Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

One month of Susan Kleboldbine

Go down 
+2
PaintItBlack
LPorter101
6 posters
AuthorMessage
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

Contribution Points : 150666
Forum Reputation : 2754

One month of Susan Kleboldbine Empty
PostSubject: One month of Susan Kleboldbine   One month of Susan Kleboldbine Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2016 4:16 pm

A month ago tonight - on Friday, February 12 - we were all glued to our TVs, watching Diane Sawyer interview Susan Klebold.

In terms of what we know (or, at least, what we think we know) about Columbine, are we better off now than we were a month ago? I think so.

PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 96591
Forum Reputation : 52

PostSubject: Re: One month of Susan Kleboldbine   One month of Susan Kleboldbine Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2016 8:00 pm

Thank you for marking this anniversary LPorter.
For Columbiners and others who have followed this intensely for a long time the past month has had tremendous significance.This may be the last big Columbine happening ever.

Last edited by PaintItBlack on Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Freezingmoon

Freezingmoon

Contribution Points : 77520
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: One month of Susan Kleboldbine   One month of Susan Kleboldbine Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2016 10:32 pm

I'm still waiting and hoping that Eric's parents will be inspired to talk or write a book : /
Back to top Go down
slippy123

slippy123

Contribution Points : 105438
Forum Reputation : 1235

PostSubject: Re: One month of Susan Kleboldbine   One month of Susan Kleboldbine Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2016 10:59 pm

Freezingmoon wrote:
I'm still waiting and hoping that Eric's parents will be inspired to talk or write a book : /

You'll be waiting for along time my friend Very Happy
Back to top Go down
deathmedic

Contribution Points : 101899
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: One month of Susan Kleboldbine   One month of Susan Kleboldbine Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2016 10:06 am

I only have 25 pages left to read and it does give some interesting things about his life. I don't think it changes much or gives a huge amount of info.... It would be nice to have Erics parents say or write something about him.
Back to top Go down
em81

Contribution Points : 101274
Forum Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: One month of Susan Kleboldbine   One month of Susan Kleboldbine Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2016 10:48 am

no doubt he had a very good life and family, but he was so sick. that´s it what i learnt from the book.
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: One month of Susan Kleboldbine   One month of Susan Kleboldbine Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 12:19 am

According to this before they even really knew what was happening Sue was already blaming Eric.Considering the admitted reaction Dylan had to the break in, I don't understand this.

Why Sue Klebold Said They Spoke to a Lawyer the Day Columbine Happened

The Klebolds were hit with intense public scrutiny and suspicion after Columbine. One of the things people wondered was why Klebold’s husband called a lawyer when the shooting happened, but she said there was a reason for that.
“It was because Dylan had just gotten off Diversion [a court-mandated counseling program] and we thought, ‘this kid is going to need legal help,‘” Klebold said. “My first thought was … that somehow Eric had done something that turned into something else.
“Your mind doesn’t let you take in a lot, so it may seem absolutely ridiculous, some of the things we were thinking, but that’s what we were thinking,” she added.
Sue Klebold Explains Why She Got Her Hair Done the Day After Columbine

Klebold was severely ridiculed for going to a hair appointment the day after the Columbine massacre. She told Sawyer she had a standing monthly appointment and her next one just happened to fall on that day. She decided to keep it because to her, it seemed like a chance to do something normal amidst the chaos around her.
“I was a wreck. I was a complete basket case. I could barely think. I could barely sit up. I could barely function,” Klebold told Sawyer. “I just didn’t know what to do with myself. I mean, I had nothing to do… I had this hair appointment, and I thought, ‘may as well go because it’ll get me out … of the house.’”
But after the appointment, she said, the hairdresser spoke to the press.
“So it had this very Mary Antoinette feel to it of, like, ‘people are suffering and she’s having her hair done,’” Klebold said.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: One month of Susan Kleboldbine   One month of Susan Kleboldbine Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2016 9:30 pm

A Columbiners Dad reacts to the interview.

So I watched Sue’s interview with my dad and I noticed him tearing up a little bit. He said, “I can’t even imagine how that would feel.” And at first I thought he meant if my brother, sister or myself were to be a victim. But he went on to say that my brother and his best friend were in the same grade at the high school down the street when Columbine happened. He said it could have just as easily been them shooting, if they wanted to do it and were able to hide it as well as the boys did. He didn’t blame Sue at all. He wouldn’t have seen it coming either. He said it could have been my sister. It could have been me. We were just as capable of doing what they did and he didn’t know how he would feel if he didn’t see it coming either. I saw my parent sympathize with Dylan’s parent. He felt so bad for Sue and later in the interview yelled at Diane through the TV for some of the backhanded questions she was asking. After the interview, he asked me about the memorial. He knew I spent a lot of time up there and he asked if Eric and Dylan’s names were there. I said no and he looked so upset and sad. He said, “That’s wrong. They were kids too. They were just kids. People lost them too.” And that’s the last thing he said about it.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One month of Susan Kleboldbine   One month of Susan Kleboldbine Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

One month of Susan Kleboldbine
Page 1 of 1