Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Anne Marie Hochhalter's latest interview

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

Contribution Points : 150640
Forum Reputation : 2754

Anne Marie Hochhalter's latest interview Empty
PostSubject: Anne Marie Hochhalter's latest interview   Anne Marie Hochhalter's latest interview Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2016 4:13 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

shades

Contribution Points : 79736
Forum Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: Anne Marie Hochhalter's latest interview   Anne Marie Hochhalter's latest interview Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2016 4:42 am

This one's sad.

It's a good read guys!

I'm so proud of Ann Marie. She took all of this extremely well inclusive of what happened to her mother. She forgived Sue publicly, that takes alot.

shades

PostSubject: Re: Anne Marie Hochhalter's latest interview   Anne Marie Hochhalter's latest interview Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2016 4:45 am

Quote :
Hochhalter: "We do have Facebook, and so that’s almost like a school reunion. So a lot of us do keep in contact. We band together when the anniversary comes around, or when there's another shooting, because we know how it impacts us. I've reached out to a lot of people in other shootings, especially Aurora, because that was local. And I'm also here for any of the people that were impacted in Orlando. You can message me on Facebook. I'm here for you."
Interesting!

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 96566
Forum Reputation : 52

PostSubject: Re: Anne Marie Hochhalter's latest interview   Anne Marie Hochhalter's latest interview Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2016 8:26 am

I feel bad for Anne Marie in everything that she has gone through,especially the physical pain she still feels.
But it really irks me when I see all the talk about her forgiving Sue.I'm sure that Sue is grateful for any kindness but what did Sue or Tom or Eric's parents do to her that needs forgiving?
I can't see anything.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: Anne Marie Hochhalter's latest interview   Anne Marie Hochhalter's latest interview Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2016 8:46 am

PaintItBlack wrote:
I feel bad for Anne Marie in everything that she has gone through,especially the physical pain she still feels.
But it really irks me when I see all the talk about her forgiving Sue.I'm sure that Sue is grateful for any kindness but what did Sue or Tom or Eric's parents do to her that needs forgiving?
I can't see anything.
And what at all could they have done for her? Cover her medical fees? Return her mother back? Anne is mature and civil enough to know that there's nothing Sue could do to turn back time. Anne forgives Sue in the sense where Sue is coming out publicly and taking all the public torment on behalf of her deceased son as punishment. To Anne, that is probably enough of a gesture to see some form of apology or closure. And as long as it makes Anne feel good, better, and less bitter, It's really something between herself and her spirit. It doesn't matter if anyone else doesn't understand it.

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 96174
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: Anne Marie Hochhalter's latest interview   Anne Marie Hochhalter's latest interview Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2016 12:48 pm

I love Anne Marie. I think she is a wonderful girl. I agree with Liquorvamp. True Sue does not have anything to be forgiven for, but Sue has had daggers thrown at her for the last 17 years. Everyone piles on top of her and tears her apart. I think Anne Marie reaching out to Sue with a positive outlook on her life and showing her some compassion is a light in the tunnel

lasttrain

Contribution Points : 102188
Forum Reputation : 74

PostSubject: Re: Anne Marie Hochhalter's latest interview   Anne Marie Hochhalter's latest interview Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2016 3:54 pm

PaintItBlack wrote:
I can't see anything.

The parents need for forgiveness for not seeing it coming.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: Anne Marie Hochhalter's latest interview   Anne Marie Hochhalter's latest interview Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2016 4:12 pm

lasttrain wrote:
The parents need for forgiveness for not seeing it coming.
Then that can't even count for forgiveness. It literally speaks for itself, they didn't see it coming. It's something as good as nonexistent until it happens. If that's the case then I would be seeking forgiveness from anyone in the near future for something I don't know is happening yet.

PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: Anne Marie Hochhalter's latest interview   Anne Marie Hochhalter's latest interview Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2016 1:51 am

liquorvamp wrote:
PaintItBlack wrote:
I can't see anything.
And what at all could they have done for her? Cover her medical fees? Return her mother back? Anne is mature and civil enough to know that there's nothing Sue could do to turn back time. Anne forgives Sue in the sense where Sue is coming out publicly and taking all the public torment on behalf of her deceased son as punishment. To Anne, that is probably enough of a gesture to see some form of apology or closure. And as long as it makes Anne feel good, better, and less bitter, It's really something between herself and her spirit. It doesn't matter if anyone else doesn't understand it.

Sue told a story back in 2004( and received a huge amount of public and victim family criticism for doing so) about how a man once told her"I forgive you for for what you've done." and she said back to him "I haven't done anything for which I need forgiveness."
If I were her, I would frankly feel the same way.I think Sue has received so much criticism that she's terrified of saying the wrong thing which is perfectly understandable.It's just the idea that people in general gave that E &D's parents should be forever groveling for everyone's forgiveness and so gushingly grateful when its given that irks me.It seems so condescending somehow.Looking at it entirely from Anne Marie's perspective, I can see why she'd be angry,but it just something that does not sit well with me.I can't help having that reaction to it.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: Anne Marie Hochhalter's latest interview   Anne Marie Hochhalter's latest interview Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2016 2:17 am

PaintItBlack wrote:
Sue told a story back in 2004( and received a huge amount of public and victim family criticism for doing so) about how a man once told her"I forgive you for for what you've done." and she said back to him "I haven't done anything for which I need forgiveness."
If I were her, I would frankly feel the same way.I think Sue has received so much criticism that she's terrified of saying the wrong thing which is perfectly understandable.It's just the idea that people in general gave that E &D's parents should be forever groveling for everyone's forgiveness and so gushingly grateful when its given that irks me.It seems so condescending somehow.Looking at it entirely from Anne Marie's perspective, I can see why she'd be angry,but it just something that does not sit well with me.I can't help having that reaction to it.

Girl who cares? Sue never grovelled for forgiveness, and Anne Marie wants to give it to her. So, let it be. Like I said, it makes Anne feel better and thats what matters. I sure as hell ain't feeling condescending about it, I just support the decision Anne made.

PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: Anne Marie Hochhalter's latest interview   Anne Marie Hochhalter's latest interview Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2016 2:28 am

liquorvamp wrote:
PaintItBlack wrote:

Girl who cares? Sue never grovelled for forgiveness, and Anne Marie wants to give it to her. So, let it be. Like I said, it makes Anne feel better and thats what matters. I sure as hell ain't feeling condescending about it, I just support the decision Anne made.

I did not mean that you were being condescending.I was just speaking about the attitude of people in general towards this.You are right in the fact that in the long run it probably doesn't matter that much.Since we were talking about it ,I thought I'd express my thoughts on since as I said this is something that has always bugged me.And I agree that Anne Marie's eventual reaction is much better than the criticism some victims families would probably express if asked about it publicly.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anne Marie Hochhalter's latest interview   Anne Marie Hochhalter's latest interview Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anne Marie Hochhalter's latest interview
Page 1 of 1