Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Susan Klebold is writing a book

Go down 
+5
philosopher_king
queenfarooq
fatlittleparasite
Mj2beat
em81
9 posters
AuthorMessage
em81

Contribution Points : 101249
Forum Reputation : 3

Susan Klebold is writing a book Empty
PostSubject: Susan Klebold is writing a book   Susan Klebold is writing a book Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2014 3:22 pm

it´s like one of my wishes comes true... Smile

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Mj2beat

Contribution Points : 95079
Forum Reputation : 24

PostSubject: Re: Susan Klebold is writing a book   Susan Klebold is writing a book Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2014 4:02 pm

This is wonderful news cheers I will wait for it with a lot of anxiety. I just wonder what else she has to tell us since many things about her life after Columbine are already out.

The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile but that it is indifferent; but if we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death — however mutable man may be able to make them — our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light
Back to top Go down
em81

PostSubject: Re: Susan Klebold is writing a book   Susan Klebold is writing a book Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2014 4:10 pm

she is such an amazing woman. i wrote a letter to her, but never send it because i thought it would annoy her after such a long time. I am really curious about her book.
Back to top Go down
fatlittleparasite

Contribution Points : 97702
Forum Reputation : 4

PostSubject: Re: Susan Klebold is writing a book   Susan Klebold is writing a book Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2014 4:21 pm

This is exciting! I wonder how much of it (if any) she has prepared so far.
Back to top Go down
Mj2beat

PostSubject: Re: Susan Klebold is writing a book   Susan Klebold is writing a book Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2014 4:23 pm

em81 wrote:
she is such an amazing woman. i wrote a letter to her, but never send it because i thought it would annoy her after such a long time. I am really curious about her book.

Many people write letters for her and Tom and they dont seem annoy for it, they appreciate it most of the time. I want to write her a letter too someday but I havent decided if send it or not. I bet that she is doing this not only to help herself but also to answer a lot of questions of people interested in the case that have asked her stuff in those letters or in person. I have a lot of expectations now about the book and I cant wait for it and its date release.

The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile but that it is indifferent; but if we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death — however mutable man may be able to make them — our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light
Back to top Go down
queenfarooq

Contribution Points : 102387
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Susan Klebold is writing a book   Susan Klebold is writing a book Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2014 4:56 pm

I saw a similar story here:
So far none of the comments under the article are positive.
Back to top Go down
em81

PostSubject: Re: Susan Klebold is writing a book   Susan Klebold is writing a book Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2014 5:06 pm

i don´t understand why people are so stupid and ignorant. the families of the victims get money from the Klebolds, also the Harris family etc. And no money can change that your kid is dead.

I am glad that she donate the money for a good purpose. i hope all the stupid comments doesn´t make to change her opinion. that would be sad.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Mj2beat

PostSubject: Re: Susan Klebold is writing a book   Susan Klebold is writing a book Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2014 5:13 pm

queenfarooq wrote:

Those comments are very harsh and show how people still love to be ignorant and jugde others without know nothing about the topic. Money wont replace your death kid in the first place and I bet that the victims's families wouldnt want money from the book. And is ironic how they buy a book from a writer that didnt even meet Eric and Dylan and accept what he claims but not accept the book one of the closest person of one of them that can tell more realistic things and inform us better about Dylan and the whole situation.

Back to top Go down
em81

PostSubject: Re: Susan Klebold is writing a book   Susan Klebold is writing a book Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2014 5:22 pm

This confirms all my thoughts about society... Crying or Very sad i wrote a comment, think they will downrated me for it...

i can only hope these people didn´t know anything about Columbine and that´s why they are so ignorant (?)
Back to top Go down
philosopher_king

philosopher_king

Contribution Points : 101347
Forum Reputation : 8

PostSubject: Re: Susan Klebold is writing a book   Susan Klebold is writing a book Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2014 6:24 pm

I remember Emerson mentioned a few years ago that she was going to write a book eventually. it seems the right time to do it given the time pasted and the previous few opportunity she has spoken out.

