Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lanza burned himself

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
eli27

eli27

Contribution Points : 85832
Forum Reputation : 135

Lanza burned himself Empty
PostSubject: Lanza burned himself   Lanza burned himself Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 6:32 am

''Nancy told me he was burning himself with a lighter. In the ankles or arms or something,''

''It was like he was trying to feel something. She just looked down at the glass and said 'I don't know. I'm worried I'm losing him.''

This was said by an anonymous 'friend' of Nancy Lanza in an article on New York Daily News.

Frustratingly, the article will not load on my computer right now (I found the quote on tumblr originally) but if/when it does I shall add the link.

Contribution Points : 103499
Forum Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: Lanza burned himself   Lanza burned himself Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 9:26 pm

oh i didn´t know this. pretty interesting.
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 126324
Forum Reputation : 1001

PostSubject: Re: Lanza burned himself   Lanza burned himself Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 10:04 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
eli27

eli27

Contribution Points : 85832
Forum Reputation : 135

PostSubject: Re: Lanza burned himself   Lanza burned himself Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2016 8:26 am

^ cheers for linking the article, although it still won't load on my computer?? maybe it's because I'm in the UK?

Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 126324
Forum Reputation : 1001

PostSubject: Re: Lanza burned himself   Lanza burned himself Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2016 12:30 pm

Here are some more websites that document the same information:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
exceptionella

Contribution Points : 82973
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Lanza burned himself   Lanza burned himself Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2016 6:06 pm

It is also reported that Adam was seen with bruisies on his body, as well as burns. In book 7 (00180016.pdf ) of the fbi files, authorities write about their interview with Darren Price who worked at Loews Theatre where Adam frequented to play DDR.

Price reports his last encounter with Adam in the August or September of 2012 when he "noticed a large circular welt (bruise) on his right forearm." -- Which is surely open for interpretation as to whether this was self-inflicted.

Regardless, you raise a pretty interesting topic because Adam had also mentioned (if even in a satirical tone) self harm here: "If depressives cut themselves to feel better, I wonder what cutting a happy-go-lucker would do" (Dec 25th, 2011)

MilverSoxie and nrmnfckngrckwll like this post

Back to top Go down
nrmnfckngrckwll

Contribution Points : 19880
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Lanza burned himself   Lanza burned himself Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2022 10:25 am

exceptionella wrote:
It is also reported that Adam was seen with bruisies on his body, as well as burns. In book 7 (00180016.pdf ) of the fbi files, authorities write about their interview with Darren Price who worked at Loews Theatre where Adam frequented to play DDR.

Price reports his last encounter with Adam in the August or September of 2012 when he "noticed a large circular welt (bruise) on his right forearm." -- Which is surely open for interpretation as to whether this was self-inflicted.

Regardless, you raise a pretty interesting topic because Adam had also mentioned (if even in a satirical tone) self harm here: "If depressives cut themselves to feel better, I wonder what cutting a happy-go-lucker would do" (Dec 25th, 2011)

In the same document that you quoted from an interview with Darren Price, it's worth noting this paragraph:

Quote :
The last interaction price had with the shooter was in August or September 2012, Price described the shooter as being more distant than he normally was. As the shooter came back from the restroom, cleaning himself up from the sweat, Price approached him and asked him if he was ok.

The shooter replied that he didn't have any money and also stated,"I just don't want to go home now" Price noticed that the shooter's right sleeve was slightly pulled up and he noticed a large circular welt (bruise) on his forearm. After noticing that, he offered the shooter $20 dollars to play the game, which he accepted. The next day at work Price heard from the manager from the night before, who stated that he had to unplug the game to get the shooter to leave, which he did without incident.

After reading the book "A Trial Of Adam Lanza" evidence suggested that it is possible that Nancy caused those bruises. Of course I'm not 100% sure. But, Nancy faked illnesses and made a good job of convincing everyone around her, including her husband that she was having "multiple sclerosis" and because of this, the author concluded that she has Munchausen syndrome and as to what extent she faked being a "loving and caring" mother to Adam, we will never know for sure. Nancy being multifacetedly abusive may be the reason why Adam was avoiding her or not wanting to go home as what was he reportedly stated to Price.

It was also interesting that one of his friends stated that he had a " strained relationship with his mother
because her behavior was " not rational". And just taking note of the email exchange between Adam lanza and his mother(you can easily look this email exchange online) one can easily notice that their relationship was tumultuous.

I find it also interesting that AL also recommended a list of B-grade horror movies using his online alias "Smiggles" and most of these movies depicted an abusive/controlling/manipulative caretaker/mother. You can find that list in the archive of his surviving posts under the name Smiggles in Shocked beyond belief. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  at pg. 19

I recommend that you read the book "A Trial Of Adam Lanza" it only costs around $1 or less. Some were very redundant but it looked at the case in a mucb broader perspective.

jamicah, Luck.may and justalurker08 like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lanza burned himself   Lanza burned himself Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lanza burned himself
Page 1 of 1