Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine....

Go down 
+7
areyoulistening
tfsa47090
philosopher_king
RaiseTheFist
Jenn
Lifetime
Undyne
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest




Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine.... Empty
PostSubject: Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine....   Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine.... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 11:13 pm

DCullen- "Rachel Maddow gave me an extended shoutout in her opening monologue tonight. Yea!!!

She summarized "Columbine" and read a passage from my new Slate piece. Love her!"


Neutral

No Brooks Brown or Mark Ames in charge... just Cullen.
Back to top Go down
Undyne




Posts : 211
Contribution Points : 101588
Forum Reputation : 27
Join date : 2013-03-17

Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine....   Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine.... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 12:32 am

Mark Ames says things like "School was absolute torture for Eric and Dylan." I don't think we need him on TV.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine....   Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine.... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 1:25 am

It sure beats, "Eric Harris was a pussy-pounding stud who outscored much of the football team and fucked Brenda Parker," and "Eric was a psychopath and Dylan was his easily brainwashed, emo follower."
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine....   Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine.... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 1:26 am

MnM wrote:
It sure beats, "Eric Harris was a pussy-pounding stud who outscored much of the football team and fucked Brenda Parker," and "Eric was a psychopath and Dylan was his easily brainwashed, emo follower."
AGREED!!
Back to top Go down
Undyne




Posts : 211
Contribution Points : 101588
Forum Reputation : 27
Join date : 2013-03-17

Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine....   Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine.... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 1:55 am

MnM wrote:
It sure beats, "Eric Harris was a pussy-pounding stud who outscored much of the football team and fucked Brenda Parker," and "Eric was a psychopath and Dylan was his easily brainwashed, emo follower."

We don't need either of them on TV.
Back to top Go down
Lifetime




Posts : 136
Contribution Points : 101853
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-03-18

Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine....   Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine.... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 10:48 pm

No Brooks or Ames? That's because Brooks is to busy hitting on little girls and Ames is busy hiding from Rocky. So, guess that leaves us with Cullen.

_________________
"I'd rather die my way than live yours."- Lauren Oliver
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn


Posts : 3129
Contribution Points : 118475
Forum Reputation : 1004
Join date : 2013-03-13
Location : A place where it always snows.

Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine....   Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine.... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 11:07 pm

Lifetime wrote:
No Brooks or Ames? That's because Brooks is to busy hitting on little girls and Ames is busy hiding from Rocky. So, guess that leaves us with Cullen.
lol!

_________________
"I’ll see you in Heaven if you make the list"
Zachary Patrick Bowen (March 7, 1995-November 5, 2021).
I miss you little brother.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine....   Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine.... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 12:04 am

Lifetime wrote:
No Brooks or Ames? That's because Brooks is to busy hitting on little girls and Ames is busy hiding from Rocky. So, guess that leaves us with Cullen.

Brooks isn't hitting on any girls, despite what certain fanatical tumblr Columbine fangirls might claim.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine....   Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine.... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 12:09 am

MnM wrote:
Lifetime wrote:
No Brooks or Ames? That's because Brooks is to busy hitting on little girls and Ames is busy hiding from Rocky. So, guess that leaves us with Cullen.

Brooks isn't hitting on any girls, despite what certain fanatical tumblr Columbine fangirls might claim.

I have a feeling that Lifetime was being sarcastic when making that comment.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine....   Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine.... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 11:48 am

Jenn wrote:
Lifetime wrote:
No Brooks or Ames? That's because Brooks is to busy hitting on little girls and Ames is busy hiding from Rocky. So, guess that leaves us with Cullen.
lol!

"Rocky" as in Joe Wesbecker; the standard gravure shooter?
Back to top Go down
RaiseTheFist




Posts : 87
Contribution Points : 100187
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-04-28
Location : U.S.

Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine....   Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine.... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 11:41 pm

Cullen is mentally ill. He admits it. He says he had Secondary Post Traumatic Stress Disorder because of Columbine (Time interview). Why has the media let a mentally ill person become the authority on this shooting?
Back to top Go down
philosopher_king

philosopher_king


Posts : 187
Contribution Points : 101047
Forum Reputation : 8
Join date : 2013-03-15
Location : somewhere that you are not.

Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine....   Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine.... Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 11:50 pm

RaiseTheFist wrote:
Cullen is mentally ill. He admits it. He says he had Secondary Post Traumatic Stress Disorder because of Columbine (Time interview). Why has the media let a mentally ill person become the authority on this shooting?

I heard about that. News media doesn't usually filter good vs bad sources. It just uses what is available and it lets the public decide for themselves. It would be like censorship if they didn't. I find it better to ignore his presence than to interact with him. He is so stubborn with his book that he does not take criticism well. It is either his way by way of praise or you are blocked from his reality. I personally think he is tried of defending his book from critics and would rather hear the company comments of those that accept his book as it is.
Back to top Go down
RaiseTheFist




Posts : 87
Contribution Points : 100187
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-04-28
Location : U.S.

Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine....   Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine.... Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 12:01 am

I always wonder if Cullen came to the conclusions that he did about E/D because they are the ones which are most healing to himself (and his Secondary PTSD) and not the most honest ones. When I watch Cullen interviewed on TV, he gets so animate about the whole subject -as if he really NEEDS to believe that Eric was a psychopath for some reason.

The media kisses Cullen's asshole. In the Time interview, they accept everything this dipshit has to say. They fall over themselves congratulating him on how amazing it is he finally unearthed the "truth". I've never seen any interviewer ask Cullen the difficult questions. They don't have to be rude about it, but for fuck's sake, Cullen's chapter on Psychopathy would be laughed out of university if it were written by a student.
Back to top Go down
philosopher_king

philosopher_king


Posts : 187
Contribution Points : 101047
Forum Reputation : 8
Join date : 2013-03-15
Location : somewhere that you are not.

Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine....   Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine.... Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 12:42 am

RaiseTheFist wrote:
I always wonder if Cullen came to the conclusions that he did about E/D because they are the ones which are most healing to himself (and his Secondary PTSD) and not the most honest ones. When I watch Cullen interviewed on TV, he gets so animate about the whole subject -as if he really NEEDS to believe that Eric was a psychopath for some reason.

The media kisses Cullen's asshole. In the Time interview, they accept everything this dipshit has to say. They fall over themselves congratulating him on how amazing it is he finally unearthed the "truth". I've never seen any interviewer ask Cullen the difficult questions. They don't have to be rude about it, but for fuck's sake, Cullen's chapter on Psychopathy would be laughed out of university if it were written by a student.

Probably the reason why Cullen has never(to my knowledge) planned university visits. High schools are okay, because the questions are not tough to answer.

I look at these two articles. He really takes his ideas too seriously. I haven't read the The Bully Society book, but I give her more credibility than a journalist with a creative writing background.

Dave Cullen's critical review
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Authors rebuttal
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine....   Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine.... Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 12:52 am

RaiseTheFist wrote:
I always wonder if Cullen came to the conclusions that he did about E/D because they are the ones which are most healing to himself (and his Secondary PTSD) and not the most honest ones. When I watch Cullen interviewed on TV, he gets so animate about the whole subject -as if he really NEEDS to believe that Eric was a psychopath for some reason.

The media kisses Cullen's asshole. In the Time interview, they accept everything this dipshit has to say. They fall over themselves congratulating him on how amazing it is he finally unearthed the "truth". I've never seen any interviewer ask Cullen the difficult questions. They don't have to be rude about it, but for fuck's sake, Cullen's chapter on Psychopathy would be laughed out of university if it were written by a student.

Can you please explain or clarify the top part more? I don't quite understand. But I do agree with Cullen being completely content with the conclusion that Eric was a born physcopath. It's like he doesn't want to explore any other alternatives at all!

The media definitely kisses Cullen's ass. But there are a lot of people who think Cullen's book is the end all be all to Columbine. And believes because he spent 10 years studying the tragedy that everything in the book must be true. And this just proves and shows they don't know much about it and what really happened because of all the lies that are spread in the book such as they were very popular students, never bullied, Eric outscored more than the football team, Brenda Parker, etc. If people want to believe Eric was a physcopath and Dylan was the follower then they are entitled to think that. But I think they should decide that for themselves instead of believing it because of Dave Cullen.
Back to top Go down
tfsa47090
Global Moderator & Top 10 Contributor



Posts : 944
Contribution Points : 100763
Forum Reputation : 91
Join date : 2013-03-18

Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine....   Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine.... Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 1:01 am

RaiseTheFist wrote:
I always wonder if Cullen came to the conclusions that he did about E/D because they are the ones which are most healing to himself (and his Secondary PTSD) and not the most honest ones. When I watch Cullen interviewed on TV, he gets so animate about the whole subject -as if he really NEEDS to believe that Eric was a psychopath for some reason.