I am curious what she has to say, but I expect at least a conversation on the mental health issue, rather than little new details on the Columbine case.
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 96566
Forum Reputation : 52

PostSubject: Re: Susan Klebold is writing a book   Susan Klebold is writing a book Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2014 11:44 pm

How long do you guys think it will be until release? I'd say 2 to 3 since the article I read said the book was in the planning stages now. Do you think it will sell well? A lot of people were angry she wrote the Oprah article and she herself and the article itself received a huge amount of criticism.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
fatlittleparasite

PostSubject: Re: Susan Klebold is writing a book   Susan Klebold is writing a book Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2014 9:00 am

queenfarooq wrote:

Usually the comment section under any news article is enough to make you understand why Eric and Dylan hated most humans so much.
Back to top Go down
fatlittleparasite

PostSubject: Re: Susan Klebold is writing a book   Susan Klebold is writing a book Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2014 9:04 am

Also, I'm seeing a bit of Cullen dogma in the comments -_-
Back to top Go down
Mj2beat

PostSubject: Re: Susan Klebold is writing a book   Susan Klebold is writing a book Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2014 10:46 am

fatlittleparasite wrote:
queenfarooq wrote:

Usually the comment section under any news article is enough to make you understand why Eric and Dylan hated most humans so much.

So so true!!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Susan Klebold is writing a book   Susan Klebold is writing a book Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2014 10:55 am

Most of the comments scream "let's just swipe problems under the rug!" . As if they don't pile up until you can't deal with the sheer volume of issues anymore and then ... something horrible happens.

Edit: And man, I don't want to seem like a fangirl or not here but I love how people think it's a viable idea to keep so much control of your kids they can't make a move without being watched. While I do believe the case was a "perfect storm" thus a mixture of many things, bullying was also a part of it (though I do not believe it was neither THE reason nor did it play an extremely big part in it. Nonetheless, it DID play part) and it's really disheartening how striving for (laugh all you want) peace and love and understanding (basically a high school utopia -something ) in HS is seen as impossible. A high school where everyone gets perfectly along and understand eachother is probably impossible but trying to achieve something as close as possible to it shouldn't be. People will always avoid the real issue, swipe the others under the rug and somehow pray the ugly truth underneath won't burst from there.

Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: Susan Klebold is writing a book   Susan Klebold is writing a book Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2014 8:35 pm

I would love to read the book and I think it is very brave of Susan Klebold to write a book and put herself, her pain, her experiences and her life out there .I think I would be too afraid to write a book if I was in her shoes. This does make me concerned that releasing the book will unleash a whole new wave of hatred and vicious criticism towards the family. They've already been through so much that I worry about how this might affect them. Do you think I am right to be so concerned, or that the family has already survived the worst thing that could happen to them so they can handle anything thrown their way?
Back to top Go down
Mj2beat

PostSubject: Re: Susan Klebold is writing a book   Susan Klebold is writing a book Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2014 9:03 pm

PaintItBlack wrote:
I would love to read the book and I think it is very brave of Susan Klebold to write a book and put herself, her pain, her experiences and her life out there .I think I would be too afraid to write a book if I was in her shoes. This does make me concerned that releasing the book will unleash a whole new wave of hatred and vicious criticism towards the family. They've already been through so much that I worry about how this might affect them. Do you think I am right to be so concerned, or that the family has already survived the worst thing that could happen to them so they can handle anything thrown their way?

I am a bit concern too because Susan seems to be a sensitive woman but I think that they have survived the worse like losing their son and receive all those negative critics since the massacre happened so now they can definitely handle what is coming, negative or positive and if Susan decided to release the book now its because she feels ready to confront the situation and what has happened to her in the last 15 years.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Susan Klebold is writing a book   Susan Klebold is writing a book Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 2:05 am

i am very excited for whats to come, i doubt people's opinions will sway her decision to write the book or not. The book deal has already been made.
Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 98018
Forum Reputation : 154

PostSubject: Re: Susan Klebold is writing a book   Susan Klebold is writing a book Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 11:54 am

I don't expect too much from the book really. I guess there will be tales of how sweet Dylan seemed & his normal teenage behaviour. She will of course have no real conclusion of what made him do it.

Good on her though for writing it. I hope in some way it helps her like it does for Amanda doing her videos on YouTube.
Back to top Go down
gutenfxckintag

Contribution Points : 92629
Forum Reputation : 8

PostSubject: Re: Susan Klebold is writing a book   Susan Klebold is writing a book Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2014 9:49 pm

em81 wrote:
i don´t understand why people are so stupid and ignorant. the families of the victims get money from the Klebolds, also the Harris family etc. And no money can change that your kid is dead.

I am glad that she donate the money for a good purpose. i hope all the stupid comments doesn´t make to change her opinion. that would be sad.

Speaking of ignorance...

Not every family who got money from them went after it for the sake of simply money. But somehow it's okay for you to generalize and criticize THEM for acting like families of tragedies do (like it's a competition) and make insensitive comments about THEM. It's not like any of those 13 families have tried to do things for good purposes.

What I see there is a mix of opinions in the comments section. (Click "view all" snd see all 106 comments). The comments are not a bag of trail mix. Y'all can't pick out and pay attention the ones you want to point out and ignore the rest. Y'all can't just pick out all the insensitive ones and say everyone who comments has the same attitude.

The people who understand the subject will have sympathy for her. Some other people are ignorant and insensitive. Some are ignorant of the subject and have bought Cullen's BS but still have sympathy for her. You'll feel better if you think "Wow, what an ignorant comment that person made. They're just being stupid and don't know what they're talking about. It's a good thing there are some of us who get it."
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: Susan Klebold is writing a book   Susan Klebold is writing a book Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2014 10:57 pm

Has anyone seen any more articles or reaction to the book?

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: Susan Klebold is writing a book   Susan Klebold is writing a book Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2014 11:27 pm

Just like clockwork, good old Trench posts about the book and goes on the attack.In my eyes this man is just so cold hearted.

Back to top Go down
em81

PostSubject: Re: Susan Klebold is writing a book   Susan Klebold is writing a book Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 3:17 pm

I didn´t read any reaction from the victims parents. I remember the reactions after Susans "I will never know why" article...

Trench is just an asshole, so he doesn´t matter for me Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Susan Klebold is writing a book   Susan Klebold is writing a book Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 3:59 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Can't wait~!
Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

PostSubject: Re: Susan Klebold is writing a book   Susan Klebold is writing a book Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 5:38 am

Has anyone heard anything further with regards to a release date? I couldn't see anything on the publishers website so I've pinged them an email asking where we are up to.

Been a good 8 months since the news was announced. I'm not sure how painful the process it but it can't be too far away now can it? Sue had already written it, it was going to be edited in September last year.
Back to top Go down
Nirvana92

Nirvana92

Contribution Points : 83214
Forum Reputation : 80

PostSubject: Re: Susan Klebold is writing a book   Susan Klebold is writing a book Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 10:14 am

Radioactive_Clothing wrote:
Has anyone heard anything further with regards to a release date? I couldn't see anything on the publishers website so I've pinged them an email asking where we are up to.

Been a good 8 months since the news was announced. I'm not sure how painful the process it but it can't be too far away now can it? Sue had already written it, it was going to be edited in September last year.

I was half expecting some news on the book to be announced around the anniversary but that didnt happen. I doubt Sue would want the book released on or around the anniversary though. She's done her best to seperate the Dylan she knew as a son from the killer who participated in the massacre. The book will more than likely focus on being a parent of a child who kills and living with what comes after instead of a biography on Dylan. I'm not sure there's much else to say in regard to Dylan other than what the Klebolds already stated in Far From the Tree. Sue is very brave though for taking the time to write about her feelings. Its definitely more than the Harris family has done.
Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

PostSubject: Re: Susan Klebold is writing a book   Susan Klebold is writing a book Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 9:43 am

I spoke to one of they guys at the publishers (the company who will be publishing it here in the UK) and he said they've had nothing through yet from the guy who is editing it. Therefore I expect it's still a while off actually being published.
Back to top Go down
fatlittleparasite

PostSubject: Re: Susan Klebold is writing a book   Susan Klebold is writing a book Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 7:30 pm

Thanks for the update, Radioactive!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Susan Klebold is writing a book   Susan Klebold is writing a book Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Susan Klebold is writing a book
Page 1 of 1