Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Attack in southeast London barracks

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Attack in southeast London barracks  Empty
PostSubject: Attack in southeast London barracks    Attack in southeast London barracks  Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 8:16 pm

Intense huh? Im assume everyone herd the story? Two Muslim extremists attacked and killed a English soldier with a machete and a clever in the name of Allah, claiming it was an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth. Anyone have any thought on this?

Link to story:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
queenfarooq

Contribution Points : 102387
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Attack in southeast London barracks    Attack in southeast London barracks  Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 10:39 pm

PanterA wrote:
Intense huh? Im assume everyone herd the story? Two Muslim extremists attacked and killed a English soldier with a machete and a clever in the name of Allah, claiming it was an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth. Anyone have any thought on this?

Link to story:

I'm from England and this has pretty much all that's been on the news and in all the papers today. It's just awful. The guy who was killed was only 25 and had a wife and young son.
I can't help but wonder the wider consequences that will come from such an incident. For the Muslim community acts like this just reinforce a negative stereotype of a Muslim terrorist. News footage already showed images of a car that had been spray painted with the word "terrorist" and the vandalized windows and exterior of a Mosque, all believed to have been backlash from the event. There's been a huge response already from the British Muslim community expressing their anger and outrage, many British Muslims have been appearing on news channels throughout the day condemning the acts of these two men. One Muslim man sadly commented "all our hard work (in building interfaith relationships) is undone." I'm also wondering about the consequences over the ongoing debate about whether police officers should be armed or weapons and appropriate response vehicles should be kept at stations in the UK. According to reports it took armed officers 20 minuets to arrive on scene which has been slammed as extremely worrying, however other sources say it was closer to 10 minuets. Personally I think this is something which will not change. However if the response time was indeed 20 minuets it is very lucky that these two guys were just waiting around for armed officers to arrive, who knows what could have happened if they had decided to run amok.
A number of pictures showing the three women now dubbed 'The Angels of Woolwich' who confronted the two men has sparked a lot of discussion about peoples reluctance to get involved in such situations. Two of the women conversed with the men whilst the other asked if she could pray beside the soldier. I think the images and stories of these women have been the most evoking I have seen and heard today. It really makes you think.
The latest news reports I have heard is that two more people have been arrested on suspicion to commit murder, one male and one female, it has been tied in with this case but i'm not sure how it is related yet.
Just a very sad and shocking story, the image of one of the men with the machete and blood on his hands is just terrifying.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attack in southeast London barracks    Attack in southeast London barracks  Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 7:07 pm

queenfarooq wrote:
PanterA wrote:

Link to story:

I'm from England and this has pretty much all that's been on the news and in all the papers today. It's just awful. The guy who was killed was only 25 and had a wife and young son.
I can't help but wonder the wider consequences that will come from such an incident. For the Muslim community acts like this just reinforce a negative stereotype of a Muslim terrorist. News footage already showed images of a car that had been spray painted with the word "terrorist" and the vandalized windows and exterior of a Mosque, all believed to have been backlash from the event. There's been a huge response already from the British Muslim community expressing their anger and outrage, many British Muslims have been appearing on news channels throughout the day condemning the acts of these two men. One Muslim man sadly commented "all our hard work (in building interfaith relationships) is undone." I'm also wondering about the consequences over the ongoing debate about whether police officers should be armed or weapons and appropriate response vehicles should be kept at stations in the UK. According to reports it took armed officers 20 minuets to arrive on scene which has been slammed as extremely worrying, however other sources say it was closer to 10 minuets. Personally I think this is something which will not change. However if the response time was indeed 20 minuets it is very lucky that these two guys were just waiting around for armed officers to arrive, who knows what could have happened if they had decided to run amok.
A number of pictures showing the three women now dubbed 'The Angels of Woolwich' who confronted the two men has sparked a lot of discussion about peoples reluctance to get involved in such situations. Two of the women conversed with the men whilst the other asked if she could pray beside the soldier. I think the images and stories of these women have been the most evoking I have seen and heard today. It really makes you think.
The latest news reports I have heard is that two more people have been arrested on suspicion to commit murder, one male and one female, it has been tied in with this case but i'm not sure how it is related yet.
Just a very sad and shocking story, the image of one of the men with the machete and blood on his hands is just terrifying.

Wow! The aftermath of this attack is terrible and I really feel for the Muslim community that has suffered so much by the actions of these two extremists. Just when things were starting to look better for the Muslim community, as the man said all their hard work is now undone
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Attack in southeast London barracks    Attack in southeast London barracks  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Attack in southeast London barracks
Page 1 of 1