Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 Dylan's love letter?

Go down 
+2
Emanation of Darkness
icanmakeuhappy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
icanmakeuhappy




Posts : 20
Contribution Points : 52575
Forum Reputation : 25
Join date : 2018-09-29
Age : 23

Dylan's love letter? Empty
PostSubject: Dylan's love letter?   Dylan's love letter? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2018 10:43 pm

So, I was reading Dylan's love letter and I noticed he says "I am a criminal. I have done things that almost nobody would even think about condoning. The reason that I’m writing you now is that I have been caught for the crimes I committed, & I want to go to a new existence. You know what I mean (suicide). I have nothing to live for, & I wont be able to survive in this world after this legal conviction."
My first impression was that he was referring to the January incident but he paints the "crime" as if it was something absolutely horrible. I mean, it was bad what they did but idk. Also, he says something about this "legal conviction". Were they on the Diversion program already? This was written somewhere between February 1998 and June 1998.
This may sound stupid, but I have the theory this was meant to be sent to his crush after the bombing/shooting. Dylan wrote pretty much about suicide throughout his journal but I don't recall him writing about killing himself because of him getting caught stealing. What he actually wrote was something about his crush and him going "NBK" and if she didn't like him back, he would kill himself but not because of him getting caught. He said he wanted to get revenge. So I don't know what this thing of "won't be able to survive in this world after this legal conviction" is. Maybe he wasn't going to kill himself after the massacre so he would have been caught and thought about committing suicide in jail? Maybe he made that up? Is Dylan's journal actually reliable when it comes to know what he felt?

Also, when did Eric start his journal? I know that he started it after Dylan started his own.
Back to top Go down
Emanation of Darkness
Banned



Posts : 104
Contribution Points : 52509
Forum Reputation : 50
Join date : 2018-10-04

Dylan's love letter? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's love letter?   Dylan's love letter? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2018 11:53 pm

icanmakeuhappy wrote:
So, I was reading Dylan's love letter and I noticed he says "I am a criminal. I have done things that almost nobody would even think about condoning. The reason that I’m writing you now is that I have been caught for the crimes I committed, & I want to go to a new existence. You know what I mean (suicide). I have nothing to live for, & I wont be able to survive in this world after this legal conviction."
My first impression was that he was referring to the January incident but he paints the "crime" as if it was something absolutely horrible. I mean, it was bad what they did but idk. Also, he says something about this "legal conviction". Were they on the Diversion program already? This was written somewhere between February 1998 and June 1998.
This may sound stupid, but I have the theory this was meant to be sent to his crush after the bombing/shooting. Dylan wrote pretty much about suicide throughout his journal but I don't recall him writing about killing himself because of him getting caught stealing. What he actually wrote was something about his crush and him going "NBK" and if she didn't like him back, he would kill himself but not because of him getting caught. He said he wanted to get revenge. So I don't know what this thing of "won't be able to survive in this world after this legal conviction" is. Maybe he wasn't going to kill himself after the massacre so he would have been caught and thought about committing suicide in jail? Maybe he made that up? Is Dylan's journal actually reliable when it comes to know what he felt?

Also, when did Eric start his journal? I know that he started it after Dylan started his own.
Nah, he thought he's going to have a permanent criminal record for the van break in and his life is basically over.
Back to top Go down
icanmakeuhappy




Posts : 20
Contribution Points : 52575
Forum Reputation : 25
Join date : 2018-09-29
Age : 23

Dylan's love letter? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's love letter?   Dylan's love letter? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2018 12:44 am

lol I guess I'm overanalyzing stuff
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia


Posts : 6422
Contribution Points : 193406
Forum Reputation : 1317
Join date : 2017-08-26
Age : 42

Dylan's love letter? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's love letter?   Dylan's love letter? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2018 12:54 am

No, perfectly normal. It is a researcher thing Smile

I have always wondered if he was hinting at NBK too but he felt things so deeply and was embarrassed easily I always thought it was just about the break in and maybe the rebel missions.

Unless he did other stuff and then wiped his hard drive with the evidence...


_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
icanmakeuhappy




Posts : 20
Contribution Points : 52575
Forum Reputation : 25
Join date : 2018-09-29
Age : 23

Dylan's love letter? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's love letter?   Dylan's love letter? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2018 1:23 am

What's the whole deal about the hard drive?
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia


Posts : 6422
Contribution Points : 193406
Forum Reputation : 1317
Join date : 2017-08-26
Age : 42

Dylan's love letter? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's love letter?   Dylan's love letter? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2018 1:43 am

icanmakeuhappy wrote:
What's the whole deal about the hard drive?

Dylan had I think 1 or 2 computers that were his personal ones. So we know that Dylan had several slips of paper and wrote in his planner and stuff but we believe the night before Dylan completely wiped his hard drive so basically there was nothing on it anymore. I'm not sure if it was because it was the late 90's but no one could recover anything and we are not sure what was on it. Some speculate NBK things of course, some say some hardcore porn he was embarrassed by....

Has anyone speculated that it wasn't wiped but Jeffco lied and much like the Basement Tapes and Dylan's autopsy the Klebolds stopped the info from being released?

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but did he have one from the school in his room? Or was that Eric's video camera

Eric's hard drive wasn't wiped but he didn't have anything incriminating or really anything to hide on that day. Everything was out in the open.

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
icanmakeuhappy




Posts : 20
Contribution Points : 52575
Forum Reputation : 25
Join date : 2018-09-29
Age : 23

Dylan's love letter? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's love letter?   Dylan's love letter? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2018 2:18 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
icanmakeuhappy wrote:
What's the whole deal about the hard drive?

Dylan had I think 1 or 2 computers that were his personal ones.  So we know that Dylan had several slips of paper and wrote in his planner and stuff but we believe the night before Dylan completely wiped his hard drive so basically there was nothing on it anymore. I'm not sure if it was because it was the late 90's but no one could recover anything and we are not sure what was on it. Some speculate NBK things of course, some say some hardcore porn he was embarrassed by....

Has anyone speculated that it wasn't wiped but Jeffco lied and much like the Basement Tapes and Dylan's autopsy the Klebolds stopped the info from being released?

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but did he have one from the school in his room? Or was that Eric's video camera

Eric's hard drive wasn't wiped but he didn't have anything incriminating or really anything to hide on that day. Everything was out in the open.

Yeah, I guess that Jeffco lied about the Basement Tapes so I wouldn't be surprised about Dylan's hard drive being hidden from the public. Did the Klebolds want some material not to be released? As far as I know, the decision to keep the Basement Tapes unpublished was made by Jeffco and the victims' families. And what about Dylan's autopsy?
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia


Posts : 6422
Contribution Points : 193406
Forum Reputation : 1317
Join date : 2017-08-26
Age : 42

Dylan's love letter? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's love letter?   Dylan's love letter? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2018 2:28 am

icanmakeuhappy wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
icanmakeuhappy wrote:
What's the whole deal about the hard drive?

Dylan had I think 1 or 2 computers that were his personal ones.  So we know that Dylan had several slips of paper and wrote in his planner and stuff but we believe the night before Dylan completely wiped his hard drive so basically there was nothing on it anymore. I'm not sure if it was because it was the late 90's but no one could recover anything and we are not sure what was on it. Some speculate NBK things of course, some say some hardcore porn he was embarrassed by....

Has anyone speculated that it wasn't wiped but Jeffco lied and much like the Basement Tapes and Dylan's autopsy the Klebolds stopped the info from being released?

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but did he have one from the school in his room? Or was that Eric's video camera

Eric's hard drive wasn't wiped but he didn't have anything incriminating or really anything to hide on that day. Everything was out in the open.

Yeah, I guess that Jeffco lied about the Basement Tapes so I wouldn't be surprised about Dylan's hard drive being hidden from the public. Did the Klebolds want some material not to be released? As far as I know, the decision to keep the Basement Tapes unpublished was made by Jeffco and the victims' families. And what about Dylan's autopsy?

Sue briefly mentions she fought for a long time to stop Dylan's autopsy from being released because it was personal. She didn't think it was anyones business how much his spleen weighed or what he had in his stomach (potatoes)..................


Idon'tthinkthatiswhatfangirlscaredaboutSue....

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
thelmar

thelmar


Posts : 760
Contribution Points : 82457
Forum Reputation : 3068
Join date : 2018-07-15

Dylan's love letter? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's love letter?   Dylan's love letter? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2018 1:12 pm

icanmakeuhappy wrote:

This may sound stupid, but I have the theory this was meant to be sent to his crush after. Maybe he wasn't going to kill himself after the massacre so he would have been caught and thought about committing suicide in jail?


At the end of that same letter he writes, "Leave a piece of paper in my locker, (Locker [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] -- combo=19-37-9 --near the library) saying anything that comes to you"

He was hoping for a reply. If he was planning to remain alive after NBK he probably would have realized that no one was going to check his locker for him and pass that note along to him. Moreover, it seems like Dylan got embarrassed pretty easily. Anyone else knowing he wrote that note, let alone potentially reading it AND the girl's reply probably would have been mortifying to him.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff


Posts : 2677
Contribution Points : 95874
Forum Reputation : 1190
Join date : 2016-03-02
Age : 36

Dylan's love letter? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's love letter?   Dylan's love letter? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2018 1:30 pm

Even in the 90s if the HDD was wiped something could have been found. Not by the local police though but the tech did exist. So they either didn't try, or are hiding the contents

_________________
Hold me now I need to feel complete
Like I matter to the one I need
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Dylan's love letter? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's love letter?   Dylan's love letter? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2018 1:41 pm

Lizpuff wrote:
Even in the 90s if the HDD was wiped something could have been found.  Not by the local police though but the tech did exist.  So they either didn't try, or are hiding the contents


I seriously LOVE the fact you are so distrustful of anything relating to Jeffco! I feel we are kindred spirits in that regard. Haha
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff


Posts : 2677
Contribution Points : 95874
Forum Reputation : 1190
Join date : 2016-03-02
Age : 36

Dylan's love letter? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's love letter?   Dylan's love letter? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2018 1:42 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:
Even in the 90s if the HDD was wiped something could have been found.  Not by the local police though but the tech did exist.  So they either didn't try, or are hiding the contents


I seriously LOVE the fact you are so distrustful of anything relating to Jeffco! I feel we are kindred spirits in that regard. Haha

Skeptic by nature Laughing

_________________
Hold me now I need to feel complete
Like I matter to the one I need
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Dylan's love letter? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's love letter?   Dylan's love letter? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2018 1:46 pm

Lizpuff wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:
Even in the 90s if the HDD was wiped something could have been found.  Not by the local police though but the tech did exist.  So they either didn't try, or are hiding the contents


I seriously LOVE the fact you are so distrustful of anything relating to Jeffco! I feel we are kindred spirits in that regard. Haha

Skeptic by nature Laughing


Me as well. Suspect Smile
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia


Posts : 6422
Contribution Points : 193406
Forum Reputation : 1317
Join date : 2017-08-26
Age : 42

Dylan's love letter? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's love letter?   Dylan's love letter? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2018 1:50 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:
Even in the 90s if the HDD was wiped something could have been found.  Not by the local police though but the tech did exist.  So they either didn't try, or are hiding the contents


I seriously LOVE the fact you are so distrustful of anything relating to Jeffco! I feel we are kindred spirits in that regard. Haha

I wonder what would be so detrimental to Jeffco on Dylan’s computer?

How could two 17-year-old boys take down the whole entire police department?

Or maybe he did just wipe everything down because there is lots of porn? Maybe some plans for NBK...


_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Dylan's love letter? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's love letter?   Dylan's love letter? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2018 2:03 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:
Even in the 90s if the HDD was wiped something could have been found.  Not by the local police though but the tech did exist.  So they either didn't try, or are hiding the contents


I seriously LOVE the fact you are so distrustful of anything relating to Jeffco! I feel we are kindred spirits in that regard. Haha

I wonder what would be so detrimental to Jeffco on Dylan’s computer?

How could two 17-year-old boys take down the whole entire police department?

Or maybe he did just wipe everything down because there is lots of porn? Maybe some plans for NBK...




Who knows what could have been on there. scratch Maybe some foot fetish porn, maybe some NBK plans. Shocked Also I'm not really saying that Jeffco recovered anything and have kept it hidden all these years, I'm just saying that I think they proved themselves capable of finding something and then hiding it all these years! Haha
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia


Posts : 6422
Contribution Points : 193406
Forum Reputation : 1317
Join date : 2017-08-26
Age : 42

Dylan's love letter? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's love letter?   Dylan's love letter? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2018 2:08 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:
Even in the 90s if the HDD was wiped something could have been found.  Not by the local police though but the tech did exist.  So they either didn't try, or are hiding the contents


I seriously LOVE the fact you are so distrustful of anything relating to Jeffco! I feel we are kindred spirits in that regard. Haha

I wonder what would be so detrimental to Jeffco on Dylan’s computer?

How could two 17-year-old boys take down the whole entire police department?

Or maybe he did just wipe everything down because there is lots of porn? Maybe some plans for NBK...




Who knows what could have been on there. scratch Maybe some foot fetish porn, maybe some NBK plans. Shocked   Also I'm not really saying that Jeffco recovered anything and have kept it hidden all these years, I'm just saying that I think they proved themselves capable of finding something and then hiding it all these years!  Haha

Very Happy

Considering how they screwed so much up for the Browns I would not put it past them

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Dylan's love letter? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's love letter?   Dylan's love letter? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2018 2:23 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:
Even in the 90s if the HDD was wiped something could have been found.  Not by the local police though but the tech did exist.  So they either didn't try, or are hiding the contents


I seriously LOVE the fact you are so distrustful of anything relating to Jeffco! I feel we are kindred spirits in that regard. Haha

I wonder what would be so detrimental to Jeffco on Dylan’s computer?

How could two 17-year-old boys take down the whole entire police department?

Or maybe he did just wipe everything down because there is lots of porn? Maybe some plans for NBK...




Who knows what could have been on there. scratch Maybe some foot fetish porn, maybe some NBK plans. Shocked   Also I'm not really saying that Jeffco recovered anything and have kept it hidden all these years, I'm just saying that I think they proved themselves capable of finding something and then hiding it all these years!  Haha

Very Happy

Considering how they screwed so much up for the Browns I would not put it past them


EXACTLY!
Back to top Go down
icanmakeuhappy




Posts : 20
Contribution Points : 52575
Forum Reputation : 25
Join date : 2018-09-29
Age : 23

Dylan's love letter? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's love letter?   Dylan's love letter? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2018 10:50 pm

thelmar wrote:
icanmakeuhappy wrote:

This may sound stupid, but I have the theory this was meant to be sent to his crush after. Maybe he wasn't going to kill himself after the massacre so he would have been caught and thought about committing suicide in jail?


At the end of that same letter he writes, "Leave a piece of paper in my locker, (Locker [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] -- combo=19-37-9 --near the library) saying anything that comes to you"

He was hoping for a reply. If he was planning to remain alive after NBK he probably would have realized that no one was going to check his locker for him and pass that note along to him. Moreover, it seems like Dylan got embarrassed pretty easily. Anyone else knowing he wrote that note, let alone potentially reading it AND the girl's reply probably would have been mortifying to him.

Ah, you're right, I forgot about that. I read the transcription of his journal without the locker combo.
Back to top Go down
icanmakeuhappy




Posts : 20
Contribution Points : 52575
Forum Reputation : 25
Join date : 2018-09-29
Age : 23

Dylan's love letter? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's love letter?   Dylan's love letter? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2018 10:53 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:
Even in the 90s if the HDD was wiped something could have been found.  Not by the local police though but the tech did exist.  So they either didn't try, or are hiding the contents


I seriously LOVE the fact you are so distrustful of anything relating to Jeffco! I feel we are kindred spirits in that regard. Haha

I wonder what would be so detrimental to Jeffco on Dylan’s computer?

How could two 17-year-old boys take down the whole entire police department?

Or maybe he did just wipe everything down because there is lots of porn? Maybe some plans for NBK...




Who knows what could have been on there. scratch Maybe some foot fetish porn, maybe some NBK plans. Shocked   Also I'm not really saying that Jeffco recovered anything and have kept it hidden all these years, I'm just saying that I think they proved themselves capable of finding something and then hiding it all these years!  Haha

I feel like they would have released whatever was on Dylan's hard drive if it was related to NBK. Maybe it was just porn and they didn't feel like releasing it because it was too embarrassing? lol
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark


Posts : 4349
Contribution Points : 120078
Forum Reputation : 3191
Join date : 2017-09-05

Dylan's love letter? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's love letter?   Dylan's love letter? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2018 11:09 pm

Lizpuff wrote:
Even in the 90s if the HDD was wiped something could have been found.  Not by the local police though but the tech did exist.  So they either didn't try, or are hiding the contents

My bets are on the former rather than the latter; I'm not even sure how many of these chucklefucks even knew what a hard drive was back then.

_________________
"My guns are the only things that haven't stabbed me in the back."
-Kip Kinkel
Back to top Go down
Emanation of Darkness
Banned



Posts : 104
Contribution Points : 52509
Forum Reputation : 50
Join date : 2018-10-04

Dylan's love letter? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's love letter?   Dylan's love letter? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2018 11:34 pm

His HDD was probably around 10GB and a large portion of it would be occupied by game installs.
I think he had mainly wanted to delete his porn and browsing habits.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





Dylan's love letter? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's love letter?   Dylan's love letter? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
Dylan's love letter?
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Dylans symbols
» Dylans Brother
» Dylan and his "love" letter
» Dylans PC
» Dylans suicide

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: