Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rebel with a Cause

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 98018
Forum Reputation : 154

Rebel with a Cause Empty
PostSubject: Rebel with a Cause   Rebel with a Cause Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2015 5:39 pm

I've only just realised they made this. I found it quite sad really. Makes you feel for Frank.

Last edited by Radioactive_Clothing on Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118783
Forum Reputation : 1004

Rebel with a Cause Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebel with a Cause   Rebel with a Cause Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2015 5:48 pm

Not sure if it will work for anyone outside the United States.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

Rebel with a Cause Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebel with a Cause   Rebel with a Cause Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2015 6:01 pm

Sorry, I forgot the link.

I used the same one you provided and it worked fine for me in the UK.
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 124059
Forum Reputation : 1001

Rebel with a Cause Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebel with a Cause   Rebel with a Cause Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2015 1:07 am

n/a

Last edited by sororityalpha on Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:18 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

Rebel with a Cause Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebel with a Cause   Rebel with a Cause Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2015 4:03 am

Yeah, thank you for the link. I will definitely be watching this tonight after work. It seems extremely interesting. I wasn't aware that D'angelis had retired.
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 96566
Forum Reputation : 52

Rebel with a Cause Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebel with a Cause   Rebel with a Cause Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2015 12:52 am

Nothing could make me feel badly for Frank except the illness or death of him or a close family member of his.I think he was a horrible Principal and some of the blame of this should be laid squarely on his shoulders.I realize it is not a popular opinion but it is the one I firmly hold.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118783
Forum Reputation : 1004

Rebel with a Cause Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebel with a Cause   Rebel with a Cause Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2015 1:11 am

PaintItBlack wrote:
Nothing could make me feel badly for Frank except the illness or death of him or a close family member of his.I think he was a horrible Principal and some of the blame of this should be laid squarely on his shoulders.I realize it is not a popular opinion but it is the one I firmly hold.

I think there are quite a few people who believe Frank wasn't that great of a principal. The whole 'No bullying went on in Columbine' rubs a lot of people the wrong way about this guy. I mean, he set up security cameras to catch students leaving trash on the Cafeteria tables. Not to catch students bullying others. And, when it was seen on camera, it was most likely ignored. It's OK to bully and push other students, but FFS, don't leave your Pepsi can sitting on the table.

Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

Rebel with a Cause Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebel with a Cause   Rebel with a Cause Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2015 7:57 am

I've thought about this documentary for the last couple of days.

It is quite moving seeing the kids in the hallways with a smile on their face. I know that the ones it filmed won't have been there back in 1999, but it's a pleasant change from the only other images we get to see of the school are ones with Eric & Dylan in them or footage of kids running out of there crying at seeing their classmates gunned down.

I watched another short clip too showing that Dave Sanders memorial had been trashed and the school and local park seemed to be in a debate as to who should tidy it up. It showed Frank getting it sorted 24 hours after it was reported. I do wonder how long it's been like that though (it was Dave's step daughter who discovered it & she claims to visit around once a month).
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Rebel with a Cause Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebel with a Cause   Rebel with a Cause Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2015 8:16 pm

Jenn,
When I wrote that I was just speaking of people in general. When this first happened and all the tales of bullying emerged, I fully expected him to be fired. Instead the community rallied around him .Since then no doubt thanks in a large part to Cullen's glowing portrayal I feel he has gotten way too much praise and not nearly the amount of blame and criticism that I feel is duly his.

Jenn wrote:
PaintItBlack wrote:

I think there are quite a few people who believe Frank wasn't that great of a principal. The whole 'No bullying went on in Columbine' rubs a lot of people the wrong way about this guy. I mean, he set up security cameras to catch students leaving trash on the Cafeteria tables. Not to catch students bullying others. And, when it was seen on camera, it was most likely ignored. It's OK to bully and push other students, but FFS, don't leave your Pepsi can sitting on the table.
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Rebel with a Cause Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebel with a Cause   Rebel with a Cause Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2015 8:25 pm

Another huge problem I have with Frank is that while he reached out to the family's of the victims for a year after the shootings on their birthdays and on the 1st Anniversary, he or nobody else from the school or school system ever lifted one finger to reach out to the H &K families. No matter what E and D were students at the school and their parents had a huge loss. The fact that Frank and crew ignored their loss and pain angers and disgust me.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

Rebel with a Cause Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebel with a Cause   Rebel with a Cause Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2015 2:25 am

Maybe he's amongst those who blames the parents?
Back to top Go down
Juicy Jazzy

Juicy Jazzy

Contribution Points : 98544
Forum Reputation : 21

Rebel with a Cause Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebel with a Cause   Rebel with a Cause Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2015 3:42 am

sororityalpha wrote:
Thank you for the link

If anyone cannot see the video, you can download it here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

How did you download it? I collect all things Columbine and I tried so hard to rip the video from the website but couldn't. How did you do it?
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Rebel with a Cause Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebel with a Cause   Rebel with a Cause Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2015 7:08 pm

Maybe. But he is a parent himself and so he should have been able to summon up some type of sympathy for E &D's parents. The fact that he didn't combined with his administration style before the shooting says to me that his compassion is not as great as his admirers seem to believe. To make the situation worse in my eyes, I don't think I've ever heard him or almost anymore connected with the school even acknowledge the huge loss that E &D's parents suffered.

Radioactive_Clothing wrote:
Maybe he's amongst those who blames the parents?
Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

Rebel with a Cause Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebel with a Cause   Rebel with a Cause Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2015 5:47 am

I think it would be foolish of him to come out and publicly acknowledge the loss that Eric & Dylan's parents had suffered. It wouldn't do anyone any favours coming out with that. His priority must lie with the 13 victims families and not risk upset to them (yes, I know some people like to say 15 victims but we'll do that in another thread!)

Maybe he does blame them, but he can still feel their loss.

For all we know - perhaps he had been in contact with them expressing his sympathy sometime afterwards. The Harris's or Klebold's aren't going to ring the media just to let everyone know Frank had been in touch.
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Rebel with a Cause Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebel with a Cause   Rebel with a Cause Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2015 10:57 pm

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree because I couldn't see it more differently.

Radioactive_Clothing wrote:
I think it would be foolish of him to come out and publicly acknowledge the loss that Eric & Dylan's parents had suffered. It wouldn't do anyone any favours coming out with that. His priority must lie with the 13 victims families and not risk upset to them (yes, I know some people like to say 15 victims but we'll do that in another thread!)

Maybe he does blame them, but he can still feel their loss.

For all we know - perhaps he had been in contact with them expressing his sympathy sometime afterwards. The Harris's or Klebold's aren't going to ring the media just to let everyone know Frank had been in touch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rebel with a Cause Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebel with a Cause   Rebel with a Cause Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rebel with a Cause
Page 1 of 1