Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Why is Jeff Kass' book rated so poor?

Go down 
+2
PaintItBlack
lol
6 posters
AuthorMessage
lol

Contribution Points : 102047
Forum Reputation : 325

Why is Jeff Kass' book rated so poor? Empty
PostSubject: Why is Jeff Kass' book rated so poor?   Why is Jeff Kass' book rated so poor? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2015 1:00 am

Especially when you compare it to Cullenbine. I've looked at multiple sites and Jeff Kass book was rated poorly compared to Cullenbine.

Truly unbelievable. Kass' book is the closest to find the most legitimate Columbine research, and yet everyone likes Cullenbine's BS made up fanfiction.
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 95841
Forum Reputation : 52

PostSubject: Re: Why is Jeff Kass' book rated so poor?   Why is Jeff Kass' book rated so poor? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2015 4:17 am

I don't know.
I think Kass book was a good quality book, although I did not like or approve of how he portrays the parents of E &D in the book.
The only thing I can come up with is that Kass didn't claim to have the mystery of Columbine tied up in a neat bow and he had a lot more advertising and media hype than Kass.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
lol

Contribution Points : 102047
Forum Reputation : 325

PostSubject: Re: Why is Jeff Kass' book rated so poor?   Why is Jeff Kass' book rated so poor? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2015 10:53 pm

Good point.

Anyone else? Is It really just because that quack Cullen advertised himself on everything based on Columbine?
Back to top Go down
carrie12

Contribution Points : 100618
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Why is Jeff Kass' book rated so poor?   Why is Jeff Kass' book rated so poor? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 12:19 pm

I think it really has a lot to do with the media hype and Cullen talking into every mic available to him. Both books came out around the same time and Cullen clearly stole the show with his "I'm the expert, ask me"-attitude. To me, Kass did a lot more journalist's work and what I specifically like about his book is that it presents information - it doesn't pretend to having read E & D's minds. But maybe that is exactly what most readers wanted: an explanation, an interpretation of their mindsets -even at the price of getting a fiction.
Back to top Go down
Dylan'sgirl

Dylan'sgirl

Contribution Points : 80994
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Why is Jeff Kass' book rated so poor?   Why is Jeff Kass' book rated so poor? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2015 5:45 pm

I am currently reading his book as a pdf and I got really confused.. What was the names of two people who have been with Dave Sanders, giving him first aid? I'm sure it was Aaron ? In the pdf version he claimed it was 2 Kevins

PostSubject: Re: Why is Jeff Kass' book rated so poor?   Why is Jeff Kass' book rated so poor? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2015 11:11 pm

I really like Kass' book.... I also have Cullen's book and after read the other one, I can see how he portrays Dylan as "innocent". It is a shame that he couldn't get past the opinions that all of Dylan's family and friends portrayed him as and look at his journal objectively... Both of them were angry at the world
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118045
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: Why is Jeff Kass' book rated so poor?   Why is Jeff Kass' book rated so poor? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2015 11:47 pm

Dylan'sgirl wrote:
I am currently reading his book as a pdf and I got really confused.. What was the names of two people who have been with Dave Sanders, giving him first aid? I'm sure it was Aaron ? In the pdf version he claimed it was 2 Kevins

Aaron Hancey and Kevin Starkey.

Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 96860
Forum Reputation : 440

PostSubject: Re: Why is Jeff Kass' book rated so poor?   Why is Jeff Kass' book rated so poor? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2015 7:13 am

Well, reading Kass's book now, in what is something of a binge-reading of various books related to similar issues. (Given recent RL stuff, I spend a lot of time commuting especially on weekends, but almost always this emans a place to sit and read).

I'll keep you guys posted once I read through it. So far the langauge he uses is crisp and fluent, but I can't judge yet as far as his overall picture.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why is Jeff Kass' book rated so poor?   Why is Jeff Kass' book rated so poor? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why is Jeff Kass' book rated so poor?
Page 1 of 1