Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are some common misconceptions about a mass killing/mass killer?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jason

Jason

Contribution Points : 22437
Forum Reputation : 27

What are some common misconceptions about a mass killing/mass killer? Empty
PostSubject: What are some common misconceptions about a mass killing/mass killer?   What are some common misconceptions about a mass killing/mass killer? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2024 9:28 pm

I'll start:

Nikolas Cruz did not pull the fire alarm to draw students out of classrooms. It actually went off due to smoke from Cruz's gun and dust falling from ceiling tiles.

Randy Stair's relatively low kill count was not because he was a bad shot and missed victims, it was because there were only 5 people in the store at the time of the shooting, including him. There was only 1 survivor of the attack, who Stair intentionally spared.

Omar Mateen did not target Pulse because it was an LGBT nightclub. He was an Islamic extremist who committed the attack as a protest against U.S. foreign policy in the Middle East.

Akrn1337 likes this post

Back to top Go down
CoreyVanVonWeg

CoreyVanVonWeg

Contribution Points : 11511
Forum Reputation : 80

PostSubject: Re: What are some common misconceptions about a mass killing/mass killer?   What are some common misconceptions about a mass killing/mass killer? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2024 10:08 pm

Wellington Oliveira did not introduce himself as a lecturer to the security guard, he introduced himself as a former student looking for his school record.

Campo Elias was not a Vietnam veteran, he called himself one but his military record shows that he participated after the war.

Gabriel Castiglioni was not a Nazi, despite his articles related to Nazism, he told the police that he chose them only for aesthetics.

Alec Mckinney and Devon Erickson did not go to different classrooms but rather went to the same classroom (Lame attack they got the same score of a 11 years old kid lmao)

Elephant is based in the FBI reports of Columbine with 100% of accuracy

Akrn1337 likes this post

Adrenochrome dislikes this post

Back to top Go down
Akrn1337

Akrn1337

Contribution Points : 6355
Forum Reputation : 182

PostSubject: Re: What are some common misconceptions about a mass killing/mass killer?   What are some common misconceptions about a mass killing/mass killer? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2024 6:32 am

CoreyVanVonWeg wrote:

Gabriel Castiglioni was not a Nazi, despite his articles related to Nazism, he told the police that he chose them only for aesthetics.

Wasn't he related with accelerationist groups? I heard that he joined the Brazilian branch of Atomwaffen and had a contact with its members online. Maybe I'm wrong, but accelerationism is not the same as Nazism, so maybe he was a "non-Nazi" accelerationist?
Back to top Go down
CoreyVanVonWeg

CoreyVanVonWeg

Contribution Points : 11511
Forum Reputation : 80

PostSubject: Re: What are some common misconceptions about a mass killing/mass killer?   What are some common misconceptions about a mass killing/mass killer? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2024 6:49 am

Akrn1337 wrote:
CoreyVanVonWeg wrote:

Wasn't he related with accelerationist groups? I heard that he joined the Brazilian branch of Atomwaffen and had a contact with its members online. Maybe I'm wrong, but accelerationism is not the same as Nazism, so maybe he was a "non-Nazi" accelerationist?

I don't know where you got that information from, I personally never heard of it.

The available information mentions that, as I said, he confessed that he had only used the Nazi for aesthetics and that according to him he did not even know the meaning of the symbol, that he had been planning the shooting due to the bullying he suffered at his previous school and that no one knew about it his plans.

According to an Aracruz officer related to the shooting investigations, Gabriel was fascinated with the school massacres, especially Columbine and Suzano, and consumed content related to the same topic.

His father said that about 3 years before the shooting, Gabriel began to complain about the bullying that was done to him, the same years in which, according to his interrogation, he began to plan the shootings.
Back to top Go down
Akrn1337

Akrn1337

Contribution Points : 6355
Forum Reputation : 182

PostSubject: Re: What are some common misconceptions about a mass killing/mass killer?   What are some common misconceptions about a mass killing/mass killer? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2024 7:30 am

CoreyVanVonWeg wrote:
Akrn1337 wrote:
CoreyVanVonWeg wrote:

I don't know where you got that information from, I personally never heard of it.

The available information mentions that, as I said, he confessed that he had only used the Nazi for aesthetics and that according to him he did not even know the meaning of the symbol, that he had been planning the shooting due to the bullying he suffered at his previous school and that no one knew about it his plans.

According to an Aracruz officer related to the shooting investigations, Gabriel was fascinated with the school massacres, especially Columbine and Suzano, and consumed content related to the same topic.

His father said that about 3 years before the shooting, Gabriel began to complain about the bullying that was done to him, the same years in which, according to his interrogation, he began to plan the shootings.

He was active in the group called "The Brazilian Anti-Semitic Movement" that promotes militant accelerationism. The group had Telegram channel (which was a part of "Terrorgram" network related to Atomwaffen), but was also active in real life with several members arrested for planning terrorist actions against the government.

I know that he was a Columbiner, but I think he was also an accelerationist.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are some common misconceptions about a mass killing/mass killer?   What are some common misconceptions about a mass killing/mass killer? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are some common misconceptions about a mass killing/mass killer?
Page 1 of 1