Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How did the two boys come to trust one another?

Go down 
+13
bigj
Hectic
eli27
queenfarooq
browneyes11
em81
lasttrain
radaddio
HuskerStorm
ldg1414
Jenn
LPorter101
17 posters
AuthorMessage
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

Contribution Points : 151470
Forum Reputation : 2754

How did the two boys come to trust one another? Empty
PostSubject: How did the two boys come to trust one another?   How did the two boys come to trust one another? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2015 4:51 pm

Here's something we haven't talked about:

It's one thing to say to a friend, "This school sucks," or even "I wish all of these kids would die." It's another to say, "I want to kill these fuckers." It's yet another to say, "Hey, let's go on a shooting spree."

In order to make the kinds of plans that Eric and Dylan were making with someone else, you need to trust that person with your life.

Think about it: If Dylan had wanted to fuck Eric over and/or put an end to NBK, then all he had to do was call Wayne Harris and say, "Look, Wayne, Eric is hiding guns in his room." Now, maybe Wayne wouldn't have listened ... but there was nothing stopping Dylan from grabbing the gun, going upstairs, and waving it in Wayne's face. (How often were Wayne and/or Kathy in the house when both Eric and Dylan were there?) Did Dylan ever think about doing that?

Dylan could have gone to the cops, or even to the school administration. He could have stood up in the cafeteria one day and shouted, "Eric is going to blow up the school!" Hell, on 4/20, he could have driven to the school when Eric was at the gas station and told everyone what was going to happen. But he didn't.

You might say, "Well, when you're afraid of someone, you don't think things through." But Dylan didn't have any problem letting Brooks Brown know about Eric's Web site.

Dylan stayed loyal ... but did Eric ever wonder if VoDKa would turn on him? Did it worry him?

It doesn't seem that it did ... it seems that Eric was totally trusting of Dylan.

Now, did Dylan ever wonder if Eric would turn on *him*?

Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 119033
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: How did the two boys come to trust one another?   How did the two boys come to trust one another? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2015 1:50 am

Didn't I read some where (I think it was this forum) that Brooks made that shit up about Dylan telling him about Eric's website and that Brooks' younger brother, Aaron, was actually the one who found the website?

That Brooks made it up to try and make it like he was actually closer to Dylan than he really was?

And I don't think it would have been Dylan who would have stopped NBK. I think it would have been Eric. I kinda think Eric wanted to get caught.

Back to top Go down
ldg1414

ldg1414

Contribution Points : 79324
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: How did the two boys come to trust one another?   How did the two boys come to trust one another? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2015 9:11 am

Jenn wrote:
Didn't I read some where (I think it was this forum) that Brooks made that shit up about Dylan telling him about Eric's website and that Brooks' younger brother, Aaron, was actually the one who found the website?

That Brooks made it up to try and make it like he was actually closer to Dylan than he really was?

And I don't think it would have been Dylan who would have stopped NBK. I think it would have been Eric. I kinda think Eric wanted to get caught.

I've always suspected that brooks may have made up the story about walking up to them and yelling at them for being late that day, and them just letting him go. It seems too movie like, I think eric might have just shot him right there, though they were waiting for bombs to go off, they might have had no other choice then to let him go.

If I was Dylan I'd be afraid Eric would rat me out, to me he seems like some wigger kid who would brag about it or do something stupid, plus all that stuff he just left in his room.
Back to top Go down
HuskerStorm

Contribution Points : 79525

PostSubject: Re: How did the two boys come to trust one another?   How did the two boys come to trust one another? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2015 9:36 am

I am also unclear on when/how Brooks and Eric "reconciled."
Back to top Go down
radaddio

Contribution Points : 83665
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: How did the two boys come to trust one another?   How did the two boys come to trust one another? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2015 10:50 am

In his book, he claims that they had the same class together(either philosophy or something). and Brooks didn't want to deal with the drama for the remainder of the class. He approached Eric and, I'm paraphrasing, said "lets let bygones be bygones". He claims they went to lunch as one big group shortly after, and a couple of weeks prior to 4/20.
Back to top Go down
HuskerStorm

Contribution Points : 79525

PostSubject: Re: How did the two boys come to trust one another?   How did the two boys come to trust one another? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2015 10:56 am

Thanks. I wonder if that would be enough considering Eric's vitriol, but apparently it was if they did run into each otheron 4/2o and Brooks was spared.

