Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The interview

Go down 
+4
PaintItBlack
LPorter101
sororityalpha
Fatheroftwo
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Fatheroftwo

Contribution Points : 83263
Forum Reputation : 0

The interview Empty
PostSubject: The interview   The interview Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2016 10:35 pm

Thoughts?

Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 124059
Forum Reputation : 1001

The interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: The interview   The interview Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2016 10:36 pm

Still waiting to see it, is it over already ?
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

The interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: The interview   The interview Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2016 10:44 pm

Ahh, Dylan's parents called him the "Sunshine Boy" when he was younger because of his golden hair and because he was such a happy child.

Back to top Go down
Fatheroftwo

The interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: The interview   The interview Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2016 10:48 pm

strong woman.

just heard that she speaks with the Harris' occasionally, I thought I had read the families had not spoken. Perhaps it was after the article I read?
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

The interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: The interview   The interview Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2016 10:50 pm

That's nice ...

Anything else interesting yet ?
Back to top Go down
Fatheroftwo

The interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: The interview   The interview Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2016 10:51 pm

they absolutely torched Eric
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

The interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: The interview   The interview Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2016 10:51 pm

Wow ...

So, Susan is now 66 years old
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

The interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: The interview   The interview Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2016 10:54 pm

Sue Klebold also called Dylan her "shining penny"
Back to top Go down
Fatheroftwo

The interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: The interview   The interview Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2016 10:58 pm

as a parent it really hits home to see the pain and translate things as to how I would feel.

When she acknowledges that Dylan closed the basement tapes by saying goodbye to her... wow, that hit hard. Her emotions are visibly deep and still fresh.
Back to top Go down
Fatheroftwo

The interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: The interview   The interview Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2016 11:03 pm

sororityalpha wrote:

Sue Klebold also called Dylan her "shining penny"

he was until things turned it seems, I can see how they were so blindsided.. DK looked so happy and angelic as a young child.

I would likely be similar, but Mr Rohrbough is so intense, blunt & angry. When my son & I first visited the memorial, Mr Rohrbough's words on Daniel plaque almost brought me to full tears.. I've cried twice in 20+ years. I hope has found peace, I understand where he's coming from, but it's no way to go through life.
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

Contribution Points : 150640
Forum Reputation : 2754

The interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: The interview   The interview Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2016 11:05 pm

Fatheroftwo wrote:

Yes. If the Harrises ever speak publicly, they won't do it on ABC.

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 96566
Forum Reputation : 52

The interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: The interview   The interview Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2016 11:08 pm

I knew they'd bring that psychopath crap up about Eric again.I'm so tried of hearing that bs.
It makes me ill.
For all their training , these professionals apparently lack the ability to think independantly and common sense.
And please [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], don't come lecturing me about how they know everything and I know nothing so their opinion is unimpeachable , etc.
You aren't going to chance my mind and I think you know that already.Ok? Thank you.

Last edited by PaintItBlack on Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

The interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: The interview   The interview Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2016 11:10 pm

Sue talks about confronting Dylan about his behavior, reminds him that he forgot today was Mother's Day (May 10 1998) and pushes him against the refrigerator and Dylan softly responds back "Mom, please don't push me, I don't know how much I can control myself" - Sue says it was not scary, it was just his way of saying back off please. After that, he bought her African violets.
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

The interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: The interview   The interview Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2016 11:10 pm

LPorter101 wrote:
Fatheroftwo wrote:

@LPorter,
Who could blame them?I find Diane Sawyer's interview style to be condecending and incrediably annoying.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

The interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: The interview   The interview Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2016 11:17 pm

Dylan asked his mom to buy him a gun

Sue would go through his room during his junior year but by his senior year she stopped doing it in order to show him respect
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

The interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: The interview   The interview Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2016 11:21 pm

Diane Sawyer states that the Man Dressed in Black Story by Dylan was written one month before April 20 .... that story was written sometime in February
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

The interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: The interview   The interview Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2016 11:37 pm

Sue Klebold was diagnosed with breast cancer
Back to top Go down
Juicy Jazzy

Juicy Jazzy

Contribution Points : 98544
Forum Reputation : 21

The interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: The interview   The interview Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2016 11:45 pm

800 guests online now...
Back to top Go down
Fatheroftwo

The interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: The interview   The interview Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2016 11:46 pm

sororityalpha wrote:

Dylan asked his mom to buy him a gun

Sue would go through his room during his junior year but by his senior year she stopped doing it in order to show him respect

that was a very interesting part of the interview
Back to top Go down
Nirvana92

Nirvana92

Contribution Points : 83214
Forum Reputation : 80

The interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: The interview   The interview Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2016 11:49 pm

I hadn't seen a lot of the pictures of Dylan as a child before. The story about him forgetting Mother's Day (and the subtle threat he made) as well as the info he asked her to buy a gun made me sad. I gotta be honest I kind of have a new view of Dylan after watching. In the past Sue has really tried to pass on the view of Dylan being a kind and caring individual. I feel like she isn't holding back anymore and it sounds like Dylan was more of an asshole than I had presumed. Also seeing his interview at school ("Working on college and getting a scholarship") and knowing that he broke into the van later that night really made it apparent what a good liar he was.

That's just what I got out of it though. I'm very grateful that Sue did this and she's very strong for doing so.

Last edited by Nirvana92 on Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

The interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: The interview   The interview Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2016 11:52 pm

I respect and admire very much that Sue didn't try to put the blame on Eric or make Eric look worse and Dylan better. I think of lot of parents would have tried to strongly take that route. It was the program that tried to do that ,not her. Unless she said something about Eric that was cut from the show...

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down

The interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: The interview   The interview Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2016 11:58 pm

Does ABC release full version of interviews like this?
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

The interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: The interview   The interview Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2016 12:08 am

young_and_aspiring16 wrote:

Do you mean  for sale or online? They might post it online now that its aired. Some news shows are available on dvd for sale, others never will be.

Last edited by PaintItBlack on Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:18 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

The interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: The interview   The interview Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2016 12:17 am

young_and_aspiring16 wrote:

The full program is already on YouTube:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

As for the outtakes ... don't count on it.

Contribution Points : 95374

The interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: The interview   The interview Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2016 12:44 am

It was great and really surpsingly hit me really hard. I've never actually sat down and thought how a parent of a school shooter would feel, but the pain, guilt, anger, etc is so overwhelming and I applaud Sue for doing this interview. It's insane to think despite this happening roughly 20 years ago, how raw it felt when Sue went through it all.

I REALLY wanna hear from Eric's parents now, even if it's virtually impossible. I'd love to get their insight, especially with how hotly debated Eric being a psychopath is.
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

The interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: The interview   The interview Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2016 12:49 am

Even as we all feel, honor and empathize with Sue's pain and loss, I would like everyone to remember that there is another Mother in this who must feel much as Sue does everyday and that's Eric's Mom.
She lost her precious baby too and her grief is devalued and discounted even more than Sue's because of the continued demonization of Eric.

Back to top Go down
Juicy Jazzy

Juicy Jazzy

Contribution Points : 98544
Forum Reputation : 21

The interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: The interview   The interview Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2016 12:53 am

They reiterated that the basement tapes were destroyed.
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

The interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: The interview   The interview Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2016 12:54 am

Juicy Jazzy wrote:
The reiterated that the basement tapes were destroyed.

The tapes themselves might be gone, but I would bet good money that there are copies floating around out there.

The interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: The interview   The interview Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2016 1:03 am

LPorter101 wrote:
Juicy Jazzy wrote:

The tapes themselves might be gone, but I would bet good money that there are copies floating around out there.

Copies for sure.. sealed with the Feds or some other agency, but somewhere they exist
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

The interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: The interview   The interview Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2016 1:04 am

Fatheroftwo wrote:
LPorter101 wrote:
Juicy Jazzy wrote:

Copies for sure..  sealed with the Feds or some other agency, but somewhere they exist

I would bet good money that one day we'll be able to watch them. Someone out there has them.

There are rumors that they're floating around on the "dark web" ... maybe one of these days someone will bring them into the light.

FlyerFan

Contribution Points : 76872
Forum Reputation : 3

The interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: The interview   The interview Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2016 9:43 pm

PaintItBlack wrote:
LPorter101 wrote:
Fatheroftwo wrote:

@LPorter,
Who could blame them?I find Diane Sawyer's interview style to be condecending and incrediably annoying.

I agree with you. It almost felt like she was making accusations but trying to disguise them as questions. I mean this woman (Sue) is still living with the horror that her child was a mass murderer, is it really necessary to behave like that when you know she's already been through hell and back.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: The interview   The interview Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The interview
Page 1 of 1