Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

An offer to Dave Cullen

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

Contribution Points : 150640
Forum Reputation : 2754

An offer to Dave Cullen Empty
PostSubject: An offer to Dave Cullen   An offer to Dave Cullen Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2014 6:40 pm

Okay, Dave, I'll lay it on the line:

I will grant you everything, except the following:

* Eric had at least as much self-hatred as Dylan, if not more so. He was at or near the bottom of the social pyramid of Columbine High School. He wanted to make it with a girl, but he never managed to do so. His feelings of social alienation and sexual frustration fueled the rage that he directed toward his ostensible peers, who consigned him to the rank of unfuckable loser.
* Dylan was no higher on the pyramid than Eric.

There is no way that you are going to convince me that Eric's immense anger did not stem from his lack of social status, that he did not harbor vast amounts of envy and resentment toward the boys who had girlfriends, and that he did not yearn to punish the girls who had rejected him. (Note that I'm not discounting the idea that some kind of mental illness or personality disorder led him to overreact to the various humiliations that life forced him to endure. Like you've said, lots of kids are social misfits, but very few try to kill hundreds of people.)

I can forgive - not condone, or excuse, but forgive - all of the other bullshit in your book, but I will ignore it if you will concede that you got Eric totally wrong.

Do we have a deal?
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 96566
Forum Reputation : 52

PostSubject: Re: An offer to Dave Cullen   An offer to Dave Cullen Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2014 9:54 pm

Don't hold your breath LPorter.I think someone with an ego that size would rather walk 10 miles over broken glass than admit any mistake or fault.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
philosopher_king

philosopher_king

Contribution Points : 101347
Forum Reputation : 8

PostSubject: Re: An offer to Dave Cullen   An offer to Dave Cullen Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2014 10:04 pm

In some ways, it is possible to be place in a difficult environment and interpret it in a way that is different than someone else who is placed in that same position. Perception is reality.
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: An offer to Dave Cullen   An offer to Dave Cullen Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2014 10:23 pm

PaintItBlack wrote:
Don't hold your breath LPorter.I think someone with an ego that size would rather walk 10 miles over broken glass than admit any mistake or fault.

It's an idea. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: An offer to Dave Cullen   An offer to Dave Cullen Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2014 10:30 pm

philosopher_king wrote:
In some ways, it is possible to be place in a difficult environment and interpret it in a way that is different than someone else who is placed in that same position. Perception is reality.

Yes.

Have you ever heard of George Sodini? Sometimes I see parallels between his journal entries and Eric's:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Eric Harris wrote:
Everyone is always making fun of me because of how I look, how fucking weak I am and shit, well I will get you all back: ultimate fucking revenge here. you people could have shown more respect, treated me better, asked for my knowledge or guidence more, treated me more like senior, and maybe I wouldn't have been as ready to tear your fucking heads off. then again, I have always hated how I looked, I make fun of people who look like me, sometimes without even thinking sometimes just because I want to rip on myself. Thats where a lot of my hate grows from, the fact that I have practically no selfesteem, especially concerning girls and looks and such. therefore people make fun of me... constantly... therefore I get no respect and therefore I get fucking PISSED.

George Sodini wrote:
I guess some of us were simply meant to walk a lonely path. I have slept alone for over 20 years. Last time I slept all night with a girlfriend it was 1982. Proof I am a total malfunction. Girls and women don’t even give me a second look ANYWHERE. There is something BLATANTLY wrong with me that NO goddam person will tell me what it is. Every person just wants to be fucking nice and say nice things to me. Flattery. Oh yeah, I am sure you can get a date anytime. You look good, etc. Pussies.
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: An offer to Dave Cullen   An offer to Dave Cullen Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2014 10:36 pm

See, it's an interesting counterpoint:

Eric had no self-esteem about his looks, and he felt that he was an unfuckable loser.
George had no self-esteem, period - people would compliment him, but he would say, "What's the use? I'm still an unfuckable loser."

The bottom line is that Eric was an unfuckable loser who wanted to get laid. That does not explain his actions, but we cannot construct a coherent explanation without taking note of that fact.

Juicy Jazzy

Contribution Points : 98544
Forum Reputation : 21

PostSubject: Re: An offer to Dave Cullen   An offer to Dave Cullen Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2014 6:19 am

I love all your created threads LPorter101. You are keeping this forum active.  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: An offer to Dave Cullen   An offer to Dave Cullen Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2014 3:52 pm

Juicy Jazzy wrote:
I love all your created threads LPorter101. You are keeping this forum active.  Very Happy 

I'm glad you like them. Very Happy

I just hope that Dave Cullen doesn't end up putting a curse on my house for ten generations, or something like that...
Back to top Go down
philosopher_king

philosopher_king

Contribution Points : 101347
Forum Reputation : 8

PostSubject: Re: An offer to Dave Cullen   An offer to Dave Cullen Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2014 11:44 pm

[quote="LPorter101"]
philosopher_king wrote:

Yes.

Have you ever heard of George Sodini? Sometimes I see parallels between his journal entries and Eric's:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Eric Harris wrote:
Everyone is always making fun of me because of how I look, how fucking weak I am and shit, well I will get you all back: ultimate fucking revenge here. you people could have shown more respect, treated me better, asked for my knowledge or guidence more, treated me more like senior, and maybe I wouldn't have been as ready to tear your fucking heads off. then again, I have always hated how I looked, I make fun of people who look like me, sometimes without even thinking sometimes just because I want to rip on myself. Thats where a lot of my hate grows from, the fact that I have practically no selfesteem, especially concerning girls and looks and such. therefore people make fun of me... constantly... therefore I get no respect and therefore I get fucking PISSED.

George Sodini wrote:
I guess some of us were simply meant to walk a lonely path. I have slept alone for over 20 years. Last time I slept all night with a girlfriend it was 1982. Proof I am a total malfunction. Girls and women don’t even give me a second look ANYWHERE. There is something BLATANTLY wrong with me that NO goddam person will tell me what it is. Every person just wants to be fucking nice and say nice things to me. Flattery. Oh yeah, I am sure you can get a date anytime. You look good, etc. Pussies.

I have never heard of George Sodini at all, but I do remember the shooting he caused.  He does look like Dave Cullen.

There are people who think that way, yet never dare to pick up a gun or any weapon to attack someone. For Eric who declared himself unfuckable, he did date many girls. There were young women that gave him a chance, but for some reason they all ended.  I don’t think many lasted very long. Those experiences with each one can probably make him feel rejected, but I am not sure what the goal of those relationships were. Was he dating to find a woman he could marry in the future or just to hook up and have fun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An offer to Dave Cullen   An offer to Dave Cullen Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An offer to Dave Cullen
Page 1 of 1