Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Why does no one give a shit about Robert Card?

Go down 
+7
kidbug
ParanoidAndroid
ahoorab90
Octal
messianic_mania
TheGoodChief
EsalvatoryOrbalofJTruth
11 posters
AuthorMessage
EsalvatoryOrbalofJTruth

EsalvatoryOrbalofJTruth

Contribution Points : 6677
Forum Reputation : 60

Why does no one give a shit about Robert Card?  Empty
PostSubject: Why does no one give a shit about Robert Card?    Why does no one give a shit about Robert Card?  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 04, 2024 5:16 am

He gets about as much attention as Andrew Wanyama despite 19 people being dead and 13 injured by the end of his tomfoolery. I’m starting to think he actually is a false flag because the anomalous extent that no one cares about him, does not statistically correlate to what he did. There was a massive police search. It’s the deadliest in Maine, and he killed enough to be in the top ten mass shootings in the U.S. . He even killed himself in a relatively unique way. What, was his personality not cute or edgy enough? Remember this guy. No one even knows why he did it. He was just, like, suicidal or something. No matter what the deal is with him, I think more people should be reminded of his name and face so I’m gonna post this as a reminder of said things.

Denethor and Vlixu23 like this post

Back to top Go down
EsalvatoryOrbalofJTruth

EsalvatoryOrbalofJTruth

Contribution Points : 6677
Forum Reputation : 60

PostSubject: Re: Why does no one give a shit about Robert Card?    Why does no one give a shit about Robert Card?  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 04, 2024 5:20 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Vlixu23 likes this post

Back to top Go down
TheGoodChief

TheGoodChief

Contribution Points : 14349
Forum Reputation : 523

PostSubject: Re: Why does no one give a shit about Robert Card?    Why does no one give a shit about Robert Card?  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 04, 2024 5:56 am

EsalvatoryOrbalofJTruth wrote:
He gets about as much attention as Andrew Wanyama despite 19 people being dead and 13 injured by the end of his tomfoolery. I’m starting to think he actually is a false flag because the anomalous extent that no one cares about him, does not statistically correlate to what he did. There was a massive police search. It’s the deadliest in Maine, and he killed enough to be in the top ten mass shootings in the U.S. . He even killed himself in a relatively unique way. What, was his personality not cute or edgy enough? Remember this guy. No one even knows why he did it. He was just, like, suicidal or something. No matter what the deal is with him, I think more people should be reminded of his name and face so I’m gonna post this as a reminder of said things.
Because mass shooting are so common now

Denethor likes this post

Back to top Go down
messianic_mania

messianic_mania

Contribution Points : 5422
Forum Reputation : 2

PostSubject: Re: Why does no one give a shit about Robert Card?    Why does no one give a shit about Robert Card?  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 04, 2024 6:06 am

Yeah, shootings are super common now, but like they said, this wasn't just a random shooting. It was pretty deadly with some unique elements that would ordinarily stick out regardless of the year. My guess is because he was ex-military, a "model American" for lack of better words, and the press doesn't want to admit that the problem just might very well be our own government...

Denethor and ParanoidAndroid like this post

Back to top Go down
Octal

Octal

Contribution Points : 6977
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Why does no one give a shit about Robert Card?    Why does no one give a shit about Robert Card?  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 04, 2024 6:07 am

There isn't much to be covered about him in general. He looks normal at first glance. He worked in the military, made threats before, and was "hearing voices." In general, you don't see a lot of "older" mass killers in the news. Also, he had no known motive or manifesto, suicide note, or large social media presence, he also died shortly after the attack and generally, mass shooters with trials get more attention.

Mass shootings happen almost every day now so you would have to "stand out" in some way. People and the media tend to care more about school shootings than a random bowling alley or restaurant shooting. He did get some media attention though, just not at the level of Ramos or Gendron.

NEXT STEP UP, mflergen, Denethor and EsalvatoryOrbalofJTruth like this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why does no one give a shit about Robert Card?    Why does no one give a shit about Robert Card?  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 04, 2024 6:38 am

"Also, he had no known motive or manifesto, suicide note, or large social media presenc"
Thats why
Back to top Go down
ahoorab90

ahoorab90

Contribution Points : 9285

PostSubject: Re: Why does no one give a shit about Robert Card?    Why does no one give a shit about Robert Card?  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 06, 2024 12:51 am

the media only cares about shooters who are under the age of like 21. anything over they forget about in 3 days. I also think murder-suicide dwindles their chances of being as recognized. shooters that get arrested and have a trial get cared about a lot more imo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why does no one give a shit about Robert Card?    Why does no one give a shit about Robert Card?  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 06, 2024 2:51 am

its disappointing because robert card is one of the mass murderers ive personally found the most interesting. i wish the media gave more shits about him and he was talked about a lot more than just put in a record book after his body was found and basically left it at that. media and news coverage needs to be a LOT less selective when they only care about the archetype of perpetrators you'd expect them to be (i.e white male under the age of 21, targeted their school, butthurt that they are unpopular etc). id like to see those with unexpected statistics and identities be studied more than the columbine copycats.
Back to top Go down
messianic_mania

