Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Columbine survivor Dan Steepleton says he forgives E &D

Go down 
+2
Draw_It_White
PaintItBlack
6 posters
AuthorMessage
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 96541
Forum Reputation : 52

Columbine survivor Dan Steepleton says he forgives E &D Empty
PostSubject: Columbine survivor Dan Steepleton says he forgives E &D   Columbine survivor Dan Steepleton says he forgives E &D Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2016 9:05 pm

Thought this would be of interest.I found it online.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I know I have mentioned this guy in a few of my posts but this is Dan Steepleton. He was injured in the library on the morning of April 20,1999 at Columbine High School. He was also my science teacher when i was finishing up middle school.A lot of the reason I got into Columbine was because of this guy, he inspired me a great deal. When I was in middle school, on April 20th he stood in front of our science class and shared his experience that morning of the massacre. This man,a young boy at the time was shot in the leg then watched as his best childhood friend was shot and killed. He recalled how he saw Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold being bullied because he himself was also a victim of cruel treatment at his high school,being a nerd. But despite the loss of his best friend and his life altering encounter with death he never talked badly about Eric and Dylan, he even said that he had no harsh feelings towards the two, he talked good of the two which was something that at the time struck me as odd. All he wanted to get across to us was that well, we do need to treat each other as human beings no matter what our flaws are. He also made it clear that those boys werent born into this world the same people way they left it as. Instead of harboring hate for someone who did something fueled by hate, we need to remember the good in others, in that case in Eric and Dylan because there was good in them. Ever since that day I have been very interested in Columbine as an event and as Eric and Dylan as people. He also inspired me to see the good in those two boys and in others even if they did very terrible things. I dont know but if there is anyone I want to give credit to for being into Columbine and into seeing Eric amd Dylan as victims to, Its this guy. I will forever remember him and all he taught me and inspired me to do and be.

Last edited by PaintItBlack on Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 97993
Forum Reputation : 154

PostSubject: Re: Columbine survivor Dan Steepleton says he forgives E &D   Columbine survivor Dan Steepleton says he forgives E &D Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2016 2:46 am

I thought you were a Columbiners since the day the massacre happened?
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 96541
Forum Reputation : 52

PostSubject: Re: Columbine survivor Dan Steepleton says he forgives E &D   Columbine survivor Dan Steepleton says he forgives E &D Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2016 2:52 am

I did not write this.Somebody I don't know did.I found it online.I should have made that more clear.I will edit now.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
Jbow89

Contribution Points : 74960
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Columbine survivor Dan Steepleton says he forgives E &D   Columbine survivor Dan Steepleton says he forgives E &D Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2016 6:42 pm

People grieve in different ways and I think parents of columbine victims should be mad at the way the investigation was handled but it's been almost 20 years since the incident and holding a grudge against the shooters is unhealthy and not going to solve anything.
Back to top Go down
Tuga

Contribution Points : 64417
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Columbine survivor Dan Steepleton says he forgives E &D   Columbine survivor Dan Steepleton says he forgives E &D Icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2018 4:44 pm

Who is the friend?
Back to top Go down
Rebbie556

Contribution Points : 92006
Forum Reputation : 225

PostSubject: Re: Columbine survivor Dan Steepleton says he forgives E &D   Columbine survivor Dan Steepleton says he forgives E &D Icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2018 7:07 pm

We cannot stop the school shooter once he is in the school. It is too late to disarm him. Let's disarm his anger before he decides to kill innocent children.
Back to top Go down
42099_4EVA

42099_4EVA

Contribution Points : 65860
Forum Reputation : 28

PostSubject: Re: Columbine survivor Dan Steepleton says he forgives E &D   Columbine survivor Dan Steepleton says he forgives E &D Icon_minitimeSat Feb 17, 2018 5:18 pm

PaintItBlack wrote:
Thought this would be of interest.I found it online.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I know I have mentioned this guy in a few of my posts but this is Dan Steepleton. He was injured in the library on the morning of April 20,1999 at Columbine High School. He was also my science teacher when i was finishing up middle school.A lot of the reason I got into Columbine was because of this guy, he inspired me a great deal. When I was in middle school, on April 20th he stood in front of our science class and shared his experience that morning of the massacre. This man,a young boy at the time was shot in the leg then watched as his best childhood friend was shot and killed. He recalled how he saw Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold being bullied because he himself was also a victim of cruel treatment at his high school,being a nerd. But despite the loss of his best friend and his life altering encounter with death he never talked badly about Eric and Dylan, he even said that he had no harsh feelings towards the two, he talked good of the two which was something that at the time struck me as odd. All he wanted to get across to us was that well, we do need to treat each other as human beings no matter what our flaws are. He also made it clear that those boys werent born into this world the same people way they left it as. Instead of harboring hate for someone who did something fueled by hate, we need to remember the good in others, in that case in Eric and Dylan because there was good in them. Ever since that day I have been very interested in Columbine as an event and as Eric and Dylan as people. He also inspired me to see the good in those two boys and in others even if they did very terrible things. I dont know but if there is anyone I want to give credit to for being into Columbine and into seeing Eric amd Dylan as victims to, Its this guy. I will forever remember him and all he taught me and inspired me to do and be.

This is so true. I feel Eric and Dylan started Columbine as the sweetest kids but Columbine and Colorado fucked Eric up (sorry for the profanity but it was the best word I could use for that description) and I feel like Columbine by itself screwed up Dylan worst than he already was. I feel like, from what I know of Dylan, I feel like before Columbine, Dylan was depressed but once he got to Columbine, Columbine just made him even worst. So I think had Eric and Dylan went to high school elsewhere, maybe they would still be alive today and there wouldn't even be a Columbine High Massacre. I wish they had went to my school, my school was majorly urban but we would've accepted them both like family. So but yeah, I agree with Dan. I don't think either of these kids were psychopaths nor sociopaths. I don't think they were evil (like TJ Lane is). I think Eric and Dylan were pushed and driven to kill from the shit that people put them through, because I mean in all honesty, high school can be a fucked up ass place. So that's my thoughts on it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Columbine survivor Dan Steepleton says he forgives E &D   Columbine survivor Dan Steepleton says he forgives E &D Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Columbine survivor Dan Steepleton says he forgives E &D
Page 1 of 1