Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Little known or interesting facts

Go down 
+3
Juicy Jazzy
TheFragile
PaintItBlack
7 posters
AuthorMessage
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 96566
Forum Reputation : 52

Little known or interesting facts Empty
PostSubject: Little known or interesting facts   Little known or interesting facts Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 11:37 pm

there was something like this on the old board. Thought we could make one here.You can post facts about anything or any where involved.
I'll start.

Cassie must have been very smart.All her classes junior year were A.P.classes.She must have been doing at least ok in them because you have to keep a certain average to stay in such classes. This is something rarely mentioned about her.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Little known or interesting facts   Little known or interesting facts Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 4:17 pm

Eric Harris had a younger neighbor he played roller hockey with, and Dylan Klebold's parents rented out a guest house on the property.
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: Little known or interesting facts   Little known or interesting facts Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 9:04 pm

Two of Cassie's close friends Cassandra Chance and Craig Nason got married and now have 4 children.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: Little known or interesting facts   Little known or interesting facts Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2014 12:11 am

Cassie often signed her letters with In his name,Cassie B.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
TheFragile

Contribution Points : 97059
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Little known or interesting facts   Little known or interesting facts Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 12:03 pm

SeeMan666 wrote:
Eric Harris had a younger neighbor he played roller hockey with, and Dylan Klebold's parents rented out a guest house on the property.

I thought it was a family friend who was staying there for a while...

Juicy Jazzy

Contribution Points : 98544
Forum Reputation : 21

PostSubject: Re: Little known or interesting facts   Little known or interesting facts Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 9:32 pm

A little known fact is that Rachel had a boyfriend at the time of her death, a boy named Rob Salyer who used to work at Subway with her.

They would go bowling, watch cheesy romantic comedy movies and would often eat at a restaurant called Chilli's.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118783
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: Little known or interesting facts   Little known or interesting facts Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 10:51 pm

Juicy Jazzy wrote:
A little known fact is that Rachel had a boyfriend at the time of her death, a boy named Rob Salyer who used to work at Subway with her.

They would go bowling, watch cheesy romantic comedy movies and would often eat at a restaurant called Chilli's.

Didn't she go to the prom with someone else though? Why not go with her boyfriend? Did he ever say why?

Back to top Go down
Juicy Jazzy

Juicy Jazzy

PostSubject: Re: Little known or interesting facts   Little known or interesting facts Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 11:12 pm

Jenn wrote:
Didn't she go to the prom with someone else though? Why not go with her boyfriend? Did he ever say why?
I'm not well educated in American culture but where I'm from, it is fairly common for people to take their friends to the ball, instead of their boyfriends and girlfriends. And even if this isn't the case, maybe he couldn't attend for one reason or another so she went with someone else.

Also the school prom may have been only for attending students only, her boyfriend did not attend the school.

Adzybear likes this post

Back to top Go down
Juicy Jazzy

Juicy Jazzy

PostSubject: Re: Little known or interesting facts   Little known or interesting facts Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 11:15 pm

My citations:
Quote :
Boyfriend Rob Salyer, 17, who worked at the sandwich shop with Rachel, said yesterday: "She told me she wanted to help people. She was telling me she wanted to go straight out to Africa."
Link
Quote :
One of the most popular girls in school, Rachel crossed paths with her killers in video production class. But while her work was sprinkled with Christian messages, theirs was all doom and destruction. "She told me she wanted to help people," said sometime boyfriend Rob Salyer, 17.
Link
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: Little known or interesting facts   Little known or interesting facts Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 11:31 pm

Juicy Jazzy wrote:
Jenn wrote:
I'm not well educated in American culture but where I'm from, it is fairly common for people to take their friends to the ball, instead of their boyfriends and girlfriends. And even if this isn't the case, maybe he couldn't attend for one reason or another so she went with someone else.

Also the school prom may have been only for attending students only, her boyfriend did not attend the school.

Usually, in America, with proms and school dances you can attend if you don't go to that school, but a lot of the time there is an age limit. Usually it's 21. So if her boyfriend was 18 but went to a different school he still should have been able to go. But like you said, maybe he couldn't so she just went with a friend.

That is the first I've ever even heard about him. Thanks for posting and providing the links.

Back to top Go down
Juicy Jazzy

Juicy Jazzy

PostSubject: Re: Little known or interesting facts   Little known or interesting facts Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 11:44 pm

Another article calls them an 'on again, off again' couple, and another claimed Rob is an ex boyfriend.

I don't have those articles in my collection, though I remember reading them as well.