messianic_mania

Contribution Points : 5422
Forum Reputation : 2

PostSubject: Re: Why does no one give a shit about Robert Card?    Why does no one give a shit about Robert Card?  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 06, 2024 3:20 am

caliburrie wrote:
media and news coverage needs to be a LOT less selective when they only care about the archetype of perpetrators you'd expect them to be (i.e white male under the age of 21, targeted their school, butthurt that they are unpopular etc). id like to see those with unexpected statistics and identities be studied more than the columbine copycats.
I completely agree. Someone was just mentioning Stephen Paddock on a thread about lesser discussed mass murderers, and I think thats bizarre because I've always been interested in that case because of how old Paddock was in contrast to most of the 25-ish shooters we see in media. There's countless other examples of shooters I've always thought were more interesting than the same unpopular 17-year-old Columbiner we get shooting up their school every month...

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why does no one give a shit about Robert Card?    Why does no one give a shit about Robert Card?  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 06, 2024 2:43 pm

Last edited by SpeciesTraitor on Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ParanoidAndroid

ParanoidAndroid

Contribution Points : 8220
Forum Reputation : 262

PostSubject: Re: Why does no one give a shit about Robert Card?    Why does no one give a shit about Robert Card?  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 06, 2024 4:08 pm

He wasn't a twink.

Denethor, Saint_X, AMCdanbury, Octal, alesanagoon, kidbug, supremegentlewoman1991 and EsalvatoryOrbalofJTruth like this post

Back to top Go down
kidbug

kidbug

Contribution Points : 5047

PostSubject: Re: Why does no one give a shit about Robert Card?    Why does no one give a shit about Robert Card?  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 06, 2024 4:13 pm

ParanoidAndroid wrote:
He wasn't a twink.

lmfao real though

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why does no one give a shit about Robert Card?    Why does no one give a shit about Robert Card?  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 08, 2024 11:10 pm

This incident is what made me realize that mass shootings have become a forced meme in the eyes of the public.
Back to top Go down
spitfire88

Contribution Points : 3976

PostSubject: Re: Why does no one give a shit about Robert Card?    Why does no one give a shit about Robert Card?  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:25 am

EsalvatoryOrbalofJTruth wrote:
because he was schizo and the left hates addressing problems that dont fit there agenda, they want to ban all guns not prevent schizoids from getting guns or more mental health programs
Back to top Go down
TaylorsMom

TaylorsMom

Contribution Points : 78167
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: Why does no one give a shit about Robert Card?    Why does no one give a shit about Robert Card?  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 5:28 am

I’m commenting because I live right where this shooting took place. There’s a huge investigation going on and amidst that investigation, it looks as though the system certainly failed us.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

ThatDelawareReader likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 97715
Forum Reputation : 440

PostSubject: Re: Why does no one give a shit about Robert Card?    Why does no one give a shit about Robert Card?  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 9:39 am

Not my circus, not my monkeys, and the clown wasn't particularly funny

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why does no one give a shit about Robert Card?    Why does no one give a shit about Robert Card?  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 11:19 am

Last edited by SpeciesTraitor on Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TaylorsMom

TaylorsMom

Contribution Points : 78167
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: Why does no one give a shit about Robert Card?    Why does no one give a shit about Robert Card?  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 4:07 pm

Thanks, SpeciesTraitor! No, I was not aware of the 2020 Nova Scotia attack, thanks for bringing it to my attention! I will certainly look into it. As far as police/law enforcement incompetence, I feel it exists everywhere however this particular shooting was unique because he went from one location to another in record time so while the police were responding to the bowling alley, not 10 minutes from my home, he’s shooting up the restaurant/pool hall. As sick of an individual as he was, he clearly planned this out. Anyone in the area felt panicked when news broke because we didn’t know where he was and what would happen next, which caused the “shelter in place” for two days. As someone who has researched mass shootings since 2007, it was surreal to me that this was happening in my back yard.

As of right now, 4 months after the attacks, Schemengee’s will not be reopening however Just-in-Time bowling will be reopening and are completely renovating the entire inside. I was going to post pics of the renovation to give you an idea of the inside but my Facebook is not working. More to come!
Back to top Go down
RickMaster

RickMaster

Contribution Points : 9351
Forum Reputation : 113

PostSubject: Re: Why does no one give a shit about Robert Card?    Why does no one give a shit about Robert Card?  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2024 12:49 am

Because we there is nothing interesting to know about him.

After all the mass shootings the US has seen, a guy like him is nothing new.

Even with a high kill count, people just, kind of forgot about him.

I bet if one day there's another person on this forum who kills again, we'd forget about that person in just a few day's.

That's just the way i see things.

-Roddy "The Rod" Piper, "They Live" (1988)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why does no one give a shit about Robert Card?    Why does no one give a shit about Robert Card?  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why does no one give a shit about Robert Card?
Page 1 of 1