Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Who/When were the bombs brought in?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TaylorsMom

TaylorsMom

Contribution Points : 78042
Forum Reputation : 25

Who/When were the bombs brought in? Empty
PostSubject: Who/When were the bombs brought in?   Who/When were the bombs brought in? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 9:41 pm

So there's something that's been on my mind today and I am hoping for some other people's thoughts/opinions.  Going by the evidence given, Eric and Dylan went into the school at approximately 11:14 to lug the large bombs into the cafeteria.  Also, going by what we've known...Brooks Brown claims to have seen Eric pull into the parking lot and spoke with him briefly.  So, here's my problem....how can they be doing two things at the same time?  If Brooks is telling the truth, that would have to mean one of the following: scratch
1. Eric and Dylan parked somewhere different when bringing the bombs into the school?
2. The bombs were placed in the school earlier then said time?
3. Someone else planted the bombs?
*OR*
4. Eric and Dylan did indeed lug the bombs into the school and Brooks made it up?

Any thoughts?  If someone out there has evidence of the contrary, please...by all means, help me out here!!  Question
Back to top Go down
TaylorsMom

TaylorsMom

Contribution Points : 78042
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: Who/When were the bombs brought in?   Who/When were the bombs brought in? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 11:16 pm

Need to add to my original post... I remember hearing that when Brooks Brown walked away from the school and down the street a bit to "go home" after Eric told him to, he heard the 1st few shots. This is why I'm having a hard time understanding the true timeline. If this is true, Brooks ran into Eric after he pulled into school, then shortly after...maybe talking 3 mins....he hears the first shots. Is this night time to bring the bombs in?
Back to top Go down
Fatheroftwo

Contribution Points : 83263
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Who/When were the bombs brought in?   Who/When were the bombs brought in? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 11:50 pm

TaylorsMom wrote:
Need to add to my original post... I remember hearing that when Brooks Brown walked away from the school and down the street a bit to "go home" after Eric told him to, he heard the 1st few shots. This is why I'm having a hard time understanding the true timeline. If this is true, Brooks ran into Eric after he pulled into school, then shortly after...maybe talking 3 mins....he hears the first shots. Is this night time to bring the bombs in?

Lot of speculation on "when" & to a certain degree "who" brought them in. I believe you covered the most common theories & questions tho.

The cafeteria tapes may well "frame in" a range of time they were delivered, but due to a blank time in the tape.. we'll never really know who or when. I'd bet that's on the consensus top 10 mysteries of Columbine.
Back to top Go down
slippy123

slippy123

Contribution Points : 105413
Forum Reputation : 1235

PostSubject: Re: Who/When were the bombs brought in?   Who/When were the bombs brought in? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 11:50 pm

TaylorsMom wrote:
So there's something that's been on my mind today and I am hoping for some other people's thoughts/opinions.  Going by the evidence given, Eric and Dylan went into the school at approximately 11:14 to lug the large bombs into the cafeteria.  Also, going by what we've known...Brooks Brown claims to have seen Eric pull into the parking lot and spoke with him briefly.  So, here's my problem....how can they be doing two things at the same time?  If Brooks is telling the truth, that would have to mean one of the following: scratch
1. Eric and Dylan parked somewhere different when bringing the bombs into the school?
2. The bombs were placed in the school earlier then said time?
3. Someone else planted the bombs?
*OR*
4. Eric and Dylan did indeed lug the bombs into the school and Brooks made it up?

Any thoughts?  If someone out there has evidence of the contrary, please...by all means, help me out here!!  Question

No one noticed them bring the bombs in. A few people said they saw Dylan walk into the cafeteria and near the soda machines for a split second.
I believe Brooks saw Eric pull in the school before he placed his bombs down. Then he walked back down, waited a few minutes and when they didn't
detonate they started shooting.
Back to top Go down
lasttrain

Contribution Points : 102188
Forum Reputation : 74

PostSubject: Re: Who/When were the bombs brought in?   Who/When were the bombs brought in? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2016 11:17 am

The encounter with Brooks Brown happens before bomb placement.  We know this because Brooks sees Eric with the bags.

After thinking about this for a number of years, I have come to the conclusion that Eric was the one who brought all the explosives into the cafeteria by himself. In No Easy Answers Brooks Brown is absolutely clear that Eric pulls two bags out of the car while he is talking to him (4). Maybe one of the bags was guns and ammo, but I do not believe that Eric would leave his guns and ammo bag on the sidewalk unattended, especially if Brooks was in the vicinity.  He took both bags out because he intended to take both into the cafeteria.

Eric is also wearing black pants and a white t-shirt at the time, which was not unusual.  It is a lot easier for me to imagine Eric in street clothes carrying two bombs into the cafeteria unnoticed than it is for me to imagine the well more than 6 ft. Dylan doing it in a trench coat. Dylan simply peeking in at the soda machine was enough to get noticed.
Back to top Go down
lasttrain

PostSubject: Re: Who/When were the bombs brought in?   Who/When were the bombs brought in? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2016 11:22 am

Here is a repost of information I posted in another thread a while ago that is relevant to this question:

The chronology of Brooks's movements after the conversation with Eric is possible to track on a map.

He got out of class at around 11:10, and either stood on the sidewalk or walked down and back from Pierce St. That places Eric's arrival at around 11:12 or 11:13, maybe 11:14. Their conversation was probably not more than a minute. The cafeteria tape ends at 11:14:50 and Eric has not gone in yet. I would estimate that Brooks left at 11:13 or 11:14. Matthew Houk left the parking lot at 11:12 or 11:13 and saw Brooks walking south after he pulled out (6636).

Brooks says he was standing across the street from a block of housing construction when he heard the first shot. He must be referring to the homes on W Caley Place, which are listed as having been built in 2000. This location is a 3 minute walk from where Eric was parked. So Brooks is placing the start of the shooting a minute or two earlier than the report does, either that or he left the lot at closer to 11:15.

At this point he says he began to run, until he reached a green generator. The only green generator is behind a house on the 6400 block of S Pierce Ct. This is a 2 minute walk past the housing construction site, but he says he was running.

Then he moves to the Dutch Creek Trail underpass, another 3 minutes, where he hears police cars moving overhead. Dispatch is 11:25, and Brooks probably hears the cars around 11:27 or 11:28, so he stayed in the overpass for a couple minutes.

At this point he runs west across a field to "the first house [he] saw," finds no answer, but then runs into Mrs. Taylor at a house on the 6500 block of S Teller Court. He describes it as the third house where he knocks on the door, but he would have had to pass 5 houses to get to Mrs. Taylor's. Mrs. Taylor says this happened at around 11:45, but it is probably closer to 11:40.

Here things get a little strange. He calls his dad and tells him to pick him up on Upham. Taking Pierce Street to Upham is a 30 minute walk, but Brooks sets out.

At this point he runs into Mr. Johnson and Mr. Bath. They only tell investigators its "on one of the side streets," and it may've been Euclid, S Teller, or maybe Yukon, because Bath says he took Pierce as far as Coal Mine Ave. before being blocked. However, the blockade was actually at Walker, so I think they are mistaken. Brooks was moving south on Teller or east on Hoover back toward Pierce, and they probably saw him on one of those streets, most likely Teller, which would've been right after he left Mrs. Taylor's house.

Eastward movement is corroborated by Ryan Shwayder (7129-7132), the next person Brooks saw, who told law enforcement he saw Brooks standing on Hoover Avenue east of the intersection between Hoover and Parkview (which is actually called Teller there but it quickly turns into Parkview). Along with Matthew Houk and Deanna Shaffer, Shwayder says they drove to a cul-de-sac that gave them a view of Clement Park, which could've been Weaver Pl, Walker Pl, or the ones off Polk. At 11:52 and 11:56 Brooks calls the police. Strangely, Shwayder testifies that Brooks called his dad (7131), presumably to arrange a new meeting spot, but that call does not appear on the phone records (7134). It makes sense that this call was placed, because Randy Brown met them far from Upham Street. Deanna Shaffer says she doesn't recall it being placed (7161). At this point they move south, Randy Brown arrives, and Brooks drives Shwayder's vehicle to his own house. Brooks's house was about a half a mile from Eric's.
Back to top Go down
lasttrain

PostSubject: Re: Who/When were the bombs brought in?   Who/When were the bombs brought in? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2016 11:22 am

The one thing in the timeline that is hard to estimate is the time the shooting started.

Brooks says he talked to Eric shortly after 11:10, the conversation didn't last more than a minute, and then he walked south on Pierce and heard shooting as he reached W Caley Place.

However, the walk from Eric's car to W Caley Place is only 3 minutes, so either that puts the start of the shooting earlier than the official estimate of 11:19, or it means that Brooks took about nine minutes smoking, talking to Eric, walking away, etc.

Another thing that is uncomfortable about this timeline is that if Brooks walked immediately down Pierce after talking to Eric, then Eric took in the bombs, came back, waited, gave up, met Dylan at the hill, then started shooting--all in the 3 minutes it took Brooks to leave Eric and reach W Caley. But we know Eric didn't enter the commons before 11:14:50.

Which leads to an interesting question.

I have always wondered whether Brooks looked back at Eric. If someone is behaving strangely and orders you away, possibly to pursue some mischief, wouldn't you look back from afar to see what they were up to? Is it possible Brooks watched Eric for a while, and saw something? Has he ever said he looked back? Because of the angle, he would have had a direct view of Eric's car as he turned right on Pierce. Him watching Eric or otherwise investigating would account for the extra time.
Back to top Go down
Vii

Vii

Contribution Points : 74155
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Who/When were the bombs brought in?   Who/When were the bombs brought in? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2016 1:20 pm

That's A LOT to carry for a one skinny guy in that short period of time. Any idea of what was Dylan doing while Eric had this brief conversation with Brooks? Also, one of those bombs were found in the kitchen area, I assume no students were allowed in there so how is it possible someone went in there unnoticed, carrying/dragging some heavy bag? Something makes me think that they had to be placed there sooner than we think (or at least one of them).

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who/When were the bombs brought in?   Who/When were the bombs brought in? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who/When were the bombs brought in?
Page 1 of 1