Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Anyone have interesting facts on Rachel Scott?

Go down 
+5
W.A.R.
sororityalpha
Fatheroftwo
PaintItBlack
Juicy Jazzy
9 posters
AuthorMessage

Anyone have interesting facts on Rachel Scott? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone have interesting facts on Rachel Scott?   Anyone have interesting facts on Rachel Scott? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2015 10:27 am

She, is by far, the most interesting to me. She's very inspirational and genuine. Just wondering if anyone knows some cool unknown" facts about her!
Back to top Go down
Juicy Jazzy

Juicy Jazzy

Contribution Points : 98819
Forum Reputation : 21

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have interesting facts on Rachel Scott?   Anyone have interesting facts on Rachel Scott? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2015 3:54 pm

I have an interesting fact. This isn't very well known.

During my Columbine research I found out that Rachel had an ex boyfriend a couple of months before she died called Rob Salyer. Information about Rob is very scarce, but he was a workmate of Rachel's who would deal drugs, with the store being a meeting place for him and his buyers. He fessed up to being a dealer to police after Nick and Stephanie were murdered inside the store a couple of months after Columbine (remember the Subway murders?).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 96841
Forum Reputation : 52

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have interesting facts on Rachel Scott?   Anyone have interesting facts on Rachel Scott? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 9:11 am

She once won a chubby bunny contest by shoving 20 something marshmallows in her cheeks.

She had considered graduating high school early to travel with a Christian theater group.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
Fatheroftwo

Contribution Points : 83538
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have interesting facts on Rachel Scott?   Anyone have interesting facts on Rachel Scott? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 11:37 pm

PaintItBlack wrote:
She once won a chubby bunny contest by shoving 20 something marshmallows in her cheeks.

She had considered graduating high school early to travel with a Christian theater group.

The Subway murders remain unsolved as well
Back to top Go down
Juicy Jazzy

Juicy Jazzy

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have interesting facts on Rachel Scott?   Anyone have interesting facts on Rachel Scott? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2015 4:28 am

Fatheroftwo wrote:
The Subway murders remain unsolved as well
The police always suspected it was drug related. And there happened to be a dealer doing his deals in the very same store, what a coincidence. Another coincidence is that Rob was supposed to have closed the store the same night as the murders, but left an hour or so early. I wrote in the other thread that I think he may have wronged one of his clients so that client decided to confront Rob. But Rob wasn't there (he left early remember) so he most likely spoke to Nick. An altercation probably happened verbally, or Nick saw the gun, or hell maybe this guy was just so off his face that he shot Nick. Stephanie was also in the store waiting for Nick to finish so she was killed as well.
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have interesting facts on Rachel Scott?   Anyone have interesting facts on Rachel Scott? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2015 5:01 am

I really wish they could solve this crime. It must be so hard for Stephanie and Nick's families to go on through the years with no closure.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
Juicy Jazzy

Juicy Jazzy

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have interesting facts on Rachel Scott?   Anyone have interesting facts on Rachel Scott? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 25, 2017 6:57 pm

There is an interesting video Mark Bodiford, friend of Rachel Scott, uploaded on his FB page the other day. He read out a diary entry Rachel had wrote him when she was alive. An unreleased entry. I know we're not allowed to post links to social media, so here's a transcript I found on Tumblr.

Quote :
Dear Mark, Thank you so much, you didn’t need to write me back, that painting said it all. All I needed was for someone to share my pain. Someone to feel my heart hurt. You did something most people wouldn’t do. You helped me carry the burdens of others. I stayed home from school today. I was going to kill myself. I was going to bring my car into the garage, close the door and let the motor run. I got as far as the driveway and then I turned off the car. I was going to live for just one more day so I can say goodbye to you. I got there and when we started praise and worship I lifted my hands and closed my eyes because I wanted you to think I was ok so that when I died you wouldn’t blame yourself. Then Mike told that story and I lost it. Finally, I was on the alter crying harder than I ever have before and Lori Johnson was holding me. I repented and made a decision to live. I feel so fulfilled. There is a God and I’m going to serve Him for the rest of my life. Mike was right. Something happened. God showed me, saved me from suicide. He did it through Mike, through Lori and through you. Your love gave me reason to live just for one more day. And His love meaning God’s gave me reason to live for one more life. But that’s not the end. I’m working at Subway again and  I’ve been smoking pot and cigarettes. I went and on my way home I broke every cigarette I had. I told the guy,Branden, when I was working that I gave my life back to God and that I’m clean. Then I told him he should do the same. He said maybe. This is the day of redemption revelation. I will never be the same again. Thank you Mark, thank you so much. I love you. Rachel Joy.
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 124349
Forum Reputation : 1001

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have interesting facts on Rachel Scott?   Anyone have interesting facts on Rachel Scott? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 25, 2017 9:51 pm

Thank you for the video.

Here are my notes from the 45 minute video he posted.

The video was made on April 20 2017.

Referred to Rachel Scott as ‘the most important human to ever walk the Earth’.

April 2016 – overdosed but recovered. Nise Davies (producer “I’m Not Ashamed”) helped him through it. He has been clean and sober for the last year.

Mark: (9:25-12:09, 12:45-13:08) Tuesday, 1:07am...

Rachel: (13:41-16:00, 17:32-18:53) 08-27-98 10:00pm, Hey, sorry it’s taken awhile to write back...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Rachel: (19:10-19:22) Hey Mark...

(19:46) – Mark gave originals of the journals between him and Rachel to Rachel’s mom the day after Rachel’s funeral.

(21:53) 30-50 people post daily to Mark about how Rachel is inspiring.

(29:08) Mark was born in Denver in 1978.

(31:31) Mark’s last visit to the Columbine Memorial was in 2002.

(35:46) Mark didn’t read the entire journals between him and Rachel until the movie premiere [I'm Not Ashamed] in Nashville (October 2016).

Rachel (36:17-38:58) Monday [or March] the 16th (Rachel talks about suicide using her car [she did not have her license until she was at least 16 which was on August 5 1997] so this story is either February, March, or November 1998) Dear Mark, thank you so much...

(39:50) Mark has lost 45 people, including his parents, since he was born. He misses Rachel everyday.

(43:12) Mark got a tattoo on April 21: ‘IN LOVING MEMORY, RACHEL JOY SCOTT, MY LITTLE SIS’

(43:43) Mark has a Justin Bieber tattoo as well.

Last edited by sororityalpha on Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:25 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
W.A.R.

Contribution Points : 70598
Forum Reputation : 345

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have interesting facts on Rachel Scott?   Anyone have interesting facts on Rachel Scott? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 26, 2017 3:32 am

sororityalpha wrote:
(43:43) Mark has a Justin Bieber tattoo as well.

lol
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have interesting facts on Rachel Scott?   Anyone have interesting facts on Rachel Scott? Icon_minitimeWed May 10, 2017 6:29 am

@ JuicyJazzy,
Wow,thank you so much for posting these.I've known who Mark is for a long time but don't follow him on social media so I might not have seen this if not for you.Seeing this has shaken me.
To hear Rachel talk of suicide so openly and admit that she actually came a few minutes within attempting to do it is something I find shocking.She is portrayed as a golden girl and always rock solid in her faith that this is a revelation to me.
If you had looked at her before 4/20 you would have probably thought she had a near perfect life.
This has opened up a new dimension into Rachel I've never known of before.
Back to top Go down
Juicy Jazzy

Juicy Jazzy

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have interesting facts on Rachel Scott?   Anyone have interesting facts on Rachel Scott? Icon_minitimeWed May 10, 2017 6:52 pm

PaintItBlack wrote:
@ JuicyJazzy,
Wow,thank you so much for posting these.I've known who Mark is for a long time but don't follow him on social media so I might not have seen this if not for you.Seeing this has shaken me.
To hear Rachel talk of suicide so openly and admit that she actually came a few minutes within attempting to do it is something I find shocking.She is portrayed as a golden girl and always rock solid in her faith that this is a revelation to me.
If you had looked at her before 4/20 you would have probably thought she had a near perfect life.
This has opened up a new dimension into Rachel I've never known of before.
Her parents portrayed her as an angel and its no surprise that they never published the entries she wrote to Mark, as it contradicts that version of her. I hope Mark does more readouts in the future, as I bet she made several other similar entries.
Back to top Go down
Juicy Jazzy

Juicy Jazzy

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have interesting facts on Rachel Scott?   Anyone have interesting facts on Rachel Scott? Icon_minitimeWed May 10, 2017 7:10 pm

Looking back, her attempted suicide should not be that surprising (neither should her occasional pot smoking; her ex boyfriend Rob Salyer was big into it, and was probably how she got it). Remember all those weird entries she made, referring to her death? How she wrote "this will be my last year, I have gotten what I can"? The same entries her parents claim to be evidence that God was telling her was going to die at Columbine make way more sense when you acknowledge that she was not in fact God's messenger but was actually depressed instead. And can you blame her for feeling that way. Her parents treated her like shit (source: her friends claimed she was made fun of often). Her real dad was never a major part of her life until a week or so before she was shot (Darrell himself admitted this in 'Rachel's Tears'). She wanted to sleep with her long term boyfriend Steve Partridge, but her conservative Christian background probably led to horrid guilt, and ultimately their break-up (source: Beth Nimmo wrote about this in 'Rachel's Tears'). And probably the biggest point of all, and somewhat controversial, she was probably coming to a realisation slowly that God perhaps is not real (source: Rachel made several entries questioning God's existence, which become more common towards the end of her life). Combine that with the usual teen angst a high school junior would be feeling and it makes for a real emotional cocktail.
Back to top Go down
Love

Love

Contribution Points : 67916
Forum Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have interesting facts on Rachel Scott?   Anyone have interesting facts on Rachel Scott? Icon_minitimeWed May 10, 2017 10:54 pm

Maybe religion was a kind of outlet for Rachel, her way of escaping reality? Some hope for a different life. Dylan also had his way...

Contribution Points : 65787
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have interesting facts on Rachel Scott?   Anyone have interesting facts on Rachel Scott? Icon_minitimeThu May 25, 2017 11:38 pm

well, maybe its not so bad she was murdered she had already attempted suicide, looks like she got what she wanted.
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have interesting facts on Rachel Scott?   Anyone have interesting facts on Rachel Scott? Icon_minitimeTue May 30, 2017 8:43 am

I've been thinking about this every day and every night since I posted here the last time.It amazes me but in the end makes me like Rachel even more and feel a bit closer to her in a new way.To know that this girl who had so much going for her and seemed so put together on the outside really knew and understood what it was like in a personal way to be that close to the edge herself like so many of us here have once been,I get a strange sense of comfort from it.

Back to top Go down
asloversgo

Contribution Points : 75933
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have interesting facts on Rachel Scott?   Anyone have interesting facts on Rachel Scott? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 07, 2017 10:17 pm

Mark is working on a book that should come out next year and I am so excited to read it. I had the blessing of meeting Mark and reading the journal they shared. Rachel was a deep thinking and Christian. She really is who her family said she was.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have interesting facts on Rachel Scott?   Anyone have interesting facts on Rachel Scott? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 03, 2017 11:38 pm

Juicy Jazzy wrote:
I have an interesting fact. This isn't very well known.

During my Columbine research I found out that Rachel had an ex boyfriend a couple of months before she died called Rob Salyer. Information about Rob is very scarce, but he was a workmate of Rachel's who would deal drugs, with the store being a meeting place for him and his buyers. He fessed up to being a dealer to police after Nick and Stephanie were murdered inside the store a couple of months after Columbine (remember the Subway murders?).

Very interesting stuff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Anyone have interesting facts on Rachel Scott?   Anyone have interesting facts on Rachel Scott? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 05, 2018 6:24 am

What’s interesting to find is that Rachel wasn’t perfect by any means. But she had a relationship with God that was super close. The Christian walk isn’t easy. Especially when you’re a teenage Christian in high school. I know this personality through my walk with Christ. But my faith, the same as Rachel’s. Keeps us going. Gives us hope and strength to get through the dark times in life. And the greatest thing is that you see through even the Bible how God uses broken people for great and mighty things.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Lunkhead McGrath

Contribution Points : 76611
Forum Reputation : 225

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have interesting facts on Rachel Scott?   Anyone have interesting facts on Rachel Scott? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 06, 2018 2:45 pm

Mattskilletguy wrote:
What’s interesting to find is that Rachel wasn’t perfect by any means. But she had a relationship with God that was super close. The Christian walk isn’t easy. Especially when you’re a teenage Christian in high school. I know this personality through my walk with Christ. But my faith, the same as Rachel’s. Keeps us going. Gives us hope and strength to get through the dark times in life. And the greatest thing is that you see through even the Bible how God uses broken people for great and mighty things.

Sent from Topic'it App

I think it's a little amusing to watch young atheists discuss Rachel. You can sense how desperately they want to believe this girl they're secretly in love with would be glad to be one of them, just as desperately as people on the other side have tried to portray her as a rock solid perfect little angel (which even the movie isn't really guilty of.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have interesting facts on Rachel Scott?   Anyone have interesting facts on Rachel Scott? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone have interesting facts on Rachel Scott?
Page 1 of 1