Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Students in the cafeteria when Eric and Dylan entered it

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Szabo

Contribution Points : 67663
Forum Reputation : 35

Students in the cafeteria when Eric and Dylan entered it Empty
PostSubject: Students in the cafeteria when Eric and Dylan entered it   Students in the cafeteria when Eric and Dylan entered it Icon_minitimeFri Apr 07, 2017 12:48 pm

Has it ever been clarified how many students were still in the cafeteria when Eric and Dylan first entered it? In the full video there appears to be at least a handful. They appear to have all fled when the fire started.

I wonder as well if any of the students who remained there have ever been named or given testimonies? There's one student in particular who is the most visible in the footage hiding under a table, I wonder if he's ever been named?

Thanks for any help.

Last edited by Szabo on Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheSpiral

TheSpiral

Contribution Points : 74839
Forum Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: Students in the cafeteria when Eric and Dylan entered it   Students in the cafeteria when Eric and Dylan entered it Icon_minitimeFri Apr 07, 2017 12:53 pm

I think it was a little less than 300 students by the time they entered, it was pretty crowded.
I don't think the guy in the white shirt under the table was ever interviewed (on tape at least).

Now everybody dancing, the dance of the dead
The dance of the dead, the dance of the dead
Back to top Go down
Szabo

Contribution Points : 67663
Forum Reputation : 35

PostSubject: Re: Students in the cafeteria when Eric and Dylan entered it   Students in the cafeteria when Eric and Dylan entered it Icon_minitimeFri Apr 07, 2017 1:28 pm

TheSpiral wrote:
I think it was a little less than 300 students by the time they entered, it was pretty crowded.

Hi, just to clearup any confusion, I originally meant the number of students who were still there when Eric and Dylan entered the cafeteria the first time. I agree that it did look pretty crowded in the beginning, but I think the vast majority of the students had already fled by this time and only a few remained behind.

Back to top Go down
TheSpiral

TheSpiral

Contribution Points : 74839
Forum Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: Students in the cafeteria when Eric and Dylan entered it   Students in the cafeteria when Eric and Dylan entered it Icon_minitimeFri Apr 07, 2017 1:30 pm

Szabo wrote:
TheSpiral wrote:

Hi, just to clearup any confusion, I originally meant the number of students who were still there when Eric and Dylan entered the cafeteria the first time. I agree that it did look pretty crowded in the beginning, but I think the vast majority of the students had already fled by this time and only a few remained behind.

Oh, I thought you meant when they carried in the bombs.
I'm not sure, about 10 to 15 if I'm being generous.

Now everybody dancing, the dance of the dead
The dance of the dead, the dance of the dead
Back to top Go down
Gonz

Gonz

Contribution Points : 84965
Forum Reputation : 50

PostSubject: Re: Students in the cafeteria when Eric and Dylan entered it   Students in the cafeteria when Eric and Dylan entered it Icon_minitimeSun Apr 16, 2017 2:02 pm

Szabo wrote:
I wonder as well if any of the students who remained there have ever been named or given testimonies? There's one student in particular who is the most visible in the footage hiding under a table, I wonder if he's ever been named?

Thanks for any help.

Yes, they talked to police officers too, you can find their statements in the Columbine Report – Cafeteria Witnesses section.

Here you have some names, but there were more students like William Hanifen or Keni Dooley, who aren't included in that post.

DenverPost wrote:
Hiding beneath a lunch table, Keni Dooley watched a gunman lob a bomb into the cafeteria and shoot it. The fireball scorched the ceiling and blew out tiles.

Harris and Klebold laughed. Then they chucked more bombs.

Dooley sprinted for the door in front of the two killers. "They saw me and didn't do anything,'' said the girl, who hid safely between cars in the student parking lot for 2 ½ hours.
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 124034
Forum Reputation : 1001

PostSubject: Re: Students in the cafeteria when Eric and Dylan entered it   Students in the cafeteria when Eric and Dylan entered it Icon_minitimeSun Apr 16, 2017 3:18 pm

I have been working on this. This is what I have noted so far:

Table VV – Tyler Anderson, John McMaster

Table J – Justin Cozart, William ‘Bill’ Hanifen, Lisa Forgan

Table L – Mary Campbell, Brittany Weeden, Keni Dooley, Bryan Grande

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Students in the cafeteria when Eric and Dylan entered it   Students in the cafeteria when Eric and Dylan entered it Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Students in the cafeteria when Eric and Dylan entered it
Page 1 of 1