Back to top Go down
radaddio

PostSubject: Re: How did the two boys come to trust one another?   How did the two boys come to trust one another? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2015 11:46 am

Jenn wrote:

You make a lot of good points that don't get touched on very much. Brooks was in a position to be very opportunistic regarding his relationship with Dylan and Eric. He was also alienated after 4/20 to the point of being scared for his safety at the hands of the jocks and such. I still maintain that E/D were higher up the food chain than he was. Granted, they were still pretty low, but higher than Brooks.

I think both Eric and Dylan regarded NBK as a sort of senior project. They worked tirelessly on it, but still maintained their normal lives on top if it.

I agree that Eric would have been the one to bail first. Dylan was suicidal, but Eric was just angry. In the end though, they ended up with a sort of mutually assured destruction. Were either of them to rat one another out, it would have ended their futures. I think this might have also fueled their regression for their social groups during senior year.
Back to top Go down
lasttrain

Contribution Points : 102438
Forum Reputation : 74

PostSubject: Re: How did the two boys come to trust one another?   How did the two boys come to trust one another? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2015 12:05 pm

Well, right up until going into the library Eric still didn't trust Dylan and was asking him if he would go through with it.
Back to top Go down
em81

Contribution Points : 101499
Forum Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: How did the two boys come to trust one another?   How did the two boys come to trust one another? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2015 4:56 pm

lasttrain wrote:
Well, right up until going into the library Eric still didn't trust Dylan and was asking him if he would go through with it.

any source it was eric? i don´t know who said this...
Back to top Go down
radaddio

PostSubject: Re: How did the two boys come to trust one another?   How did the two boys come to trust one another? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2015 5:01 pm

I think that was taken from witness testimony. I recall that they were unsure of who said it, but it was said.
Back to top Go down
em81

Contribution Points : 101499
Forum Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: How did the two boys come to trust one another?   How did the two boys come to trust one another? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2015 5:02 pm

yes, i know that someone said this, but i think we are not sure who said this.
Back to top Go down

Contribution Points : 79656

PostSubject: Re: How did the two boys come to trust one another?   How did the two boys come to trust one another? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2015 5:43 pm

But they had already killed people before entering the library and if the bomb had worked out (as THEY planned) they would already had killed hundreds (in their minds) so I don't buy that.

But their trust to each other, is an interesting subject. To trust someone with something like that, to trust him with the plan, to NOT make mistakes which could sabotage the plan like hiding their guns and bombs properly from their parents and such.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: How did the two boys come to trust one another?   How did the two boys come to trust one another? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2015 12:04 am

I thought it was Dylan who asked Eric 'are you with me?' in the Library after Eric broke his nose? Why would Eric asked Dylan (in the Library after they've already killed people as [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] already pointed out) if they were gonna still go through with it? That just doesn't add up.

Back to top Go down
browneyes11

browneyes11

Contribution Points : 84894

PostSubject: Re: How did the two boys come to trust one another?   How did the two boys come to trust one another? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2015 1:45 am

I always thought the "are you with me" comment was said in the library after the massacre but before they committed suicide. I remember reading it in the witness report for one of the last injured victims to be rescued from the library. It was a girl but I can't remember her name. It's been awhile since I read it so I might be remembering this wrong.

If that is true, then it would make more sense. It would mean "Are you with me, let's go blow out our brains" And it would make sense to me for Dylan to ask Eric that just to make sure he was actually going to do it. I've always thought Eric killed himself first only because Dylan may have waited to make sure Eric did it.

But that's just speculation. What do you guys think?

To experience life after death, in solitude, in compassion, in love.-
Back to top Go down
queenfarooq

Contribution Points : 102637

PostSubject: Re: How did the two boys come to trust one another?   How did the two boys come to trust one another? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2015 8:41 am

The are you with me comment:
It was Lisa Kreutz who reported hearing this. She was the last survivor pulled from the library.

