Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gender gap

Go down 
+2
cypressdustwitch
NotYourRobot
6 posters
AuthorMessage
NotYourRobot

Contribution Points : 74924
Forum Reputation : 0

Gender gap  Empty
PostSubject: Gender gap    Gender gap  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2016 6:59 pm

I don't know if this thread is the place to bring it up , but isn't it weird that there are no female school shooters, not even one. Why do you think that is?
And I have a horrible prediction that we'll see a girl shooter soon enough
Back to top Go down
cypressdustwitch

cypressdustwitch

Contribution Points : 73092

Gender gap  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gender gap    Gender gap  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2016 7:05 pm

There have been a few female school shooters in the past, the most famous one is probably Brenda Spencer.
Back to top Go down
NotYourRobot

Gender gap  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gender gap    Gender gap  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2016 7:18 pm

I just googled Brenda spencer and 1079 doesn't really count
Back to top Go down
cypressdustwitch

cypressdustwitch

Gender gap  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gender gap    Gender gap  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2016 7:47 pm

Hm, why don't you think it counts? If you're not satisfied with that, you could just google "female school shooters" and there's a list. Smile
Back to top Go down
NotYourRobot

Gender gap  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gender gap    Gender gap  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2016 8:50 pm

Really? I thought I tried that before.
Just tried ago and I see 5 incidents. So still quite a big gap.
As for 1979 not counting, it was so long ago (90's girl right here) and post columbine everything school safety related changed
Back to top Go down
cypressdustwitch

cypressdustwitch

Gender gap  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gender gap    Gender gap  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2016 9:32 pm

I'm not even trying to be argumentative, but you said:

"but isn't it weird that there are no female school shooters, not even one."

I was simply letting you know that there have indeed been female school shooters in the past. There haven't been any in recent times, no, but that doesn't mean that its never happened.
Back to top Go down

Gender gap  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gender gap    Gender gap  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2016 9:48 pm

Brenda Spencer was probably one of the first "modern" school shooters. So I think she certainly counts as far as the topic goes.
Back to top Go down
Kiwik

Kiwik

Contribution Points : 74501
Forum Reputation : 25

Gender gap  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gender gap    Gender gap  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2016 10:03 pm

It seems that there have been several *potential* female shooters, but their plans always seen to be foiled well in advance. The thing about teenage girls is that they're known for running their mouths, bragging and letting things "slip". I think that's why there are significantly fewer female school shooters than males.
Back to top Go down
Freezingmoon

Freezingmoon

Contribution Points : 77820

Gender gap  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gender gap    Gender gap  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2016 10:34 pm

I think it's typically because our society teaches guys that when there is a problem, it must be the fault of someone else.  But we teach girls that if there's a problem, then it must be your fault. 

So girls are less likely to want to hurt others and more likely to want to hurt themselves via eating disorders, cutting, suicude attempts, etc.

Of course this isn't always true, but it seems to be true most  of the time. 

Also, the number of guys interested in guns probably outnumbers the amount of girls interested in guns.
Back to top Go down
lilith

lilith

Contribution Points : 73525

Gender gap  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gender gap    Gender gap  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2016 11:41 pm

yeah, i personally think its just a societal construct thing. a lot of men are encouraged or told its "normal" to act out and a lot of women act inward like [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] said. our stupid society loves gendering shit and thats one of the things our society has done in gendering. making girls not interested in "masculine things" and making girls act out inwardly instead. although, of course, i do not believe this is right and people should just act and do whatever they'd like regardless of what gender they identify as.

Nirvana92

Nirvana92

Contribution Points : 83539
Forum Reputation : 80

Gender gap  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gender gap    Gender gap  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2016 1:13 am

Brenda Spencer is probably the most relevant school shooters of all. Its be a disservice not to mention her since not only was she a female, but she was one of the first modern school shooters.

Men tend to be more outwardly violent, while women tend to holdit in. Men tend to prefer fighting while women tend to self harm more. In terms of teenagers it has a lot to do with hormones as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gender gap  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gender gap    Gender gap  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gender gap
Page 1 of 1