Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Frank DeAngelis' Speaking Tour

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
myshame

Contribution Points : 74969
Forum Reputation : 0

Frank DeAngelis' Speaking Tour Empty
PostSubject: Frank DeAngelis' Speaking Tour   Frank DeAngelis' Speaking Tour Icon_minitimeSun Mar 26, 2017 8:14 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Quote :

"If you think you are in a community where this isn't going to happen, you are deceiving yourself. You need to look at the history of these incidents," said DeAngelis, who served as principal there from 1996-2014. "Columbine, Sandy Hook, West Nickel Mines — they are all communities that typify middle-class America. ... They are proof that it can happen anywhere — and it can happen on any given day."

DeAngelis will be in Kankakee on Wednesday as the keynote speaker for the "Emergency Preparedness Leadership" conference at the Hilton Garden Inn. His talk, "Any Given Day," warns that no community, no school is immune from such violence.

The program is sponsored by the Bourbonnais Township Park District and Sorensen, Wilder & Associates. Tickets are $129 per person. To register, visit btpd.org.

DeAngelis, who said he gives up to 40 talks per year, recently talked to the Daily Journal.

That's one busy schedule.

He also said something concerning the basement tapes in the interview. Does anyone know if he actually saw them?
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 124059
Forum Reputation : 1001

PostSubject: Re: Frank DeAngelis' Speaking Tour   Frank DeAngelis' Speaking Tour Icon_minitimeSun Mar 26, 2017 9:33 pm

Yes, Frank DeAngelis has seen the Basement Tapes.
Back to top Go down
myshame

PostSubject: Re: Frank DeAngelis' Speaking Tour   Frank DeAngelis' Speaking Tour Icon_minitimeSun Mar 26, 2017 9:43 pm

sororityalpha wrote:
Yes, Frank DeAngelis has seen the Basement Tapes.

In that case, this quote might be illuminating:

Quote :
"We also have to talk about mental illness. Can we get them help? What are we doing as a school, as a society?

"These two boys didn't wake up on the 20th and decide to blow up our school. One of the last things they recorded was that it was too bad someone didn't discover their tapes."

Deangelis gives the impression that they might have been a bit sincere in that thought. Though it's been a long time, and no one can be certain what exactly he's referring to there.
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: Frank DeAngelis' Speaking Tour   Frank DeAngelis' Speaking Tour Icon_minitimeSun Mar 26, 2017 9:56 pm

From the Basement Tapes

Item [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]:

It’s getting late; Eric looks at his watch and says it’s 1:28 am on March 15. Dylan says people will note the date and time when watching it.

Klebold: [predicting his parents’ feelings of regret] If only we could have reached them sooner, or found this tape.

Harris: [also predicting] If only we would have searched their room. If only we would have asked the right questions. [talks about his mother being thoughtful, bringing him candy and Slim Jims] I really am sorry about all this.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
myshame

PostSubject: Re: Frank DeAngelis' Speaking Tour   Frank DeAngelis' Speaking Tour Icon_minitimeSun Mar 26, 2017 10:06 pm

I wonder if that's the specific quote he's referring to. Probably is.

I'll always think of the sarcastic I'm Not Ashamed reading of the words, though.
Back to top Go down
Love

Love

Contribution Points : 67641
Forum Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: Frank DeAngelis' Speaking Tour   Frank DeAngelis' Speaking Tour Icon_minitimeMon Mar 27, 2017 10:31 am

In fact, when they spoke these words, they imitated the voices of their mothers. Imagine how hard it was for Susan to hear her son mimics her.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: Frank DeAngelis' Speaking Tour   Frank DeAngelis' Speaking Tour Icon_minitimeMon Mar 27, 2017 12:20 pm

According to the evidence, the only part where one of them pretends to be a mother is this:

The boys then decide to take a video tour of “Reb’s room” and “all the illegal shit” in it.

Dylan backs out of the room with the camera and pretends to be Eric’s mother.

Harris: [waves at the camera] Hi, mom.

At one point, Klebold backs out of the room and pretends to be Harris' mother.

Harris waves at the camera.

"Hi, mom," he says.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Love

Love

Contribution Points : 67641
Forum Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: Frank DeAngelis' Speaking Tour   Frank DeAngelis' Speaking Tour Icon_minitimeMon Mar 27, 2017 12:37 pm

I read it in one of the descriptions of the basement tapes. I don't remember exactly, but maybe the words of the journalists who watched tapes. Somewhere on the forum there are these descriptions... So what is shown in the film is not fiction.

Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: Frank DeAngelis' Speaking Tour   Frank DeAngelis' Speaking Tour Icon_minitimeMon Mar 27, 2017 12:57 pm

Quote :
From the TIME article:

Before pressing the video camera's stop button, Harris said he believes he knows what his parents will say after the killings.

sororityalpha wrote:
From the Basement Tapes

Item [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]:

It’s getting late; Eric looks at his watch and says it’s 1:28 am on March 15. Dylan says people will note the date and time when watching it.

Klebold: [predicting his parents’ feelings of regret] If only we could have reached them sooner, or found this tape.

Harris: [also predicting] If only we would have searched their room. If only we would have asked the right questions. [talks about his mother being thoughtful, bringing him candy and Slim Jims] I really am sorry about all this.

Love wrote:
I read it in one of the descriptions of the basement tapes. I don't remember exactly, but maybe the words of the journalists who watched tapes. Somewhere on the forum there are these descriptions... So what is shown in the film is not fiction.

We really don't know how Eric/Dylan voices sounded when they said the above statements.

It may not have been they way it was displayed in the scenes in I'm Not Ashamed.
Back to top Go down
myshame

PostSubject: Re: Frank DeAngelis' Speaking Tour   Frank DeAngelis' Speaking Tour Icon_minitimeMon Mar 27, 2017 5:30 pm

Maybe Deangelis will come out with a book. Sue Klebold was a public speaker before she wrote her book, right?
Back to top Go down
myshame

PostSubject: Re: Frank DeAngelis' Speaking Tour   Frank DeAngelis' Speaking Tour Icon_minitimeTue Apr 04, 2017 7:46 pm

I think I found his speech:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Frank DeAngelis' Speaking Tour   Frank DeAngelis' Speaking Tour Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Frank DeAngelis' Speaking Tour
Page 1 of 1