Pg(62)
Quote :
The door to the Library is always propped open and she could hear two people coming into the Library. She remembers hearing one of the gunmen say to the other one, "Are you still with me?" and "We're still gonna do this, right?" After entering the Library the gunmen started yelling and moved to the west side of the Library. She heard one of the gunmen say they were going to "blow up the Library". This statement was followed by an explosion in the Library.
Back to top Go down
eli27

eli27

Contribution Points : 83832
Forum Reputation : 135

PostSubject: Re: How did the two boys come to trust one another?   How did the two boys come to trust one another? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2015 6:02 pm

ldg1414 wrote:

I've always suspected that brooks may have made up the story about walking up to them and yelling at them for being late that day, and them just letting him go. It seems too movie like, I think eric might have just shot him right there, though they were waiting for bombs to go off, they might have had no other choice then to let him go

That's a good point I hadn't thought about before.

Even if he had made up with Eric, after their previous conflicts it would seem more likely that had Eric seen him during NBK, he would have shot him.

PostSubject: Re: How did the two boys come to trust one another?   How did the two boys come to trust one another? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2015 11:57 pm

Jenn wrote:
I thought it was Dylan who asked Eric 'are you with me?' in the Library after Eric broke his nose? Why would Eric asked Dylan (in the Library after they've already killed people as [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] already pointed out) if they were gonna still go through with it? That just doesn't add up.

Because to that point Eric had shot 47 times while Dylan had only shot five. Eric had committed two homicides while Dylan had committed none, despite entering the crowded cafeteria and hallways while Eric was outside. Eric had engaged the police while Dylan had stayed inside.

Dylan to this point had shown no ability to prosecute the shooting as the two had planned it, so it makes sense that Eric asked him. It's hard for me to imagine a reason for Dylan to ask Eric the question. Eric was behaving like a homicidal lunatic, shooting students, teachers, cops, firing at an incredible rate.

Back to top Go down
lasttrain

PostSubject: Re: How did the two boys come to trust one another?   How did the two boys come to trust one another? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2015 11:59 pm

1891 wrote:
But they had already killed people before entering the library

Dylan hadn't. Look at the ballistics.
Back to top Go down
browneyes11

browneyes11

Contribution Points : 84894

PostSubject: Re: How did the two boys come to trust one another?   How did the two boys come to trust one another? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2015 2:21 am

lasttrain wrote:
1891 wrote:

Dylan hadn't.  Look at the ballistics.

But Dylan had shot someone point blank in the face at that point. Chances are he thought he had killed someone

To experience life after death, in solitude, in compassion, in love.-
Back to top Go down
Hectic

Hectic

Contribution Points : 79330
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: How did the two boys come to trust one another?   How did the two boys come to trust one another? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2015 10:18 am

eli27 wrote:

Even if he had made up with Eric, after their previous conflicts it would seem more likely that had Eric seen him during NBK, he would have shot him.

Eric most likely would have killed Brooks of they encountered each other in the school. I think he got lucky in the sense that Harris was distracted by the promise of the bombs still detonating and not wanting to draw attention to himself just yet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How did the two boys come to trust one another?   How did the two boys come to trust one another? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2015 10:22 am

browneyes11 wrote:
lasttrain wrote:
1891 wrote:

But Dylan had shot someone point blank in the face at that point. Chances are he thought he had killed someone

Dylan had fired to kill, just pure "luck" that he hadn't up until that point.
Back to top Go down
lasttrain

PostSubject: Re: How did the two boys come to trust one another?   How did the two boys come to trust one another? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2015 8:30 pm

1891 wrote:
browneyes11 wrote:
lasttrain wrote:
1891 wrote:

Dylan had fired to kill, just pure "luck" that he hadn't up until that point.

Not really, he'd only shot 5 times and had passed up a chance to hit sure targets in the cafeteria and hallway. I mean he was obviously passing up on targets. That can't be disputed.

The bottom line is Dylan had no reason to ask Eric the question but Eric had plenty of reason to ask Dylan.
Back to top Go down
lasttrain

PostSubject: Re: How did the two boys come to trust one another?   How did the two boys come to trust one another? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2015 8:32 pm

Hectic wrote:
eli27 wrote:

Eric most likely would have killed Brooks of they encountered each other in the school. I think he got lucky in the sense that Harris was distracted by the promise of the bombs still detonating and not wanting to draw attention to himself just yet.

The dynamic is complicated by the fact that Dylan and Brooks had a long friendship.