The media kisses Cullen's asshole. In the Time interview, they accept everything this dipshit has to say. They fall over themselves congratulating him on how amazing it is he finally unearthed the "truth". I've never seen any interviewer ask Cullen the difficult questions. They don't have to be rude about it, but for fuck's sake, Cullen's chapter on Psychopathy would be laughed out of university if it were written by a student.


I feel he needs to believe that conclusion. He knows that many others "need" to, as well. It is the only way that they can cope with what occurred without taking a long, hard look at themselves in the mirror. I feel he knows this is what most narrow minded people want to hear, so he continues promoting it and financially capitalizing on it.
Back to top Go down
RaiseTheFist




Posts : 87
Contribution Points : 100187
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-04-28
Location : U.S.

Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine....   Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine.... Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 1:40 am

Quote :
I feel he needs to believe that conclusion. He knows that many others "need" to, as well. It is the only way that they can cope with what occurred without taking a long, hard look at themselves in the mirror. I feel he knows this is what most narrow minded people want to hear, so he continues promoting it and financially capitalizing on it.

I completely agree with you. You basically, in better words, said what I was trying to say.
Back to top Go down
tfsa47090
Global Moderator & Top 10 Contributor



Posts : 944
Contribution Points : 100763
Forum Reputation : 91
Join date : 2013-03-18

Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine....   Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine.... Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 2:19 am

RaiseTheFist wrote:
Quote :
I feel he needs to believe that conclusion. He knows that many others "need" to, as well. It is the only way that they can cope with what occurred without taking a long, hard look at themselves in the mirror. I feel he knows this is what most narrow minded people want to hear, so he continues promoting it and financially capitalizing on it.

I completely agree with you. You basically, in better words, said what I was trying to say.

Thank you very much, but I think you said it very, very well yourself!
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine....   Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine.... Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 3:00 am

Dude. Dismissing his argument on the basis of psychiatric diagnosis is a shitty thing to do.

There are many other reasons to dispute Cullen. First, the bias in his writing towards certain conclusions that the public wanted, to the point of ignoring contrary data, even skewing data, in favor of a good bestselling yarn. Two, his sloppy fact-checking and over-reliance on the work of another, i.e, Dwayne Fuselier's psychological profiles. Three, his taking on the mantle of psychologist when he himself does not possess any degree or licensure enabling him to expound, with any authority, on the potential diagnoses of the two shooters.

He may also have biases against Eric and Dylan because he was bullied for being homosexual and he actually was, therefore making him oversensitive to their heavy usage of the word "fag" and less inclined to see them as human beings because they weren't him. And bullying only matters when it's based on an Acceptable Axis of Oppression (tm).

But do not drag mental health into the issue. It is the weakest ad hominem known to modern debate. His views are not less valid because of PTSD, ADHD or ETC. D. I am wary of using psych labels as counter-arguments.

After all, that's what he did.

That's what people wanted to believe about Columbine.
Back to top Go down
RaiseTheFist




Posts : 87
Contribution Points : 100187
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-04-28
Location : U.S.

Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine....   Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine.... Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 3:46 am

FredPete wrote:
Dude. Dismissing his argument on the basis of psychiatric diagnosis is a shitty thing to do.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not dismissing Cullen because he was mentally ill at the time when he wrote his book -I'd already dismissed this miserable bastard based on his extremely poor journalistic skills and his downright quackery long before I found out about his illness.

I'm speculating that his mental illness could be the reason why he was so bias in his book.

Cullen's Secondary PSTD isn't just a psychiatric diagnosis, it's a sickness he picked up from RESEARCHING COLUMBINE. Since Columbine is the SUBJECT of his book, it's only fair to ask whether his illness affected his outlook on the whole thing.

Look, simply put, I fucking hate Cullen. This guy seriously pisses me off in a way I didn't even know was humanly possible. Cullen wrote a book about the subject that caused his Secondary PTSD and the media should DEFINITELY ask him if his illness affected his perception of the event.

I don't mean any offense to people with a diagnosed mental illness.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine....   Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine.... Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 3:44 pm

Brooks and Marjorie Lindholm both had PTSD and wrote about it....

I remember one of the gals on the board said Cullen was kind of a big softey when they were talking about something.

He could still be traumatized about a subject and write a good book about it, I don't think that significantly impacted how the book turned out.
Back to top Go down
areyoulistening




Posts : 299
Contribution Points : 101522
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-03-17
Location : Ireland

Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine....   Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine.... Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 6:15 pm

I know that he's wrong in much of his information and so do many others but why does no-one pull him up on it? I've never heard one person say anything bad about the image that he presented. That bothers me more than people believing his book is a good source because they don't know any better, other people do but keep quiet and allow his shit to continue. I don't think I'll ever understand people...

_________________
If Frodo can get the ring to Mordor, you can get out of bed.
Back to top Go down
RaiseTheFist




Posts : 87
Contribution Points : 100187
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-04-28
Location : U.S.

Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine....   Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine.... Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 7:36 pm

MnM wrote:
Brooks and Marjorie Lindholm both had PTSD and wrote about it....

Brooks and Marjorie wrote books from the perspective of being a survivor of the event. They shared their personal stories in their books. When people pick up those books and read them, they know they are getting the perspective of a survivor.

And neither of these two claimed to have definite answers about why Eric and Dylan attacked their school.

Brooks' book was titled "No Easy Answers". Cullen's essay was titled, "At Last We Know Why The Columbine Killers Did It".

It's true that Cullen could have still written a good book despite being traumatized by the event. But he didn't.

He chose not to include the violent details of what happened during the library shooting, he chose not to let the reader know that E/D allowed John Savage to walk away, and he chose not to repeat ANYTHING Dylan said during the attack which might make it sound like he was enjoying himself. And he chose not to interview anyone who might have witnessed E/D being treated badly, instead painting the school as some sort of bizarre utopia.

Cullen's early articles on Columbine are completely different and much more professional. Somewhere along the line Cullen became incapable of writing about Columbine without bias. And MAYBE this was because he was traumatized by the event.

Obviously I have my own bias against Cullen, so what I say is colored by the fact I think Cullen is an arrogant prick. I don't care so much that he has his own opinion on Columbine as much as the fact that he believes that NO ONE ELSE IS RIGHT.

Cullen says that Eric was born sick in the head and that the reader should ignore Eric's claims that he was treated poorly because he's too sick in the head to be taken seriously. Yet Cullen, by his own admission, isn't so well in the head either. Cullen believes that Eric's sickness undermines anything Eric has to say... I'm merely asking Cullen if the same applies to himself.

I know this is going to offend everyone, but... What the hell kind of sickness is SECONDARY Post Traumatic Stress Disorder anyway? I didn't even know that existed? Ever since reading Cullen's book I keep having nightmares about stupid people, I'm prone to bouts of anger, and seeing Cullen's face on TV is "triggering" to that anger... Do I have "Third-Party Post Traumatic Stress Disorder"?


Last edited by RaiseTheFist on Sat May 04, 2013 7:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
RaiseTheFist




Posts : 87
Contribution Points : 100187
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-04-28
Location : U.S.

Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine....   Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine.... Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 7:37 pm

areyoulistening wrote:
I know that he's wrong in much of his information and so do many others but why does no-one pull him up on it? I've never heard one person say anything bad about the image that he presented. That bothers me more than people believing his book is a good source because they don't know any better, other people do but keep quiet and allow his shit to continue. I don't think I'll ever understand people...

Amen to that.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine....   Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine.... Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 9:38 pm

I was just thinking about this earlier. If Eric truly was the person that Cullen had made him out to be(big man on campus, ladies man, filled with confidence and swagger). Then high school would have been a very great experience for him. Those would have been his glory days. So why on earth would he try to blow and shoot the place up? There would be no need to get revenge against the school and no reason to gain power. Just thought I'd throw that out there.
Back to top Go down
Wideawake

Wideawake


Posts : 320
Contribution Points : 101501
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-03-20
Location : US

Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine....   Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine.... Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 9:53 pm

RaiseTheFist wrote:
Cullen says that Eric was born sick in the head and that the reader should ignore Eric's claims that he was treated poorly because he's too sick in the head to be taken seriously. Yet Cullen, by his own admission, isn't so well in the head either. Cullen believes that Eric's sickness undermines anything Eric has to say... I'm merely asking Cullen if the same applies to himself.

Very nicely worded.


Personally, don't know if Cullen's PTSD affected his view of Columbine although I can't imagine that it wouldn't. For me, it is as simple as the fact that his "evidence" is wrong.

On a side note, I just googled secondary PTSD and it looks like most of the people who suffer from it are people who live with and/or care for people with primary PTSD. Seems like it is a big problem among families of veterans.
Back to top Go down
RaiseTheFist




Posts : 87
Contribution Points : 100187
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-04-28
Location : U.S.

Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine....   Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine.... Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 9:54 pm

CatherineM813 wrote:
I was just thinking about this earlier. If Eric truly was the person that Cullen had made him out to be(big man on campus, ladies man, filled with confidence and swagger). Then high school would have been a very great experience for him. Those would have been his glory days. So why on earth would he try to blow and shoot the place up? There would be no need to get revenge against the school and no reason to gain power. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Cullen DOES believe that high school was Eric's "glory days". Cullen (somebody send this guy a mail bomb, already**) clearly states that Eric was having a great time at school and that he just wanted to hurt people because he was born a psychopath.

Cullen states that Eric had no rational reason to be angry. If Eric had a reason to be angry, Cullen would no longer be able to diagnose him as a psychopath.

For Cullen and his experts to diagnose Eric as a psychopath, they have to first rule out him having a genuine reason to be angry.

**This is a joke, OK? I didn't sleep last night. I'm not seriously threatening Cullen's life. So please don't kick me off the forum and make me go to all the trouble of re-registering under a different name, or anything like that.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine....   Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine.... Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 10:16 pm

RaiseTheFist wrote:
CatherineM813 wrote:
I was just thinking about this earlier. If Eric truly was the person that Cullen had made him out to be(big man on campus, ladies man, filled with confidence and swagger). Then high school would have been a very great experience for him. Those would have been his glory days. So why on earth would he try to blow and shoot the place up? There would be no need to get revenge against the school and no reason to gain power. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Cullen DOES believe that high school was Eric's "glory days". Cullen (somebody send this guy a mail bomb, already**) clearly states that Eric was having a great time at school and that he just wanted to hurt people because he was born a psychopath.

Cullen states that Eric had no rational reason to be angry. If Eric had a reason to be angry, Cullen would no longer be able to diagnose him as a psychopath.

For Cullen and his experts to diagnose Eric as a psychopath, they have to first rule out him having a genuine reason to be angry.

**This is a joke, OK? I didn't sleep last night. I'm not seriously threatening Cullen's life. So please don't kick me off the forum and make me go to all the trouble of re-registering under a different name, or anything like that.

Don't worry. We all know you wouldn't actually physically harm Cullen. And I should have thought about that before I wrote that post. I don't know what I was thinking.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia


Posts : 6422
Contribution Points : 193406
Forum Reputation : 1317
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 42

Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine....   Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine.... Icon_minitimeSat Oct 28, 2017 9:22 pm

Has anyone read Marjorie Lindholm's book?

In one of the summaries it states she does talk about the bullying at Columbine, namely with Dylan.

I always find what others say about them to be VERY interesting. Brooks says it was painful to watch Dylan because he was so shy and awkward, it was sad. Others describe him as sweet and awkward. Very funny.. sometimes very mean and angry. Same with Eric.

I mention this because Marjorie was mentioned above, not trying to hijack old threads ;)
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine....   Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine.... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 29, 2017 11:29 pm

People eat this kinda stuff up, its just not healthy for the media but what can you do.
Back to top Go down
Cemetery Jones




Posts : 28
Contribution Points : 60580
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-09-04

Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine....   Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine.... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 31, 2017 8:48 am

I have ptsd from my childhood and have never heard of secondary ptsd.. I imagine it would highly colour his view of the event! My views of the events of my childhood and the other children I lived with during that period are quite different. We all met up as adults for a few trials from those events and talking with them I heard a lot of things that I remembered differently. There were many things that I wanted to remember as not so bad when in reality they were just as nightmarish.
I read his book very recently and one of the first things I noticed was when he describes the shooting - when it's Eric he puts in every word he uses and every shot he makes. When it's Dylan he says 'one of the shooters' and doesn't explain as much. It's biased right from the start. For some reason Cullen wants to give Dylan a complete pass. so much so that at the start he says Dylan is having second thoughts when the bombs don't go off and mean old Eric has to run over to Dylan to force him to go shooting into the school!
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine....   Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine.... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 31, 2017 9:06 am

Cemetery Jones wrote:
I have ptsd from my childhood and have never heard of secondary ptsd.. I imagine it would highly colour his view of the event! My  views of the events of my childhood and the other children I lived with during that period are quite different. We all met up as adults for a few trials from those events and talking with them I heard a lot of things that I remembered differently. There were many things that I wanted to remember as not so bad when in reality they were just as nightmarish.
I read his book very recently and one of the first things I noticed was when he describes the shooting - when it's Eric he puts in every word he uses and every shot he makes. When it's Dylan he says 'one of the shooters' and doesn't explain as much. It's biased right from the start. For some reason Cullen wants to give Dylan a complete pass. so much so that at the start he says Dylan is having second thoughts when the bombs don't go off and mean old Eric has to run over to Dylan to force him to go shooting into the school!


No doubts there. Cullen never distributed the blame with an even hand. Eric shouldered the majority of it, as Cullen had deemed him the psychopath ladies man, and Dylan the depressed, suicidal, coerced follower.  Adding in true facts like how Dylan laughed and shot people would have conflicted with his story line.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia


Posts : 6422
Contribution Points : 193406
Forum Reputation : 1317
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 42

Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine....   Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine.... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 31, 2017 9:47 am

He's probably say Dylan was putting on a show for Eric when he was laughing and stepping on Sean Graves. Inside it was hurting his soul....

I don't believe either of them were inherently monsters. However the way Dylan was behaving that day was not the behavior of someone forced to kill. His own mother admits that.

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine....   Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine.... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 31, 2017 3:11 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
He's probably say Dylan was putting on a show for Eric when he was laughing and stepping on Sean Graves. Inside it was hurting his soul....

I don't believe either of them were inherently monsters. However the way Dylan was behaving that day was not the behavior of someone forced to kill. His own mother admits that.


Completely agree! Cullen seems to want people to think of Dylan as a sad little puppet and Eric as some sort of Evil Puppet Master who forced him or tricked him into doing his bidding. Rolling Eyes

Dylan did what he wanted to do, what he had planned to do. Also by the things he was reported to have said during the shooting, he was enjoying himself.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine....   Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine.... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 31, 2017 3:21 pm

Cemetery Jones wrote:
I have ptsd from my childhood and have never heard of secondary ptsd.. I imagine it would highly colour his view of the event! My  views of the events of my childhood and the other children I lived with during that period are quite different. We all met up as adults for a few trials from those events and talking with them I heard a lot of things that I remembered differently. There were many things that I wanted to remember as not so bad when in reality they were just as nightmarish.

That is understandable. You can take two people put them in a room show them the exact same thing, tell them something, etc. Then later ask them to talk about it. Its very doubtful they will have the same story, in the same sequence.

The same event would have effected everyone differently, with everyone having their own versions of what happened. While anyone else's version would seem untrue, or strange to them.  Especially with something traumatic in nature.
Back to top Go down
Norwegian
Top 10 Contributor



Posts : 1143
Contribution Points : 78553
Forum Reputation : 304
Join date : 2018-12-06

Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine....   Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine.... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2020 7:44 pm

philosopher_king wrote:
RaiseTheFist wrote:
I always wonder if Cullen came to the conclusions that he did about E/D because they are the ones which are most healing to himself (and his Secondary PTSD) and not the most honest ones. When I watch Cullen interviewed on TV, he gets so animate about the whole subject -as if he really NEEDS to believe that Eric was a psychopath for some reason.

The media kisses Cullen's asshole. In the Time interview, they accept everything this dipshit has to say. They fall over themselves congratulating him on how amazing it is he finally unearthed the "truth". I've never seen any interviewer ask Cullen the difficult questions. They don't have to be rude about it, but for fuck's sake, Cullen's chapter on Psychopathy would be laughed out of university if it were written by a student.

Probably the reason why Cullen has never(to my knowledge) planned university visits. High schools are okay, because the questions are not tough to answer.

I look at these two articles. He really takes his ideas too seriously. I haven't read the The Bully Society book, but I give her more credibility than a journalist with a creative writing background.

Dave Cullen's critical review
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Authors rebuttal
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Cullen is right. Ive read the Bully society. Or parts of it, that is. The book is probably a good point if you want to understand bullying more. But it makes some eggrerious errors in regards to Columbine . I liked that it tried to go in depths in regards to the cultural roots behind bullying- masculinity, gender conformity and so on. I think that they have a tremendous impact or influence on why Kids bully, a lot of the times. I also think that bullying is a factor in regards to school shootings; albeit the extent to which it plays a role is hard to Come to terms with.

Nevertheless, She relied too much on outdated press reports, like Cullen says. Katherine Newman and Jack Levin also made the same mistake of making some really inaccurate claims when they published their books. Allthough, I think Levin got hes facts straight more than Newman.

WhereHaveYouBeen likes this post

Back to top Go down
Norwegian
Top 10 Contributor



Posts : 1143
Contribution Points : 78553
Forum Reputation : 304
Join date : 2018-12-06

Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine....   Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine.... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2020 8:06 pm

Guest wrote:
Cemetery Jones wrote:
I have ptsd from my childhood and have never heard of secondary ptsd.. I imagine it would highly colour his view of the event! My  views of the events of my childhood and the other children I lived with during that period are quite different. We all met up as adults for a few trials from those events and talking with them I heard a lot of things that I remembered differently. There were many things that I wanted to remember as not so bad when in reality they were just as nightmarish.
I read his book very recently and one of the first things I noticed was when he describes the shooting - when it's Eric he puts in every word he uses and every shot he makes. When it's Dylan he says 'one of the shooters' and doesn't explain as much. It's biased right from the start. For some reason Cullen wants to give Dylan a complete pass. so much so that at the start he says Dylan is having second thoughts when the bombs don't go off and mean old Eric has to run over to Dylan to force him to go shooting into the school!


No doubts there. Cullen never distributed the blame with an even hand. Eric shouldered the majority of it, as Cullen had deemed him the psychopath ladies man, and Dylan the depressed, suicidal, coerced follower.  Adding in true facts like how Dylan laughed and shot people would have conflicted with his story line.

The psychopath- theory doesnt Come from Cullen. Dwayne Fuselier and Ochberg are amongst the experts that concluded Harris was a psychopath. Or very likely in the process of becoming one.

Other than that I dont think its so much wanting to give Dylan a free pass as that its considered to be a Bonnie and Clyde- syndrome. Its the narrative that when you have killer couples, theres a leader and a follower. Of course, that doesnt give one a free pass, either, Just for being a follower. But its a perspective/theory/fact that I know has been studied in regards to many couple murders.https://www.adlibris.com/no/bok/killer-couple-the-true-story-of-christina-marcum-and-jason-singleton-9781983630828.

Im not skilled enough to say that this analogy is true or false. But some of what Ive seen from online documentaries and so on, talk about this type of relationship as far as Im aware. The follower(s) relying on a leader to commit a Crime.

Only thing Im aware of is that Kate Battan suggested once that E&D were equally responsible for the massacre

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

(Coincidentally, this appears to be an Old news report, so take it with a huge grain of salt).

So has Jeff Kass.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine....   Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
Looks like the mainstream media still love Cullenbine....
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» To hate Cullenbine is to love ... Prendergastbine?
» I love this guy
» Cleaning Cullenbine
» Cullenbine in Czech
» Today (Sept. 23) is the 17th anniversary of Cullenbine

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: