Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The hammer and sickle vs The swastika

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MysteryMan

Contribution Points : 90383
Forum Reputation : 12

The hammer and sickle vs The swastika  Empty
PostSubject: The hammer and sickle vs The swastika    The hammer and sickle vs The swastika  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2015 11:15 am

Maybe I'm weird but I find some of it hilarious.
- As was mentioned in a few statements E & D made nazi comments and gestures especially during bowling lessons. It's kind of funny in Dylan's case whom had Jewish roots. If he'd lived in Europe during II WW under german occupation than he would have gone straight to the gas chamber in one of the death camps. I don't think he ever thought about that.
- Randy Brown mentioned probably in "Columbine Killers" that she saw on the one of the BT tapes that during chatting between E&D the last confesses that he is a Jew and E looks at him with disdain and disbelief and D for a moment is confuse and frightened. Was he afraid that E would rise a shotgun a blow his head off? Laughing I wonder how Eric felt knowing that his best friend was a Jew and did he look at Dylan in different way after that?
- After the massacre a red star medallion containing a sickle and a hammer was found on his left boot. Anyone knows did he make any communistic remarks tough?
- Eric put on his site remarks that he hates racists I wonder what happened later that he changed his mind. As I know not many non-white students were at Columbine at that time.
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 97715
Forum Reputation : 440

PostSubject: Re: The hammer and sickle vs The swastika    The hammer and sickle vs The swastika  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2015 12:04 pm

MysteryMan wrote:
Maybe I'm weird but I find some of it hilarious.
- As was mentioned in a few statements E & D made nazi comments and gestures especially during bowling lessons. It's kind of funny in Dylan's case whom had Jewish roots. If he'd lived in Europe during II WW under german occupation than he would have gone straight to the gas chamber in one of the death camps. I don't think he ever thought about that.
- Randy Brown mentioned probably in "Columbine Killers" that she saw on the one of the BT tapes that during chatting between E&D the last confesses that he is a Jew and E looks at him with disdain and disbelief and D for a moment is confuse and frightened. Was he afraid that E would rise a shotgun a blow his head off? Laughing I wonder how Eric felt knowing that his best friend was a Jew and did he look at Dylan in different way after that?
- After the massacre a red star medallion containing a sickle and a hammer was found on his left boot. Anyone knows did he make any communistic remarks tough?
- Eric put on his site remarks that he hates racists I wonder what happened later that he changed his mind. As I know not many non-white students were at Columbine at that time.

I remember vaguely people who spoke about older TCM members would sometimes mention that they were leftists, some student in the 11k I think told they police that he thought TCM is a bunch of commies or pinkos or some such word.

Also, KMFDM and Rammstein are both left-leaning groups.

Dylan having a Sickle&hammer symbol on his boot would thus not be out of the ordinary as far as TCM outfits were concerned.

As for nazi symbols, I think the media hugely overplayed that part. I strongly believe E&D used the swastika and the pentagram for dramaic effect only as general signs of evil, violence and chaos. I donot think there was any realistic and significant political affiliation going there for either of them.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
fatlittleparasite

Contribution Points : 97827
Forum Reputation : 4

PostSubject: Re: The hammer and sickle vs The swastika    The hammer and sickle vs The swastika  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2015 3:12 pm

Something I have noticed is that a lot of people don't really understand that the symbols represent ideologies on the opposite ends of the political spectrum.

When we were in high school, my boyfriend went through a phase with one of his friends where they would wear ushankas with sickle and hammer pins on them. Then our peers would joke with/make fun of them and call them Nazis...

I think the two get conflated because they both bring to mind oppressive dictators and have the general connotation of radicalism, which young people sometimes cling to without really understanding the views themselves or the history behind it in their quest for a unique identity.

I'm not sure if this applies to E/D though. They both seemed smart enough to know what each symbol referred to, but I'm not sure what their actual political beliefs were, and I suppose I wouldn't be too surprised to find out that Eric leaned more right and Dylan more left. However, I don't think Eric put much thought into whether his views matched those of the Nazis. I think, like Sabratha said, he and Dylan used the symbols for dramatic effect to seem more evil and intimidating, because Swastikas are instantly taboo.

As for Eric's apparent antisemitism based on his reaction to Dylan, I think it has more to do with playing the part than any real beliefs he may have held.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The hammer and sickle vs The swastika    The hammer and sickle vs The swastika  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The hammer and sickle vs The swastika
Page 1 of 1