Pure speculation, but perhaps one reason Eric forgave Brooks is because he sensed that cherishing a murderous vendetta against Brooks might alienate Dylan from going on the massacre.  

Speculation again: another reason Eric might have shooed Brooks away is concern that Dylan would show up or see Brooks, which would be a real complication.  Brooks might not feel compelled to interrogate the guarded Eric but he might have wanted to question Dylan at greater length about what was going on in the parking lot that day.
Back to top Go down
bigj

Contribution Points : 81071

PostSubject: Re: How did the two boys come to trust one another?   How did the two boys come to trust one another? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2015 9:13 pm

Ive always wondered how their initial conversion took place. When, where, and how it started. I feel like Eric was likely ranting about the school, and dylan jumped on the opportunity to see eric's response.
Back to top Go down
lol

Contribution Points : 103022
Forum Reputation : 325

PostSubject: Re: How did the two boys come to trust one another?   How did the two boys come to trust one another? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2015 1:16 am

lasttrain wrote:
Jenn wrote:

Because to that point Eric had shot 47 times while Dylan had only shot five.  Eric had committed two homicides while Dylan had committed none, despite entering the crowded cafeteria and hallways while Eric was outside.  Eric had engaged the police while Dylan had stayed inside.

Dylan to this point had shown no ability to prosecute the shooting as the two had planned it, so it makes sense that Eric asked him.  It's hard for me to imagine a reason for Dylan to ask Eric the question.  Eric was behaving like a homicidal lunatic, shooting students, teachers, cops, firing at an incredible rate.

I disagree. He blew off a kid's jaw point blank range, and you're going to tell me that Dylan DIDN'T think he was dead? Chances are if I'm a homicidal maniac and I blow a kid's jaw off at point blank range I am going to think he is dead. Did it also not have to deal with the fact that his guns sucked? His guns weren't for meant for long range. His Tec-9 kept jamming on him continuously outside.

Oh, and it makes more sense that Dylan asked Eric the exchange above before entering the library. Why? I said this before:
Quote :
Eric's goal was to have as many deaths as possible. When the bombs don't go off dumb ass Cullen says how "Eric was unflappable" and Dylan was basically worried. Based on what? Did he decide to go look into Eric and Dylan's minds? Was Cullen an angel following them? He is such a dumb ass. Anyway when the bombs go off their movements seemed random...almost as if they don't know what the hell they'll do next. Witnesses heard one of the gunmen say, "Go go!" to start the schooling. IMO this is Eric, but it must have really bummed the guy out after a year of planning and high expectations that nothing happened. They expected those propane bombs to blow.

I should mention that they put those propane bombs next to a JOCK TABLE *cough*
Anyway, as a few posters and myself said Dylan's weapons sucked balls. It explains why he didn't shoot as much outside.

Eric might have been a bit riled up that the bombs didn't go off (he even admitted he had a short temper problem). Dylan saw this and before they entered in the library, and he asked Eric if "they're still going to go through with this" because the bombs failed to detonate, and possibly rattled him.

Look Dylan was ready to die on 4/20. Nothing was stopping him...whether the bombs go off or not. Wasn't it Dylan who didn't give a fuck where he went when he died? Wasn't it Dylan who was far more cold in the Basement Tapes than Eric, and rarely showed any remorse? He thanked his parents for "self-awareness". What the hell kind of 'thanks' Is that? It's a middle finger type, that's what. Wasn't it Eric the one crying on the video tapes? Wasn't it Eric constantly being remorseful, and probably genuine? Wasn't it Eric who kept apologizing to his parents over and over? Wasn't it Eric who was also apologizing to his friends? Wasn't it Dylan the one snapping his fingers telling Reb to hurry up on the Basement Tapes because he was anxious to die??

Nothing was stopping Dylan that day on 4/20. That is why I believe he asked Eric,
"Are you still with me? We're going to do this right?"
Eric probably nodded, or said, "Yes" and he was the first one who told everyone to "GET UP
!"

Sorry, but I stand by that Dylan asked this to Eric. Dylan was ready to die on 4/20 no matter what, and he sure seemed ready to go considering how he, once again snapped his fingers at Eric to hurry up on their 'Goodbye Video' so they can do the killing, while Eric was continuously stalling and pausing causing Dylan to get restless.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: How did the two boys come to trust one another?   How did the two boys come to trust one another? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2015 1:57 am

Even if Eric did ask Dylan IN the Library. Dylan had already killed Kyle. He shot him as he walked into the room. So the 'Dylan didn't kill anyone yet' theory goes out the window. Because the 'are you with me?' was said INSIDE the Library. Not outside the doors. And the first thing Dylan did when walking in was shoot Kyle.

Back to top Go down
lol

PostSubject: Re: How did the two boys come to trust one another?   How did the two boys come to trust one another? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2015 3:34 am

Hmm...Jen is there a source where they said that line in the library? I always figured they said this outside the library doors right before they started yelling at everyone to get up, or maybe they went inside the library and one of them said to the other that question, and then it is possible right after this Dylan shot Kyle?

Or did this take place right before they committed suicide?

Either way, I still point towards Dylan asking this to Eric...especially if it was the latter.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How did the two boys come to trust one another?   How did the two boys come to trust one another? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2015 2:36 pm

When they planted the bomb in the cafeteria, it’s on. I don’t see any hesitation in them at that point.  They are ready now. We don’t know the context of the conversation, right? Maybe that the kick they got from it and adrenaline was running out. We have to remember that they expected the bombs to blow up, as we can see in the day planner, maybe there was a bit on confusion what to do next when it didn’t go off as planned.
Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 98268
Forum Reputation : 154

PostSubject: Re: How did the two boys come to trust one another?   How did the two boys come to trust one another? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2015 3:04 pm

"Get up" was shouted about 10 seconds before Kyle was killed was it not?
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: How did the two boys come to trust one another?   How did the two boys come to trust one another? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2015 8:15 pm

lol wrote:
Hmm...Jen is there a source where they said that line in the library? I always figured they said this outside the library doors right before they started yelling at everyone to get up, or maybe they went inside the library and one of them said to the other that question, and then it is possible right after this Dylan shot Kyle?

Either way, I still point towards Dylan asking this to Eric...especially if it was the latter.

I'm not really a good person to ask for sources because I usually have no idea where I've read stuff. I read something (maybe on the old forum) that they were already inside the Library and that it was someone who was shot and laying on the ground that heard them say 'are you with me?'.

I just always figured it was Dylan asking Eric after he broke his nose. Pretty much everything I've read says that Dylan is the one who said this. And I've never read that it was said before they entered the Library. But like I said, I am horrible when it comes to sources. Maybe someone else will come along and post one.

Back to top Go down
Jenn
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: How did the two boys come to trust one another?   How did the two boys come to trust one another? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2015 8:16 pm

Radioactive_Clothing wrote:

Yes. This was said when they were standing in the doorway. But I was referring to the 'are you with me?'. I read that this was said inside the Library and that it was a wound victim that heard it.

Back to top Go down
queenfarooq

Contribution Points : 102637

PostSubject: Re: How did the two boys come to trust one another?   How did the two boys come to trust one another? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2015 8:56 pm

Radioactive_Clothing wrote:

A number of witnesses report hearing some variation of being told to get up. According to some the "Get up" demand was made more than once. The vast majority of the witnesses report this initial "Get up" was shouted as the suspects moved in a westerly direction though the library. This corresponds with their movement just after they entered the library:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Just after they'd entered the library: "Dylan Klebold was moving in a westerly direction and at the point he initially observed him the forenamed was telling everyone to "stand up." AE specifically recalled hearing Dylan Klebold yelling, "Get up."" pg(26)

"Nielson stated she wanted the dispatcher to understand the suspects had now entered the library. PN stated it was also at that same time she began to hear at least one of the suspects demanding that everyone "get up." PN stated she believed the suspect repeated that demand several times." pg(87)

"at this point she confirmed the suspects had entered the library. When asked to elaborate, NN stated she heard a male voice shout, "everybody get up." NN stated she believed that demand was repeated." pg(106)

"he then heard one of the suspects yell, "everyone get up." PB stated the aforementioned quote may not have been the exact words used by the suspect, but he was certain the aforementioned was demanding everyone come out from underneath the tables and "get up." pg(272)

"She heard them yell something like "all the jocks get up." pg(340)

"He then heard the voice of one of the suspects who were now in the library say, "This is for all the times we've gotten crap all these years. We' ve been waiting our whole lives to do this." "He then heard one of the suspects say, "Everybody stand up."" pg(403)

"when the gunmen first entered the library, they told everyone to get up from underneath the tables if you wanted to live." pg(437)

"Suspect (number) 1 yelled, "Everybody get up from underneath the tables if you want to live." "She identified Eric Harris as being suspect (number) 1." pg(444)

John Savage reports Dylan firing his weapon towards the computer desks then making the "Get up" demand:
"next heard Dylan Klebold state words to the effect, "Everybody get up. We're gonna blow up the fucking library." According to JS, the next statement shouted by Dylan Klebold was, "Everybody wearing a white hat get up."

"You all better get up and leave, we're going to blow up the library." pg(619)

It's interesting to consider the "Get up" comment sounds like it occurred just after the "are you with me?" comment. If these witnesses are correct. As mentioned above:
queenfarooq wrote:

Pg(62)
Quote :
The door to the Library is always propped open and she could hear two people coming into the Library. She remembers hearing one of the gunmen say to the other one, "Are you still with me?" and "We're still gonna do this, right?" After entering the Library the gunmen started yelling and moved to the west side of the Library. She heard one of the gunmen say they were going to "blow up the Library". This statement was followed by an explosion in the Library.
Back to top Go down
bigj

Contribution Points : 81071

PostSubject: Re: How did the two boys come to trust one another?   How did the two boys come to trust one another? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2015 11:12 pm

Jenn wrote:
lol wrote:

I'm not really a good person to ask for sources because I usually have no idea where I've read stuff. I read something (maybe on the old forum) that they were already inside the Library and that it was someone who was shot and laying on the ground that heard them say 'are you with me?'.

I just always figured it was Dylan asking Eric after he broke his nose. Pretty much everything I've read says that Dylan is the one who said this. And I've never read that it was said before they entered the Library. But like I said, I am horrible when it comes to sources. Maybe someone else will come along and post one.

Just go ahead and call Lporter, he can find anything.
Back to top Go down
lasttrain

PostSubject: Re: How did the two boys come to trust one another?   How did the two boys come to trust one another? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2015 7:58 pm

lol wrote:

Eric might have been a bit riled up that the bombs didn't go off (he even admitted he had a short temper problem). Dylan saw this and before they entered in the library, and he asked Eric if "they're still going to go through with this" because the bombs failed to detonate, and possibly rattled him.

Rattled him? Eric had shot 47 times. He had killed two people and seriously injured a few more. He had shot teachers. He had sought engagement with the police, even leaning back out of the broken west doors to engage Deputy Smoker.

On what basis could Dylan possibly have had to think that Eric was rattled?
Back to top Go down
lasttrain

PostSubject: Re: How did the two boys come to trust one another?   How did the two boys come to trust one another? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2015 8:01 pm

bigj wrote:
Jenn wrote:
lol wrote:

The source for it is Lisa Kreutz's testimony, and it is clear that it happens just as they are walking into the library, before Dylan commits a homicide, or Eric hurts his nose:

The door to the Library is always propped open and she could hear two people coming into the Library. She remembers hearing one of the gunmen say to the other one, "Are you still with me?" and "We're still gonna do this, right?" After entering the Library the gunmen started yelling and moved to the west side of the Library. (000062)
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: How did the two boys come to trust one another?   How did the two boys come to trust one another? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2015 9:20 pm

lasttrain wrote:
bigj wrote:
Jenn wrote:
lol wrote:

The source for it is Lisa Kreutz's testimony, and it is clear that it happens just as they are walking into the library, before Dylan commits a homicide, or Eric hurts his nose:

The door to the Library is always propped open and she could hear two people coming into the Library. She remembers hearing one of the gunmen say to the other one, "Are you still with me?" and "We're still gonna do this, right?" After entering the Library the gunmen started yelling and moved to the west side of the Library. (000062)
This might be true but your theory of Eric asking Dylan this because 'Dylan didn't think he killed anyone yet' is ridiculous. Uh, Dylan shot a kid's face nearly clean off. Do you honestly (and tell the truth) believe that Dylan thought to himself (oh, I only shot his face off. He isn't dead. Maybe I won't go through with this?'. There's no way you believe that and I have no idea why you even suggested that Dylan 'thought' he didn't kill anyone.

Dylan WAS shooting his Tec 9 outside but the piece of shit jammed and he ditched the 50 round magazine. He also had a crappy double barrel shotgun that was useless unless he wanted to shoot a round and then take forever to empty the casings and reload it. Once he got rid of the jammed magazine and basically gave up on shooting the double barrel, he was running around shooting like a madman.

Dylan's 'lack of shooting' has nothing to do with him 'changing his mind'. He had shitty guns and that's all there is to it. It's obvious by looking at the facts. An abandoned magazine and a gun that took forever to load and another thing, every time Dylan shot that double barrel shotgun, it ripped the hell outta his hand (he even said so in Rampart Range). So...that could be another reason he didn't wanna shoot that gun a lot.

But, he DID shoot a kid in the face and once he fixed his malfunctioning gun, he was shooting.

I really see no valid argument here. Honestly. Dylan did not hesitate. Dylan did not think about changing his mind. There could be a million reason why one asked the other 'are you still with me?' And not you nor anyone else even knows for sure which one the boys asked it. The witness just said she heard one ask the other.

Back to top Go down
Wideawake

Wideawake

Contribution Points : 102051

PostSubject: Re: How did the two boys come to trust one another?   How did the two boys come to trust one another? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 6:24 pm

Is Lisa Kreutz the only witness who heard this? Because if so, we don't even know if either of them actually said it. It could have been misheard, or maybe Patti Nielson on the phone asking dispatch "Are you still with me?" or a million other things. Just a thought!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], not to start an argument, but do you really think that Dylan was reluctant to do this and wanting to back out?
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: How did the two boys come to trust one another?   How did the two boys come to trust one another? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 8:31 pm

Wideawake wrote:
Is Lisa Kreutz the only witness who heard this? Because if so, we don't even know if either of them actually said it. It could have been misheard, or maybe Patti Nielson on the phone asking dispatch "Are you still with me?" or a million other things. Just a thought!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], not to start an argument, but do you really think that Dylan was reluctant to do this and wanting to back out?

Exactly! That is what I was saying too. It could have been a million things and I hardly think the word of one traumatized student is all that reliable. Especially if she is the only one who heard it. And she did not say 'The little guy asked the tall guy if they were still gonna do this'. What she heard was someone say 'are you still with me?'.

How the heck that leads to 'Eric was asking Dylan if he was still with him because Dylan wanted to back out because he didn't think he had killed anyone yet' baffles me.

I think my last post pretty much debunks the theory of Dylan wanting to back out. He had crappy guns. What happened after he ditched the 50 round magazine and stopped shooting the double barrel? He was running around shooting people, shooting up the school, laughing and giggling like a lunatic on a rampage.

Back to top Go down
lol

PostSubject: Re: How did the two boys come to trust one another?   How did the two boys come to trust one another? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 10:17 pm

lasttrain wrote:
lol wrote:

Rattled him? Eric had shot 47 times.  He had killed two people and seriously injured a few more. He had shot teachers. He had sought engagement with the police, even leaning back out of the broken west doors to engage Deputy Smoker.

On what basis could Dylan possibly have had to think that Eric was rattled?
I am done with you on this. No offense, but I really do feel as if I am speaking to a brick wall sometimes.
Back to top Go down
lio45

Contribution Points : 85891

PostSubject: Re: How did the two boys come to trust one another?   How did the two boys come to trust one another? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 10:40 pm

Yeah, it's crystal clear the point of no return (basically, they had killed people) has been totally passed by both of them at that moment -- there was no way either one could "not still be with the other to do this".

Also, Dylan had hit Stephanie Munson as well and shot at others...

As the case of Dave Sanders (and, recently, Alison Parker) shows, just 'cause someone runs away after you fired doesn't mean they are going to live.

At that point in time, he had shot people, killed Kirklin, probably killed others...

Considering there was quite a bit of quasi-miraculous cases of really, really unlikely survival among the victims (Ireland, Castaldo, etc.) it's guaranteed the boys died believing the body count was substantially higher than what it actually ended up being.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How did the two boys come to trust one another?   How did the two boys come to trust one another? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How did the two boys come to trust one another?
Page 1 of 1