Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dylan and his "love" letter

Go down 
AuthorMessage
areyoulistening

Contribution Points : 101797
Forum Reputation : 0

Dylan and his "love" letter Empty
PostSubject: Dylan and his "love" letter   Dylan and his "love" letter Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 10:24 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Page 493

I'm not sure if this is a suicide letter, a love letter or both (possibly both) obviously he never gave it to her but this disturbed me.

It was obviously written during a time of horrible emotional distress, cue him writing:
"please don't feel any guilt about my soon to be "absence" of this world"

I'm assuming that this girl doesn't know him or if she does not very well, so why would she feel "guilt"? that sounds like emotional blackmail to me.
I can understand that in his frame of mind, a logical thought pattern wasn't possible but this letter is all over the place.
It perfectly displays how imbalanced Dylan actually was. How he kept all of this emotional distress and hurt and imbalance a secret is beyond me.
Someone had to have known. I'm sorry but they did, I don't buy that no-one knew that's complete BS.

PostSubject: Re: Dylan and his "love" letter   Dylan and his "love" letter Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 10:35 pm

Dylan's love/ possible suicide letter disturbed me so much! Based on that letter it's clear how depressed and disturbed he really was which is incredibly sad. But I hope he didn't end up giving it to the girl it was intended for. And it's beyond me too and probably a lot of other people. Did you read Eric's love letter? It's much more normal and not nearly as creepy.
Back to top Go down
areyoulistening

PostSubject: Re: Dylan and his "love" letter   Dylan and his "love" letter Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 9:51 am

I don't think that he did, otherwise it wouldn't still be in his journal. It basically said if you don't "love" me back I'm going to kill myself, but the choice is up to you...

I haven't read Eric's for a while, but yeah it seems somewhat more normal. It's more of a "I understand if you don't like me but if you do I'd like to do something" from what I remember, right? It definitely knocks Cullen's idea of a suave Eric off the charts. It screams insecure and uncertain as far as I remember.

PostSubject: Re: Dylan and his "love" letter   Dylan and his "love" letter Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 9:58 am

I didn't think about that before which makes a lot of sense.

And that's basically what Eric's letter was about. And I definitely agree. He even said I've never been good at flirting or even just talking which is the opposite of suave. Cullen has NO idea of what he's talking about!!
Back to top Go down
areyoulistening

PostSubject: Re: Dylan and his "love" letter   Dylan and his "love" letter Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 8:54 pm

CatherineM813 wrote:
He even said I've never been good at flirting or even just talking which is the opposite of suave.

I agree that Cullen talks from his ass but I wouldn't take everything that Eric said in that letter at face value either. He was more than likely just wanting to get between her legs. So he'd say all sorts of nice things to get her to agree to go out with and eventually sleep with him.

Do I think that there's some truth to it? Yes. It does scream insecure and unsure of himself, which he was. But is it 100% true, I'm not too convinced.

PostSubject: Re: Dylan and his "love" letter   Dylan and his "love" letter Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 9:57 pm

Yeah I see where you are coming from. In his journal he did say who can I trick into my room first? I'll be all nice and sweet and then fuck her like an animal. And it's pretty obvious how much he wanted to get laid like most boys in high school especially during that last year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dylan and his "love" letter   Dylan and his "love" letter Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dylan and his "love" letter
Page 1 of 1