Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lear's Shadow/The Strangeness of Columbine

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Lear's Shadow/The Strangeness of Columbine Empty
PostSubject: Lear's Shadow/The Strangeness of Columbine   Lear's Shadow/The Strangeness of Columbine Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 10:01 pm

Does anyone remember that website that did an analysis of similarities between Eric Harris and Calvin?
Back to top Go down
tfsa47090
Global Moderator & Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 103338
Forum Reputation : 91

PostSubject: Re: Lear's Shadow/The Strangeness of Columbine   Lear's Shadow/The Strangeness of Columbine Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 10:25 pm

MnM wrote:
Does anyone remember that website that did an analysis of similarities between Eric Harris and Calvin?

Calvin and Eric, Dylan and Hobbes

Full site
Back to top Go down
tfsa47090
Global Moderator & Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 103338
Forum Reputation : 91

PostSubject: Re: Lear's Shadow/The Strangeness of Columbine   Lear's Shadow/The Strangeness of Columbine Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 10:25 pm

What is linked in my post above is an immensely interesting site that I strongly recommend. I came across it in 2005-2006, and couldn't stop re-reading it.

It presents an incredibly unique view of Eric and Dylan. The individual who created the site and wrote all of the pieces contained within is also the author of The Strangeness of Columbine: An Interpretation.

I haven't had the time to complete the book, unfortunately, but I hope to very soon.
Back to top Go down
JayJay

Contribution Points : 99214
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Lear's Shadow/The Strangeness of Columbine   Lear's Shadow/The Strangeness of Columbine Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 11:31 am

Yes, very interesting site. Really fascinating stuff.

Just finished the whole book ''The Strangeness of Columbine''. The book itself IS strange! Smile 
It makes all kinds of connections between apparently unrelated events, but put together, the symbolism and the surreal nature of Columbine facts are uncanny. He'll analyze together the journals of Dylan and Rachel Scott, Eric's views on nature and natural selection, makes paralells to Calvin & Hobbes, the Sand Creek massacre of 1864 and to The Shining by Stephen King. Yep, he goes very far and sometimes you don't know exactly where he's going but he gets places.

If your thinking is more mechanistic, more scientific, the book could be unpalatable, far-fetched. But if you enjoy symbolism, surrealism, magic(k)al thinking, you'll like this.

The author of the book doesn't make any definitive conclusion but let's you draw yours as to the interconnection of everything. The implications of it all are troubling and metaphysical in scope.

Going through my reading notes now, just writing stuff down.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lear's Shadow/The Strangeness of Columbine   Lear's Shadow/The Strangeness of Columbine Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lear's Shadow/The Strangeness of Columbine
Page 1 of 1