Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Red Lake hub

Go down 
+4
FIBAgent
MrAdventure
InsaneIntruder
ChoSeungHui
8 posters
AuthorMessage
ChoSeungHui
William Atchison
March 18, 1996 -
December 7, 2017
ChoSeungHui

Contribution Points : 85636
Forum Reputation : 25

Red Lake hub Empty
PostSubject: Red Lake hub   Red Lake hub Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 5:00 pm

I didn't see any other topics relating specifically to the event and perpetrator as a whole, just regarding a specific detail of his life, so I'm gonna make this.

Anyone familiar with it knows a lot anyways, but I have information I collected through my own work available.

New details -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Syko666 - this was a newgrounds account jeff used before he made regret. syko666 has twice as many projects on it, along with over a hundred reviews he made. I made a video detailing his flash content:

I talked to a John or Jane Doe who knew him online. they didnt want me to give out too many details but the jist is, they knew him as a cool guy but he stated some macabre things once, and detailed his horrible life story. He originally suggested they meet up because he thought they were in the same state. I wont reveal where they live obviously. They said he was an artistic, creative type. He acted normal for the most part.

any details relating to this event that you discovered, please post. any discussion or curiosity, please post. Let this be a central hub relating to this sadly overlooked event. RIP Jeff and his 9 victims.

Last edited by ChoSeungHui on Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

Contribution Points : 85828
Forum Reputation : 340

Red Lake hub Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Lake hub   Red Lake hub Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2016 9:00 am

[REDACTED]

Last edited by InsaneIntruder on Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I was dumb back in the day and I regret some things I said)
Back to top Go down
MrAdventure

MrAdventure

Contribution Points : 71784
Forum Reputation : 0

Red Lake hub Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Lake hub   Red Lake hub Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2016 1:42 am

@insane intruder
There are and were more violent and generally fucked up flash animations posted to NG around the same time, i.e LiveCorpse's animations. It was to be expected from the early 2000s internet's especially considering NG was populated by teenage edgelords and attention whores. His animations wouldn't have stood out much to anyone prior to the massacre. Especially when other NGers posted far worse shit under the guise of "art."
Jeffs fell through the cracks simply due to numbers and him seeming like a typical NG user based off his reviews.
Back to top Go down
FIBAgent
William Atchison
March 18, 1996 -
December 7, 2017
FIBAgent

Contribution Points : 67970

Red Lake hub Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Lake hub   Red Lake hub Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2016 7:54 pm

Why was his case ignored? It had nearly as much death as Columbine did and yet the entire world forgot about it after a week.
Back to top Go down
MrAdventure

MrAdventure

Red Lake hub Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Lake hub   Red Lake hub Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2017 8:56 pm

FIBAgent wrote:
Why was his case ignored? It had nearly as much death as Columbine did and yet the entire world forgot about it after a week.
Dunno,
He was most likely forgotten because there was a huge saturation of school shootings at the time,
Plus he didnt do anything that "new" other than doing it on a reservation and subsequently bringing attention to its shit conditions.
Back to top Go down
FIBAgent
William Atchison
March 18, 1996 -
December 7, 2017
FIBAgent

Red Lake hub Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Lake hub   Red Lake hub Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 1:52 pm

What saturation ?

There were few shootings in the first few years after columbine happened, we only saw a spike of this shit occur ever since about 8-10 years ago

He achieved a high rate of murder which would immediately spark lots of media attention, yet the people of the community only received nationwide attention (and little support) for a week to a month, and then went overlooked ever since. Only in the last few years has there seen a noticeable spike in interest on the events details and aftermath.
Back to top Go down
MrAdventure

MrAdventure

Red Lake hub Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Lake hub   Red Lake hub Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 10:45 pm

By Saturation i mean there were a spike in shootings during that time, more highschool shootings than we have now (most shootings this decade have been terrorist/college attacks)
Do people still remember that guy who used shot up that mall in minnesota? no, not really.
Maybe some people close to the victems, but ask the average person and they'd be like
"what happened in minnesota? wtf?"
Back to top Go down
sscc

Contribution Points : 83282
Forum Reputation : 598

Red Lake hub Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Lake hub   Red Lake hub Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 11:14 pm

FIBAgent wrote:
What saturation ?

There were few shootings in the first few years after columbine happened, we only saw a spike of this shit occur ever since about 8-10 years ago
There were several shootings and also many thwarted attempts between 1999 and 2007 both in the US and in other countries.

Here are some of these attacks, from research done by Ralph Larkin.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This page lists the above attacks along with several more planned attacks that were caught by police.

Most of them probably didn't receive much press because there were so few deaths, often none at all. However, Weise's attack had many more casualties than all of the other US shootings, second only to Virginia Tech in the number killed during that time period. They did pay a lot of attention to the Amish schoolhouse shooting less than two years later even though there were fewer deaths, so as MrAdventure suggested, it was probably because this was the stereotypical high school student shooting (complete with Columbine imitation and goth clothing) with the only minor exception being that the perpetrator was Native American.

If you want Adam Lanza's opinion on the same question.
Smiggles wrote:
He was ignored because it happened on an Indian reservation and everyone was freaking out about whether or not Terry Schiavo should continue to flop around.
Brilliant display of empathy aside, he was correct that the media was completely wrapped up in the Schiavo saga around the time that Weise committed his shooting.
Back to top Go down
FIBAgent
William Atchison
March 18, 1996 -
December 7, 2017
FIBAgent

Red Lake hub Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Lake hub   Red Lake hub Icon_minitimeSun Jun 11, 2017 6:19 am

Thanks for that info sscc Smile

Useful links:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - Very offensive but very informative.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - tribute channel; his flashes, news videos, etc
Back to top Go down
FIBAgent
William Atchison
March 18, 1996 -
December 7, 2017
FIBAgent

Red Lake hub Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Lake hub   Red Lake hub Icon_minitimeSun Jun 11, 2017 11:08 am

FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT -

SOURCE: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

User: Starviego

Archive: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This information pertains to the case of Jeff Weise. A curious third party filed a FOIA to the FBI regarding the case and was able to get some info out of it. Please ensure this information is never lost. Thank you, and thank you Starviego for the time and effort invested to provide the public with this info.
Back to top Go down
STK

STK

Contribution Points : 72969
Forum Reputation : 330

Red Lake hub Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Lake hub   Red Lake hub Icon_minitimeTue Aug 29, 2017 8:28 pm

aperfectchildofsatan wrote:
I wish someone would make a documentary on Jeff Weise
Just last year there was a documentary made focusing on three survivors, "Red Lake":
There's also this random native american guy who made an 11 minute "documentary" on the shooting:

(I like your new avatar by the way  Smile )

"If opportunities for role fulfilment fall far short of the demand by those capable of filling roles, and having expectations to do so, only violence and disruption of social organization can follow. Individuals born under these circumstances will be so out of touch with reality as to be incapable even of alienation. Their most complex behaviors will become fragmented. Acquisition, creation and utilization of ideas appropriate for life in a post-industrial cultural-conceptual-technological society will have been blocked."
- John B. Calhoun

"If I died thirsty, it wouldn't matter for me if it rains ever again"
- Abu Firas al-Hamdani
Back to top Go down
AD 19-95

Contribution Points : 45094
Forum Reputation : 75

Red Lake hub Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Lake hub   Red Lake hub Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2019 1:33 pm

Last edited by AD 19-95 on Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120378
Forum Reputation : 3191

Red Lake hub Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Lake hub   Red Lake hub Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2019 11:49 pm

sscc wrote:
If you want Adam Lanza's opinion on the same question.
Smiggles wrote:
He was ignored because it happened on an Indian reservation and everyone was freaking out about whether or not Terry Schiavo should continue to flop around.
Brilliant display of empathy aside, he was correct that the media was completely wrapped up in the Schiavo saga around the time that Weise committed his shooting.

"Brilliant display of empathy" lol

Kinda reminds me how some people speculate that Andrew Kehoe was overlooked because the aerial circumnavigation of the world had been completed by Charles Lindbergh the very next day and subsequently stole any potential spotlight.

Sponsored content

Red Lake hub Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Lake hub   Red Lake hub Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Red Lake hub
Page 1 of 1