Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 60 Minutes II - 2001-04-17

Go down 
+6
ChoSeungHui
Archvile
paradisedreams
Gonz
em81
LPorter101
10 posters
AuthorMessage
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101


Posts : 2449
Contribution Points : 124417
Forum Reputation : 2167
Join date : 2013-12-02
Location : South Florida

60 Minutes II - 2001-04-17 Empty
PostSubject: 60 Minutes II - 2001-04-17   60 Minutes II - 2001-04-17 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2015 11:13 am

EDIT: They're in the right order now.

From Tuesday, April 17, 2001, here is a lengthy Columbine news report that was broadcast on CBS's 60 Minutes II.

1/3


2/3


3/3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
em81




Posts : 374
Contribution Points : 85724
Forum Reputation : 3
Join date : 2013-04-20
Age : 41
Location : Germany

60 Minutes II - 2001-04-17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 60 Minutes II - 2001-04-17   60 Minutes II - 2001-04-17 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2015 6:52 pm

thank you, i didn´t know this. you are awesome!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101


Posts : 2449
Contribution Points : 124417
Forum Reputation : 2167
Join date : 2013-12-02
Location : South Florida

60 Minutes II - 2001-04-17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 60 Minutes II - 2001-04-17   60 Minutes II - 2001-04-17 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2015 7:18 pm

em81 wrote:
thank you,

You're welcome.

Quote :
i didn´t know this. you are awesome!

If you say so. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gonz

Gonz


Posts : 109
Contribution Points : 69415
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-01-21
Age : 31
Location : Europe

60 Minutes II - 2001-04-17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 60 Minutes II - 2001-04-17   60 Minutes II - 2001-04-17 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2015 10:17 pm

OMG! I was just wondering yesterday if someone would have some of these Columbine related shows that seem to be impossible to find on internet like Columbine: Understanding Why, Robyn Anderson and Nate Dykeman GMA interviews (I've only read transcripts), Judy and Brooks Brown on Oprah, and the CBS Minutes II.

Thank you so much! (:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
paradisedreams

paradisedreams


Posts : 124
Contribution Points : 68886
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-02-11
Age : 27
Location : Michigan

60 Minutes II - 2001-04-17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 60 Minutes II - 2001-04-17   60 Minutes II - 2001-04-17 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2015 2:55 pm

I'm still at the first part. But, wow. The parents make so many good points. Sometimes you get lost in the situation itself that these facts are looked over.

Thanks so much for this, though! You've uploaded so many things a lot of us would've never even known about otherwise.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Archvile

Archvile


Posts : 185
Contribution Points : 64211
Forum Reputation : 18
Join date : 2015-08-21
Age : 31
Location : England

60 Minutes II - 2001-04-17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 60 Minutes II - 2001-04-17   60 Minutes II - 2001-04-17 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2015 5:24 am

I found it very interesting that in the first video you see Daniel R alive sitting on the same steps that he'd later be killed on, in the exact same clothes he wore when he died...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ChoSeungHui
William Atchison
March 18, 1996 -
December 7, 2017
ChoSeungHui


Posts : 43
Contribution Points : 70086
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-12-16

60 Minutes II - 2001-04-17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 60 Minutes II - 2001-04-17   60 Minutes II - 2001-04-17 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2015 10:31 am

Very excellent find. Thank you for the work bro

_________________
I did it for the lulz.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sabratha

Sabratha


Posts : 1541
Contribution Points : 79452
Forum Reputation : 165
Join date : 2015-04-01
Location : The Mazovian Lowland

60 Minutes II - 2001-04-17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 60 Minutes II - 2001-04-17   60 Minutes II - 2001-04-17 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2015 4:17 pm

2 questions
- at 2:00 of teh first vid, that's Danny or Rachel?
- at 3:53 first vid, Dave was a baseball coach?

Overall I'm impressed with the vid. Sure, it has an agenda and a story to tell from the start: "Bad cops loaf around and wait while people die". However I've not noticed any facts wrong or manipulation. That's their interpretation of the event, but imho its not an unfair one.

I also know the SWAT guy is not making things up, what he states were the actual procedures that were used at the time. These were designed with a "multiple, well armed people attack a place to hold someone hostage, make demands etc" - basiclaly a Beslan style situation.

However, these are poor tactics if you have a spree killer who will not make demands, just kill people. Since I heard they introduced an "active shooter" protocol, and at least in Oregon this year it seems to have worked.

_________________
Life is like a tram - you need to know when to get off.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gonz

Gonz


Posts : 109
Contribution Points : 69415
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-01-21
Age : 31
Location : Europe

60 Minutes II - 2001-04-17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 60 Minutes II - 2001-04-17   60 Minutes II - 2001-04-17 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2015 11:16 pm

Sabratha wrote:
- at 2:00 of teh first vid, that's Danny or Rachel?

Danny, you can see that he's at the bottom of the concrete stairs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nirvana92

Nirvana92


Posts : 358
Contribution Points : 67689
Forum Reputation : 80
Join date : 2015-04-22

60 Minutes II - 2001-04-17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 60 Minutes II - 2001-04-17   60 Minutes II - 2001-04-17 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2015 5:50 am

Sabratha wrote:
2 questions
- at 2:00 of teh first vid, that's Danny or Rachel?
- at 3:53 first vid, Dave was a baseball coach?

Overall I'm impressed with the vid. Sure, it has an agenda and a story to tell from the start: "Bad cops loaf around and wait while people die". However I've not noticed any facts wrong or manipulation. That's their interpretation of the event, but imho its not an unfair one.

I also know the SWAT guy is not making things up, what he states were the actual procedures that were used at the time. These were designed with a "multiple, well armed people attack a place to hold someone hostage, make demands etc" - basiclaly a Beslan style situation.

However, these are poor tactics if you have a spree killer who will not make demands, just kill people. Since I heard they introduced an "active shooter" protocol, and at least in Oregon this year it seems to have worked.

Active shooters are a complicated thing. Police intervention in Oregon caused the gunman to give up after shooting up a single room. That might not always be the case though. Police intervention might cause the shooter to be one more violent. Once you being opposed by police there's no reason not to go crazy. Still I think we've come along way since 1999. Now if we could just find a way to stop it from happening period.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sabratha

Sabratha


Posts : 1541
Contribution Points : 79452
Forum Reputation : 165
Join date : 2015-04-01
Location : The Mazovian Lowland

60 Minutes II - 2001-04-17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 60 Minutes II - 2001-04-17   60 Minutes II - 2001-04-17 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2015 1:05 pm

Nirvana92 wrote:
Sabratha wrote:
2 questions
- at 2:00 of teh first vid, that's Danny or Rachel?
- at 3:53 first vid, Dave was a baseball coach?

Overall I'm impressed with the vid. Sure, it has an agenda and a story to tell from the start: "Bad cops loaf around and wait while people die". However I've not noticed any facts wrong or manipulation. That's their interpretation of the event, but imho its not an unfair one.

I also know the SWAT guy is not making things up, what he states were the actual procedures that were used at the time. These were designed with a "multiple, well armed people attack a place to hold someone hostage, make demands etc" - basiclaly a Beslan style situation.

However, these are poor tactics if you have a spree killer who will not make demands, just kill people. Since I heard they introduced an "active shooter" protocol, and at least in Oregon this year it seems to have worked.

Active shooters are a complicated thing. Police intervention in Oregon caused the gunman to give up after shooting up a single room. That might not always be the case though. Police intervention might cause the shooter to be one more violent. Once you being opposed by police there's no reason not to go crazy. Still I think we've come along way since 1999. Now if we could just find a way to stop it from happening period.

Given how we know the most murderous rampages went, I think the recent: "Move in as fas as possible, move to the sound of gunshots" protocol is certainly the lesser evil. Doesn't give the shooter the freedom to roam the building picking off individual people hiding in weird places.

The greatest asset the spree killer has is the element of surprise (out of the blue, can happen anywhere by people who had no previous criminal history) and the ability to kill a lot of people in a short amount of time before anyone moves in. The police are wise to try to neutralize that capacity as much as possible.

_________________
Life is like a tram - you need to know when to get off.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
View user profile
radaddio




Posts : 333
Contribution Points : 67890
Forum Reputation : 10
Join date : 2015-04-08
Age : 102
Location : Cali.

60 Minutes II - 2001-04-17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 60 Minutes II - 2001-04-17   60 Minutes II - 2001-04-17 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 5:05 pm

Sabratha wrote:
Nirvana92 wrote:
Sabratha wrote:
2 questions
- at 2:00 of teh first vid, that's Danny or Rachel?
- at 3:53 first vid, Dave was a baseball coach?

Overall I'm impressed with the vid. Sure, it has an agenda and a story to tell from the start: "Bad cops loaf around and wait while people die". However I've not noticed any facts wrong or manipulation. That's their interpretation of the event, but imho its not an unfair one.

I also know the SWAT guy is not making things up, what he states were the actual procedures that were used at the time. These were designed with a "multiple, well armed people attack a place to hold someone hostage, make demands etc" - basiclaly a Beslan style situation.

However, these are poor tactics if you have a spree killer who will not make demands, just kill people. Since I heard they introduced an "active shooter" protocol, and at least in Oregon this year it seems to have worked.

Active shooters are a complicated thing. Police intervention in Oregon caused the gunman to give up after shooting up a single room. That might not always be the case though. Police intervention might cause the shooter to be one more violent. Once you being opposed by police there's no reason not to go crazy. Still I think we've come along way since 1999. Now if we could just find a way to stop it from happening period.

Given how we know the most murderous rampages went, I think the recent: "Move in as fas as possible, move to the sound of gunshots" protocol is certainly the lesser evil. Doesn't give the shooter the freedom to roam the building picking off individual people hiding in weird places.

The greatest asset the spree killer has is the element of surprise (out of the blue, can happen anywhere by people who had no previous criminal history) and the ability to kill a lot of people in a short amount of time before anyone moves in. The police are wise to try to neutralize that capacity as much as possible.

All good points. I know that Israel arms it's schools teachers, but that's only close to the West Bank where they fear more frequent attacks. I don't think that would be a good thing for American schools, since most of the shootings are spree killer type of scenarios. No to mention there are a lot of accidental firearms discharges and injuries that could become possible with that. I think better access to non lethal suppression measures might be a better option for the sake of stopping or lessening an attack that is already underway.

An even better stance would be focused mental health assessment, and better enforcement of existing firearms regulations. To quote Brooks, there are no easy answers. We're a violent country.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha


Posts : 2905
Contribution Points : 105907
Forum Reputation : 901
Join date : 2013-03-22

60 Minutes II - 2001-04-17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 60 Minutes II - 2001-04-17   60 Minutes II - 2001-04-17 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2015 4:37 am

This is a good documentary about Columbine
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Sponsored content





60 Minutes II - 2001-04-17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 60 Minutes II - 2001-04-17   60 Minutes II - 2001-04-17 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
60 Minutes II - 2001-04-17
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» My Notes from Chain Reaction 2001 by Darrell Scott
» Garbarino‘s interview with the Klebolds in 2001
» Link to DAMNING coverage of the May 17, 2001 release of the Columbine Revie
» Andy Williams news coverage (March 2001)
» 60 Minutes Interview

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Documents, Evidence, and Videos-
Jump to: