Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Student film "Bullet Time" Columbine influenced

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Fatheroftwo

Contribution Points : 83263
Forum Reputation : 0

Student film "Bullet Time"  Columbine influenced Empty
PostSubject: Student film "Bullet Time" Columbine influenced   Student film "Bullet Time"  Columbine influenced Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2015 6:54 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Warsaw University/Polish students group Slikrat produced this Columbine influenced amateur film that became infamous when linked to Sandy Hook shooter Adam Lanza. Lanza found it on youtube & made references & promotes the film on the message board "Super Columbine Massacre RPG".

Excellent film in my opinion. At the bottom right corner of your youtube interface click for English subtitles.

One of our own posters here played a key role in the making of the film.
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 97590
Forum Reputation : 440

PostSubject: Re: Student film "Bullet Time" Columbine influenced   Student film "Bullet Time"  Columbine influenced Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 7:07 am

Fatheroftwo wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Warsaw University/Polish students group Slikrat produced this Columbine influenced amateur film that became infamous when linked to Sandy Hook shooter Adam Lanza.  Lanza found it on youtube & made references & promotes the film on the message board "Super Columbine Massacre RPG".

Excellent film in my opinion.  At the bottom right corner of your youtube interface click for English subtitles.

That'd be me.

As for Lanza, I never knew the guy, he never sent me any private messages on the old forums. I was pretty much ceasing to be an active poster at the same time Lanza was just starting to post there. I know Lanza was following my old posts carefully and made positive comments on the film, something I'm not very thrilled about.

As for the film becoming "infamous" or "famous" I'd say that is a huge overstatement.

The film remains largely unknown and very few people seen it. The filnal part of the english subtitles movie has some 800+ views on youtube currently.

In contrast, the Chernobyl disaster short film made by the same movie making group (film: "Chernobyl -Wormwood and the Flame") has almost 5 000 views, while the group's short film on dissidents and police brutality in Belarus ("Belarus- fighting for freedom") has over 17 500 views currently.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
Fatheroftwo

Contribution Points : 83263
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Student film "Bullet Time" Columbine influenced   Student film "Bullet Time"  Columbine influenced Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 1:49 pm

Sabratha:

I'll check out the Chernobyl film.. last summer saw a great documentary/source escapes me.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Student film "Bullet Time" Columbine influenced   Student film "Bullet Time"  Columbine influenced Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 4:31 pm

Sabratha wrote:
Fatheroftwo wrote:

Warsaw University/Polish students group Slikrat produced this Columbine influenced amateur film that became infamous when linked to Sandy Hook shooter Adam Lanza.  Lanza found it on youtube & made references & promotes the film on the message board "Super Columbine Massacre RPG".

Excellent film in my opinion.  At the bottom right corner of your youtube interface click for English subtitles.

That'd be me.

As for Lanza, I never knew the guy, he never sent me any private messages on the old forums. I was pretty much ceasing to be an active poster at the same time Lanza was just starting to post there. I know Lanza was following my old posts carefully and made positive comments on the film, something I'm not very thrilled about.

As for the film becoming "infamous" or "famous" I'd say that is a huge overstatement.

The film remains largely unknown and very few people seen it. The filnal part of the english subtitles movie has some 800+ views on youtube currently.

In contrast, the Chernobyl disaster short film made by the same movie making group (film: "Chernobyl -Wormwood and the Flame") has almost 5 000 views, while the group's short film on dissidents and police brutality in Belarus ("Belarus- fighting for freedom") has over 17 500 views currently.

Were you in the movie Bullet Time?
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

PostSubject: Re: Student film "Bullet Time" Columbine influenced   Student film "Bullet Time"  Columbine influenced Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 5:33 pm

virtual wrote:

I decline to answer this sort of questions. Primary reason being I stronly prefer to keep my online persence separated from my RL persence.

I can confirm that I had a hand in writing the script and that's it.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Student film "Bullet Time" Columbine influenced   Student film "Bullet Time"  Columbine influenced Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 5:46 pm

Sabratha wrote:
virtual wrote:

I decline to answer this sort of questions. Primary reason being I stronly prefer to keep my online persence separated from my RL persence.

Oh so you are. Great. Thank you. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Student film "Bullet Time" Columbine influenced   Student film "Bullet Time"  Columbine influenced Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 5:47 pm

Sabratha wrote:
virtual wrote:

Just watched the movie again. It was great.
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

PostSubject: Re: Student film "Bullet Time" Columbine influenced   Student film "Bullet Time"  Columbine influenced Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2015 8:35 am

Given some of the recent influx of people commenting on this, SILKRAT released an official statement:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Student film "Bullet Time" Columbine influenced   Student film "Bullet Time"  Columbine influenced Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2015 9:59 am

Sabratha wrote:
Given some of the recent influx of people commenting on this, SILKRAT released an official statement:

Well the shooter Adam Lanza was a previous forum member named Smiggles. Isn't that weird. lol
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

PostSubject: Re: Student film "Bullet Time" Columbine influenced   Student film "Bullet Time"  Columbine influenced Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2015 10:17 am

virtual wrote:
Sabratha wrote:

Well the shooter Adam Lanza was a previous forum member named Smiggles. Isn't that weird. lol

Yes he was. In all probablity, I would assume he found our film through my profile from the old forums.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Student film "Bullet Time" Columbine influenced   Student film "Bullet Time"  Columbine influenced Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2015 11:38 am

Sabratha wrote:
virtual wrote:
Sabratha wrote:

Yes he was. In all probablity, I would assume he found our film through my profile from the old forums.

Who was the lead actor in the movie? That shorter thinner guy? I always thought he was SilkRat. I like the acting job of the bigger guy too, great work.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Student film "Bullet Time" Columbine influenced   Student film "Bullet Time"  Columbine influenced Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2015 11:40 am

Sabratha wrote:
virtual wrote:
Sabratha wrote:

The movie has such a HUGE buildup to the shooting and sadly there isn't much of the shooting in the film. It would be awesome if it had just a bit more action at the end. Good though.
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

PostSubject: Re: Student film "Bullet Time" Columbine influenced   Student film "Bullet Time"  Columbine influenced Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 8:28 am

virtual wrote:

Who was the lead actor in the movie? That shorter thinner guy? I always thought he was SilkRat. I like the acting job of the bigger guy too, great work.

The skinny guy is Michal (Mike) Wisniewski. The big guy is Jan Kuncewicz. SILKRAT is the name of the whole mivie making student group. All of the people in the film (except the few cameo appearances by people in their 40s and 50s - friends and family of the students) were at the time Warsaw university students, all were from the Philosophy, Psychology, English studies or MISH departments.

virtual wrote:

The movie has such a HUGE buildup to the shooting and sadly there isn't much of the shooting in the film. It would be awesome if it had just a bit more action at the end. Good though.
This is both by design and necessity. First is that this is a zero-budget student film and we certainly had no desire to spend our own money of expensive special effects. Secondly, we deliberately made the film's central point to be the behavior, personality and motives of the shooters. We decided not to have any detailed description of the actaul event, aside from scattered fragments of witness reports in the openign scenes. We also deliberately not provided any info on how many people were to die in this fictional shooting or wether or not the car bombs went off etc.
Our "role model" so to speka was "Zero Day" much more than "Elephant" or "Duck!".

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Student film "Bullet Time" Columbine influenced   Student film "Bullet Time"  Columbine influenced Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Student film "Bullet Time" Columbine influenced
Page 1 of 1