Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Anybody seen Adams spreadsheet ?

Go down 
+4
STK
FIBAgent
sscc
Smiggles94
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Smiggles94

Smiggles94

Contribution Points : 70649
Forum Reputation : 28

Anybody seen Adams spreadsheet ? Empty
PostSubject: Anybody seen Adams spreadsheet ?   Anybody seen Adams spreadsheet ? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 08, 2017 9:23 am

Badly want too see it will it be released ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anybody seen Adams spreadsheet ?   Anybody seen Adams spreadsheet ? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 08, 2017 5:49 pm

I have not seen the spreadsheet and to my knowledge neither has anyone in the public. The spreadsheet was one of the many things that the police has withheld from the public, including some photos of Adam holding guns ect. I sadly doubt that we will see the files be released ever unless someone hacks into the police database that has these files.
Back to top Go down
Smiggles94

Smiggles94

PostSubject: Re: Anybody seen Adams spreadsheet ?   Anybody seen Adams spreadsheet ? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 09, 2017 7:41 am

Don't see why they would hide these photos from us
Back to top Go down
sscc

Contribution Points : 83257
Forum Reputation : 598

PostSubject: Re: Anybody seen Adams spreadsheet ?   Anybody seen Adams spreadsheet ? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 09, 2017 5:50 pm

Adam gave out a public download link at least once and probably twice. The first time was on the old forum, though the complete thread was not archived, and the other was on Wikipedia, though the download link is now dead. This means that someone outside of law enforcement could definitely have a copy. The best chance of ever seeing it would be someone from the old forum since I agree that the police will not release this document. I hope it will surface one day but I have never even heard someone mention that they remember looking at it, much less having downloaded it. The Wikipedia post was kind of buried but the forum post would have been a lot more visible. I would be interested in hearing from anyone who may remember seeing it even if they don't have a copy saved.

I have always wondered exactly what information was contained in the spreadsheet. Adam knew details that went down to the average age of victims, if I remember correctly. They said that this was unprecedented and the research was meticulous. The narrative has been that it was created because Adam hoped to top the list one day and maybe that's accurate but I wonder if he was attempting to use the data to gain insight into the phenomenon of mass shootings or the lives of shooters, given that he discussed mass shootings as being caused by societal issues. Maybe it was just an obsessive habit and there was no further analysis but it sounds like there was too much research involved for this to have been just a way to keep track of 'scores.' He also noted some shooting trends in his final post on the forum so I do think that there is a good chance that it was more than a morbid tally sheet.
Back to top Go down
FIBAgent
William Atchison
March 18, 1996 -
December 7, 2017
FIBAgent

Contribution Points : 67945
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Anybody seen Adams spreadsheet ?   Anybody seen Adams spreadsheet ? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 09, 2017 6:45 pm

Imagine if Adam Lanza wasn't obsessed with the macabre and focused his mind on helping to cure cancer or reduce genetic defections. Imagine what that kid could've done if his mind was in the right place.

Nevertheless, the police will rarely hand the truth to the public. You could try to file a FOIA to the FBI and CT Police for some details, but half of what you get back will likely be covered in black strips.

Smiggles94, ANOMIC and TheGoodChief like this post

Back to top Go down
STK

STK

Contribution Points : 72944
Forum Reputation : 330

PostSubject: Re: Anybody seen Adams spreadsheet ?   Anybody seen Adams spreadsheet ? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 09, 2017 11:19 pm

FIBAgent wrote:
Imagine if Adam Lanza wasn't obsessed with the macabre and focused his mind on helping to cure cancer or reduce genetic defections. Imagine what that kid could've done if his mind was in the right place.
If that were the case, he would have been an isolated, barely functioning loner with a 5'8 spreadsheet on various cancer types. Lanza's serious mental health issues basically ruled out the possibility of anything resembling a normal life. In order for that to have happened, he would have needed serious treatment, treatment that both he and his mother would probably have been unwilling to engage in.

"If opportunities for role fulfilment fall far short of the demand by those capable of filling roles, and having expectations to do so, only violence and disruption of social organization can follow. Individuals born under these circumstances will be so out of touch with reality as to be incapable even of alienation. Their most complex behaviors will become fragmented. Acquisition, creation and utilization of ideas appropriate for life in a post-industrial cultural-conceptual-technological society will have been blocked."
- John B. Calhoun

"If I died thirsty, it wouldn't matter for me if it rains ever again"
- Abu Firas al-Hamdani

2qao likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anybody seen Adams spreadsheet ?   Anybody seen Adams spreadsheet ? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 14, 2017 11:45 pm

Unfortunately, I can't find the screenshot but it showed Lanza posting it and his caption was something along the lines of how it was "comprehensive" and stuff like that. It displayed that around six people opened it.
Back to top Go down
sscc

PostSubject: Re: Anybody seen Adams spreadsheet ?   Anybody seen Adams spreadsheet ? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 15, 2017 12:35 am

scibblewop wrote:
Unfortunately, I can't find the screenshot but it showed Lanza posting it and his caption was something along the lines of how it was "comprehensive" and stuff like that. It displayed that around six people opened it.
I don't think that I've seen this if it's not the screenshot here. Was this it?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Or was it a screenshot of the actual download link?

Also, just to quickly add to my comment from a few months ago, Adam actually did confirm that his spreadsheet was not simply a "high score list" which he was one day hoping to top. He mentioned that he was using it to answer statistical questions.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anybody seen Adams spreadsheet ?   Anybody seen Adams spreadsheet ? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 15, 2017 8:04 am

Hi SSCC, I do not know how to reply so I don't know if you're ever going to see this aha but yes that is the screenshot I meant.
Back to top Go down
sscc

PostSubject: Re: Anybody seen Adams spreadsheet ?   Anybody seen Adams spreadsheet ? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 15, 2017 10:19 am

scibblewop wrote:
Hi SSCC, I do not know how to reply so I don't know if you're ever going to see this aha but yes that is the screenshot I meant.
I read just about every post on here so no problem. Smile

I know you didn't actually ask but to reply you can put @ in front of the username of the person you're responding to (like [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]) and it should notify the person that they were mentioned, or you can click the 'quote' button at the top right corner of a post and it will quote that person's post for you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anybody seen Adams spreadsheet ?   Anybody seen Adams spreadsheet ? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 15, 2017 10:22 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] thanks!
Back to top Go down
Myll

Contribution Points : 60547
Forum Reputation : 70

PostSubject: Re: Anybody seen Adams spreadsheet ?   Anybody seen Adams spreadsheet ? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 15, 2017 1:40 pm

sscc wrote:

Also, just to quickly add to my comment from a few months ago, Adam actually did confirm that his spreadsheet was not simply a "high score list" which he was one day hoping to top. He mentioned that he was using it to answer statistical questions.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This really makes me wonder, how detailed was his spreadsheet.
We know that he had weapons, number killed/injured, name and age of perpetrator but how much more detail does it go in to

I think its safe to assume he at least had whether they committed suicide, type of attack, perpatrator's gender, country it happened in, location(s) it happened in

Back to top Go down
sscc

PostSubject: Re: Anybody seen Adams spreadsheet ?   Anybody seen Adams spreadsheet ? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 15, 2017 3:19 pm

Myll wrote:
This really makes me wonder, how detailed was his spreadsheet.
We know that he had weapons, number killed/injured, name and age of perpetrator but how much more detail does it go in to

I think its safe to assume he at least had whether they committed suicide, type of attack, perpatrator's gender, country it happened in, location(s) it happened in

This is something I wonder about as well. As I mentioned earlier, he had the average age of the victims on hand.

Smiggles (10/28/11) wrote:
The average age of the people that Robert Hawkins shot was 49. That doesn't seem to be getting back at kids who have redundantly pumped-up kicks.

This suggests to me that he was recording every detail that he could reliably gather for multiple mass shooters.

In addition to what you mentioned, I am guessing that he may have also recorded details about the perpetrator such as developmental disorders or mental health diagnoses they received before their attack and possibly postmortem diagnoses (like Eric Harris, the psychopath), the stated motivation for the killings, the family background (possibly including things like race or ethnic background, family military service, the marital status of parents and socioeconomic class), marital status (and maybe whether they were considered loners or had a regular social life), military aspirations or service, previous interest in weapons or firearms and other interests, religious, philosophical or political affiliations, general personality traits and other things like that, where patterns seem to develop among mass shooters.

Smiggles (11/8/11) wrote:
Without applying my pet theory as to the origin of mass murder, which you're accusing me of doing, anyone can see that Robert Hawkins did explicitly share the socioeconomic characteristics of much older mass murderers. Instead of approaching it through simply stereotyping him as a school shooter who was bullied by his classmates, it would thus be more accurate to approach it through simply stereotyping him as maybe being a young version of Mark Barton, with whom he shared many similarities.

If we could identify the similarities between Mark Barton and Robert Hawkins, we might be able to figure out some of the characteristics that he was tracking and which ones he considered relevant enough in his analysis of mass murderers to draw a comparison between the two of them. Mark's attack does not seem to bear much resemblance to Robert's attack since it mainly took place at his former employer's office, so we might guess that he was referring strictly to background circumstances. Strangely, Mark was a 44 year old day trader who was married with two children (and he killed all three before the attack) so it's hard to see the resemblance to Robert there either. I really don't know why Adam thought of them as being similar but I think it would be an interesting task to attempt to figure out why Adam pointed to Mark as a shooter who had things in common with Robert.
Back to top Go down
Woundfucker

Woundfucker

Contribution Points : 7380
Forum Reputation : 197

PostSubject: Re: Anybody seen Adams spreadsheet ?   Anybody seen Adams spreadsheet ? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 18, 2023 10:23 pm

FIBAgent wrote:

Nevertheless, the police will rarely hand the truth to the public. You could try to file a FOIA to the FBI and CT Police for some details, but half of what you get back will likely be covered in black strips.
Always nice to see couch cuck in the old threads.

QuestionMark, tellecat, marsh, TheGoodChief and LucienBarminswaAlexander like this post

Back to top Go down
Smiggles94

Smiggles94

PostSubject: Re: Anybody seen Adams spreadsheet ?   Anybody seen Adams spreadsheet ? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 20, 2023 1:08 pm

Woundfucker wrote:
FIBAgent wrote:

Always nice to see couch cuck in the old threads.

He went on too be a mass shooter himself it’s William Atchison

Woundfucker likes this post

Back to top Go down
Smiggles94

Smiggles94

PostSubject: Re: Anybody seen Adams spreadsheet ?   Anybody seen Adams spreadsheet ? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 20, 2023 1:25 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Woundfucker and LucienBarminswaAlexander like this post

Back to top Go down
alesanagoon

alesanagoon

Contribution Points : 5606
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: Anybody seen Adams spreadsheet ?   Anybody seen Adams spreadsheet ? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 22, 2023 1:50 am

is this it? this is supposedly atleast a part of it,, the spreadsheet was linked on his section on schoolshooters.info lol

Smiggles94, Variache and LucienBarminswaAlexander like this post

Back to top Go down
LucienBarminswaAlexander

LucienBarminswaAlexander

Contribution Points : 7383
Forum Reputation : 95

PostSubject: Re: Anybody seen Adams spreadsheet ?   Anybody seen Adams spreadsheet ? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 24, 2023 2:08 pm

alesanagoon wrote:
is this it? this is supposedly atleast a part of it,, the spreadsheet was linked on his section on schoolshooters.info lol

Yeah I was gonna mention this too. I’m pretty sure it is. It lines up with the online photo of the top ones. It’s actually quite an excellent compilation of them, all things considered. (Removed the link because I’m not allowed to send links or tag them).

alesanagoon likes this post

Back to top Go down
Smiggles94

Smiggles94

PostSubject: Re: Anybody seen Adams spreadsheet ?   Anybody seen Adams spreadsheet ? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 24, 2023 4:30 pm

alesanagoon wrote:

Nice find, thank you !

alesanagoon likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anybody seen Adams spreadsheet ?   Anybody seen Adams spreadsheet ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anybody seen Adams spreadsheet ?
Page 1 of 1