks for bringing this to my attention. I guess it comes down to more than just drugs being a cause, people use drugs worldwide every day and don’t do these kind of things. Not sure what other combining factors he had, anger at the police service he was a part of seems part of the motive at this stage.

NookAndCranny likes this post

Back to top Go down
Bookish

Bookish

PostSubject: Re: At least 34 dead in a mass shooting at a child care center in Thailand   At least 34 dead in a mass shooting at a child care center in Thailand Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2022 11:02 am

I just read the latest and some more motives have been potentially brought up. He was due in court on Friday so could have been avoiding that by choosing this week for the attack, and apparently his child went to that day care centre so he may have had an issue with something going on there, real or imagined.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
NookAndCranny

NookAndCranny

PostSubject: Re: At least 34 dead in a mass shooting at a child care center in Thailand   At least 34 dead in a mass shooting at a child care center in Thailand Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2022 11:09 am

It honestly might be mental illness (schizophrenia) as it is very taboo in Thailand to talk about it. If you have depression, people will just tell you to cheer up or don't be a pussy

Health care in Thailand is 50/50 to me. No mental health workers (this is discouraged by thai parents in general as it is taboo to talk about it) but their pharmacies are top notch to get painkillers, benzos and weed!

I'm thinking it might be schizophrenia as a lot of the Thai people suffers from it but then again take this with a grain of salt, I'm not CIB.

Also on the local news they're showing more footage but the gore is pixelated (never understood that... Why are you showing dead bodies upclose when it's just pixelated?)

Thai people don't have much morals, lots of death by murder/suicide/stupid accidents/drugs think of it like Brazil...

Last edited by NookAndCranny on Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NookAndCranny

NookAndCranny

PostSubject: Re: At least 34 dead in a mass shooting at a child care center in Thailand   At least 34 dead in a mass shooting at a child care center in Thailand Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2022 11:15 am

36 people dead now, a child has just died.

daniellesmug and anna444 like this post

Back to top Go down
NookAndCranny

NookAndCranny

PostSubject: Re: At least 34 dead in a mass shooting at a child care center in Thailand   At least 34 dead in a mass shooting at a child care center in Thailand Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2022 11:23 am

Here's a video of the victims being moved
Back to top Go down
Rosie1756

Rosie1756

Contribution Points : 15721
Forum Reputation : 227

PostSubject: Re: At least 34 dead in a mass shooting at a child care center in Thailand   At least 34 dead in a mass shooting at a child care center in Thailand Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2022 11:37 am

Remember that there was another mass shooting in Thailand in February 2020, gun control doesn't seem to be working there.

QuestionMark likes this post

Back to top Go down
NookAndCranny

NookAndCranny

PostSubject: Re: At least 34 dead in a mass shooting at a child care center in Thailand   At least 34 dead in a mass shooting at a child care center in Thailand Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2022 11:38 am

Rosie1756 wrote:
Remember that there was another mass shooting in Thailand in February 2020, gun control doesn't seem to be working there.

He was also military, he had an entire arsenal and yeah Gun Control doesn't really work there as this is essential to anyone living in rural areas...

Last edited by NookAndCranny on Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NookAndCranny

NookAndCranny

PostSubject: Re: At least 34 dead in a mass shooting at a child care center in Thailand   At least 34 dead in a mass shooting at a child care center in Thailand Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2022 11:41 am

Bookish wrote:
I just read the latest and some more motives have been potentially brought up. He was due in court on Friday so could have been avoiding that by choosing this week for the attack, and apparently his child went to that day care centre so he may have had an issue with something going on there, real or imagined.

It's not his child, but step-son. Attacking and killing himself to avoid court could be a reason (Poverty/Drug usage is shame)
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120353
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: At least 34 dead in a mass shooting at a child care center in Thailand   At least 34 dead in a mass shooting at a child care center in Thailand Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2022 10:48 pm

Bookish wrote:

I've noticed that in a lot of Asian mass murders, like the knife attacks in China or Japan, perpetrators tend to target children instead of adults. While in most cases the physical limitations are obvious (knife harder to kill adults with) in this case the perpetrator was using a gun. I think in all these cases the target selection of children is intended to inflict as much pain on the community as possible.

evans12gauge and Can-Kashi like this post

Back to top Go down
Bookish

Bookish

PostSubject: Re: At least 34 dead in a mass shooting at a child care center in Thailand   At least 34 dead in a mass shooting at a child care center in Thailand Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2022 4:18 am

QuestionMark wrote:
Bookish wrote:

I've noticed that in a lot of Asian mass murders, like the knife attacks in China or Japan, perpetrators tend to target children instead of adults. While in most cases the physical limitations are obvious (knife harder to kill adults with) in this case the perpetrator was using a gun. I think in all these cases the target selection of children is intended to inflict as much pain on the community as possible.
I agree, although apparently this guy went for a knife and gun combo. Not only were they children, none of them had done anything to him but some of them were sleeping. What a coward, picking such an unequal fight.
Back to top Go down
NookAndCranny

NookAndCranny

PostSubject: Re: At least 34 dead in a mass shooting at a child care center in Thailand   At least 34 dead in a mass shooting at a child care center in Thailand Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2022 9:10 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I guess thats what he chose has a perk :/
Too soon?

Last edited by NookAndCranny on Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:11 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : 69 posts, i'm out)
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193207
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: At least 34 dead in a mass shooting at a child care center in Thailand   At least 34 dead in a mass shooting at a child care center in Thailand Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2022 10:36 am

I had to delete a post, I don't care if it is blurred out. No gore like that, please.

NookAndCranny, Kaynhyde, vril, Rosie1756 and anna444 dislike this post

Back to top Go down
Arkan

Arkan

Contribution Points : 24296
Forum Reputation : 872

PostSubject: Re: At least 34 dead in a mass shooting at a child care center in Thailand   At least 34 dead in a mass shooting at a child care center in Thailand Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 4:59 pm

its crazy how this guy got the most kills than the other shooters in 2022, more than Salvador Ramos and Artyom Kazantsev

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: At least 34 dead in a mass shooting at a child care center in Thailand   At least 34 dead in a mass shooting at a child care center in Thailand Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

At least 34 dead in a mass shooting at a child care center in Thailand
Page 1 of 1