Apart from the initial days after the massacre, and a couple of limited articles, you never hear from Rob again in the media.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: Little known or interesting facts   Little known or interesting facts Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 11:51 pm

It is quite possible he is just someone she worked with and was just an acquaintance? Maybe they hung out a few times or something but I've never heard about him being an actual boyfriend. I guess it's possible, but, right after the massacre a lot of people were also saying they knew the victims when they didn't or were closer to them than they actually were. I wonder if any of her friends ever backed this guys story up that he actually dated her.

Back to top Go down
TheFragile

PostSubject: Re: Little known or interesting facts   Little known or interesting facts Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 1:08 pm

Scott had told many people that her ambition was to be a missionary, perhaps in Africa. "I think she thought of Africa because there was so much suffering there," said Rob Salyer, [u]a former boyfriend[b][/b][/u] who worked with Scott at a sandwich shop not far from Columbine. "She wanted to help relieve the suffering." wrote:

She took practice for that play very seriously, said her 17-year-old friend, Rob Salyer. They worked together at a Subway sandwich shop near school and called themselves [u]boyfriend and girlfriend for a while[b][/b][/u]. wrote:

Yes, they dated but not at the time of her death. I didn't know about that either.

PostSubject: Re: Little known or interesting facts   Little known or interesting facts Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 1:09 pm

[quote="TheFragile"]
Scott had told many people that her ambition was to be a missionary, perhaps in Africa. "I think she thought of Africa because there was so much suffering there," said Rob Salyer, a former boyfriend who worked with Scott at a sandwich shop not far from Columbine. "She wanted to help relieve the suffering." wrote:

She took practice for that play very seriously, said her 17-year-old friend, Rob Salyer. They worked together at a Subway sandwich shop near school and called themselves boyfriend and girlfriend for a while. wrote:

Yes, they dated but not at the time of her death. I didn't know about that either.
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: Little known or interesting facts   Little known or interesting facts Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 10:49 pm

Cassie was 5'8 tall. Her name meant "helpful" and "earthly mother."

Back to top Go down
Saoradh

Saoradh

Contribution Points : 38004
Forum Reputation : 175

PostSubject: Re: Little known or interesting facts   Little known or interesting facts Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2021 7:03 pm

Eric & Dylan went to two Rammstein concerts on December 8th, 1997 and May 1st, 1998 + KMFDM opened first.

At Blackjack, Eric made $7.65 an hour and Dylan made $6.50 an hour.

Eric got surgery to correct his pectus excavatum on December 16, 1993 at Fitzsimons army medical center in Aurora, CO. He wrote, “when I got back from the hospital, I couldn’t do anything that involved using my chest muscles. that meant I barely could even laugh.“

Employer_Square and garbagetalker1 dislike this post

Back to top Go down
Adzybear

Adzybear

Contribution Points : 60836
Forum Reputation : 100

PostSubject: Re: Little known or interesting facts   Little known or interesting facts Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2021 6:10 pm

Eric had money left on his person when they searched his pockets etc.

It was made public knowledge/information.....but for the love of strawberry jam....I cannot find anything to say how much it was?

Does anyone here still remember that little bit fact/info?

Employer_Square likes this post

Back to top Go down
Xtina
Top Contributor
Xtina

Contribution Points : 35602
Forum Reputation : 254

PostSubject: Re: Little known or interesting facts   Little known or interesting facts Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2021 3:17 am

Adzybear wrote:

It was made public knowledge/information.....but for the love of strawberry jam....I cannot find anything to say how much it was?

$118 iirc

Adzybear likes this post

Back to top Go down
Adzybear

Adzybear

Contribution Points : 60836
Forum Reputation : 100

PostSubject: Re: Little known or interesting facts   Little known or interesting facts Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2021 8:51 pm

Xtina wrote:
Adzybear wrote:

$118 iirc

Thanks for that man. That's a lot of cash for an 18 year old high school kid, just to have left spare in his pocket.

It really shows that they cared about absolutely nothing else, other than doing what they did that day.

This case never fails to turn my brain inside out.

Top Contributor
Xtina

Contribution Points : 35602
Forum Reputation : 254

PostSubject: Re: Little known or interesting facts   Little known or interesting facts Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2021 3:33 am

Adzybear wrote:
Xtina wrote:
Adzybear wrote:

$118 iirc

Thanks for that man. That's a lot of cash for an 18 year old high school kid, just to have left spare in his pocket.

It really shows that they cared about absolutely nothing else, other than doing what they did that day.

This case never fails to turn my brain inside out.
Just looked, apparently it was $113. I was close. Oh yeah I know what you mean, it's an interesting case for sure.

Adzybear likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Little known or interesting facts   Little known or interesting facts Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Little known or interesting facts
Page 1 of 1